Mystery of the Missing Meng

Discuss anything related to Bad Dragon here!
karla-chan

Re: Mystery of the Missing Meng

Postby karla-chan » Wed Dec 30, 2015 12:00 pm

Niah wrote:
karla-chan wrote:I think we need to seriously stop being salty in this thread. I think if people want to complain about their own experiences, I really think they should open a thread about it. Rather then souring the positive experiences of someone else.

The reason why I am really annoyed by this, is because I feel that you can't praise BD any where without people jumping on you. I remember having issue with this on Tumblr when I feel that BD was really great a fixing one of my issues. I was outright attacked and trolled actually...

I am not saying people don't have a right to complain, BUT there should be tact. People who are just customers have no control of when we get our toys, or even how BD deal with our issues. I am so happy this story got a happy ending, because when I was following this I was genuinely upset for the person this happened to. I am so happy that BD did decide to give this story a happy ending. So why do people feel the need to sour it, and be salty on this particular thread?

If you think BD is having an issue with poor waiting times for re-pours and mistakes. Then a thread would be much better any way because then other people can add to this. Then people can get a much better idea how bad this problem is. Since people can add their own experiences. So not only do I feel it would be better then trying to make someone else feel guilty, but I feel it would actually have more of an effect in trying to actually get the issues fixed.

Seconded. I've had my issues, but they've been minor. I'm just sick of seeing people repeatedly bleat their complaints all over the place. It'd certainly be better to keep it all confined to one thread. This way it's all in one easy-to-find place, and those who want to avoid reading about it won't be bombarded right and left by it all. And as many have said, most BD employees aren't actually on the forum anyway; only a few are and it does no good to just complain on here. If ticketing hasn't solved the problem, then they should try a more direct means of contact or something.

That is what I am trying to get at actually. I am not trying to silence people. I just think there is a better approach to what is happening.
Niah

Postby Niah » Wed Dec 30, 2015 12:02 pm

karla-chan wrote:
Niah wrote:
karla-chan wrote:I think we need to seriously stop being salty in this thread. I think if people want to complain about their own experiences, I really think they should open a thread about it. Rather then souring the positive experiences of someone else.

The reason why I am really annoyed by this, is because I feel that you can't praise BD any where without people jumping on you. I remember having issue with this on Tumblr when I feel that BD was really great a fixing one of my issues. I was outright attacked and trolled actually...

I am not saying people don't have a right to complain, BUT there should be tact. People who are just customers have no control of when we get our toys, or even how BD deal with our issues. I am so happy this story got a happy ending, because when I was following this I was genuinely upset for the person this happened to. I am so happy that BD did decide to give this story a happy ending. So why do people feel the need to sour it, and be salty on this particular thread?

If you think BD is having an issue with poor waiting times for re-pours and mistakes. Then a thread would be much better any way because then other people can add to this. Then people can get a much better idea how bad this problem is. Since people can add their own experiences. So not only do I feel it would be better then trying to make someone else feel guilty, but I feel it would actually have more of an effect in trying to actually get the issues fixed.

Seconded. I've had my issues, but they've been minor. I'm just sick of seeing people repeatedly bleat their complaints all over the place. It'd certainly be better to keep it all confined to one thread. This way it's all in one easy-to-find place, and those who want to avoid reading about it won't be bombarded right and left by it all. And as many have said, most BD employees aren't actually on the forum anyway; only a few are and it does no good to just complain on here. If ticketing hasn't solved the problem, then they should try a more direct means of contact or something.

That is what I am trying to get at actually. I am not trying to silence people. I just think there is a better approach to what is happening.

Precisely. I didn't respond to the reply you just did above, but yeah, there's a time and a place, and spouting it all over the place isn't the way to do it. I also think that if people keep beating it to death they're going to get this thread locked and/or themselves banned.
31/Asexual/Genderfluid (biologically female).

See my profile for a list of the toys I own. Please do not solicit me about selling any of my toys.
karla-chan

Postby karla-chan » Wed Dec 30, 2015 12:06 pm

Niah wrote:
Precisely. I didn't respond to the reply you just did above, but yeah, there's a time and a place, and spouting it all over the place isn't the way to do it. I also think that if people keep beating it to death they're going to get this thread locked and/or themselves banned.

I fully agree, where as a separate thread made for the discussion people can keep going with their experiences for a collection of people's personal experiences. It would be more useful for other people to find as well, since it will all be in one place. I just feel that approach would be far more effective for many reasons.
Niah

Postby Niah » Wed Dec 30, 2015 12:08 pm

karla-chan wrote:
Niah wrote:

I fully agree, where as a separate thread made for the discussion people can keep going with their experiences for a collection of people's personal experiences. It would be more useful for other people to find as well, since it will all be in one place. I just feel that approach would be far more effective for many reasons.

