Fantasy Toy Banter (Other non-BD Sites)

Discuss anything related to Bad Dragon here!
Rainbow Dasher

Re: Fantasy Toy Banter (Other non-BD Sites)

Postby Rainbow Dasher » Tue Aug 18, 2015 10:14 pm

nevan wrote:I'm going to order something else from FB again in the future - and at first I thought I was gonna go with a 'guided mystery' small or medium Spinosaurus (so I could ask them to do a split marble); but then...I kept reading Euphoberia reviews, and realized something....

...I could have a big 'ol Xenomorph "dong" instead :smile:

I just don't know if I want a Soft or Medium firmness for it...planning on the Medium size. Anyone who has a medium Euphoberia have opinions on firmness?

I have a medium in soft and I just love it! It's perfect for me personally, and I don't find it too squishy to work with.
Pansexual|Married|Writer|Artist|Foodie|Pegasister|Spiritual|Crafter|Blogger|Adrenaline Junkie|Furry| Owns a lot of fucking dicks.
nevan

Postby nevan » Tue Aug 18, 2015 10:28 pm

The_Tokoloshe wrote:I have a medium Euphoberia.
It is medium firmness.
It is perfect.
Honestly it could even be firm. I know the tip looks intimidating but myself and others I have talked to (after getting it, of course >.<)... the tip isn't pokey at all, and firm suits it nicely by bringing out the textures. But in medium there is a nice balance of texture and squish.
Also, the texture makes it an ideal candidate for a highlight.

I was actually worried about super pokey tips, but you're right - I hadn't seen a single review where his tip was a problem! It's still nice to see more people in agreement with that, though!! :-)

I'm a little worried about his size in a harder firmness, tbh. My two medium BD toys, are a soft pretzal - that would be unusable in a harder firmness than soft for me, and a medium elden, that I love the medium firmness on, because I can still feel most of his subtler textures...

Are Euphoberia's textures quite pronounced, like Pretzal, or more subtle?

Chibity wrote:
Medium Eupho? I've got one! In medium firmness, this is how he wiggly-woo's.

ImageImage

oh yEAH I REMEMBER SEEING THAT! Pretty Euphoberia you have, Chibity~! :buddy:

That's a decent amount of wiggly, kinda reminds me of my mini Hyaena - and I know she is still quite squishy.

Rainbow Dasher wrote:
I have a medium in soft and I just love it! It's perfect for me personally, and I don't find it too squishy to work with.

:psyduck: I do really like my two toys I have in soft...but I like my medium firm, medium elden, too-!
EdelweissJaeger

Postby EdelweissJaeger » Tue Aug 18, 2015 10:43 pm

:psyduck:
Last edited by EdelweissJaeger on Tue Aug 18, 2015 11:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I ain't nobody's Bitch! Image
Thanks to Chibity for the emote~!
Chibity

Postby Chibity » Tue Aug 18, 2015 10:56 pm

Being able to watch yourself lay glow in the dark eggs in pitch darkness is just the craziest thing. :psyduck:

The things I didn't realize I needed until I had them.
ImageImage Image
Designer of Kage the Anomaly -- Forum / Labs -- Ͼ Art Tumblr Ͽ
The_Tokoloshe

Postby The_Tokoloshe » Tue Aug 18, 2015 11:12 pm

nevan wrote:I'm a little worried about his size in a harder firmness, tbh. My two medium BD toys, are a soft pretzal - that would be unusable in a harder firmness than soft for me, and a medium elden, that I love the medium firmness on, because I can still feel most of his subtler textures...

Oh gosh no, Euphoberia is much more subtle than either of those. The shape (straight, tapered) is also considerably different and more anatomy-friendly and would handle more pronounced textures and features better. But the details, as you can see, are more... "etched" into the form as opposed to true protrusions.

It is very, very nice. I am considering a new medium in firm, when I have the money.
And a large in medium, if they release one of those. Heheh.
I have many toys from nearly all makers. I am happy to offer advice whenever possible.
I am in an exclusive relationship. Please do not proposition me or be inappropriate.
nevan

Postby nevan » Wed Aug 19, 2015 12:12 am

The_Tokoloshe wrote:
nevan wrote:I'm a little worried about his size in a harder firmness, tbh. My two medium BD toys, are a soft pretzal - that would be unusable in a harder firmness than soft for me, and a medium elden, that I love the medium firmness on, because I can still feel most of his subtler textures...

