Straya General

Discuss anything related to Bad Dragon here!
lizardz

Re: Straya General

Postby lizardz » Fri Jan 22, 2016 8:41 pm

Ive found that Fedex chooses a date and then sticks to it, even if that means refusing to deliver for a few days.
UPS tracking changes its date at each major terminal and dont seem to deliver Mondays in my area, they use subcontractor courier companies.

So far both have been about the same, though I have authority to leave with Fedex so they are more convenient unless on holiday.
lizardz

Postby lizardz » Fri Jan 22, 2016 8:45 pm

Lite wrote:
Rainbow Dasher wrote:Thanks for the link; I will keep it in mind for the future. I already recently ordered more lube from Sliquid, so I am probably set for another year.

No worries. Thanks for the ecosilk bag tip last time. The bags arrived yesterday and are pretty good quality!

Yeah good tip on the bags, I got a couple and they do a nice job. Ordered first 2 and now got another 5 on the way.
They are cheaper on ebay than the official site. $4 with $2 shipping +$0.50 for each extra bag.
Or is there an even better price somewhere else?
KegawaTails

Postby KegawaTails » Sat Jan 23, 2016 8:00 am

Got my medium Nova a few days ago. Supposed to be the Krampus Cristmas colour but its pretty much Aussie green & gold. Just in time for Straya day. Shoutouts to filthyasfuck for helping with the delivery.
Attachments
20160123_172821~2.jpg
ooohh glowing words
Umbral

Postby Umbral » Sat Jan 23, 2016 8:31 am

KegawaTails wrote:Got my medium Nova a few days ago. Supposed to be the Krampus Cristmas colour but its pretty much Aussie green & gold. Just in time for Straya day. Shoutouts to filthyasfuck for helping with the delivery.

Nova looks tasty in that marble pattern :misc2: :excited: I have one in turquoise and it's unf.
We Will Forever Be Known, By The Tracks We Leave Behind -Dakota Proverb

Shieldsy

Postby Shieldsy » Fri Jan 29, 2016 7:36 pm

I'm from Adelaide :D I'm guessing I'm the only one :stick: I just got my medium Roland in "surprise me" colour and small flared chance. When I looked up the hex colours for the surprise me I was kinda disappointed, but the bronze is actually really nice! I have a bunch of other BD toys and I'm planning on getting my first made-to-order soon! But I'm also moving back to my parents place :S PO boxes here we come!
image.jpg
bronson_twist

Postby bronson_twist » Fri Jan 29, 2016 9:04 pm

Shieldsy wrote:I'm from Adelaide :D I'm guessing I'm the only one :stick: I just got my medium Roland in "surprise me" colour and small flared chance. When I looked up the hex colours for the surprise me I was kinda disappointed, but the bronze is actually really nice! I have a bunch of other BD toys and I'm planning on getting my first made-to-order soon! But I'm also moving back to my parents place :S PO boxes here we come!
image.jpg

Don't waste your money on a PO box. Have a look at the parcel locker service Australia Post offers. It's more effective for receiving parcels. If you want more info on it let me know
lizardz

Postby lizardz » Fri Jan 29, 2016 11:20 pm

Have you had success with Fedex/UPS using it though?

AusPost staff are not allowed to accept couriers packages (except Star Strack, which is owed by AusPost) unless the courier pays postage to enter the package into the postal system.

Will be nice if they will use the lockers or parcel collect service, but so far as I know the package will return to sender.
bronson_twist

Postby bronson_twist » Fri Jan 29, 2016 11:29 pm

lizardz wrote:Have you had success with Fedex/UPS using it though?

AusPost staff are not allowed to accept couriers packages (except Star Strack, which is owed by AusPost) unless the courier pays postage to enter the package into the postal system.

Will be nice if they will use the lockers or parcel collect service, but so far as I know the package will return to sender.

I've used it for a number of BD orders, and other parcels sent from the US. I'm not sure about FedEx, but USPS have definitely been sent there.
lizardz

Postby lizardz » Sat Jan 30, 2016 12:05 am

Yeah USPS is different because they are a national Postal service so part of the AusPost network.

Or did you mean UPS? Which are couriers, different from USPS.
bronson_twist

Postby bronson_twist » Sat Jan 30, 2016 12:10 am

lizardz wrote:Yeah USPS is different because they are a national Postal service so part of the AusPost network.

Or did you mean UPS? Which are couriers, different from USPS.

USPS.
Shadow hound

Postby Shadow hound » Sat Jan 30, 2016 2:07 am

lizardz wrote:Ive found that Fedex chooses a date and then sticks to it, even if that means refusing to deliver for a few days.
UPS tracking changes its date at each major terminal and dont seem to deliver Mondays in my area, they use subcontractor courier companies.

So far both have been about the same, though I have authority to leave with Fedex so they are more convenient unless on holiday.

