FedEx Invoicing (Uk/EU)

Discuss anything related to Bad Dragon here!
threarah

FedEx Invoicing (Uk/EU)

Postby threarah » Mon Nov 30, 2015 11:54 am

IF this wasn't all right to post someone let me know. I thought it would be helpful, and made sure to take all my own info/specific bill identifying info out, but obviously if it's still not okay to post someone yell at me and I'll take it down.

Since I just got my invoice for my survival kit through, I figured I'd post up an explanation of what I got invoice wise, since there was some questions about it all in another thread I cannot remember the name of now.

(Did I make a dick pattern just to block out my info? Yes. Yes I did. All my information has been taken out, but I left the FedEx bank details and such in since it's readily available on their FAQ. This invoice has been paid for the record, and the invoice number taken out. )

THIS INVOICE IS FOR: an order made on November 13th, that was shipped Mon 16th, and received Fri 20th. Invoice arrived Mon 30th.

Cost of this order: $60.00
Postage & packing: $33.25
Discounts: $0.00
Total: $93.25

There was no charge on the shipping. You can see in the second image the invoice total was 60.01 in USD and Item value was 60.01 USD.

INVOICE.jpg

Along with this you get what is essentially the customs form you should have gotten with your parcel, only there's a more in depth breakdown in horrible type writer font on the back of it:

INVOICE2.jpg

(Took some random things out of this because I don't really know what they mean, honestly, or if they're trackable/would get me in trouble :stick: )
Last edited by threarah on Mon Nov 30, 2015 1:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
threarah

Re: FedEx Invoicing (Uk/EU)

Postby threarah » Mon Nov 30, 2015 1:43 pm

phoros wrote:Looking good, nice to know what to expect when mine gets here.

When did the invoice arrive btw?

Today! Sorry, should have put that in there somewhere.
karla-chan

Postby karla-chan » Tue Dec 01, 2015 12:35 am

So do you only get the invoice if you have a customs form on your package when it arrives? I'm curious since sometimes I know it's possible not to get hit by customs.

Thanks for posting this, and if I get any information in the future. I will add to this thread as well.
threarah

Postby threarah » Tue Dec 01, 2015 4:02 am

karla-chan wrote:So do you only get the invoice if you have a customs form on your package when it arrives? I'm curious since sometimes I know it's possible not to get hit by customs.

Thanks for posting this, and if I get any information in the future. I will add to this thread as well.

There has to be a customs form on the package to get it into the country, so I don't think that makes any difference on the charging!

Sometimes in November/December because it's Christmas and they're so overwhelmed they skip charging customs, but it's never something you can guarantee and you're better off making sure you have the money!

(At least as far as my experience dictates.)
karla-chan

Postby karla-chan » Tue Dec 01, 2015 4:15 am

I see, all year round it is actually pot luck. Since in theory everything over £15 GBP you should pay for if it is not a gift. Just when I have been hit before I have had extra stickers with the customs charges on. That is what I thought you meant.

I am just really new to FedEx, and they work differently to what I'm used to. The information is super useful though.
Goliogon

Postby Goliogon » Tue Dec 01, 2015 5:06 am

I'm going for FedEx this time, so thanks for the info! Used UPS last time... never again. :doh:
֍Bad Dragon Addict ֍Aspiring Furry Artist ֍Avatar: TLA Fan ֍Happily Mated
Check out my reviews!: Flint (Mini 5 + Small 5)

Click to see toys owned/ wanted...
► Show Spoiler
karla-chan

Postby karla-chan » Tue Dec 01, 2015 10:53 am

Goliogon wrote:I'm going for FedEx this time, so thanks for the info! Used UPS last time... never again. :doh:

That is how I feel actually, I really was not impressed with UPS at all. From what I have heard of FedEx then they seem so much better and I am glad there is more than one option on this site.
Duckie

