How come some toys got removed?

Discuss anything related to Bad Dragon here!
Execwalkthroughs

How come some toys got removed?

Postby Execwalkthroughs » Wed Feb 10, 2016 1:35 pm

As the topic title says, how come some of the older toys got removed like Moko the Liger? Were they not being sold or did BD just decide to get rid of them?
Kith

Re: How come some toys got removed?

Postby Kith » Wed Feb 10, 2016 1:40 pm

BD retires toys that aren't selling as well as they'd like so they can focus on the new and/or better-selling ones. From time to time there will be a Legacy Sale where you can get the retired toys they still have molds for, though those are typically an in-stock only sort of thing. The only way to get a custom legacy toy that I know of is to ticket to see if what you want has a working mold and what it will cost (usually 150% original price).
"I have often wondered since that day if I am the only veterinary surgeon to have used an artificial vagina as a defensive weapon" -- James Herriot, The Lord God Made Them All

Demisexual with BDSM kinks
Rainbow Dasher

Postby Rainbow Dasher » Wed Feb 10, 2016 1:41 pm

With how popular those models seem to be, at least from a forum perspective, I am quite surprised they were gotten rid of. Some people think there is an ulterior motive behind it, but who really knows? :mystery:
Pansexual|Married|Writer|Artist|Foodie|Pegasister|Spiritual|Crafter|Blogger|Adrenaline Junkie|Furry| Owns a lot of fucking dicks.
lizardz

Postby lizardz » Wed Feb 10, 2016 2:21 pm

It could also be that the molds are old and fragile. Only some staff can work with them, they need repairs after each use, each use may be their last.
Goliogon

Postby Goliogon » Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:19 pm

I absolutely adore Moko and Lukas models, and the reviews I read of them were fairly positive, so this is something I wonder about, too. There's not much else like them, either, and I loved the detailed balls (the fur on Luka's balls is just 'mmm').

I get how the Breeder was retired and then remodelled, but why kill off Luka and Moko and not even rework them? Meh. :unamused:
֍Bad Dragon Addict ֍Aspiring Furry Artist ֍Avatar: TLA Fan ֍Happily Mated
Check out my reviews!: Flint (Mini 5 + Small 5)

Click to see toys owned/ wanted...
► Show Spoiler
Juneberry

Postby Juneberry » Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:42 pm

With how popular Moko seems to be (on the forums at least), I'm really hoping there's a chance of a remodel in the future :stick:
Goliogon

Postby Goliogon » Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:57 pm

Juneberry wrote:With how popular Moko seems to be (on the forums at least), I'm really hoping there's a chance of a remodel in the future :stick:

Yes! This, a million times yes! :excited:
Maybe if we all get on our knees and pray to the dragon gods...
֍Bad Dragon Addict ֍Aspiring Furry Artist ֍Avatar: TLA Fan ֍Happily Mated
Check out my reviews!: Flint (Mini 5 + Small 5)

Click to see toys owned/ wanted...
► Show Spoiler
Vitani

Postby Vitani » Wed Feb 10, 2016 8:57 pm

Mmm yes. Luka is amazing.

I do remember both Moko and Luka got a lot of flack and disapproval when they were first released though....however I've also noticed that a lot of new toys get the same kind of general feeling until people start getting and reviewing them, so it beats me why Moko and Luka were the exceptions that actually /did/ get pulled off the production line.
Execwalkthroughs

Postby Execwalkthroughs » Wed Feb 10, 2016 9:15 pm

Vitani wrote:Mmm yes. Luka is amazing.

I do remember both Moko and Luka got a lot of flack and disapproval when they were first released though....however I've also noticed that a lot of new toys get the same kind of general feeling until people start getting and reviewing them, so it beats me why Moko and Luka were the exceptions that actually /did/ get pulled off the production line.

Yeah Moko was one i noticed people liked same with the Tailstretcher (though the tailstretcher didnt have a proper base and had a risk of being lost) I am surprised that Bruce is still here but not Bruce's portside.
Umbral

Postby Umbral » Wed Feb 10, 2016 9:38 pm

I was able to ticket for a Moko but it did indeed cost me. It's sort of my birthday present... that's a few months early :laugh:

I personally don't see how Moko would have been too complex to make, though luka looked like it might be a pain due to the fur on the balls. Perhaps they required too much silicone to use because from what I've read, the both seem to be fairly heavy toys?

I sincerely hope they go for a remodel.
We Will Forever Be Known, By The Tracks We Leave Behind -Dakota Proverb

kt~

Postby kt~ » Thu Feb 11, 2016 8:26 pm

Does anyone know how much it would cost to custom order a small Moko (including the legacy price increase)? I don't even know its base price.

I'm trying to figure out if it would be worth it to just custom order one in the colors and firmness I want, rather than wait for a legacy drop or wait ages for someone to sell one secondhand. When I last saw the legacy drops, it seemed like most of the drops were medium firmness and I prefer soft, so I might be better off just going for a custom.

After receiving the Atlas Lion, I'd like to go for more feline toys :smile:
~Kinzie~ :misc13: :cool: / Female / 23 / Otaku / Writer

One step on the road to recovery from past traumas.

20 Insertables/1 Penetrable/3 Vibes/4 Eggs
Pictures of my Collection
Umbral

Postby Umbral » Thu Feb 11, 2016 8:36 pm

kt~ wrote:Does anyone know how much it would cost to custom order a small Moko (including the legacy price increase)? I don't even know its base price.

