How to prevent tearing?

Discuss anything related to Bad Dragon here!
TheEclipse

How to prevent tearing?

Postby TheEclipse » Thu Jan 21, 2016 5:42 pm

Any tips and tricks? I have female toys, but they never seem to last more than 6 months or so. I use them lightly, perhaps once or twice a week but they just don't seem to last. I don't think that I'm handling them too roughly, or not using enough lube... But it's kind of frustrating. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Also, which toys are least likely to rip?
Rainbow Dasher

Re: How to prevent tearing?

Postby Rainbow Dasher » Thu Jan 21, 2016 6:04 pm

Probably the muzzles, as they are the loosest.

Some models are well-known for tearing: Hazel, Lily, Natacha. I have heard of people ripping Sugar Star, Perry, and JT. If you are using them extremely vigorously, are well-endowed, or even not using enough lube, it could be an issue. Have you tried warming the toy up in some warm water, prior to play? Sometimes this helps them "soften" a bit.
Pansexual|Married|Writer|Artist|Foodie|Pegasister|Spiritual|Crafter|Blogger|Adrenaline Junkie|Furry| Owns a lot of fucking dicks.
TheEclipse

Postby TheEclipse » Sun Jan 24, 2016 10:02 pm

Hm, yeah... Hazel is unfortunate because she's fucking amazing. It was the first one I bought, and when it tore, BD was nice enough to send me a new one for free. But I've been using Lily, and I picked that one up day one I believe. Lily has been difficult to use, and the tear right now is just starting, but I'm sure in a month or two she won't be usable anymore. They usually last me for a good 6 months, but man, always I feel bad for always tearing them apart.

I don't think that I use them vigorously, and I'm pretty sure that I'm not any much thicker than your average... But my sessions tend to last for an hour or so. I may try to use more lube, but the cum-lube is very messy for activities done on my bed sheets, lol...

... I might try warming them up, but that's not always an option as I have people living with me.

Im a straight male, and i dont know how other people buy but its the design and shape of the toys that influence my decision. so i mean, anything that resembles an anal opening or isn't a female orifice doesn't do much for me I'm afraid... And that really limits me to like 9 things... I wish that they made as many penetrable females as they did dicks, lol.

The muzzles are tempting, but i haven't heard many good things about them. Still I might consider it and possibly Jaina, as I hear she's pretty much indestructible (maybe).

Postby Sticky » Mon Jan 25, 2016 10:46 am

It cannot be helped, such is the nature of soft silicone. There's an actual market for these things in west asia, and they go by the name of 'Onaho' or 'Onaholes'. They are made of the same material and serve the same purpose, and it's generally understood that these things are meant to be thrown away at some point and are semi-disposable. BD never really talks about it because it's terrible for marketing when they charge the prices they do.

Fuck it until you can't anymore, then toss it in the bin. There's always alternative places to buy similar toys for a fraction of what BD charges, though you DO get what you pay for.
kingsley

Postby kingsley » Tue Jan 26, 2016 10:21 am

some models are definitely better than others.
as dasher said lily is one of the not so great ones, I got mine replaced and it just tore again right away...
on the other hand some like janine and marry have been around for a while and have less issues with them.
Image Image Image Image Image Image
those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

Return to “General Discussion”