Postby Duckie » Tue Dec 01, 2015 2:17 pm

I have had good experiences with fedex because they have reasonable fees for doing the cusoms tax work, this time I ordered with UPS so I'm curious if they'll gauge me so that in the end I won't save on using them despite the lower shipping rate. If they do try to gauge I'll never use them again, but they might be fine.
griffin-morgenstern

Postby griffin-morgenstern » Wed Dec 02, 2015 2:48 am

Funny how it depends on the country, I actually had a better experience and fewer administrative fees when ordering by UPS, also they did call me to warn me about the fees, unlike Fedex who just surprised me and were really unhelpful. :unamused:
I did get away with Fedex fees when I ordered in last years' Black Friday (yey), but I sense that in UPS that wouldn’t happen because they have an automatic system, even when I paid for the customs upon receiving the package, they sent me an invoice letter weeks later. When I contacted them saying "I have already paid this!" they told "oh ignore, it's an automatic letter, we have confirmed your payment".
BerksDan

Postby BerksDan » Wed Dec 02, 2015 5:09 am

Goliogon wrote:I'm going for FedEx this time, so thanks for the info! Used UPS last time... never again. :doh:

My Large Gryphon arrived just 15 minutes ago via UPS. I was expecting to have to pay £31.53 (I called them yesterday so I'd have the cash ready) when they arrived at the door, but they said that no money was due and left with nothing more than a signature. I'm hoping they don't realise their error and chase up ...
Current Toys:
► Show Spoiler
Wish List:
► Show Spoiler
Basvanderwerff
Banhammered

Postby Basvanderwerff » Wed Dec 02, 2015 5:21 am

griffin-morgenstern wrote:Funny how it depends on the country, I actually had a better experience and fewer administrative fees when ordering by UPS, also they did call me to warn me about the fees, unlike Fedex who just surprised me and were really unhelpful. :unamused:
I did get away with Fedex fees when I ordered in last years' Black Friday (yey), but I sense that in UPS that wouldn’t happen because they have an automatic system, even when I paid for the customs upon receiving the package, they sent me an invoice letter weeks later. When I contacted them saying "I have already paid this!" they told "oh ignore, it's an automatic letter, we have confirmed your payment".

that so wierd UPSs makes me pay at the door unanouced fedex is the one sending me a bill later over here :mystery:
Click to see my toys
My art doodles http://bas-art-stuff.tumblr.com/
Worlds worst strait male
karla-chan

Postby karla-chan » Thu Dec 03, 2015 5:41 am

I actually got my FedEx invoice for the order I made before Black Friday today. Even though I had to ring a premium rate number to pay it (or you can send a check, but I find credit card easier) I still much prefer it to UPS. Since I really, really did not like being asked for money at the door. So I feel an invoice to pay is a much better option.

Although the system as automated and I was only on the phone for about 2 1/2 minuets. So that is not too bad, I wasn't on hold for ages or anything like that. So I think I will be choosing FedEx over UPS actually.
blackstallion

Postby blackstallion » Thu Dec 03, 2015 7:00 am

is ups ripping me off here .

I just received my order . black Friday bumble hooves large . total cost with shipping .159.34.dollars
UPS at the door hitting with an invoice charge 32.05 pounds .

on reading over the invoice i see it saying no import VAT. NON TAXABLE
but their an insurance charge of 21.05 and total charges of 11.00 making a total charge with VAT of 32.05in pounds .

this just sames odd to me as i payed shipping with bad dragon .
this insurance cost is a hidden charge .

can anyone help bring light on this for me .
thanks for reading
regards .Blackstallion
karla-chan

Postby karla-chan » Thu Dec 03, 2015 7:05 am

blackstallion wrote:is ups ripping me off here .

