How important is color to you in a toy?

Discuss anything related to Bad Dragon here!
CutieCollie

How important is color to you in a toy?

Postby CutieCollie » Wed Dec 02, 2015 12:56 pm

How important is color scheme, to you, in a toy? Do you prefer natural color schemes for some added realism or do you prefer vibrant color schemes for the prettiness factor? Do you generally not buy a toy unless it's in an appealing color or do you not care what it looks like so long as it feels good when you use it?

I've been thinking about this a lot lately and I'd love to hear how different people feel about it! c:
► Show Spoiler
Vitani

Re: How important is color to you in a toy?

Postby Vitani » Wed Dec 02, 2015 12:56 pm

Extremely important.
andydandy

Postby andydandy » Wed Dec 02, 2015 12:57 pm

doesnt mather..
Rainbow Dasher

Postby Rainbow Dasher » Wed Dec 02, 2015 1:00 pm

It depends on the toy. If the toy is being based on a specific character, then yes; colour is very important and means a great deal to me.

If it's just a toy that doesn't belong on anything/anyone specific... It doesn't matter as much, but it still matters a little. I cannot stand solid black toys, or fleshy pink toys, for instance, and solid colours tend to just bore me.
Pansexual|Married|Writer|Artist|Foodie|Pegasister|Spiritual|Crafter|Blogger|Adrenaline Junkie|Furry| Owns a lot of fucking dicks.
CutieCollie

Postby CutieCollie » Wed Dec 02, 2015 1:04 pm

Rainbow Dasher wrote:solid colours tend to just bore me.

Definitely agreed, I don't think I'd ever buy a solid colored toy. At the very least I'd want the base to be a different color.

Personally, I really love looking at toys with unique and creative color schemes (I have a "Pretty Dicks" folder bookmarked with all of my favorites) but when it comes to buying toys myself I usually prefer fairly realistic-looking colorations as I enjoy being able to fantasize about it being real when the mood hits me. I know that the majority of the creatures BD models their toys after aren't real so they could absolutely have neon-colored dicks, in theory, but I've still found that un-natural/non-fleshy colors tend to take me out of the fantasy a bit.
► Show Spoiler
Basvanderwerff
Banhammered

Postby Basvanderwerff » Wed Dec 02, 2015 1:48 pm

Very important.
Click to see my toys
My art doodles http://bas-art-stuff.tumblr.com/
Worlds worst strait male
GreenLeopard87

Postby GreenLeopard87 » Wed Dec 02, 2015 1:52 pm

Super important. The color has to match the model, too. Like I could never have a rainbow coloration on a toy that is masculine in my mind. And vice versa.

Like I just ordered an Opal Elden. But I could never see Opal on a Stan. Or a guardian. I also ordered a turquoise and gold Vasu because I associate the model with royalty and it would've been more fitting than a pink and yellow marble or something.
CutieCollie

Postby CutieCollie » Wed Dec 02, 2015 1:54 pm

HungryStray wrote:and eventually maybe a small Stan inspired by Bowser....

This made me laugh a little because my partner, knowing that I have a bit of the hots for Bowser, made a comment recently about how Crackers would work well for Bowser's dick. It's not something I'd considered before but dang it if I'm not tempted, now... :P
► Show Spoiler
KatieCD

Postby KatieCD » Wed Dec 02, 2015 1:54 pm

Initially I didn't care at all, but it is a factor nowadays. When the Pride colors came out I knew that I had to have an XL Chance in it so I sold my old XL just to have the most outrageous dildo possible.
threarah

Postby threarah » Wed Dec 02, 2015 2:01 pm

Colour is massively important for me. I want what I'm using and buying to be pretty! A friend of mine got confused and was like 'well you won't see it where you're putting it', but I pointed out she'll spend a ton on really pretty bras she's not going to see when it's fulfilling its purpose. I get attached to my dongs. They end up with personalities and characters attached to them in my head. They're not just naughty things I shove in a box, then get out to put straight in orifices (if you'll excuse the bluntness).

That said, when picking them out, so long as it's pretty I don't care on the colour scheme exactly. Though if I want a dong for an already created character it's got to be more 'natural' looking, so it could almost just go onto the creature itself. (One day, Nidoking themed Stan....One day.)

HungryStray wrote:Edit: I refuse to believe that any of the regulars here don't have Pretty Dick folders. I myself have a folder, literally named "Pretty Dicks".

:nerdy: Also guilty of this. Tho mine is named Actual Penises.
mynickname

Postby mynickname » Wed Dec 02, 2015 2:02 pm

Solid, multicolored toys don't look good to me. Anything else doesn't matter.
thesharkwhisperer

Postby thesharkwhisperer » Wed Dec 02, 2015 2:09 pm

Super important and also depends on what I have in mind for. Multiples toys I have have natural colors because I like realism in my toys. On others occasions, the colors on a toy where so pretty and vibrant I bought it even though I wasn't interested in the model before. I had an amazing surprise with a large Kelvin like that and now it's one of my favorite toys.

