Dragontech thoughts and ideas

Discuss anything related to Bad Dragon here!
offline_user

Dragontech thoughts and ideas

Postby offline_user » Sun Oct 11, 2015 9:14 pm

Thinking about the promotion, had a few theories i wanted to post about! :tinfoil:

Here is some of the promo text:
(Highlighted some words that stood out to me)
Dragontech wrote:Dragontech aims to offer you modern conveniences done with artistic flair by top of the line machinery and technology! With Dragontech innovations in your life, you will always make the scene.

Wet rags and squares themselves can't resist the allure of Dragontech's miraculous designs, so get on the stick and join all the hep cats who have improved their daily lives with radioactive illuminations.

Stay in orbit with ALL of Dragontech's wonderful kicks by tuning in to bad-dragon.com regularly! Cast an eyeball on plenty of boss creatons in the coming weeks (including hot sides created by the wonders of Dragontech), ya dig?

Get up to date information by following @bad_dragon (or @PRPandaBD for exclusive content) on Twitter for updates on life in a Dragontech-controlled world!

Brought to you by Dragontech and Duka-Cola

And Some @PRPandaBD excerpts:

@PRPandBD wrote:Machines do all the work for us. Well, machines and computers anyway. They always work perfectly all the time! Seriously, when was the last time you had an issue with something mechanical or electrical? Exactly! Never!
(could be just a nod to CRON)

@PRPandBD wrote:Yep, as long as we have our Dragontech and Duka Cola we are all safe, and will definitely, absolutely, never ever need those “Survival Bunkers” that were created to protect against the nuclear boogeyman.

"Tech" "modern conveniences" "machinery and technology"

Really seems to be pushing tech on this one, so feels like it will primarily feature robots.

"radioactive illuminations"

Feels like GITD "Something", be it a color scheme, GITD lube, or maybe a hint at non-robotic toys being released.

"eyeball" "boss Creations"

Eyebots?
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Maybe an "End Boss"?
(might go as mirelurk or something?)
https://labs.bad-dragon.com/idea/view/879

Or (really stretching it) one of the "bosses" from fallout: "Master"
[spoiler]Lookie! an extra eyeball!
          |
          v
Image[/spoiler]

Other randomness
[spoiler]Just me, or does the Vault Suit remind you of BaNAna?
Image[/spoiler]

What do you think they will be doing for the promo?
    ||
    ||
:dukacola:

:tinfoil:
ffirebbird

Re: Dragontech thoughts and ideas

Postby ffirebbird » Sun Oct 11, 2015 10:01 pm

Amazingly, I picked up on very different words from those you highlighted (e.g. 'scene'; 'wet', 'stick'; 'in orbit'; 'hot sides'). I also agree with the gist pertaining to 'radioactive illuminations' and 'boss creat[i]ons'.

Scene - a camera?
Wet... stick - a goo monster (unlikely, more likely refers to 'radioactive illuminations')
In orbit - refined rocket toy
Radioactive illuminations - GITD something, possibly lube
Eyeball - eyeball plug?
Boss creatons - who knows?

I would also not be surprised if BD actually release 'Duka Cola'.
21/MImageImage Special thanks to Chibity for the mini avatars
Shadow_Twisted

Postby Shadow_Twisted » Sun Oct 11, 2015 10:59 pm

There's plenty of room for speculation at this point. As for the comparison to baNAna, that's grasping at straws to me. BaNAna was a nod to Minions, making the toys look like them.
Things are looking up.
David Pumpkins
Any questions?