Yeah they do that unless you take the more expensive shipping. I once called them about my package that had been cleared from customs like two days ago and they explained that ah we can't do this because the delivery time has to be 4-5 days or something I can't remember the days x) but it had been too super fast like 2-3 days. They would've delivered it to me if I had paid more for the better delivery, so yeah, they don't deliver when they get the package, they deliver when they choose and they avoid making the cheaper delivery as fast as the more expensive delivery so you will get what you pay for even if it's ridiculous...
My Toys:
► Show Spoiler
CellophaneNightmares

Postby CellophaneNightmares » Sat Jan 30, 2016 8:44 am

Shieldsy wrote:PO boxes here we come!

Erm, a warning - and I don't know if they've changed policies recently, but last time I tried to order(september last year) they said they didn't deliver to PO boxes anymore. Which sucks for me because I can't get packages sent to my door, so it's only second hand BD toys for me from here on :C
Dickbabies: Small/Gryphon/Med - Lil' Cockatrice/Firm(metallic) - Med/Sleipnir/Soft(*Sparkly!*) - TnP Nereid

-----
Weird poly rabbit. Always happy to make new friends, feel free to PM!
Shieldsy

Postby Shieldsy » Sat Jan 30, 2016 9:13 am

CellophaneNightmares wrote:
Shieldsy wrote:PO boxes here we come!

Erm, a warning - and I don't know if they've changed policies recently, but last time I tried to order(september last year) they said they didn't deliver to PO boxes anymore. Which sucks for me because I can't get packages sent to my door, so it's only second hand BD toys for me from here on :C

Damn! You're right! Have BD stopped shipping though USPS? Because apparently to use the parcel lockers the aussie leg of the delivery has to be handled by auspost or startrack, and USPS would transfer to auspost...
lizardz

Postby lizardz » Sat Jan 30, 2016 2:01 pm

They wont do USPS anymore.

You could try a middleman service like Shipitto, BD send to their USA address and then you choose (AusPost is an option) and pay for the shipping from USA to Aus.
There is also Australia Posts own ShopMate service which is the same sort of thing.

The method will no doubt cost more, since you are paying people extra profit plus extra shipping handling.
But it may be an option to get packages sent to Parcel Locker or Parcel Collect addresses.

May also be useful for secondhand market when sellers dont want to bother with international shipping.
CellophaneNightmares

Postby CellophaneNightmares » Sun Jan 31, 2016 8:06 am

lizardz wrote:You could try a middleman service like Shipitto, BD send to their USA address and then you choose (AusPost is an option) and pay for the shipping from USA to Aus.
There is also Australia Posts own ShopMate service which is the same sort of thing.

Oh my gosh, I've never heard of either of those services, and there's so many times I've seen things that I've wanted to buy but they straight up didn't ship international/to P.O. boxes. You've just opened up so much stuff to me, thank you!
Dickbabies: Small/Gryphon/Med - Lil' Cockatrice/Firm(metallic) - Med/Sleipnir/Soft(*Sparkly!*) - TnP Nereid

-----
Weird poly rabbit. Always happy to make new friends, feel free to PM!
BorisLover

Postby BorisLover » Sun Jan 31, 2016 4:36 pm

Perth dweller here. Not much going on this side of town at the moment.
Just enjoying snuggling up in bed because the morning is freezing ! (For once) :psyduck:
Avatar made by Drazard ! ~ Happily Claimed ~ ♡
Rainbow Dasher

Postby Rainbow Dasher » Sun Jan 31, 2016 5:01 pm

lizardz wrote:Ive found that Fedex chooses a date and then sticks to it, even if that means refusing to deliver for a few days.

For me, it seems like they choose a date, and *always* come 2 days earlier than scheduled. It might have something to do with the fact that, since I am so rural, FedEx chucks the thing over to a courier: Star Track.
Pansexual|Married|Writer|Artist|Foodie|Pegasister|Spiritual|Crafter|Blogger|Adrenaline Junkie|Furry| Owns a lot of fucking dicks.
Umbral

Postby Umbral » Sun Jan 31, 2016 9:47 pm

Rainbow Dasher wrote:

For me, it seems like they choose a date, and *always* come 2 days earlier than scheduled. It might have something to do with the fact that, since I am so rural, FedEx chucks the thing over to a courier: Star Track.

Same with me and UPS. They give a projected date then deliver 2 days earlier, or at least that is what has happened twice when I used them.

Conrad

Postby Conrad » Mon Feb 01, 2016 5:52 pm

Umbral wrote:
Rainbow Dasher wrote:

Same with me and UPS. They give a projected date then deliver 2 days earlier, or at least that is what has happened twice when I used them.

Just got my latest order in from BD. Used UPS.

Got to 'Import Scan' in Melbourne yesterday on the UPS Tracking website. Hadn't progressed any further, estimated date of arrival was the 4th.

Arrived at my house 20 minutes ago, 2 days ahead of the estimated date.

Seems to be a regular occurrence, actually. I'm sure it's happened multiple times to me.

Not that I'm complaining! :widesmile:
Toy Count: 44
Umbral

Postby Umbral » Mon Feb 08, 2016 12:07 pm

Can it be winter yet? I am tired of Summer already :unamused:

Return to “General Discussion”