Oh gosh no, Euphoberia is much more subtle than either of those. The shape (straight, tapered) is also considerably different and more anatomy-friendly and would handle more pronounced textures and features better. But the details, as you can see, are more... "etched" into the form as opposed to true protrusions.

It is very, very nice. I am considering a new medium in firm, when I have the money.
And a large in medium, if they release one of those. Heheh.

Ah, I couldn't really tell with the pictures, tbh; but that sounds good! I think I probably will go for a medium~
Shadow hound

Postby Shadow hound » Wed Aug 19, 2015 12:38 am

Rainbow Dasher wrote:I am still in love with this "ice cream sundae" Orca from EE:

tumblr_nsboewpwOS1tk3atbo3_1280.jpg

sundaeorca1.jpg

sundaeorca2.jpg

The large is going to be a choc mint vanilla swirl! :buddy:

How do those orcas feel? I've always been put off by the tips because it just looks so extremely pokey.
My Toys:
► Show Spoiler
Xan

Postby Xan » Wed Aug 19, 2015 3:20 am

I'm still saving up for a Primal Hardwere Petunia...
Does anyone have experiences with that penetrable? :stick:

Also, does anyone know what happened to Sidewinder? Is he still making toys?
Designer of the magnificent Mountain Drake https://forums.bad-dragon.com/download/file.php?id=115536
reine

Postby reine » Wed Aug 19, 2015 9:12 am

Hey! I don't own anything from any other sites yet, so can anyone tell me how smooth/matte FB, BR, and EE's products are?

FB's models in particular look extremely glassy (like, glassier than BD's Crash), so I fear that they'd be tacky or too smooth to the touch. :[ Very slight printer texture (ie. BD's David and Gryphon) is my ideal-- too smooth and it just feels gross, imo.
AlphaBlue

Postby AlphaBlue » Wed Aug 19, 2015 9:39 am

reine wrote:Hey! I don't own anything from any other sites yet, so can anyone tell me how smooth/matte FB, BR, and EE's products are?

FB's models in particular look extremely glassy (like, glassier than BD's Crash), so I fear that they'd be tacky or too smooth to the touch. :[ Very slight printer texture (ie. BD's David and Gryphon) is my ideal-- too smooth and it just feels gross, imo.

Every models a bit different but I think it's safe to say in general that EE has a lot of highly textured and/or matte stuff and FB's are pretty smooth? I've only owned a few from each so far though but going on what I've read from a lot of reviews too. BR I'm not too sure. Orion and Sagittarius look pretty smooth though but the other two it's hard to say just by looking.
"Now these are the laws of the jungle, and many and mighty are they;
But the head and the hoof of the law and the haunch and the hump is—Obey!"

- Rudyard Kipling, The Law of the Jungle
Image Image Image Image Image
-Icons & Avatar by Chibity-
Knottery

Postby Knottery » Wed Aug 19, 2015 9:41 am

reine wrote:Hey! I don't own anything from any other sites yet, so can anyone tell me how smooth/matte FB, BR, and EE's products are?

Like BD, it depends on the model. FB's said their older toys tend to have more texture than their newer ones, although I've seen a few comments in passing about a couple of the new ones also having texture (Deino and Spino, I think?) so it's not really an across the board thing. EE's also varies depending. My Reptilian is pretty smooth but my Hippocampus has some texture to it. BR's newer models have been printed and smoothed, while her older ones are hand sculpted. DA also hand sculpts.

It's hard to smooth away that printer texture while keeping details in a model, so it isn't really a uniform thing. I'd recommend looking at some hand sculpted models if you're looking for something that's not aggressively textured and not completely smooth.
kt~

Postby kt~ » Wed Aug 19, 2015 10:32 am

I have one mini FB toy and if you look closely at it it has very slight printer texture, but I don't feel it in use.

100_1145.JPG

100_1152.JPG

(Probably also depends on the model, though. Mine is a mini Sauropod)

Edit: Another picture
100_1168.JPG
~Kinzie~ :misc13: :cool: / Female / 23 / Otaku / Writer

One step on the road to recovery from past traumas.

20 Insertables/1 Penetrable/3 Vibes/4 Eggs
Pictures of my Collection
nevan

Postby nevan » Wed Aug 19, 2015 11:35 am

I have an FB mini Deinonychus, and a mini Hyaenodon - Deino is known for its matte/printer texture - you can really see it on his knot (looks almost like a fingerprint, the way it swirls), but in a mini in medium firmness, you don't really feel it much. I've had another Deino owner tell me to use lube, though because of his matte texture. Other than that, he's fairly smooth. I'd compare his matte texture to BD Elden's. Hyaenodon is rather smooth, and even though my mini is in medium firmness, she feels more like my soft, small Nox to me - a slight tackiness, but I don't feel that as much in use, either. I feel like in the firm firmness, she wouldn't be as tacky.