Postby David Pumpkins » Mon Oct 12, 2015 11:11 am

This too may help for the speculation engine, rumor has it that it was used to compose the newsletter:

http://www.lsrhs.net/departments/histor ... 0Slang.htm

-Ex
- Just ate 40 lbs. of bamboo, time for a nap! ~
ImageTiny Exspectre by Chibity!Image
Chibity

Postby Chibity » Mon Oct 12, 2015 11:19 am

exspectre wrote:This too may help for the speculation engine, rumor has it that it was used to compose the newsletter:

http://www.lsrhs.net/departments/histor ... 0Slang.htm

-Ex

Translated directly through it, though I'm pretty sure we're already familiar with a lot of this slang still:

Dragontech aims to offer you modern conveniences done with artistic flair by top of the line machinery and technology! With Dragontech innovations in your life, you will always (attend a party or activity).

(Someone who’s just no fun) and (a regular, normal person. A conformist) themselves can't resist the allure of Dragontech's miraculous designs, so get (pulled together. Bright, prepared…) and join all the (with it, cool) (a hip person) who have improved their daily lives with (very popular) (good ideas, thoughts).

Stay (in the know) with ALL of Dragontech's wonderful (a fun or good thing; a fad) by tuning in to bad-dragon.com regularly! (To look) on plenty of (great) creatons in the coming weeks (including hot (vinyl records) created by the wonders of Dragontech), ya (understand; to approve)?

Get up to date information by following @bad_dragon (or @PRPandaBD for exclusive content) on Twitter for updates on life in a Dragontech-controlled world!

Brought to you by Dragontech and Duka-Cola.
ImageImage Image
Designer of Kage the Anomaly -- Forum / Labs -- Ͼ Art Tumblr Ͽ
Inferno

Postby Inferno » Mon Oct 12, 2015 11:46 am

I'm guessing a new GITD colors, or maybe a huge announcement like Blacklight/UV reactive option! I'd be first in line for being able to choose UV-reactive colors!

I'm sure they'll be releasing a new model... Deathclaw is definitely the first thing that comes to mind, or maybe some new mutant species just for BD (mutant dragon hybridized with something we haven't seen yet?)

Maybe even a sale-exclusive color, I'd venture to say it'll be called 'Duck and Cover' or something similar, and be a bright GITD mix of toxic colors like green, orange, yellow, etc.

Edit: OMG!!! I just thought of something; while browsing the labs, I remembered an entry for a bio-mechanical insertable, maybe it'll be released as a staff pick?
One part of a beautiful couple seeking bliss...

Collection below the spoiler for space concerns!

► Show Spoiler
Jasmine

Postby Jasmine » Mon Oct 12, 2015 3:53 pm

I'm betting that an Orange GITD option will be available at some point, due to AlphaBlue's teenie Anthrodragon.
viewtopic.php?p=1068820#p1068820

Seeing as Fallout comes out on November 10th, I'm guessing we'll get maybe two or three toys from the promotion. Much like Dragon Island, it's likely to have something knotted, something smooth, and maybe a penetrable.

Things I'm hoping for: some sort of mutant ooze, maybe a new sheath, and not too many robots.

I know Duke is just being the mascot because mascot, but it might be nice to have his character art updated from the Valentine's promo for the event.
ImageImage
Jasmine

Postby Jasmine » Wed Oct 14, 2015 7:53 pm

Caution! Mutagen plus the blog post from today:

Some say they are performing crazy, twisted experiments on the wildlife from the area. Apparently, this is some sort of super soldier program meant to create animal/human hybrids. Sure, like this is really happening.

Even so, I for one trust them implicitly. Experiments of this nature have such a low backfire rate, nothing can go wrong. I highly doubt we will find ourselves living out a 'Frankenstein' scenario as a result of our dabbling in science. Every time I turn around, it's paranoia about the government, their laboratories, and the survival bunkers. They are here to protect us people! Geez, when did everyone get so cynical?

Anyway, here we are safe and sound. No half dragon/half seahorses showing up at our door asking to use our bathroom or steal our food.

Mutants. Definitely looking forward to mutants.
ImageImage
Crazzy

Postby Crazzy » Wed Oct 14, 2015 8:14 pm

Jasmine wrote:Image

Caution! Mutagen plus the blog post from today:

Some say they are performing crazy, twisted experiments on the wildlife from the area. Apparently, this is some sort of super soldier program meant to create animal/human hybrids. Sure, like this is really happening.