For sure.
31/Asexual/Genderfluid (biologically female).

See my profile for a list of the toys I own. Please do not solicit me about selling any of my toys.
Dracon Ra

Postby Dracon Ra » Wed Dec 30, 2015 12:10 pm

To all the haters, this:

HungryStray wrote: I don't know what your intention was with your original comment in here, but if you were looking to kill some of them good vibes, pat yourself on the back, you've managed to make me feel guilty about getting my replacement before it was my turn, more than once.

Coming here, you don't hurt BD, you only hurt poor Stray, who did nothing wrong.

And especially, looking at the current promotion. It was just luck and good timing, that the missing Meng looked a lot like the Aurora Marbles they were probably already preparing for the raffle. So why not just throw a Meng in, while they're already doing those? There was no ill atempt, no favorism, just luck.
karla-chan

Postby karla-chan » Wed Dec 30, 2015 12:16 pm

Dracon Ra wrote:To all the haters, this:

HungryStray wrote: I don't know what your intention was with your original comment in here, but if you were looking to kill some of them good vibes, pat yourself on the back, you've managed to make me feel guilty about getting my replacement before it was my turn, more than once.

Coming here, you don't hurt BD, you only hurt poor Stray, who did nothing wrong.

And especially, looking at the current promotion. It was just luck and good timing, that the missing Meng looked a lot like the Aurora Marbles they were probably already preparing for the raffle. So why not just throw a Meng in, while they're already doing those? There was no ill atempt, no favorism, just luck.

I agree, because pouring an extra one and mixing a little more of the colours to be able to make it is not that much harder. It is also more cost effective. I think that is very likely why it was so fast.

I think it is the same reason why a lot of people got the Turquoise early than they thought, since it is likely the did a large batch at once to save on time and money. Nothing personal.
Dracon Ra

Postby Dracon Ra » Wed Dec 30, 2015 12:34 pm

karla-chan wrote:
Dracon Ra wrote:To all the haters, this:

I agree, because pouring an extra one and mixing a little more of the colours to be able to make it is not that much harder. It is also more cost effective. I think that is very likely why it was so fast.

I think it is the same reason why a lot of people got the Turquoise early than they thought, since it is likely the did a large batch at once to save on time and money. Nothing personal.

Yes, thinking a bit more about it, Strays Meng propably was a test pour for the Aurora Marble. BD is a business, they plan ahead, there is a high chance the Aurora toys were already sitting on a self, and it was only a matter of:
"Boss, remember the Aurora-Test Meng from the adoptions? It got stolen on the way to the customer. Could we sent here the final product? Pretty please?"
karla-chan

Postby karla-chan » Wed Dec 30, 2015 12:43 pm

Dracon Ra wrote:Yes, thinking a bit more about it, Strays Meng propably was a test pour for the Aurora Marble. BD is a business, they plan ahead, there is a high chance the Aurora toys were already sitting on a self, and it was only a matter of:
"Boss, remember the Aurora-Test Meng from the adoptions? It got stolen on the way to the customer. Could we sent here the final product? Pretty please?"

That would make a lot of sense actually, or they were ready to pour the finals and just decided to do one extra Ming. Since they do look so much like the Aurora Marble. If they were ready to make the others for the contest, then it is very little extra to make one extra Ming.

Still I think it was nice of them to do so, however I think this is why they could have done it so fast. But test pours have been seen in the adoptions before. Since I have seen people post pictures from the adoptions to speculate about what mix the birthstone events where going to look like.
AltheaThune

Postby AltheaThune » Wed Dec 30, 2015 12:51 pm

Too much to try to quote, but I agree totally with what Karla-chan has been saying. It's not cool to pee in someone else's Cheerios and suck the joy out of their positive experience, when she has nothing to do with BD's decisions.

HungryStray, please, please don't feel bad or guilty about BD replacing your Meng so quickly! It's not your fault they've been slow to fix other people's problems. Like many, I got emotionally invested in your story and was thrilled that it had such a happy ending.
FOR SALE: Mountain Drake (OS/5), Legacy Naga (S/8), Sleipnir (S/5), Sleipnir (Mini/3), Trent (M/5), Tyson (S/5). Additional info in my profile. PM me for details.
karla-chan

Postby karla-chan » Wed Dec 30, 2015 12:55 pm

AltheaThune wrote:Too much to try to quote, but I agree totally with what Karla-chan has been saying. It's not cool to pee in someone else's Cheerios and suck the joy out of their positive experience, when she has nothing to do with BD's decisions.

