How important is color to you in a toy?

Discuss anything related to Bad Dragon here!
sapphire

Re: How important is color to you in a toy?

Postby sapphire » Wed Dec 02, 2015 3:17 pm

Fairly important to me. It adds to fantasy and the appeal. I don't like humans dildos and I like it even less when the fleshy tones are on a BD toy. blech :unamused: and solid colors feel so boring and make me sad to look at it. Sometimes it's nice to just admire the pretty colors and it's sometimes satisfying to blankly stare at after useage :smilenox:
Willow

Postby Willow » Wed Dec 02, 2015 3:20 pm

It's important to me now. When I first got BD toys I wasn't too concerned. I got a solid black Mary. And also had a bunch of frakenpours. I'm actually not too thrilled with a frekenpours anymore, I want a nice looking toy. So lately I've been careful about what I pick... and usually means getting custom. There are a couple toys that are exclusive colors (like Snowballs natural, Hazel's Night Prowl) that I've picked. I liked the custom colors for Winstons tail, but I picked my own set of colors for him.
I like my toys pretty to look at as they are hot to fuck.
You can sleep with ablonde,you can sleep withbrunettebut you'll never get any sleep with aredhead.
A wolf in the streets... a fox in the sheets.
Elli

Postby Elli » Wed Dec 02, 2015 3:22 pm

At these prices and when I do have the option of getting different colours it's very important to me. Why'd I get one in a colour I don't like? :psyduck:

I don't want any colour scheme that adds realism as that's sort of the opposite of what I'm going for when it comes to sex toys. Idk. I just want something that, when I buy it, I find attractive?
Knottery

Postby Knottery » Wed Dec 02, 2015 3:37 pm

It's super important to me. Not to the point where I buy things just for colors, I have to like the model and not be a duplicate, but I'm not even remotely tempted by 40% off solid black toys at this point.

I think it just makes it feel more unique and special which kind of makes it more worth the price tag in my eye.
AmethystSnake

Postby AmethystSnake » Wed Dec 02, 2015 4:13 pm

I must say it's extremely important! I do not buy a toy that I don't find visually appealing, even though it would be right size/firmness.

With realistic looking toys like Rex and Chance I have wanted to go with the most realistic looking colors (good boy on Rex and onyx black or natural on Unflared Chance). With more fantasy like toys I have very different color variations on my mind, some of them are more natural and some are more fantasy like. The main thing is that I'm quite strict with them. There have been only few toys in the Adoptions that have made me say "Well, if I had money right now I would buy that even though that's not the color I originally thought".
Female / 21 / Bisexual (prefer men) / In relationship with Edward Bluefox / Has 12 fantasy toys! / Artist, writer, gamer / Spiritual person

shootertron

Postby shootertron » Wed Dec 02, 2015 4:17 pm

I don't buy solid color toys or flesh tones.

Pretty colors make toys easier to resell if the need arises, and I don't like paying the same price for a premade if I could have gotten it in a better color.
Juneberry

Postby Juneberry » Wed Dec 02, 2015 5:04 pm

I'd say it's moderately important to me. I love fancy, pretty toys, but as long as a toy isn't straight-up UGLY, I'm happy :smilenox:
Though I do wish I'd gotten my tentacle, Flint, and Fenrir in something other than a solid stock colour. But those were from when I was first trying out bad dragon, so I didn't want to spend a lot on fancy colourings at the time.
Amaranthe

Postby Amaranthe » Wed Dec 02, 2015 5:37 pm

I'd say it's pretty important to me, although I seem to have a wide variety of colors I like!
Some colors I avoid for the "ick" factor, such as most plain black toys, and nearly all flesh-toned ones.
I think as long as the color looks good on the model to me, I'm fine. I prefer no solid colors, but some models pull it off okay. I'm a sucker for metallics and glitters, and semi-translucent colors.
Although I don't attribute my toys to any characters or creatures or anything like that, I still have specific themes associated with some models (scorn has to have some red and metallics or deep green with gold shimmer, Pretzal has to be turquoise, Elden has to be light green with glitter). I would still pull a pretty one from the adoptions if they didn't match my color specs, though.
I just love pretty dongs!! :widesmile:
DragonDestroyer

Postby DragonDestroyer » Wed Dec 02, 2015 6:02 pm

Extremely important. We couldn't pull the trigger on any of the Black Friday deals because we already have one black toy and aren't interested in another.

Initially we tried to find the best deals on natural or toy exclusive colors, but we've found that our cool looking flops and frankenpours are way more unique and interesting.

Once we find a model we are interested in, we wait for really cool looking drops to get them. Color reigns supreme!
AltheaThune

Postby AltheaThune » Wed Dec 02, 2015 7:32 pm

I'm a fool for pretty toys, especially with metallic/glitter effects. I have a few solid color toys that I bought in the beginning from adoptions because I wanted something to play with while waiting for my custom order, but I plan eventually to replace those with pretty fades and marbles and whatnot and sell off the plain ones. I dream of one day getting one of those ribboned rainbow toys, but I won't buy a toy I can't use just because it's pretty (e.g. the large Rex that was taunting me all last weekend).
FOR SALE: Mountain Drake (OS/5), Legacy Naga (S/8), Sleipnir (S/5), Sleipnir (Mini/3), Trent (M/5), Tyson (S/5). Additional info in my profile. PM me for details.
Hoofs_N_Horns

Postby Hoofs_N_Horns » Wed Dec 02, 2015 7:41 pm

Sometimes I only want a toy in a particular color, I waited months for a Janine in Grimm Spindle to come along. Now I am waiting for the perfect Nocturne in Hot Zone.