I'm trying to figure out if it would be worth it to just custom order one in the colors and firmness I want, rather than wait for a legacy drop or wait ages for someone to sell one secondhand. When I last saw the legacy drops, it seemed like most of the drops were medium firmness and I prefer soft, so I might be better off just going for a custom.

My moko cost $150 for a medium? So you're looking at something like that. But I was quoted 50% extra to the toy's base price? and of course custom coloration like a split fade or split marble were $40 and $30 respectively.
We Will Forever Be Known, By The Tracks We Leave Behind -Dakota Proverb

reine

Postby reine » Mon Feb 15, 2016 2:14 pm

With Zootopia coming out soon, I feel like there's a decent possibility of a feline model to replace Moko. :misc2: It seemed like a popular model, so maybe the molds were wearing down and BD wanted to redesign it instead of printing new ones?
Love? Love fades away. But Bad Dragons? Bad Dragons are forever.
Rainbow Dasher

Postby Rainbow Dasher » Mon Feb 15, 2016 2:17 pm

Umbral wrote:
kt~ wrote:Does anyone know how much it would cost to custom order a small Moko (including the legacy price increase)? I don't even know its base price.

My moko cost $150 for a medium? So you're looking at something like that. But I was quoted 50% extra to the toy's base price? and of course custom coloration like a split fade or split marble were $40 and $30 respectively.

My medium Moko cost me 180 USD. You're going to have to ticket them with exactly what you're after, if you want to get a quote. All we can do, is speculate what a small would cost you. I don't know what the base price used to be, either.
Pansexual|Married|Writer|Artist|Foodie|Pegasister|Spiritual|Crafter|Blogger|Adrenaline Junkie|Furry| Owns a lot of fucking dicks.
SierraFox

Postby SierraFox » Tue Feb 16, 2016 4:12 pm

I wondered exactly the same thing... I managed to snag my Moko and Luka secondhand and I have no idea why they got discontinued - they're fantastic choices for a smooth, relaxed way to get off. Sure, they don't have knots and crazy curves and ridges and bells and whistles but the feedback seemed universally positive. Plus, balls! :misc2:

I'm also hoping they get a rework eventually, especially if Moko's spines get juuuust a bit more pronounced. Maybe something like the Snow Leopard, but in the Moko-proportions we know and love. As for Luka... Any ideas on how he could be improved? Maybe a more tapered head and more pronounced curve to fit the sleek image of otters?
Vitani

Postby Vitani » Tue Feb 16, 2016 4:24 pm

SierraFox wrote:I wondered exactly the same thing... I managed to snag my Moko and Luka secondhand and I have no idea why they got discontinued - they're fantastic choices for a smooth, relaxed way to get off. Sure, they don't have knots and crazy curves and ridges and bells and whistles but the feedback seemed universally positive. Plus, balls! :misc2:

I'm also hoping they get a rework eventually, especially if Moko's spines get juuuust a bit more pronounced. Maybe something like the Snow Leopard, but in the Moko-proportions we know and love. As for Luka... Any ideas on how he could be improved? Maybe a more tapered head and more pronounced curve to fit the sleek image of otters?

If they DO do a redesign of Luka, then I'm just gunna say that I'm REALLY happy to have the OG one.
WolfieCub
Gender: gay, submissive, crossdressing wolf tail butt plug wearing male :P lol

Postby WolfieCub » Tue Feb 16, 2016 4:27 pm

SierraFox wrote:I wondered exactly the same thing... I managed to snag my Moko and Luka secondhand and I have no idea why they got discontinued - they're fantastic choices for a smooth, relaxed way to get off. Sure, they don't have knots and crazy curves and ridges and bells and whistles but the feedback seemed universally positive. Plus, balls! :misc2:

Before moko, luka, tailstretcher n forgot what else luka got redesigned of a more tapered head and resizing which is weird because shortly after got retired so :mystery: Really, the tapered head of luka would be nice to try I have the legacy one really, I love the design n look of it, has by far the best balls :p
27/Male/gay/naturally sub
SierraFox

Postby SierraFox » Tue Feb 16, 2016 4:35 pm

WolfieCub wrote:

Before moko, luka, tailstretcher n forgot what else luka got redesigned of a more tapered head and resizing which is weird because shortly after got retired so :mystery: Really, the tapered head of luka would be nice to try I have the legacy one really, I love the design n look of it, has by far the best balls :p

Did it?? I JUST got into BD right after they were retired so I totally missed that! I'm honestly very happy with their designs now to be completely honest (consitently my go-to's!!), but I almost could see how they could be removed if maybe they felt they were too "plain", or want a way to differentiate them a bit more. Much as I love the designs, they do both have the longer, smooth, lightly curved shafts with those little muscled "ridges" going on.
WolfieCub
Gender: gay, submissive, crossdressing wolf tail butt plug wearing male :P lol

Postby WolfieCub » Tue Feb 16, 2016 4:41 pm

Well excluding knots from a lot of the new designs they could be considered plain also, ech being a prime example, luka has a curveature to it and the head has a bit of a enclave that makes it "pop" when it goes in/out so isn't as plain as it seems, luka is a fun toy overall, sadly I don't have a moko wish I did, but when I got luka it was between him and moko, they are fairly similar but looked the measurements of med luka n design more so went with it.
27/Male/gay/naturally sub

Return to “General Discussion”