About those protests in Texas.

Discuss anything related to Bad Dragon here!
Nixsy_Kitty

Re: About those protests in Texas.

Postby Nixsy_Kitty » Tue Oct 13, 2015 10:58 am

kuroyami wrote: I am just wondering why nobody has just beaten people with dildo yet. why shoot the knee caps of your foe when you can slap them around with a giant dick, even at the risk of loosing such expensive thing.

Main reason there is no option to buy a firm XL toy from Bad Dragon.
It is harder to preserve than to obtain liberty. -John Caldwell Calhoun
bisexual male; A cat who likes wolves....and hugs
Nixsy_Kitty

Postby Nixsy_Kitty » Tue Oct 13, 2015 11:01 am

kuroyami wrote:has anyone seen that "keep your guns locked up" PSA video with the young boys who got into their mother's vibrators and were using them as swords and playing with them, with a "just think what would of happend if these were loaded guns"?

LOL. No, I have not. And no I am not keyword searching that. youtube link plz. :widesmile:
It is harder to preserve than to obtain liberty. -John Caldwell Calhoun
bisexual male; A cat who likes wolves....and hugs
SheWantsTheDragonD

Postby SheWantsTheDragonD » Tue Oct 13, 2015 11:03 am

kuroyami wrote:has anyone seen that "keep your guns locked up" PSA video with the young boys who got into their mother's vibrators and were using them as swords and playing with them, with a "just think what would of happend if these were loaded guns"?

I haven't seen that one, but seeing dildos misused as things other than sex toys is always a little funny to me.
j1oOb.jpg
~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~- :misc15: :misc13: :misc14: -~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
SquishyLaughter

Postby SquishyLaughter » Tue Oct 13, 2015 11:55 am

SheWantsTheDragonD wrote:I haven't seen that one, but seeing dildos misused as things other than sex toys is always a little funny to me.
j1oOb.jpg

So glad I keep my dildos out of my ferrets reach!
ffirebbird

Postby ffirebbird » Tue Oct 13, 2015 1:16 pm

"Obscenity" laws are 100% bullshit. They're just the result of Puritanical insecurities. This is a secular nation. I get enraged thinking about how SCOTUS interprets the First Amendment not to include certain things - did you get that from thin air?!

Censorship laws, "obscenity" laws, nudity laws, polygamy laws - they all ought not exist.

I am in conflict when it comes to guns. On one hand, I don't believe the Second Amendment says that all Americans have the right to firearms - it implies the right to pertain only to the people directly responsible for protection of the State (country). On the other hand, I do believe in free commerce. On the third hand, I strongly disagree with Congress's power to regulate "interstate commerce," a power which they have grossly abused and misconstrued. On the fourth hand, protection of citizens is utmost.

Solution: mandate that states require thorough background checks for gun sales, or take away 60+% of the offending state's funding.

I like the spirit of this protest, and it got plenty of attention, but do I think it will achieve anything? - about 20% sure it will.
21/MImageImage Special thanks to Chibity for the mini avatars
Raya

Postby Raya » Tue Oct 13, 2015 4:35 pm

tentacletommy wrote:I don't like the thought that some drunk student can be carrying pistols around, but it wouldn't be hard to hide a weapon if you want to illegally bring one.

There are plenty of crimes involving illegal carry of weapons to worry about. My state has some of the most stringent gun laws in the nation, yet they did nothing to stop the problems we face in places like Sacramento, Oakland, South Central, Compton, and so on.

Hold on there friend, Sacramento isnt no where near as bad as those, your thinking of Stockton, which was names murder capital of this side of the states 3 years in a row and was top 3 in the nation. San Francisco has ALOT more violets then you get here in Sac. Sscramento isnt even on any lists. http://www.homesecurityshield.org/news/ ... alifornia/

Also our college campuses have people wielding bibles not guns and will just yell at you calling you a siner for no fucking reason as your walking to class......
WTB:Kona Teenie

Name Pronounced as Ray-uh
Former Username: Precious Wolf
Im A Therian Wolf
Lover of Knotts, Big Boobs, and Egg Laying/Birthing

DO NOT PM ME FOR SEXUAL FAVORS!!!!!
ImageImageImage
Hoofs_N_Horns

Postby Hoofs_N_Horns » Tue Oct 13, 2015 6:54 pm

kt~ wrote:This is just my two cents too, and I don't live in Texas, but I feel like I would be kind of scared knowing a lot of people around me were potentially armed. Like I would be worried that if I piss someone off, they could just pull a gun out and shoot me -_- Idk if that's a valid concern for most people, but I would get anxious about it.

