Straya General

Discuss anything related to Bad Dragon here!
Lite

Re: Straya General

Postby Lite » Sun Jan 10, 2016 11:50 am

Rainbow Dasher wrote:I hear ya; it definitely takes a lot of warm-up/prep for the larger toys. Last week, when I decided to try my large Sleipnir, it took almost an hour of warming up with about 6 different toys, first, before I could even try him. And then I had heaps of toys to clean up! I couldn't imagine trying to do that in a full household.

There is a lot of "look both ways before... doing a mad dash to the toilet/room trying not to drop dicks/lube on the floor" involved. It especially sucks because my family is ultra conservative and would instantly connect dildoes with being homosexual despite me being straight. I'd probably be kicked out of the house, or ignored until i moved out if anyone found out :crying:

To be fair though, male+dildo =homo to probably 95% of society unless they have been educated otherwise.

Im absolutely not attracted to males, but i just cant get enough of these dicks! :misc2: :psyduck:

It's especially problematic since i have a Subbing fetish and am slowly becoming more masochistic. being filled enhances these fantasies greatly :smilenox:
Evalion
Australia Noop Booper

Postby Evalion » Tue Jan 12, 2016 8:08 am

lizardz wrote:
Lite wrote:Staff post! DTechnically that means we're recognised as a entity! :buddy:

Hooray BD officially understands Aus is the same size as USA with Texas being a small state by our standards, that you cant keep things in kangaroos pouches and that we dont drink Fosters ever!

You can't begin to imagine how much crap I get like that every day xD :stick:
Bad Dragon Art Director
Designer and Modeler of: Sugarstar, Twitch, Alice, Sophia, Lana, Mary, Bumblehooves, Roland, Echo, Pearce, Ika, Blaze, Firehydrant
Youpi

Postby Youpi » Tue Jan 12, 2016 8:35 am

someone mentioned selling toys?

viewtopic.php?f=134&t=35216

SA based so shipping pretty much anywhere in aus will be a decent price, always better than sending internationally.
Last edited by Youpi on Tue Jan 12, 2016 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rainbow Dasher

Postby Rainbow Dasher » Tue Jan 12, 2016 1:30 pm

Youpi wrote:someone mentioned selling toys?

viewtopic.php?f=134&t=35177

SA based so shipping pretty much anywhere in aus will be a decent price, always better than sending internationally.

Depends on the toy. I once sold a small Crackers, to elsewhere within the country that damn near cost me 25 dollars to ship. I felt that a little extreme by AUS post, really. It is definitely still better than international shipping, which would easily coast us thrice that. My most recent order from BD, after conversion was something like 115 dollars JUST for the shipping. For 2 toys. :doh:
Pansexual|Married|Writer|Artist|Foodie|Pegasister|Spiritual|Crafter|Blogger|Adrenaline Junkie|Furry| Owns a lot of fucking dicks.
Lite

Postby Lite » Tue Jan 12, 2016 3:04 pm

Rainbow Dasher wrote: after conversion was something like 115 dollars JUST for the shipping. For 2 toys. :doh:

115 AUD for shipping o.o

Was it 2 XL toys? My most recent was a medium chance and a large nox and that surprised me with a 75 AUD shipping when usually it was 55~
Rainbow Dasher

Postby Rainbow Dasher » Tue Jan 12, 2016 3:08 pm

Lite wrote:
Rainbow Dasher wrote: after conversion was something like 115 dollars JUST for the shipping. For 2 toys. :doh:

115 AUD for shipping o.o

Was it 2 XL toys? My most recent was a medium chance and a large nox and that surprised me with a 75 AUD shipping when usually it was 55~

a medium Scorn and a large Kelvin. Even when buying mediums, it still usually costs me a minimum of 70 USD, just for two toys.
Pansexual|Married|Writer|Artist|Foodie|Pegasister|Spiritual|Crafter|Blogger|Adrenaline Junkie|Furry| Owns a lot of fucking dicks.
Lite

Postby Lite » Tue Jan 12, 2016 3:12 pm

Rainbow Dasher wrote:a medium Scorn and a large Kelvin. Even when buying mediums, it still usually costs me a minimum of 70 USD, just for two toys.

Do you live like really rural which inflates the costs by a ton? For reference my package was 5.51lb for 55USD and I live about half an hour out from the city
Rainbow Dasher

Postby Rainbow Dasher » Tue Jan 12, 2016 3:14 pm

Lite wrote:
Rainbow Dasher wrote:a medium Scorn and a large Kelvin. Even when buying mediums, it still usually costs me a minimum of 70 USD, just for two toys.

Do you live like really rural which inflates the costs by a ton? For reference my package was 5.51lb for 55USD and I live about half an hour out from the city

I am somewhat rural, yes, but not sure it matters too much. I gave it my old address in Sydney, once, just out of curiosity; it was about the same cost, maybe a few dollars less, but nothing uber significant.
lizardz

Postby lizardz » Tue Jan 12, 2016 3:50 pm

The BD shipping rates are quite good, have looked at buying secondhand from USA and the postage was significantly higher than what they charge for new toys.
With the recent discounts new has been cheaper to land than secondhands.

