Your FAVORITE BD promotion color

Discuss anything related to Bad Dragon here!
Goliogon

Re: Your FAVORITE BD promotion color

Postby Goliogon » Sun Feb 28, 2016 5:36 am

Kinda late to the party, but I'm jumping on the Opal fanatics bandwagon; that colour is just too unique and mesmerising for words to describe, and absolutely must be seen in person to be appreciated in full! :misc2:

Other than that, I'm lusting after a Peridot and an Infinity Star.
With Peridot, it's because green is my favourite colour, and the subtle, 'milky' tones really set it alive.
Infinity Star is a bit of an exception; even though I generally don't approve of black toys, the streaks of purple and blue add an interesting, mysterious feel, and the glitter sprinkled throughout gives it some 'magic'. It really captures the galactic theme perfectly!

Oh, and now that I'm reminded, Night Shift and Mars are two other fantastic colour combos! :misc1:
֍Bad Dragon Addict ֍Aspiring Furry Artist ֍Avatar: TLA Fan ֍Happily Mated
Check out my reviews!: Flint (Mini 5 + Small 5)

Click to see toys owned/ wanted...
► Show Spoiler
thesharkwhisperer

Postby thesharkwhisperer » Sun Feb 28, 2016 8:38 am

Infinity Star, no hesitation. Okay maybe I'm biased because I am obsessed with GOTG.
History nerd - Dino lover - Pokémon - HUBBADUH
DarkGarnet394

Postby DarkGarnet394 » Sun Feb 28, 2016 1:13 pm

I do love the garnet color because well its my birthstone color so that is one reason another being that its red which is a favorite color of mine I'd have to say the glow in the dark blue does look nice too
~~Loving Life Now~~
Hoofs_N_Horns

Postby Hoofs_N_Horns » Sun Feb 28, 2016 4:57 pm

Does Aurora count? :smile: I think it's the rarest promotional color but it was really only a raffle and not for sale...

My favorite birthstone colors without a doubt were turquoise, tricolor alexandrite, and opal. Each different and absolutely beautiful. The only one I don't have yet is turquoise... still looking!

Relentlessly proud was cool because it was the first time rainbow toys were made widely available without having to pay an arm and a leg. Plus I really really like rainbows and rainbow colored things. And gay marriage being legalized was one of my proudest moments of being an American - I never thought I would see the day.

What I like almost as much as rainbows? Glow! :widesmile: I'm a huge fan of all the glow promotions: 4th kind, afterglow, bright blade colors, spooky seconds. Toy exclusive colors that glow. Gimme more!

Akanisen wrote:Hmm... there are a lot of colors I've liked over the years. I don't really think I have a "favorite" but some that come to mind at the start are the Smaug colors (hoarders hide, treasures gleam, greeds downfall), slasher silver will always be a favorite, and the halloween colors (sinister pumpkin etc.).

I had to search to discover what "Smaug colors" refers to. Here they are for anyone else who may be curious! Teenies were announced at the same time in December 2013.
► Show Spoiler

viewtopic.php?f=30&t=22364

DarkGarnet394 wrote:I do love the garnet color because well its my birthstone color so that is one reason another being that its red which is a favorite color of mine I'd have to say the glow in the dark blue does look nice too

Garnet is my birthstone too but I have never liked it as much as others :< Do you have a toy in garnet yet? I would like to see pictures because maybe I'm missing something.
Penetrables comparison: here
Elli

Postby Elli » Sun Feb 28, 2016 5:21 pm

This is going to sound really, really boring because my favourite colour is a grey one! It's got a highlight yeah, but there's no shiny and/or cool contrasting colours. It's just grey... :surprised:

image.jpg

I've got to admit that Night Shift colour looks pretty awesome too though! I don't have a toy in it but there was a Ridgeback in adoptions last year (in what I'm decently sure was a rogue version of it) that I looked at over and over and over again. I didn't know it was a promotional colour at the time so if it hadn't had a cumtube I'd have probably caved despite my lack of interest in that model.
Umbral

