MY TOY GOT HELD BY THE LUBE POLICE.

Discuss anything related to Bad Dragon here!
fishpie23

MY TOY GOT HELD BY THE LUBE POLICE.

Postby fishpie23 » Wed Feb 10, 2016 9:09 am

OK, SO SOME CONTEXT;
I LIVE IN CANADA. I USED UPS. I DO NOT HAVE THE TOY YET. I'll contact customer support when I have a bit more of a conclusion from UPS.

I got a chance some time ago and I loved it so much that I decided to get another, with that in mind I ordered a Roland.

Being as excited as i'm sure most of us are when we know a new toy is coming; I took to checking the tracking on my shipment every couple of hours or so. (I had picked the fastest shipping method available because I used standard the first time and was charged a $45 brokerage fee on top of the $18 tax, making the total cost of shipping higher than the best method provided by BD and non-standard methods don't charge brokerage) Everything was going fine. My package was supposed to arrive today before noon (while I wasn't actually expecting that to happen because this /is/ UPS). When I checked to see if it had made it out for delivery or not..."Package held at warehouse"...THAT'S WHEN I KNEW ALL HELL HAD BROKEN LOOSE.

So feeling a level of concern which is not uncommon for anyone living in Canada who has shipped using international methods I gave UPS a quick call.. maybe it's just a weird notification or something.. I jump through 200 flaming hoops and twist myself into a pretzel for the horrible demon robot who picked up my dire request and i am eventually forwarded to a nice sounding gentleman, I explain the issue, go through the steps, he tells me he'll look into it, AND THEN...SUDDENLY THIS MAN IS VERY NERVOUS....He responds with a stammering, forced voice "they..needmoreinformationonthelubri- CAN YOU HOLD?" Before he could finish I was listening to elevator music, a short time passes and the phone picks up again, this time, with a slightly less troubled voice he tells me again "The package is being held because they don't have enough information on the..u-uhm..p-personal...lubrication" At this point I am embarrassed at this man's inability to service his customer who is only calling because he wishes to /service/ himself. :stick: I told him I had all of the information on the lube, as I have ordered an item of the sort before.. He went over the customs information with me and listed the items.. Silicone Sculpture..and personal lubrication.. He asked me in his usual nervous and uncomfortable tone what the lube was made of, I told him it was water based. at this point I could hear the other employees in the background laughing, and I swear I could feel the sweat of this man's forehead dripping directly into my ear. He asked me for my phone number and forwarded to the department that would deal with the customs papers in case they needed more info. He was trying to hang up as quick as possible, there was a long silence and he repeated what he had done before basically just hanging up.

THE SHORT VERSION: UPS held my toy and was immature because it was a sex toy.

I still don't have the toy. This was only a few hours ago, should I call again and see if I can get someone more helpful? Should I contact bad-dragon customer service as soon as possible?
WILL I EVER GET MY TOY? IS UPS PREJUDICE TOWARDS MUTANT LIZARD DONGS? IS CLARK KENT SUPERMAN? HOPEFULLY THESE QUESTIONS WILL BE ANSWERED SOON.

That's my story so far. I'll keep everyone posted when something happens.
Goliogon

Re: MY TOY GOT HELD BY THE LUBE POLICE.

Postby Goliogon » Wed Feb 10, 2016 9:26 am

Huh, interesting story there... if a little concerning (about them keeping your package hostage). Bad Dragon always includes a list of ingredients for the cumblube on a separate slip of paper in the packages I get, so maybe they forgot? Sounds like BD might've made a bit of a mistake there.

If I were in that situation, I'd probably be quite amused by the guys discomfort about the contents! I would've thought customs workers had seen plenty of stuff like that going across the border, and a lot of it far worse, too!

Hope you get your toy ok, at least! :laugh:
֍Bad Dragon Addict ֍Aspiring Furry Artist ֍Avatar: TLA Fan ֍Happily Mated
Check out my reviews!: Flint (Mini 5 + Small 5)

Click to see toys owned/ wanted...
► Show Spoiler
Umbral

Postby Umbral » Wed Feb 10, 2016 9:27 am

[quote="fishpie23" :words: [/quote]

That is so strange! :bugeyed: Usually they slip a piece of paper into the custom documents that state all the ingredients within the cumlube... the paper even says CUMLUBE in big letters at the top of this.... Unless you got a toy with a Cumtube and this was the free bottle they were questioning? Because I've had packages ship without listing the lube. It surprised me since Perth is the anti-liquid capitol of shipping. (Heaven forbid you might be importing honey or shampoo! Yes I got held up at the airport because they thought I was smuggling honey.)
We Will Forever Be Known, By The Tracks We Leave Behind -Dakota Proverb

fishpie23

Postby fishpie23 » Wed Feb 10, 2016 9:38 am

Umbral wrote:
fishpie23" :words:

That is so strange! :bugeyed: Usually they slip a piece of paper into the custom documents that state all the ingredients within the cumlube... the paper even says CUMLUBE in big letters at the top of this.... Unless you got a toy with a Cumtube and this was the free bottle they were questioning? Because I've had packages ship without listing the lube. It surprised me since Perth is the anti-liquid capitol of shipping. (Heaven forbid you might be importing honey or shampoo! Yes I got held up at the airport because they thought I was smuggling honey.)[/quote]

I mentioned the slip that's usually included, the guy was too nervous to give me a proper response, but it basically amounted to him having no idea what was going on. I probably just caught some customs guy who was having a bad day and decided that I should not have my "silicone sculpture". There was no cum-tube, only 4 bottles of lube, the toy, some cleaner, and whatever else bad dragon chucked in there as a surprise (sample lube, etc). Also yeah, for some reason airports are real anal about honey. Honey or fruits. WHICH IS WHY I'M NOT ALLOWED ON A PLANE! HAH! GEDDIT? :widesmile:

[quote="Goliogon wrote: If I were in that situation, I'd probably be quite amused by the guys discomfort about the contents! I would've thought customs workers had seen plenty of stuff like that going across the border, and a lot of it far worse, too!

I would have been laughing hysterically if it wasn't for the fact that I actually needed the man to help me get this taken care of. :crying: HOPEFULLY I GET IT SOON. I'm really looking forward to my first knotted toy ;u;
Goliogon

Postby Goliogon » Wed Feb 10, 2016 9:40 am

fishpie23 wrote:
I would have been laughing hysterically if it wasn't for the fact that I actually needed the man to help me get this taken care of. :crying: HOPEFULLY I GET IT SOON. I'm really looking forward to my first knotted toy ;u;

Hehe, at least you had good spirit and found some amusement in the whole ordeal! I can imagine a lot of people would freak out, including me 2 years ago (I was super socially awkward and nervous back then).

► Show Spoiler
fishpie23

Postby fishpie23 » Wed Feb 10, 2016 9:51 am

Goliogon wrote:
fishpie23 wrote:

Hehe, at least you had good spirit and found some amusement in the whole ordeal! I can imagine a lot of people would freak out, including me 2 years ago (I was super socially awkward and nervous back then).

Oh man, if I was nervous about this sort of thing I don't think I would be alive anymore. >u< When I got my first bottle of cumlube I had to show it to my friend because it was too cool. oAo
Goliogon

Postby Goliogon » Wed Feb 10, 2016 9:57 am

fishpie23 wrote:
Oh man, if I was nervous about this sort of thing I don't think I would be alive anymore. >u< When I got my first bottle of cumlube I had to show it to my friend because it was too cool. oAo

Hehe, that sounds like me and my best buddy; we pretty much only ever talk about Bad Dragon (and if it's something else, something is wrong)! We're always sending pics of our toys to each other on Facebook and sharing pics of pretty toys we find on the adopts page. She's been in a group order with me, too, so I got to check out her Echo. :P

Is your friend into (or could potentially be interested in) Bad Dragon? It's always great to do group orders with friends if possible, to split handling and shipping costs, but I get that's something most people can't do with their IRL friends! I swear I forget that these things aren't totally 'normal' to most people... :psyduck:

► Show Spoiler
Elli

Postby Elli » Wed Feb 10, 2016 10:03 am

I am both sorry for you and amused at hearing this tale of woe :laugh:

Perhaps it's just a normal delay though? As in, they notice the package has lube/liquid in it and puts it aside to verify what it is as the next stage? And the customer service worker was too nervous to convey this... Yeah, maybe not :mystery:

Regardless. Hope you get your toy and lube soon!
fishpie23

Postby fishpie23 » Wed Feb 10, 2016 10:05 am

Goliogon wrote:Hehe, that sounds like me and my best buddy; we pretty much only ever talk about Bad Dragon (and if it's something else, something is wrong)! We're always sending pics of our toys to each other on Facebook and sharing pics of pretty toys we find on the adopts page. She's been in a group order with me, too, so I got to check out her Echo. :P

Is your friend into (or could potentially be interested in) Bad Dragon? It's always great to do group orders with friends if possible, to split handling and shipping costs, but I get that's something most people can't do with their IRL friends! I swear I forget that these things aren't totally 'normal' to most people... :psyduck:

Ohh! I thought about the echo too! I think i'm horribly addicted now.. ;;

Well, to be honest i'd doubt it? He's not a furry for one, so the whole style of bad dragon toys might be a bit much. He's also straight and probably not all that interested in trying anal (certainly not going to pick up a bad dragon for a maybe). Maybe he'd try the penetrable toys, but they're awful expensive in all honesty. I'm sure they're nice, but that's definitely held me back! I guess it wouldn't hurt to ask, I thought about it but never actually asked. who knows, maybe next time.
fishpie23

Postby fishpie23 » Wed Feb 10, 2016 10:09 am

Elli wrote:I am both sorry for you and amused at hearing this tale of woe :laugh:

Perhaps it's just a normal delay though? As in, they notice the package has lube/liquid in it and puts it aside to verify what it is as the next stage? And the customer service worker was too nervous to convey this... Yeah, maybe not :mystery:

Regardless. Hope you get your toy and lube soon!

