Your FAVORITE BD promotion color

Discuss anything related to Bad Dragon here!
Vitani

Your FAVORITE BD promotion color

Postby Vitani » Sat Feb 27, 2016 4:44 pm

This applies to both sale colors, as well as toy exclusive colors that BD has come up with.
This is to satisfy my curiosity!

My favorite is Infinity Star, hands down. I've wanted one for a long time before I got Luka, and it's even more pretty in person.

Close contenders are Opal, and that new Mars Ascending color 8D I'm also very partial to the Whore Red color, but I'd have to get it on something that works with solid color.
Arumaeruma

Re: Your FAVORITE BD promotion color

Postby Arumaeruma » Sat Feb 27, 2016 4:50 pm

Hmm most of the promos are solid colors, but I really dislike solid colors. I would probably have to say Alexandrite or Opal. Opal looked WAY nicer in person than in the promo pics. I was so disinterested with Opal from the pics they showed, it looked so drab, but the one I have in person looks so unique and subtle I love it. Lots of variation with that color. Alexandrite is pretty too, I like bright colors, but I don't really like much how sometimes the three colors look like a marbling and others look like a fade. I'd like more of a fade with it.
Vitani

Postby Vitani » Sat Feb 27, 2016 4:53 pm

Arumaeruma wrote:Hmm most of the promos are solid colors, but I really dislike solid colors. I would probably have to say Alexandrite or Opal. Opal looked WAY nicer in person than in the promo pics. I was so disinterested with Opal from the pics they showed, it looked so drab, but the one I have in person looks so unique and subtle I love it. Lots of variation with that color. Alexandrite is pretty too, I like bright colors, but I don't really like much how sometimes the three colors look like a marbling and others look like a fade. I'd like more of a fade with it.

I've seen people like...asking for more of a marble or fade on the Alaxandrite color...but I could be wrong. That is a pretty one too though!

And yes, I agree with you about Opal...it's just a hard color to photograph, but it's super gorgeous in person.
Rainbow Dasher

Postby Rainbow Dasher » Sat Feb 27, 2016 4:53 pm

It's a hard choice. I love Opal and Peridot; both look absolutely lovely in person. and the new Mars Ascending looks very nice, too.
Pansexual|Married|Writer|Artist|Foodie|Pegasister|Spiritual|Crafter|Blogger|Adrenaline Junkie|Furry| Owns a lot of fucking dicks.
Amaranthe

Postby Amaranthe » Sat Feb 27, 2016 5:08 pm

Turquoise for me! And Opal, and even Peridot grew on me. I also really like Steampunk Stud, which is Flint's color. Also, Hydrogenous Zone looked chocolaty to me, which I liked. Hmm, it's actually hard to pick a favorite. :stick:
Knottery

Postby Knottery » Sat Feb 27, 2016 5:24 pm

Turquoise, probably. It seems to look good on just about anything. Infinity Star and Opal are close behind. I really like the look of Mars Ascending, too, but I want to see it on more toys than just the one in the promo pic before deciding if I want one, though.
flowercrownfox

Postby flowercrownfox » Sat Feb 27, 2016 5:24 pm

Opal so far has been the one that grabbed my heart. It's my birthstone and such a beautiful color @[email protected] I'm so happy I finally got a toy in Opal...I can't wait for it to get here.

Turquoise has to be my next favorite, I think.
Female|24|Pansexual |In a relationship (F)|Artist|Collector|
Feel free to PM me any time! I am often lurking, and love to chat.
Icon by me! I'll sometimes do requests. ;u; PM me if you're interested.
Toy Collection/Review blog: http://foxdenofdicks.tumblr.com
Akanisen

Postby Akanisen » Sat Feb 27, 2016 5:33 pm

Hmm... there are a lot of colors I've liked over the years. I don't really think I have a "favorite" but some that come to mind at the start are the Smaug colors (hoarders hide, treasures gleam, greeds downfall), slasher silver will always be a favorite, and the halloween colors (sinister pumpkin etc.).
ImageImage Image "Ignorance is bliss. But bliss is boring." ~Bill Cipher Image ImageImage
SheWantsTheDragonD

Postby SheWantsTheDragonD » Sat Feb 27, 2016 5:53 pm

Halloween Black is probably one of my favorites because it looks good on so many things. I have a Razor in Sinister Pumpkin, and I have a wearable in Halloween Black. I love looking at the blue sparkles on the black, and I might get a medium Flint in Halloween Black eventually.

I want to get toys in Peridot and Alexandrite Pink/Green this year too. I think those are my favorite of the birthstones.
~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~- :misc15: :misc13: :misc14: -~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Dragoncatclem

Postby Dragoncatclem » Sat Feb 27, 2016 6:08 pm

Opal, wish I got it
"Do not compare your chapter one to someone else's chapter ten" - Unknown :misc2:
Tempest

Postby Tempest » Sat Feb 27, 2016 6:56 pm

I tend to really like the highlighted colors - Steampunk Stud (Flint), Shimmerscale (Mountain Drake), and Golden Hoard (Scorn, though amusingly neither of my Scorns are in this color) are probably my favorite toy-exclusive colors, though I also really like Loose Cannon (Tyson). Gold base, black shaft, Sloppy Seconds... mmm.