The latest example I got recently is that my friend made me realize Roland in Tunnel Snake would be a perfect color for a character I adore. So I waited to find one in that color. It's one of those cases where the color is the main reason I want the toy, because even though I was interested in the model anyway, I wouldn't have been that eager to get one asap if it wasn't for the color.
History nerd - Dino lover - Pokémon - HUBBADUH
silvring

Postby silvring » Wed Dec 02, 2015 2:30 pm

It seems dumb, but very. To the point that I was thinking of buying a second Nox because I liked the color much more and was considering another toy I wasn't interested in simply because the colors were appealing.

I don't even attach them to characters, fantasize about them or anything.

Except maybe that one Nespresso machine that haunts my dreams.
Arumaeruma

Postby Arumaeruma » Wed Dec 02, 2015 2:50 pm

Very important to me. If I'm going to be spending 100+ on a toy I want to get something that is in appealing colors. I know color doesn't change how it feels but I find them more appealing if they look nice.
Lewd Luxury

Postby Lewd Luxury » Wed Dec 02, 2015 2:53 pm

Extremely important.

For me a dildo should be a piece of artwork WITH function.
Gay/Transgender/ENTP/Taken/Weeaboo/Eccentric

Toy Blog: http://lewdluxury.tumblr.com/
Drazard

Postby Drazard » Wed Dec 02, 2015 2:55 pm

Eh, can be very important, can be only vaguely important. I don't have the disposable income to sink into custom work most of the time because the base price of a toy plus shipping and customs do me in a bit (plus, I don't like waiting), so all my BD toys so far have been adoptions. I'd rather get a fancy coloured toy than a single coloured one for my money, especially as adoptables are mostly base price anyway. Split colours are my fave, so I try to nab them when they pop up with the specifications I want. Colour's important enough that I wouldn't buy a muddy looking Frankenpour, or toys that were a colour I disliked.

As it goes, the remaining BD toys on my wishlist are all ones I want based on specific monster characters (Otachi for Trent, Gore Magala for Nox), so I won't be getting them until I can afford the split-fade customs I want for them. :c Likewise, my EE wishlist models are all gonna need some serious dollar spent for fancy custom work, and I partially only grabbed a medium FB Hyaenodon on Black Friday so that I could get a Guided Mystery colour based on Godzilla (I had considered Kaiju Blue, but wanted to see what they'd do with free range).
Basvanderwerff
Banhammered

Postby Basvanderwerff » Wed Dec 02, 2015 2:56 pm

HungryStray wrote:Edit: I refuse to believe that any of the regulars here don't have Pretty Dick folders. I myself have a folder, literally named "Pretty Dicks".[

Guilty although mine is just called BD it also has a sub folder with photos of my toys dont want to accidently share the wrong photos so those are kept away from my 'clean' photos :P
Click to see my toys
Worlds worst strait male
Cas

Postby Cas » Wed Dec 02, 2015 3:01 pm

Got to say, pretty important!
I have bought multiple dildos from BD that I had no interest in what so ever, but bought them only because they were in an amazing colour! Then I find out the models shape is also amazing and I was wrong for doubting its ability to please.
Basvanderwerff
Banhammered

Postby Basvanderwerff » Wed Dec 02, 2015 3:06 pm

Cas wrote:Got to say, pretty important!
I have bought multiple dildos from BD that I had no interest in what so ever, but bought them only because they were in an amazing colour! Then I find out the models shape is also amazing and I was wrong for doubting its ability to please.

Very true a dull color can really make a toy look uninteresting and prevent you from taking a better look.
I never had much interest in sleipnir (the pic in the store list is a dull grey and really doesnt show of its lovely flare) but damn once i saw an opal in adoption (wich really brought out its textures and flare) i took a better look and jumped right on it and now it one of my favo BD toys.
Click to see my toys
Worlds worst strait male
Vallus

Postby Vallus » Wed Dec 02, 2015 3:12 pm

Reasonably so, I'd say.

I'm not too picky about colours usually, I don't need anything incredibly fancy, and prioritize finding a model in the size and firmness I'm after, preferably with a suction cup if applicable.

What I really look for is just something that I'm able to associate with a character(either pre-existing or imagined by myself). For that reason I tend to stray away from most marbles and frankenpours. I just want a dick that looks like, well, a dick of some sort.

Not to say that I don't appreciate the complex and abstract ones too. They're really nice as well :misc1: :blush:
Image Check out my weekly toy design thread The Vallus Creation Compilation.
This week's creation - The Two in One Cock-Tail Special

Return to “General Discussion”