More often I find an inventory toy in an amazing unique color and that convinces me to take the plunge and buy it :smile:

Solid colors don't bother me, I have a pretty light blue tongue and Lily looks nice in natural. But my eye is drawn more toward bright colors, marbles, swirls, metallics, rainbows, sparkles, glow and so on.
Penetrables comparison: here
CutieCollie

Postby CutieCollie » Wed Dec 02, 2015 7:42 pm

AltheaThune wrote:...but I won't buy a toy I can't use just because it's pretty (e.g. the large Rex that was taunting me all last weekend).

Oh boy do I know that feeling! I don't usually go for solid-colored toys but this Rex in the adoptions was tempting me for a while because I couldn't stop giggling over the idea of having a glittery, purple dick. :P

I refuse to let myself buy it, though, because I already have one canine toy and I don't really want to spend money on another one until I've bought some of the higher-priority dicks on my wishlist. Still, though, it sure is pretty to look at!
► Show Spoiler
Dusksong

Postby Dusksong » Wed Dec 02, 2015 8:04 pm

Yeah, it's definitely important, especially when I want the toy to represent a particular character. Though I'm willing to be flexible a bit, I've only got one custom colored toy, the rest are adoptions.
Image Be true, be brave, stand. All the rest is darkness. - Stephen King
* Toys for sale & Wanted in my profile! *
Aether

Postby Aether » Wed Dec 02, 2015 8:06 pm

Color is pretty important to me, but somewhat secondary to price. Except when I have a specific character in mind. Anytime I'm certain about a purchase, I want the colors to be just so.

Assuming two adoption dicks have identical specs and price, I'll always pick the prettier one. I'll still choose the prettier one as long as its price isn't significantly higher than the other (5-10$). But when the uglier of the two is vastly cheaper, I'll sometimes go for it if it's a model I'm unsure about. This is why I got small Sleipnir and Scorn from the BF sale. If I end up adoring either of them, I'll sell them and replace them with prettier, suction-cupped versions. But there's no way I'd take the risk otherwise. Even in small, those two are pricey and my ideal colors would make them even worse.

Also, as someone else mentioned, nicer colors = better resale value. That way, both people who DO care about color and people who don't will have (hopefully) roughly equal interest in whatever I'm selling. :scheming:
DraconianWolfess

Postby DraconianWolfess » Wed Dec 02, 2015 9:44 pm

Quite important. One of the big things that separates Bad Dragon toys from other big companies is the large array of color options. I know it has no effect on the toys' use, but I love colorful things.
Jasmine

Postby Jasmine » Wed Dec 02, 2015 10:03 pm

Honestly doesn't matter for the most part, but attractive colors are attractive.

The only toy I currently regret the coloring on is a small tongue. As a whole it's a lovely piece, but the green tongue is too distracting and unrealistic for me :| If I get another one, the tongue bit will definitely be more on the pink side of things.

Otherwise I have a couple of "ugly" toys (by some people's standards), but I got them for a good price. My vagina certainly doesn't care what color goes in it :stick:

I don't tend to fantasize or make characters for my toys, so it doesn't bother me if things aren't perfect.
ImageImage
Wolfos Freyir

Postby Wolfos Freyir » Wed Dec 02, 2015 10:49 pm

I don't mind single colours as long as they're interesting. patterns, splits and fades are easy favourites but right now i really want something pearly or metallic, i like surprise colours because i get to make fantasy characters out of them
it becomes a part of the magic! and magic becomes part of explaining why his wang is fluorescent green :stick:
no where to hide
no plan to run
so close the door
let's have some fun
Shadow hound

Postby Shadow hound » Thu Dec 03, 2015 12:15 am

Color is pretty important to me. I wouldn't buy a solid color toy, there has to me at least SOMETHING going on with it, but I've been seeing those semi-translucent toys with very visible glitter on them, I might consider one of those colors totally or a metallic color that's swirling, but just like solid..solid, naah, unless it was like roughly 50% cheaper I might consider then, it's still like +30dollars shipping and +24% taxes. Might as well get something I like youknow?

I bought Bruiser when I was horny(waiting for my first purchase which was a custom Elden xD) and I just wanted a toy quick so it was a ready made and pretty cheap too and I always regret the colors, always xD I also seem to really often look at my custom toys that I have decided the colors for myself, I like their look the most.

For some reason I've found color more important than suction cups(I'm stupid), which are super important to me. If it's an ugly color or a solid color with a suction cup, I might not go for it but get a prettier colored one without a suction cup instead. Then I'm sad because it doesn't have a suction cup xD (then I carve it myself...and they never hold as well) Most of my toys aren't like colored like my dreams and wishes, but they're been almost there and been an acceptable color for a fair price :) Like my purple tops this Trent that was a flop. Very fun color. Don't see highlights often.

Jasmine wrote:Honestly doesn't matter for the most part, but attractive colors are attractive.

The only toy I currently regret the coloring on is a small tongue. As a whole it's a lovely piece, but the green tongue is too distracting and unrealistic for me :| If I get another one, the tongue bit will definitely be more on the pink side of things.

I love that green tongue :D It makes me think of a venomous dragon.
My Toys:
► Show Spoiler
Basvanderwerff
Banhammered

Postby Basvanderwerff » Thu Dec 03, 2015 2:18 am

CutieCollie wrote: :words:

That looks like the twin of mine that been there for 2 months now orso.
Click to see my toys
My art doodles http://bas-art-stuff.tumblr.com/
Worlds worst strait male
Dracon Ra

Postby Dracon Ra » Thu Dec 03, 2015 10:55 am

It's a big part of the fun!
I rarely have a character in mind, so I just go with how pretty it looks.
Those fantasy dongs are pieces of art. :misc2: :smile:

Return to “General Discussion”