I've gone through the FB reviews part of FB's forums, and the most popular models seem to be Euphoberia, the Mechanical Animals, and Tyrant. All of those are more textured toys, but none a wildly textured (imo) as BD's Crackers or Flint.
reine

Postby reine » Wed Aug 19, 2015 11:39 am

Thanks for the quick feedback! :0

I've been considering buying something from FB, so it's good to know that their toys aren't super tacky and glassy to the touch. Something about a complete lack of printer/mould texture puts me off, haha.
Anuras

Postby Anuras » Wed Aug 19, 2015 11:58 am

I've never gotten anything from EE before, can anyone give me an idea for the level of customization for the Reptilian is? Like what they do/don't do? I've seen a lot of their deluxe surprise-me's and the like, but I'm really not sure how it all works. D:
Does the scent of soil and beast breathe the life into the animal you hide?
kt~

Postby kt~ » Wed Aug 19, 2015 12:50 pm

nevan wrote:I have an FB mini Deinonychus, and a mini Hyaenodon - Deino is known for its matte/printer texture - you can really see it on his knot (looks almost like a fingerprint, the way it swirls)

Yeah that's exactly what mine is like. I figured that was the printer texture.
~Kinzie~ :misc13: :cool: / Female / 23 / Otaku / Writer

One step on the road to recovery from past traumas.

20 Insertables/1 Penetrable/3 Vibes/4 Eggs
Pictures of my Collection
Rainbow Dasher

Postby Rainbow Dasher » Wed Aug 19, 2015 12:56 pm

I know some of them have printer texture, but I never really feel it. Most of their toys I have in medium size and in medium firm, save for one that is in soft, and they all feel the same to me. Yes, I know there are a great number of shapes and bumps and ridges and what not, but to my body they all feel smooth. I like how they feel, the ones I've tried, I'm just not able to feel much texture on really anything. I can definitely confirm that their printer texture isn't as gnarly as something like, say, Crackers.
Pansexual|Married|Writer|Artist|Foodie|Pegasister|Spiritual|Crafter|Blogger|Adrenaline Junkie|Furry| Owns a lot of fucking dicks.
Rainbow Dasher

Postby Rainbow Dasher » Wed Aug 19, 2015 12:58 pm

Shadow hound wrote:How do those orcas feel? I've always been put off by the tips because it just looks so extremely pokey.

I quite like them. At the moment I like the mini a bit more, purely because I think the medium firm pour of the medium, is a bit too stiff for me. Don't get me wrong or anything, I still love him! I think he'd feel nicer in a soft. I actually don't find him poky, not like I assumed I might. He's actually quite smooth.
griffin-morgenstern

Postby griffin-morgenstern » Wed Aug 19, 2015 2:16 pm

Xan wrote:I'm still saving up for a Primal Hardwere Petunia...
Does anyone have experiences with that penetrable? :stick:

Also, does anyone know what happened to Sidewinder? Is he still making toys?

I gifted my boyfriend a Petunia, and now its his favourite toy. :stick:
It's really soft and nicely sized, but I can't comment on how the texture feels.

I think he still does, he released new toys some weeks ago. Yiffytoys re-sells most of his toys.
cluster

Postby cluster » Wed Aug 19, 2015 2:29 pm

Shadow hound wrote:
Rainbow Dasher wrote:I am still in love with this "ice cream sundae" Orca from EE:

tumblr_nsboewpwOS1tk3atbo3_1280.jpg

sundaeorca1.jpg

sundaeorca2.jpg

The large is going to be a choc mint vanilla swirl! :buddy:

How do those orcas feel? I've always been put off by the tips because it just looks so extremely pokey.

I can't remember if mine is a medium or soft firmness, but it isn't pokey. I don't know what it's getting up to when it's all up in my business, but it might as well be folded over itself for all of the poke I feel. :mystery:
idk. i just like the ghost. :mystery:

Selling a bunch of BD toys, mostly smalls, with some minis and mediums: viewtopic.php?f=134&t=39858 and some EE, FB, DA, etc toys: viewtopic.php?f=136&t=39865 | Also, some bottle caps I made into magnets. Check them out and help me declutter.

► Show Spoiler

Return to “General Discussion”