That is precisely what the NRA wants. For everyone to be afraid of everyone else's guns. So afraid that they need a gun to defend themselves from their fear! I could rant but I will simply be blunt: I hate guns. The sight of them is physically revolting to me. I don't get people's fascination and obsession with them. But it's a losing battle in the US which is completely desensitized to gun tragedies.
Penetrables comparison: here
Shardik

Postby Shardik » Tue Oct 13, 2015 7:23 pm

Those of you with big collections should remember that Texas has a limit to the number of dildos you're allowed to own. More than four and you possess a sex device with intent to sell!
Current Collection:
► Show Spoiler
Niah

Postby Niah » Tue Oct 13, 2015 7:47 pm

I told my mom about those protests, assuming she would find it amusing. She sort of just shook her head and made an "ick" face. I had the thought that if she had a good reaction, then I might tell her about my toys. I have opted not to do so, and so my sister is the only one who knows still. Other than y'all, and I'm so happy for this forum. :blush:
31/Asexual/Genderfluid (biologically female).

See my profile for a list of the toys I own. Please do not solicit me about selling any of my toys.
Inferno

Postby Inferno » Tue Oct 13, 2015 10:03 pm

kt~ wrote:
Inferno wrote:I'm in Texas, and as cool of an idea for a protest this is, I have to disagree... It's just a fact that if you have a 'gun free zone' where law abiding citizens MUST disarm themselves, then a crazy homicidal maniac will know nobody can fight back, making the decision to go ham on campus with a gun much easier for said crazy homicidal maniac.

If you arm the public, they can fight back. Before you give me something about how more guns will make the situation worse because nobody will know the real shooter or other innocents will get hurt heres a few gems of knowledge: trained concealed carriers know when to put their guns up, and who is a threat.

I'm sorry, but disarming the public because of the actions of a few crazed individuals isn't right. Its kind of a touchy subject for me (being Texan, guns and being an armed populace have been ingrained into our culture and lifestyle... taking them away is not a good idea), so I'll just be putting my $0.02 here and taking leave of it :nerdy:

This is just my two cents too, and I don't live in Texas, but I feel like I would be kind of scared knowing a lot of people around me were potentially armed. Like I would be worried that if I piss someone off, they could just pull a gun out and shoot me -_- Idk if that's a valid concern for most people, but I would get anxious about it.

Just playing the devil's advocate here, but... isn't it already like that? Criminals dont obey laws and if someone wants to do harm they will, regardless of the tool used. Knowing CC holders are around is like having plainclothes cops around, because there is a liscensing and testing process to carry. I'd feel safer knowing there were people who want to do good, and have gone through the loops to carry around rather than knowing everyone is disarmed- except those who don't care about the law and want to do harm.
One part of a beautiful couple seeking bliss...

Collection below the spoiler for space concerns!

► Show Spoiler
AlphaBlue

Postby AlphaBlue » Tue Oct 13, 2015 10:27 pm

Shardik wrote:Those of you with big collections should remember that Texas has a limit to the number of dildos you're allowed to own. More than four and you possess a sex device with intent to sell!

*nod* Yep my friend was just telling me about this when I shared the story...though I believe the number is six. It's pretty crazy though that you can be jailed and/or registered as a sex offender if you're caught. Pretty obvious where the priorities of their lawmakers lie :/ But my god I think a few of us (me included) would probably get jailed for life for our collections XD there's probably a joke in there about lethal injection and cumtubes but I have no idea where the hell to start lol.

Also I just wanted to post this. After reading up on a bit more in depth I found this response during a case against the state which they were claiming it was unconstitutional to not be allowed the right to buy/sell and own safe sex toys for use privately or with another person. Kind of speaks for itself lol not much more needs said.

"The State of Texas argued that the state has the right to regulate morality: "The state also argued in a brief that Texas has legitimate “morality based” reasons for the laws, which include “discouraging prurient interests in autonomous sex and the pursuit of sexual gratification unrelated to procreation.”"
"Now these are the laws of the jungle, and many and mighty are they;
But the head and the hoof of the law and the haunch and the hump is—Obey!"

- Rudyard Kipling, The Law of the Jungle
Image Image Image Image Image
-Icons & Avatar by Chibity-
SheWantsTheDragonD

Postby SheWantsTheDragonD » Tue Oct 13, 2015 10:52 pm

AlphaBlue wrote:*nod* Yep my friend was just telling me about this when I shared the story...though I believe the number is six. It's pretty crazy though that you can be jailed and/or registered as a sex offender if you're caught. Pretty obvious where the priorities of their lawmakers lie :/ But my god I think a few of us (me included) would probably get jailed for life for our collections XD there's probably a joke in there about lethal injection and cumtubes but I have no idea where the hell to start lol.

Also I just wanted to post this. After reading up on a bit more in depth I found this response during a case against the state which they were claiming it was unconstitutional to not be allowed the right to buy/sell and own safe sex toys for use privately or with another person. Kind of speaks for itself lol not much more needs said.