Postby Umbral » Sun Feb 28, 2016 7:03 pm

Infinity Star, Opal and Spooky seconds. Though all the halloween colors in general appeal to me. I also am a fan of Turquoise as well.
We Will Forever Be Known, By The Tracks We Leave Behind -Dakota Proverb

DarkGarnet394

Postby DarkGarnet394 » Sun Feb 28, 2016 7:17 pm

DarkGarnet394 wrote:I do love the garnet color because well its my birthstone color so that is one reason another being that its red which is a favorite color of mine I'd have to say the glow in the dark blue does look nice too

Garnet is my birthstone too but I have never liked it as much as others :< Do you have a toy in garnet yet? I would like to see pictures because maybe I'm missing something.[/quote]

Not at the moment i do plan on getting one i heard i can request the color so i long as i let the team lead on know that its going to be Garnet
~~Loving Life Now~~
Domina et Chimere

Postby Domina et Chimere » Sun Feb 28, 2016 11:34 pm

* Infinity Star, Halloween Black and Opal are my favorites! Close runners-up are the Alexandrite colors, the new Mars Ascending, and Spooky Seconds, because wow I'm weak for GITD.

I've got plans for almost all of the toys here, too. A large, soft Infinity Star tentacle (or something close, like a white + purple-black marble with gold dazzle effect), a small/medium metallic black + spooky seconds Cockatrice, and a small/medium Halloween Black Chimera are all on my wishlist, and I have an Opal toy that should be here Tuesday!
There's two of us behind the green screen, don't be alarmed!
Domina prefaces her words with a ♥ and/or in red, and Chimere prefaces her words with a ★ and/or in purple.
kittycat1356

Postby kittycat1356 » Sun Feb 28, 2016 11:47 pm

No one likes ruby? Darn I liked the promo pic of it and have a Kage coming with it :psyduck:

My favorite would have to be night shift after seeing it, but I love spooky seconds, sloppy seconds, slasher silver, rainbow, and I like how ruby looks in the pictures, but I dunno now no one has it :psyduck:

I'm not too big a fan of opal- the colors look too muted, do they look better in person ??
Demisexual LESBIAN kitty :mystery: <the babies want to be touched
Goliogon

Postby Goliogon » Mon Feb 29, 2016 8:12 am

kittycat1356 wrote:I'm not too big a fan of opal- the colors look too muted, do they look better in person ??

Definitely. I'm not even kidding... :bugeyed:
► Show Spoiler

Opal is a LOT brighter in person than the pics suggest!
Here's a stock pic of my 'Rogue-Opal' Sleipnir...
► Show Spoiler

Looks pretty much white, right? Now here it is in person...
► Show Spoiler

Bright blue! Who would'a thought?! :psyduck:
֍Bad Dragon Addict ֍Aspiring Furry Artist ֍Avatar: TLA Fan ֍Happily Mated
Check out my reviews!: Flint (Mini 5 + Small 5)

Click to see toys owned/ wanted...
► Show Spoiler
Jasmine

Postby Jasmine » Mon Feb 29, 2016 8:47 am

Of special sale colors, Kaiju Aftermath, Atomic Blue, Get Lucky, Turquoise, and Jupiter :)

Of the exclusive colors, I love Absolute Zero, Copperhead, Steampunk Stud, Night Drake, Feathered Serpent, Thoroughly Bred, and Permafrost :blush:
ImageImage
Rexamasaurus

Postby Rexamasaurus » Mon Feb 29, 2016 8:56 am

:psyduck: I can't decide.
Cherry Cordial maybe?
Or maybe spooky seconds?
But what about Duka-cola Quantum?
And there's full spectrum...
:psyduck:
reine

Postby reine » Mon Feb 29, 2016 12:27 pm

My favorite promo colour is Cherry Kisses! I love the dark brown/bright red-pink contrast. Kinda wishing I got another penetrable with it before the option went down, but I already have the only two penetrables I wanted (Lily and the Dragoness), so...