Just the exchange rate which is a killer, and that keeps getting worse.
At least no taxes to pay.
Rainbow Dasher

Postby Rainbow Dasher » Tue Jan 12, 2016 4:04 pm

I bought a medium Luka last year, second hand from the US. It cost 25 dollars to ship. BD would have charged me about 80. I was surprised it cost the US seller so little.
Arumaeruma

Postby Arumaeruma » Tue Jan 12, 2016 4:10 pm

Rainbow Dasher wrote:I bought a medium Luka last year, second hand from the US. It cost 25 dollars to ship. BD would have charged me about 80. I was surprised it cost the US seller so little.

USPS is a lot cheaper to ship than FedEx or UPS
Rainbow Dasher

Postby Rainbow Dasher » Tue Jan 12, 2016 4:12 pm

Arumaeruma wrote:
Rainbow Dasher wrote:I bought a medium Luka last year, second hand from the US. It cost 25 dollars to ship. BD would have charged me about 80. I was surprised it cost the US seller so little.

USPS is a lot cheaper to ship than FedEx or UPS

Hmm... FB and EE send through USPS and they aren't exactly cheap to send down here, either. Idk... :mystery: I bought two, smaller toys from EE a while back, and shipping was still close to 70 via USPS.
Conrad

Postby Conrad » Tue Jan 12, 2016 4:13 pm

Why must the exchange rate be so goddamn atrocious? There are flops to be purchased and desires to be sated :crying:
Toy Count: 44
bronson_twist

Postby bronson_twist » Tue Jan 12, 2016 4:20 pm

Evalion wrote: You can't begin to imagine how much crap I get like that every day xD :stick:

Please tell me that you've at least got everyone convinced that drop bears exist!
Rainbow Dasher

Postby Rainbow Dasher » Tue Jan 12, 2016 4:34 pm

Conrad wrote:Why must the exchange rate be so goddamn atrocious? There are flops to be purchased and desires to be sated :crying:

I know! It's even worse, now, than it was months ago. On a good note: It made a refund I recently received, almost more than what I originally paid. XD

I still have toys to sell off, but i may have to wait and do that after we move house, in another 7 weeks. I actually have an XL I plan to part with!
Conrad

Postby Conrad » Tue Jan 12, 2016 4:55 pm

Rainbow Dasher wrote:I know! It's even worse, now, than it was months ago. On a good note: It made a refund I recently received, almost more than what I originally paid. XD

I still have toys to sell off, but i may have to wait and do that after we move house, in another 7 weeks. I actually have an XL I plan to part with!

At least someone's getting some good out of it! :stick:

I'd been waiting for a Large Crackers to drop for a very, very long time. About a week ago when the most recent inventory-drop was up for grabs there were two that were ideal. Sadly, the cost of one toy alone + shipping after the exchange rate... I just couldn't justify it once it got into the $300+ mark.

..I can dream though. I can dream.
Rainbow Dasher

Postby Rainbow Dasher » Tue Jan 12, 2016 5:00 pm

Conrad wrote:
I'd been waiting for a Large Crackers to drop for a very, very long time. About a week ago when the most recent inventory-drop was up for grabs there were two that were ideal. Sadly, the cost of one toy alone + shipping after the exchange rate... I just couldn't justify it once it got into the $300+ mark.

..I can dream though. I can dream.

Ahh, man! I got a large Crackers from flops, a few weeks ago for about 145 after conversion. It was split-wide, CT and SC, in Regal Alpha. It had a teeny nick under the tip, but that's it. Were the ones you were looking at, flops, or normal adopts?

I have an XL Nocturn I may be listing soon, as it doesn't work well with me, and my husband hates knots, so...
lizardz

Postby lizardz » Tue Jan 12, 2016 5:05 pm

Yeah looks like First-Class Package International Service can do that under 4lbs which is most besides the biggest toys.
But it is untracked and uninsured. So you are accepting a risk, plus a lot of sellers wont risk their own reputation being involved in a lost uninsured package.
The tracked and insured one is double that, which is more than BD have been charging me for similar sized ones.
Plus the slowness of the cheaper USPS.

AusPost drivers have lost/stolen a few of my packages. Parcel Locker/Collect has been ok so far though. But wouldnt really want to risk uninsured post.
Rainbow Dasher

Postby Rainbow Dasher » Tue Jan 12, 2016 5:10 pm

lizardz wrote:AusPost drivers have lost/stolen a few of my packages. Parcel Locker/Collect has been ok so far though. But wouldnt really want to risk uninsured post.

AusPost is so damn dodgy; I really can't stand them.

So far, in the past 10 months they have lost:

1 birthday card
2 Christmas cards
A parcel of goodies sent by a friend within the same state. Actually, they gave it to someone at the post office, which was in the wrong suburb, some 2 hours away from me. They just...gave it away. :unamused:
3 Centrelink letters
A disability claims packet, for my husband
Every utility bill since we've moved into this apartment
A letter from customs, because somthing we ordered had a fee to pay before release
And a few other letters and what not that I can barely remember.

How they are even still in operation...
Last edited by Rainbow Dasher on Tue Jan 12, 2016 5:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Conrad

Postby Conrad » Tue Jan 12, 2016 5:11 pm

Rainbow Dasher wrote:
Conrad wrote:Ahh, man! I got a large Crackers from flops, a few weeks ago for about 145 after conversion. It was split-wide, CT and SC, in Regal Alpha. It had a teeny nick under the tip, but that's it. Were the ones you were looking at, flops, or normal adopts?

I have an XL Nocturn I may be listing soon, as it doesn't work well with me, and my husband hates knots, so...

They were flops! Funnily enough I was eyeballing an XL Nocturne too... Alas, other bills/obligations tend to get in the way too!

Return to “General Discussion”