"The State of Texas argued that the state has the right to regulate morality: "The state also argued in a brief that Texas has legitimate “morality based” reasons for the laws, which include “discouraging prurient interests in autonomous sex and the pursuit of sexual gratification unrelated to procreation.”"

I was trying to look up that law too and see if it's still current or not. I'm a little confused by the information I'm getting, but that argument for policing private, safe sexual conduct makes me blind with rage.
~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~- :misc15: :misc13: :misc14: -~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Shadow_Twisted

Postby Shadow_Twisted » Tue Oct 13, 2015 11:19 pm

Gun control is one of the dumbest issues people go crazy over. Honestly, when you apply the logic behind why we don't need stricter gun control to other topics it's laughable.

"Look, it doesn't matter if we outlaw drugs, if people want to get high they will find a way."

I have yet to see a pro-gun argument that uses thoroughly sound logic. "The only thing that stops a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun." Ok, so if gun control measures get stricter we'd disarm law enforcement? It really is sad how often people overreact to the thought of gun control. It seems like pro-gun camps act like any measure of control = "They wanna take our guns!"

If you want to own a gun, then there should be regular exams to make sure you can fire it accurately and to test your judgement of when to fire and when to try other means. How often do we hear about accidental shootings? A lot more than we hear these stories of the good guy with a gun being in the right place at the right time.
Things are looking up.
ffirebbird

Postby ffirebbird » Wed Oct 14, 2015 1:09 am

Shardik wrote:Those of you with big collections should remember that Texas has a limit to the number of dildos you're allowed to own. More than four and you possess a sex device with intent to sell!

I thought the limit was 6 dildos, and that it got repealed.
21/MImageImage Special thanks to Chibity for the mini avatars
Kith

Postby Kith » Wed Oct 14, 2015 6:32 am

Shadow_Twisted wrote:"Look, it doesn't matter if we outlaw drugs, if people want to get high they will find a way."

While the second half of that statement is true, it doesn't necessarily prove the first half, so that true bit could really only logically be used as a counter to "this legislation will keep the [bad thing] out of criminal hands." No, criminals in general will get it anyhow; the legislation will just increase the risk to the criminal for acquisition and distribution, which may or may not put some out of business.

Shadow_Twisted wrote:If you want to own a gun, then there should be regular exams to make sure you can fire it accurately and to test your judgement of when to fire and when to try other means.

Plenty of pro-gun people would agree with this also.

As for the protest itself, I think it would be more effective for students and faculty to show their displeasure by leaving the schools there, or (if they can afford it) transferring to those private institutions that have gun-free zones. In addition, if I chose to participate I actually wouldn't bring a toy I cared about, in case either it got stolen or some unfortunate accident should happen to it. My good toys would stay home.
"I have often wondered since that day if I am the only veterinary surgeon to have used an artificial vagina as a defensive weapon" -- James Herriot, The Lord God Made Them All

Demisexual with BDSM kinks
Zinoger

Postby Zinoger » Thu Oct 15, 2015 7:10 am

Most people who do own guns are very responsible with them because we know what they are capable of. Just like everything its the 1% that have ruined it for the rest it isn't fair to judge a whole segment of the population who use guns responsibly by the actions of a few, you wouldn't blame every dog owners for those who use dog to fight each other (which is a sick practice) i would hope not. As for an "exam" might be nice in theory but doesn't really solve any problems they can still steal it from someone who legally have one this can include those in the police force.
:mystery:
Deored

Postby Deored » Fri Oct 16, 2015 8:09 pm

SheWantsTheDragonD wrote:
AlphaBlue wrote:*nod* Yep my friend was just telling me about this when I shared the story...though I believe the number is six. It's pretty crazy though that you can be jailed and/or registered as a sex offender if you're caught. Pretty obvious where the priorities of their lawmakers lie :/ But my god I think a few of us (me included) would probably get jailed for life for our collections XD there's probably a joke in there about lethal injection and cumtubes but I have no idea where the hell to start lol.

I was trying to look up that law too and see if it's still current or not. I'm a little confused by the information I'm getting, but that argument for policing private, safe sexual conduct makes me blind with rage.

It was six and it was struck down about 2008.

As for the protests, while I don't agree with the stance it would be funny to get out my Bruce for that. :nomnom: Double barrelled shotgun.
Kinky_Condesce

Postby Kinky_Condesce » Sun Oct 18, 2015 1:51 pm

SheWantsTheDragonD wrote:

I haven't seen that one, but seeing dildos misused as things other than sex toys is always a little funny to me.
j1oOb.jpg

*cringes* looking back at how destructive my parrot was, the very idea of him sinking his beak into my precious silicone like this actually gave me a little jump of anxiety.
God rest his hellish, birdy soul.
4Sale:Small/soft EE OrcaThread here!

Return to “General Discussion”