Even so, I for one trust them implicitly. Experiments of this nature have such a low backfire rate, nothing can go wrong. I highly doubt we will find ourselves living out a 'Frankenstein' scenario as a result of our dabbling in science. Every time I turn around, it's paranoia about the government, their laboratories, and the survival bunkers. They are here to protect us people! Geez, when did everyone get so cynical?

Anyway, here we are safe and sound. No half dragon/half seahorses showing up at our door asking to use our bathroom or steal our food.

Mutants. Definitely looking forward to mutants.

Same here though I wonder if they will do something based on the Wanamingo (hopefully the one in the far back...I liked the Wanamingos ok)

and here is a pic of one
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Come on think of something witty think of something witty...........SOMETHING WITTY
AbhorredAbsence

Postby AbhorredAbsence » Wed Oct 14, 2015 11:02 pm

offline_user wrote:"radioactive illuminations"

I neeeeeeeed a Glowing One dick. :D
marcii

Postby marcii » Thu Oct 15, 2015 2:25 pm

Got my bottle caps today, thought I'd share! The blue one reads "gamma" and the green one reads "atomic rod".

:dukacola: :dukacola:
tumblr_nwa0qdPJLv1uybzt7o2_1280.jpg
Inferno

Postby Inferno » Thu Oct 15, 2015 4:01 pm

marcii wrote:Got my bottle caps today, thought I'd share! The blue one reads "gamma" and the green one reads "atomic rod".

Wooow, they look so cool! I have to get in on this promo now :dukeretro:

► Show Spoiler
Inferno

Postby Inferno » Thu Oct 15, 2015 4:28 pm

HungryStray wrote:
marcii wrote:Got my bottle caps today, thought I'd share! The blue one reads "gamma" and the green one reads "atomic rod".

Premonition time. Names on the bottlecaps might be the colors potentially being released for this. I'm down.

But don't they already have names for their GITD blue and green? Because I couldve sworn the blue was named when they did the Pacific Rim event with the Kaiju colors...

It'd be neat to see more GITD options though.

► Show Spoiler
Grimmyr

Postby Grimmyr » Thu Oct 15, 2015 4:33 pm

DEATHCLAW DONGERRRRRRRRRRRRR.
:excited:
AlphaBlue

Postby AlphaBlue » Thu Oct 15, 2015 8:37 pm

Very neat! Nice to see there's more than just the red and blue :dukacola: Is green supposed to be Crash...? Wonder what other kinds there are :mystery:
"Now these are the laws of the jungle, and many and mighty are they;
But the head and the hoof of the law and the haunch and the hump is—Obey!"

- Rudyard Kipling, The Law of the Jungle
Image Image Image Image Image
-Icons & Avatar by Chibity-
Sean

Postby Sean » Thu Oct 15, 2015 8:43 pm

Tomorrow is the day we may/will see a new toy and I'm just rocking in my seat. :buddy:
18 / Male / Bisexual / Mated
Masochist / Submissive / Kitten

Toy Count: 11 Insertables/3 Plugs
Knottery

Postby Knottery » Fri Oct 16, 2015 8:09 am

Got this in with my order today for those of you into overanalyzing all the promotional stuff. :nerdy:

Or just looking at cute drawings.
ffirebbird

Postby ffirebbird » Fri Oct 16, 2015 1:25 pm

"You got more bottle caps in your pockets than the whole Duka-Cola factory would know what to do with.... What are ya buyin'? Food? Slick threads?" How many caps for a currywurst as big as my arm? :liplick:
21/MImageImage Special thanks to Chibity for the mini avatars
offline_user

Postby offline_user » Sat Oct 17, 2015 6:30 pm

Was looking back at the lab sketch, and this thought came up:
Looks like a bighorner?
    ||
    ||
:dukacola:

:tinfoil:

Return to “General Discussion”