HungryStray, please, please don't feel bad or guilty about BD replacing your Meng so quickly! It's not your fault they've been slow to fix other people's problems. Like many, I got emotionally invested in your story and was thrilled that it had such a happy ending.

I got emotionally invested too, since it was such a nightmare at the beginning and such a complex story with twists and turns! I was so pleased it got a happy ending after all that. Since it was quiet a story! So I fully agree that HungryStray has no need to feel bad, you had no control over any of this and I really hope after everything you have been through you enjoy your toy! You have a really special toy, with amazing colours! I am so happy it got replaced!
Rainbow Dasher

Postby Rainbow Dasher » Wed Dec 30, 2015 1:19 pm

AltheaThune wrote:Too much to try to quote, but I agree totally with what Karla-chan has been saying. It's not cool to pee in someone else's Cheerios and suck the joy out of their positive experience, when she has nothing to do with BD's decisions.

I completely agree with all of this. I've had quite a few issues with BD, too, but this is definitely not the thread to air such grievances with the company. How do we know the Meng that was sent so quickly, wasn't an already-finished toy for the Aurora raffle?
Pansexual|Married|Writer|Artist|Foodie|Pegasister|Spiritual|Crafter|Blogger|Adrenaline Junkie|Furry| Owns a lot of fucking dicks.
karla-chan

Postby karla-chan » Wed Dec 30, 2015 1:24 pm

Rainbow Dasher wrote:

I completely agree with all of this. I've had quite a few issues with BD, too, but this is definitely not the thread to air such grievances with the company. How do we know the Meng that was sent so quickly, wasn't an already-finished toy for the Aurora raffle?

That is a really valid point actually. How do we know there weren't going to be a Ming in the raffle? If not they could have been in the process of making the other 5 and just tagged the Ming in. If they had the mixture ready to go, then it still could have been a fast process. It is much cheaper to do things in batches too.

People have the right to voice their opinions and complain. However yeah, not this thread and not making other people feel bad. That is my main issue, and not the actual complaints themselves. If it was a thread of people talking about their experiences and that is what the thread was created for. I would be reading it and taking it very seriously and not objecting at all to people sharing their experiences.
goldlion

Postby goldlion » Wed Dec 30, 2015 1:37 pm

Kinky_Condesce wrote:
Morphia wrote:
Kinky_Condesce wrote:And yet two of my friends are both still waiting on repours of toys that BD fucked up on weeks ago.
:/

If the wife ever is notified, I'd love to hear the story. The salt satisfies me

Actually I'm unvomfortable when a company me and friends have thrown hundreds, if not thousands of dollars at fucks up our orders and then pussyfoots around fixing them while they clearly have time to repour a super complicated color pattern and OVERNIGHT it for something they didn't even fuck up themselves, and then take over 3 months for our fucked up orders.

So yeah, fuck off.

mind if i ask about the issues bd has caused that's got you so damn demasiado salado?

no need to attack other posters, you're raining on the beautiful meng parade :P grats stray
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Image Image Image
toy list in the spoiler -
► Show Spoiler
anti-firm(8) 2015™
mated to a beautiful kitty boy <3
goldlion

Postby goldlion » Wed Dec 30, 2015 1:40 pm

HungryStray wrote:>>but no favrotism rite?

The thing is, I didn't ask for any of the favoritism, and I can't even call it that because I did nothing extra ordinary to earn what happened to me. Honestly, it was really nice seeing a bunch of people come together and have some really good vibrations toward BD right before Christmas. It was a sad, silly situation that had a happy ending. I don't know what your intention was with your original comment in here, but if you were looking to kill some of them good vibes, pat yourself on the back, you've managed to make me feel guilty about getting my replacement before it was my turn, more than once.

you're in the right to feel good and happy, stray :3

if "other people's issues haven't been fixed" for so long, they're probably not viable issues to be fixed and will never be fixed.
after reading this crazy story you definitely deserved some special attention and a special meng lol

have a good new year :D
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Image Image Image
toy list in the spoiler -
► Show Spoiler
anti-firm(8) 2015™
mated to a beautiful kitty boy <3
Rainbow Dasher

Postby Rainbow Dasher » Wed Dec 30, 2015 1:45 pm

karla-chan wrote:People have the right to voice their opinions and complain. However yeah, not this thread and not making other people feel bad. That is my main issue, and not the actual complaints themselves. If it was a thread of people talking about their experiences and that is what the thread was created for. I would be reading it and taking it very seriously and not objecting at all to people sharing their experiences.