I just received my order . black Friday bumble hooves large . total cost with shipping .159.34.dollars
UPS at the door hitting with an invoice charge 32.05 pounds .

on reading over the invoice i see it saying no import VAT. NON TAXABLE
but their an insurance charge of 21.05 and total charges of 11.00 making a total charge with VAT of 32.05in pounds .

this just sames odd to me as i payed shipping with bad dragon .
this insurance cost is a hidden charge .

can anyone help bring light on this for me .
thanks for reading
regards .Blackstallion

Every company sadly has a charge which they say is the fee of dealing with the paper work at customs. So they say it is a handling fee. However that normally is the case when you are subject to important taxes. Do you have any paper work that can be posted in the thread so people can see?

Just blur out the details like your address etc. like in the first post.
blackstallion

Postby blackstallion » Thu Dec 03, 2015 7:59 am

20151203_145327.jpg
threarah

Postby threarah » Thu Dec 03, 2015 8:09 am

blackstallion wrote: :words:

From that it looks like the 21.05 was the cost/customs, and the 11 was the handling fee. The customs might not be classed as VAT, is all. At least that's what it looks like to me? Never seen a UPS invoice form before, though.

EDIT: Looked it up, and yes. VAT is separate from the duties fees. Duties fees in the UK at least are classed as:

"Customs Duty
You’ll be charged Customs Duty on gifts and other goods sent from outside the EU if they’re above a certain value, unless the duty comes to less than £9."
Last edited by threarah on Thu Dec 03, 2015 8:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
blackstallion

Postby blackstallion » Thu Dec 03, 2015 8:11 am

This charge is very off putting for buying .bad dragon toys our great but this pushes the cost to high.

This hidden cost i hope helps other uk buyers .
I do feel like UPS has ripped me off with this charge.

iv checked the vat and tax and custom charges . if is under 135pounds their is no charges .
threarah

Postby threarah » Thu Dec 03, 2015 8:12 am

blackstallion wrote:This charge is very off putting for buying .bad dragon toys our great but this pushes the cost to high.

iv checked the vat and tax and custom charges . if is under 135pounds their is no charges .

I don't think the under £135 rules is true, honestly. I've been charged customs on things costing £40-120 with no discrimination.

It's also not a hidden cost. BD says that customs fees are not their responsibility, and that the shippers pay the customs in advance, sending you an invoice for their time and the cost of things paid later. So that's handling fees, and any Duties or VAT that need to be charged. It's not hidden, just very, very annoying. And I will admit that UPS seem to charge much more than FedEx.
Azhrarn
Banhammered

Postby Azhrarn » Thu Dec 03, 2015 10:08 am

Keep in mind that the £135 limit may well be on the application of Import Taxes, not the VAT surcharge.

For the Netherlands the limit for no VAT charge is €22.
Between €22 and €150 you pay VAT, but no Import Tax.
Above €150 you pay both VAT and Import Tax (which on silicon toys is 6.5% of the declared value).

For the 2 toys I just received, I expect to pay both VAT and Import Tax, as the value was $305 dollars (not counting shipping).
Currently owned:
Anthro Mare (Dark Creamy Mocha)
Medium Tentacle, Firmness 5 (Flaming Orange)
Medium Bruiser the Fusion (Rogue)
Medium Nocturne the Enderfang (HotZone)
Large Winston's Tail (Amethyst)
Large Chance the Stallion Unflared (Citrine)
karla-chan

Postby karla-chan » Thu Dec 03, 2015 10:39 am

blackstallion wrote:This charge is very off putting for buying .bad dragon toys our great but this pushes the cost to high.

Sadly they have not actually ripped you off, that is actually right. In theory we have to pay customs charges on everything that cost more then £15 GBP sterling that isn't marked as a gift on things that come outside the EU. With gifts it is everything over £36 GBP sterling. I can see why it would be off putting to the cost, but sadly it is actually UK law when importing. Just since the EU is an open market we are not subject to import duties on those things.

On your paper it actually looks more like it should be on the duties line too. So everything there is actually legit. It is not just UPS that do this, all the companies do this. I don't get the additional charges from each company, that really annoys me, but if they are all doing it there is not actually that much you can do. All the charges are roughly the same as well.

So I am not sure about the £135 GBP, can you link where you found that please?

Return to “General Discussion”