Seriously BD

Discuss anything related to Bad Dragon here!
EquineLover95

Seriously BD

Postby EquineLover95 » Mon Jan 25, 2016 1:47 pm

A bit of context here: I'm a 19 year old bi male, due to a bit of financial issues lately I've have to move back in with my parents. They DO NOT know I'm bi. My parents are very strict Christians, my father is especially harsh. I ordered a toy a while back and it finally arrived today, it was too far in to cancel so i had to change the address to my parents home, where i currently reside. It was supposed to arrive Saturday, but the big snowstorm changed that :angry:. So instead it arrives today while I'm at work, i get back and sure enough my package was delivered. This was the first time I've ever had this happen, but on the side of the box on the shipping label it literally says SILICONE SCULPTURE in two places. Really BD now i have a mother who handed me the package and gave me a rant about how disappointed she is and a father that's probably just going to throw me out when he gets home. A really big letdown here.....
My toys
► Show Spoiler
Kith

Re: Seriously BD

Postby Kith » Mon Jan 25, 2016 1:56 pm

When you say you've never had it happen before, do you mean BD has never put that on the label of your previous order(s), or you've ordered toys from elsewhere that didn't? If the former, I'd send in a ticket to see why it was on this package and not any others you've received from them.
"I have often wondered since that day if I am the only veterinary surgeon to have used an artificial vagina as a defensive weapon" -- James Herriot, The Lord God Made Them All

Demisexual with BDSM kinks
dwww

Postby dwww » Mon Jan 25, 2016 2:00 pm

Actually whenever I ordered it, they had this label ...
But yeah ... I am curious to find out how the story ends.
Keep us updated ^^
EquineLover95

Postby EquineLover95 » Mon Jan 25, 2016 2:02 pm

Kith wrote: :words:

This is the 6th package I've ordered from BD and i have a 7th on the way already....
My toys
► Show Spoiler
dwww

Postby dwww » Mon Jan 25, 2016 2:07 pm

I usually need to import them to Europe ... and on the declaration for the import, it was always written like that ... are you sure that you just didn't give a fxxx on the other packages, since you weren't afraid that someone else would open them? ^^
Also how big was the sculpture?
Rainbow Dasher

Postby Rainbow Dasher » Mon Jan 25, 2016 2:17 pm

Mine have always said "silicone sculpture", and I've made about 40 orders. Has yours really never said that before? Are you overseas? If so, they have to put what it is on the forms on the box. Or are you saying that they had, in huge letters "Silicone Sculpture" right on the side of the box?

To be fair, though, this isn't BD's fault; with your living situation you knew you were taking a risk when ordering.
Pansexual|Married|Writer|Artist|Foodie|Pegasister|Spiritual|Crafter|Blogger|Adrenaline Junkie|Furry| Owns a lot of fucking dicks.
LurkingWolf

Postby LurkingWolf » Mon Jan 25, 2016 2:24 pm

I have to admit I'm not really sure how a person makes the leap from "silicone sculpture" to "massive gay dong for butt stuff" anyhow. I always thought they used that description so the customs declaration could be as discreet as possible while still being technically correct.
:misc2:
EquineLover95

Postby EquineLover95 » Mon Jan 25, 2016 2:25 pm

dwww wrote: :words:

Positive it hasn't happened before, and i dont have to go through imports, i live in the states. Also, it was a Med rex
My toys
► Show Spoiler
EquineLover95

Postby EquineLover95 » Mon Jan 25, 2016 2:26 pm

LurkingWolf wrote: she had opened it up
My toys
► Show Spoiler
EquineLover95

Postby EquineLover95 » Mon Jan 25, 2016 2:29 pm

Rainbow Dasher wrote:Mine have always said "silicone sculpture", and I've made about 40 orders. Has yours really never said that before? Are you overseas? If so, they have to put what it is on the forms on the box. Or are you saying that they had, in huge letters "Silicone Sculpture" right on the side of the box?

To be fair, though, this isn't BD's fault; with your living situation you knew you were taking a risk when ordering.
I know its not BD's fault, and as i said before i couldn't cancel the order, as it was placed before my living situation came to this. Also, it was in caps twice on the shipping label, I'm in the states, not overseas.
My toys
► Show Spoiler
Goliogon

Postby Goliogon » Mon Jan 25, 2016 2:31 pm

Rainbow Dasher wrote:

Seconding this. For legal reasons, they must declare the contents of a package and quite frankly, 'silicone sculpture' is as discreet as it gets (as opposed to 'dildo' or 'sex toy'). This is not Bad Dragons fault, and you took the risk ordering from BD given your living situation.
֍Bad Dragon Addict ֍Aspiring Furry Artist ֍Avatar: TLA Fan ֍Happily Mated
Check out my reviews!: Flint (Mini 5 + Small 5)

Click to see toys owned/ wanted...
► Show Spoiler
Arumaeruma

Postby Arumaeruma » Mon Jan 25, 2016 2:36 pm

The user said they were in the states though? I've never had any labels or declarations on my packages and I live domestically.
Goliogon

Postby Goliogon » Mon Jan 25, 2016 2:38 pm

Arumaeruma wrote:The user said they were in the states though? I've never had any labels or declarations on my packages and I live domestically.