Hah! I'm glad you liked it!

I don't know. I don't remember having this issue the last time I ordered. The only difference being that the last time it took 2 weeks and costed an extra $65. This time it's taken a couple days and it's already in a warehouse nearby! oh well, i'm sure it'll get resolved. My lack of confidence in UPS is the only thing making me worry.
Kaiser

Postby Kaiser » Wed Feb 10, 2016 10:17 am

An amusing tale, although i do find it amusing to see people embarrassed about things like lube especially a customs officer :laugh: You would think someone in that sort of job line would be aware that 'everyone masturbates get over it' could be worse, they could have been holding one of your toys and having you describe it. Would keep me laughing if it ever happened to me :laugh: :laugh:
Reviews Completed
Medium Gryphon (viewtopic.php?f=6&t=33157&p=1065864#p1065864)
The Four Horsemen (Medium Bumble, Medium Chance, Rowan, Small Slepnir viewtopic.php?f=109&t=34995)
VVVV (Flared chance, tucker, sugerstar viewtopic.php?f=109&t=43844)
Duke's Lush Tush (viewtopic.php?f=109&t=46969)
Reviews In Progress
fishpie23

Postby fishpie23 » Wed Feb 10, 2016 10:22 am

Kaiser wrote:An amusing tale, although i do find it amusing to see people embarrassed about things like lube especially a customs officer :laugh: You would think someone in that sort of job line would be aware that 'everyone masturbates get over it' could be worse, they could have been holding one of your toys and having you describe it. Would keep me laughing if it ever happened to me :laugh: :laugh:

You would figure, right? It's a little silly. I still think it's funny, but I would appreciate actually /getting/ my toy some time :doh:
Dragoncatclem

Postby Dragoncatclem » Wed Feb 10, 2016 11:29 am

Got a good giggle out of this. That poor skiddish UPS dude! :laugh: :laugh:
"Do not compare your chapter one to someone else's chapter ten" - Unknown :misc2:
dasadevil
Moon Moon

Postby dasadevil » Thu Feb 11, 2016 8:48 am

I always personally wondered how Customs reacts to some of our toys, especially in some of the smaller countries that we ship too.
fishpie23

Postby fishpie23 » Thu Feb 11, 2016 9:50 am

UPDATE: MY NEW BOY AS ARRIVED. :smile:
I called ahead yesterday and paid taxes and customs charges ($30 :crying: ) and today my roland was left at the front step, everything is present and accounted for. I've yet to try him out, but I'm sure i won't be disappointed! I sure hope not at least. I am concerned that he's substantially smaller than my medium chance. But i mean, i did order him as more of a thrusting toy anyways so that's probably good.

HOWEVER. The base of the toy is cut on a wicked angle! He can't stand up on his own at all! :crying: I'll contact customer support and see if they can give me some advice...is this normal?
fishpie23

Postby fishpie23 » Thu Feb 11, 2016 9:56 am

dasadevil wrote:I always personally wondered how Customs reacts to some of our toys, especially in some of the smaller countries that we ship too.

Well, this is Canada, so you'd figure they'd see it a lot. But either way, i got it in the end so.. :stick:
EvL
Gender: Mostly female but born with some extra bits inside.

Postby EvL » Thu Feb 11, 2016 9:57 am

fishpie23 wrote:UPDATE: MY NEW BOY AS ARRIVED. :smile:
I called ahead yesterday and paid taxes and customs charges ($30 :crying: ) and today my roland was left at the front step, everything is present and accounted for. I've yet to try him out, but I'm sure i won't be disappointed! I sure hope not at least. I am concerned that he's substantially smaller than my medium chance. But i mean, i did order him as more of a thrusting toy anyways so that's probably good.

HOWEVER. The base of the toy is cut on a wicked angle! He can't stand up on his own at all! :crying: I'll contact customer support and see if they can give me some advice...is this normal?

Hm, no, that's not normal.
fishpie23

Postby fishpie23 » Thu Feb 11, 2016 10:05 am

EvL wrote:Hm, no, that's not normal.

I didn't think it would be! This is an actual issue for me too since i tend to ride my toys a lot and i kind of need them to stand up on their own! This one just kinda flops a little and topples over, if i put some paper or something on the one side to balance it it stands fine!
fishpie23

Postby fishpie23 » Thu Feb 11, 2016 11:39 am

Another update: I contacted customer service and they gave me a small store credit for sending me a lopsided toy! Awesome customer service, never a disappointment with bad dragon!
EvL
Gender: Mostly female but born with some extra bits inside.

Postby EvL » Thu Feb 11, 2016 12:30 pm

fishpie23 wrote:Another update: I contacted customer service and they gave me a small store credit for sending me a lopsided toy! Awesome customer service, never a disappointment with bad dragon!

Yaaay! :D

Return to “General Discussion”