Of the limited-time colors, I really liked Krampus Present and Turquoise - the solid color marbled with the metallic is really stunning. And Opal of course, combining metallic marble with a highlight.

A pity most of my favorites are really complicated to make.
Full collection and wish list in profile!
Current faves: L/5 Flint, Boss Hogg XXL
Dick fund status: depleted
cluster

Postby cluster » Sat Feb 27, 2016 7:11 pm

Night shift is perhaps my favorite, though I've yet to see it in person. Furry Road looks a lot better in person than it does in the promo pics, so I'd put it on the list too. I have a Scorn in Giger black coming, so we'll see if I like it as much in person as I do in the photos. Although I don't have any toys in the colors, I think Mischief Mounted and Thoroughly Bred look pretty sweet, as does Firebird. I actually like Firebird better on toys other than Gryphon.
idk. i just like the ghost. :mystery:

Selling a bunch of BD toys, mostly smalls, with some minis and mediums: viewtopic.php?f=134&t=39858 and some EE, FB, DA, etc toys: viewtopic.php?f=136&t=39865 | Also, some bottle caps I made into magnets. Check them out and help me declutter.

► Show Spoiler
3TK

Postby 3TK » Sat Feb 27, 2016 7:12 pm

Last edited by 3TK on Fri Jun 10, 2016 1:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rainbow Dasher

Postby Rainbow Dasher » Sat Feb 27, 2016 7:18 pm

3TK wrote:It's too difficult to pick out a favorite!

But I have to say, I was surprised when I completely fell in-love with the Turquoise color. :misc2: :smilenox: Everything I've seen looks great with it, and I absolutely have loved almost every Frankenpour with Turquoise. There are several I lament not splurging for, but...the want to save money is greater right now. Turquoise is also my birthstone, so that kind of makes it a little extra special. :dukeretro:

As for others... Halloween Black turned out much better than I thought it would! Same with Sinister Pumpkin. Honestly, all of the Halloween colors are great (though I prefer Sloppy Seconds over Spooky Seconds if I customize a highlight over a toy, personally - but I could see the potential for some cool combos :widesmile: ).

Another surprising color I fell in-love with was Meteor Impact. :bugeyed: I wasn't too thrilled with it at first, but...then I completely fell for the idea of a Meteor Impact-color Flint. :misc2: :liplick:

Slasher Silver is a color I lament not getting a toy in. Oh well. Hopefully it comes back around. :smilenox: (And I have the spare coinage for it!)

You can always order any colour, save for the rainbow ribbons, if you send in a ticket prior to making the order. It may be a bit more expensive than when it was available with the promo, but they're still available!
Pansexual|Married|Writer|Artist|Foodie|Pegasister|Spiritual|Crafter|Blogger|Adrenaline Junkie|Furry| Owns a lot of fucking dicks.
3TK

Postby 3TK » Sat Feb 27, 2016 7:25 pm

Last edited by 3TK on Fri Jun 10, 2016 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Niah

Postby Niah » Sat Feb 27, 2016 8:32 pm

Very difficult. While I love Opal a lot, I think Jupiter is probably my favorite; my Elden just looks so beautiful in it. Better looking than my Opal Flint to be honest. I think I'd like Peridot a lot, but I haven't seen it in person.
31/Asexual/Genderfluid (biologically female).

See my profile for a list of the toys I own. Please do not solicit me about selling any of my toys.
lizardbreath

Postby lizardbreath » Sat Feb 27, 2016 8:55 pm

Infinity star!
You can have my caffeine when you pry it from my cold dead hands. And possibly not even then.
Pretzal queen!!
pls contact me if you saw anything in my collection you covet :) the worst i can do is say "no"
[
DraconianWolfess

Postby DraconianWolfess » Sat Feb 27, 2016 11:43 pm

Aurora marble. Jupiter is a close second.
AmethystSnake

Postby AmethystSnake » Sun Feb 28, 2016 3:15 am

I my absolute favorite is their Night Shift color! It's just perfect to me! It just looks so damn good in nearly any toy that I haven't been able to decide which one I'd like in that color. :D

► Show Spoiler

Also the new Mars Ascending and 4th Kind have got my interest! I'm looking forward to see all the zodiac colors!

► Show Spoiler

I also like their Halloween colors! They all look pretty damn nice!

Aaand from the birthstone colors my favorites are Peridot, Citrine, Turquoise and Diamond.~
Female / 21 / Bisexual (prefer men) / In relationship with Edward Bluefox / Has 12 fantasy toys! / Artist, writer, gamer / Spiritual person

Hailfall

Postby Hailfall » Sun Feb 28, 2016 4:41 am

AmethystSnake wrote:Image
I my absolute favorite is their Night Shift color! It's just perfect to me! It just looks so damn good in nearly any toy that I haven't been able to decide which one I'd like in that color. :D

Oh god yes that color is amazing! I believe I might get my next toy (Medium Flint) with that.. so purrrdy! :misc2: :liplick:

Return to “General Discussion”