Hm, I assumed they put this on all packages? I've definitely heard of this happening to US residents before when ordering from BD.
֍Bad Dragon Addict ֍Aspiring Furry Artist ֍Avatar: TLA Fan ֍Happily Mated
Check out my reviews!: Flint (Mini 5 + Small 5)

Click to see toys owned/ wanted...
► Show Spoiler
EquineLover95

Postby EquineLover95 » Mon Jan 25, 2016 2:39 pm

Goliogon wrote:
Arumaeruma wrote:The user said they were in the states though? I've never had any labels or declarations on my packages and I live domestically.

Hm, I assumed they put this on all packages? I've definitely heard of this happening to US residents before when ordering from BD.

Never once
My toys
► Show Spoiler
Rainbow Dasher

Postby Rainbow Dasher » Mon Jan 25, 2016 2:39 pm

EquineLover95 wrote:I know its not BD's fault, and as i said before i couldn't cancel the order, as it was placed before my living situation came to this. Also, it was in caps twice on the shipping label, I'm in the states, not overseas.

Have they never had that before, on previous orders? It's always on my box, import form aside. At least you didn't get what one person posted happened to them, months back: Their box actually said "BAD DRAGON" in marker, right on the side of the box. Now *that* is uncalled for and wildly inappropriate, because that is definitely not discreet.

LurkingWolf wrote:I have to admit I'm not really sure how a person makes the leap from "silicone sculpture" to "massive gay dong for butt stuff" anyhow. I always thought they used that description so the customs declaration could be as discreet as possible while still being technically correct.

Most adults are going to know what "silicone sculpture", really means. That term doesn't fool anyone, customs or otherwise. :unamused:

Edit: I'm guessing it all depends who packs the order, then. Some will write, essentially what the contents are, and others simply won't. It's all I can think of. I get why it has to be done for international orders, but people in the US... I can't find a reason why you would need the company name, or package contents listed on the outside of the box.
Last edited by Rainbow Dasher on Mon Jan 25, 2016 2:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pansexual|Married|Writer|Artist|Foodie|Pegasister|Spiritual|Crafter|Blogger|Adrenaline Junkie|Furry| Owns a lot of fucking dicks.
wildcat

Postby wildcat » Mon Jan 25, 2016 2:41 pm

Well sorry but i can't see how its anyone's fault but your own. Frankly you could have put the shipment on hold had you explained yourself to bd. I can't see how you're victimized by bd or your parents. You stay at someones place then you abide by their rules.

Obviously you need to have a sit down with your mother before anything else transpires. You don't need to openly say you are bi just you have a fetish.

The relationship you have with your parents does provide you with a idea of what your relationships with significant other will be like. So I'd say improve your relationship with your parents. At least your mom.
Grimmyr

Postby Grimmyr » Mon Jan 25, 2016 2:43 pm

Goliogon wrote:
Rainbow Dasher wrote:
:words: To be fair, though, this isn't BD's fault; with your living situation you knew you were taking a risk when ordering.

...For legal reasons, they must declare the contents of a package and quite frankly, 'silicone sculpture' is as discreet as it gets...

I am gonna have to second that. I've read that you are State-side, so if BD did accidentally put on the box that the contents were "silicone sculptures" then it is kind of a woopsy.

However, Bad Dragon is responsible for keeping true to what the label says is in the box. A lot of really shitty... well, shit can happen if customs officers open the box and find that it is actually not what the label says it is. Customs is some pretty scary shit to deal with. :psyduck:
Kith

Postby Kith » Mon Jan 25, 2016 2:44 pm

Wait, wait, your mom opened it? Why on earth would she open your mail? I'd understand being curious, but good grief.

As for BD, sounds like it somehow got tagged for the "silicone sculpture" label like an international package instead of a domestic one. Not sure how that happened, but that's how it seems.
"I have often wondered since that day if I am the only veterinary surgeon to have used an artificial vagina as a defensive weapon" -- James Herriot, The Lord God Made Them All

Demisexual with BDSM kinks
Phelvia

Postby Phelvia » Mon Jan 25, 2016 2:44 pm

EquineLover95 wrote:
LurkingWolf wrote: she had opened it up

I'm pretty sure opening someone else's mail is illegal :/
I would turn it back on her as to why was she snooping through your stuff...or more likely point out you are an adult (a consenting one) and are allowed to buy such things.

Question, do you pay any rent since you are living with your parents?

So...if you're going to get thrown out over your toys, maybe find someone to live with for the time being? I also am fairly certain since you have a lot of toys and you paid for them with your own money, if they try to trash them you could likely take them to small claims court?
LurkingWolf

Postby LurkingWolf » Mon Jan 25, 2016 2:54 pm

EquineLover95 wrote:she had opened it up

Ah, I see. Would she have opened it no matter what the label said, in that case? She really had no right to do that, as you're an adult and the package would have been addressed to you. If you wanted to try to minimize damage, you could say it was for someone else who can't receive packages at home, or that you plan to use it with a female partner. But I can see how a person with a rigid moral stance would find those situations unacceptable too. :/

Rainbow Dasher wrote: :words:

I... I really don't see the average person making that connection when it's out of context, unless they have/use high quality silicone toys themselves, in which case I can't see them caring. A lot of people don't know or care what adult toys are even made of, and there are infinite types of sculpted figurines and memorabilia in the world. Maybe I'm weird in my thinking, though?
:misc2:

Return to “General Discussion”