My favorite general site colours are Vasu's Copperhead, David's Dark Natural, Scorn's Golden Hoard, Clayton's Magma Drake, and Fenrir's Lightningrod. :buddy:
Love? Love fades away. But Bad Dragons? Bad Dragons are forever.
Shadow hound

Postby Shadow hound » Mon Feb 29, 2016 12:41 pm

Spooky seconds because you can add that to any toy ;) And it's GITD. I don't like solid colors. Turquoise looked very nice too. I Would've loved the slasher color but I dislike red details on toys because it reminds me of blood.
My Toys:
► Show Spoiler
kittycat1356

Postby kittycat1356 » Mon Feb 29, 2016 2:29 pm

Goliogon wrote:
kittycat1356 wrote:I'm not too big a fan of opal- the colors look too muted, do they look better in person ??

Definitely. I'm not even kidding... :bugeyed:
► Show Spoiler

Opal is a LOT brighter in person than the pics suggest!
Here's a stock pic of my 'Rogue-Opal' Sleipnir...
► Show Spoiler

Looks pretty much white, right? Now here it is in person...
► Show Spoiler

Bright blue! Who would'a thought?! :psyduck:

Huh maybe I need to get an opal just to see in person :stick: if its anything like tails and portholes opalish color I'm sure I'd love it >w< plus a great way to show off color is by placing your toy underwater for some reason it shows off colors better ^^~
Demisexual LESBIAN kitty :mystery: <the babies want to be touched
Vitani

Postby Vitani » Mon Feb 29, 2016 3:39 pm

kittycat1356 wrote:No one likes ruby? Darn I liked the promo pic of it and have a Kage coming with it :psyduck:

My favorite would have to be night shift after seeing it, but I love spooky seconds, sloppy seconds, slasher silver, rainbow, and I like how ruby looks in the pictures, but I dunno now no one has it :psyduck:

I'm not too big a fan of opal- the colors look too muted, do they look better in person ??

My Opal Royal Dragon in a pic taken wish flash to show over the pretty glitter and colors throughout~
Seriously gorgeous.
Royal2.png
Dusksong

Postby Dusksong » Mon Feb 29, 2016 4:18 pm

I'm kinda kicking myself for not getting a Turquoise. My Opal is quite nice too.

While it's not a promotion color I'm really fond of the new metallic marbles they have, I'm not sure how to describe them but I call my two "stone" and "steel", they were both rogues. Quite a few of the Echos were made in that style.
Image Be true, be brave, stand. All the rest is darkness. - Stephen King
* Toys for sale & Wanted in my profile! *
DraconianWolfess

Postby DraconianWolfess » Mon Feb 29, 2016 4:27 pm

AmethystSnake wrote:Image
I my absolute favorite is their Night Shift color! It's just perfect to me! It just looks so damn good in nearly any toy that I haven't been able to decide which one I'd like in that color. :D

Somehow I missed that promotion. When did they do that? I really love the mix of colors there, they just blend so well together. I would probably pass though since I am really not a fan of matte colors unless they are particularly spectacular fades, and even then I would prefer a metallic or pearl fade if it was possible. They did a really good job meshing colors there though.
DarkGarnet394

Postby DarkGarnet394 » Mon Feb 29, 2016 7:18 pm

Thought I gotta say It's a close call for the second between the Duke-Cola Quantum & the W-Red color because of the metallic in it if anyone has pictures that would be helpful :smile:
~~Loving Life Now~~
Laz

Postby Laz » Mon Feb 29, 2016 7:38 pm

Alexandrite and Greeds Downfall are both amazing. I'm seriously hankering after a Turquoise or Opal toy, though... gah. All these gorgeous pics of opal ones is not helping! I heard they cost $60 or so custom outside of sales though and I just can't do that. Maybe I'll get lucky with a drop.
Your polyamorous dragon pal! Memory like a leaky sieve! :mystery:

Return to “General Discussion”