God knows I've bitched more than enough about one or two issues, but I've also laid those issues to rest. There's nothing that can be accomplished by barnstorming every thread in existence, to complain about the same issue. Well, other than pissing off a lot of the forumites, or ending up banned. I've seen folks banned for less than what some seem to get away with, repeatedly.
Pansexual|Married|Writer|Artist|Foodie|Pegasister|Spiritual|Crafter|Blogger|Adrenaline Junkie|Furry| Owns a lot of fucking dicks.
karla-chan

Postby karla-chan » Wed Dec 30, 2015 2:01 pm

Rainbow Dasher wrote:
karla-chan wrote:People have the right to voice their opinions and complain. However yeah, not this thread and not making other people feel bad. That is my main issue, and not the actual complaints themselves. If it was a thread of people talking about their experiences and that is what the thread was created for. I would be reading it and taking it very seriously and not objecting at all to people sharing their experiences.

God knows I've bitched more than enough about one or two issues, but I've also laid those issues to rest. There's nothing that can be accomplished by barnstorming every thread in existence, to complain about the same issue. Well, other than pissing off a lot of the forumites, or ending up banned. I've seen folks banned for less than what some seem to get away with, repeatedly.

I see, that is fully fair enough. I think it is important to talk about issues so people are aware what is happening. So if there is an ongoing issue then people can see that. But there is a time and a place. I fully agree that nothing good will come with barnstorming every thread with these issues, and making mean spirited comments towards other people when it is not their fault. I think a happy ending to this story is great, and well it is good to know when BD do things right as well.

So the opinions of them out their are as balanced as possible. Although I understand your own personal experiences having a heavier influence on future decisions. Which is normal, since I can see why someone else said they wouldn't buy another custom after their experiences.

Plus I think if talking about issues then people should be civil about it, and discuss it in a way which informs people of the issues and people can come in and talk about their issues. Which is why I have suggested a thread to do so. Since it would be silly to get yourself band, when there is a more productive way of making sure your issues are hard, without spoiling other peoples joy.
Rainbow Dasher

Postby Rainbow Dasher » Wed Dec 30, 2015 2:11 pm

karla-chan wrote:
I see, that is fully fair enough. I think it is important to talk about issues so people are aware what is happening. So if there is an ongoing issue then people can see that. But there is a time and a place. I fully agree that nothing good will come with barnstorming every thread with these issues, and making mean spirited comments towards other people when it is not their fault. I think a happy ending to this story is great, and well it is good to know when BD do things right as well.

So the opinions of them out their are as balanced as possible. Although I understand your own personal experiences having a heavier influence on future decisions. Which is normal, since I can see why someone else said they wouldn't buy another custom after their experiences.

Plus I think if talking about issues then people should be civil about it, and discuss it in a way which informs people of the issues and people can come in and talk about their issues. Which is why I have suggested a thread to do so. Since it would be silly to get yourself band, when there is a more productive way of making sure your issues are hard, without spoiling other peoples joy.

Yes, exactly. There was a thread at one point where people could discuss those things, and I made a post or two in it, too. But the same people (of who I used to be one of) taking the same complaints to multiple threads, attacking others and whatnot...it should stop. This is definitely not the thread in which to air grievances against BD. It doesn't accomplish anything other than getting people upset.

I feel bad for Stray; they didn't deserve to be guilt ridden over their new toy.
Arumaeruma

Postby Arumaeruma » Wed Dec 30, 2015 2:14 pm

Rainbow Dasher wrote:God knows I've bitched more than enough about one or two issues, but I've also laid those issues to rest. There's nothing that can be accomplished by barnstorming every thread in existence, to complain about the same issue. Well, other than pissing off a lot of the forumites, or ending up banned. I've seen folks banned for less than what some seem to get away with, repeatedly.

I heavily agree with everything you've said. I couldn't have put it in words better myself. I think issues need to be brought to light, but at the same time you can't piss on someones parade especially when the circumstances are very different.
karla-chan

Postby karla-chan » Wed Dec 30, 2015 2:16 pm

At least you see what you did and have learned, that is really big of you actually. I also think you have added some really valid points.

I agree, I think she has been through enough with this crazy roller-coaster story and doesn't need more hassle.
Rainbow Dasher

Postby Rainbow Dasher » Wed Dec 30, 2015 2:25 pm

Annnnd someone who assumed I was bitching about them, when I wasn't, just sent me the rudest, most scathing PM. Make sure; make GD sure the person you're about to go apeshit on, was actually talking about you in the first, fucking place. Morning now ruined.

Return to “General Discussion”