Does anyone else get joy from collecting toys?

Discuss anything related to Bad Dragon here!
blakieee

Does anyone else get joy from collecting toys?

Postby blakieee » Wed Mar 02, 2016 9:54 pm

I feel like a complete weirdo but I actually do like collecting them. They're so fun and different and just fun to look at (although they are very much used). I've shown them to a few select friends and they were even amazed by them. I hope it's not just me x.x
ddcollector

Re: Does anyone else get joy from collecting toys?

Postby ddcollector » Wed Mar 02, 2016 10:03 pm

blakieee wrote:I feel like a complete weirdo but I actually do like collecting them. They're so fun and different and just fun to look at (although they are very much used). I've shown them to a few select friends and they were even amazed by them. I hope it's not just me x.x

Hrm ... I think I would have to say ... umm .... yes.
Proud owner of 428 dildos, 26 butt plugs, 29 vibrators, 13 cock rings and 6 penetrables
See my collection at https://ddcollector.tumblr.com and https://twitter.com/ddcollector1
lizardbreath

Postby lizardbreath » Thu Mar 03, 2016 12:20 am

blakieee wrote:I feel like a complete weirdo but I actually do like collecting them. They're so fun and different and just fun to look at (although they are very much used). I've shown them to a few select friends and they were even amazed by them. I hope it's not just me x.x

You are not alone! :)
You can have my caffeine when you pry it from my cold dead hands. And possibly not even then.
Pretzal queen!!
pls contact me if you saw anything in my collection you covet :) the worst i can do is say "no"
[
Lipton

Postby Lipton » Thu Mar 03, 2016 12:29 am

Yeah definetly... Not even 3 months ago I was not really interested in it... Now I already have 7 dildos and plan too buy 10 more...

Send HAAAALP :stick:
Toys I want to buy:
- Elypse Art: Neo & Vixen
- BD April Fool Toys: Red Rocket & Fire Hydrant

I'm located in Germany, feel free to send me a message if you're selling one of these.
Sans

Postby Sans » Thu Mar 03, 2016 12:37 am

I too get a lot of fun, and joy from them! I love to go "Windows shopping" and see what pretties the adoptions page has, and I often can't stop wonder how the other side of each toy might look like! It's kinda exciting to me. :widesmile:

I've brought five toys in the last three weeks time, so yeah I also love to collect these dongs, I use them, but I also really enjoy just to take them out, and admire their unique shape and color patterns! When I get a one of a kind toy, I can't help but feel happy, it make me feel that it's only mine, because no one else has something a 100% like the one I have. :nomnom:

I'm going to get a new box tomorrow, because I know I'll ran out of space soon, when the last few will arrive, haha.
blakieee

Postby blakieee » Thu Mar 03, 2016 8:30 am

Sans wrote:I too get a lot of fun, and joy from them! I love to go "Windows shopping" and see what pretties the adoptions page has, and I often can't stop wonder how the other side of each toy might look like! It's kinda exciting to me. :widesmile:

I've brought five toys in the last three weeks time, so yeah I also love to collect these dongs, I use them, but I also really enjoy just to take them out, and admire their unique shape and color patterns! When I get a one of a kind toy, I can't help but feel happy, it make me feel that it's only mine, because no one else has something a 100% like the one I have. :nomnom:

I'm going to get a new box tomorrow, because I know I'll ran out of space soon, when the last few will arrive, haha.

I do the same haha
I'm always "window shopping".
I can't seem to ever come up with pretty colors or ideas so I have the adoptions page for that ha.
Kaiser

Postby Kaiser » Thu Mar 03, 2016 8:39 am

i tend to enjoy the collecting of them as not only do they serve an enjoyment purpose but also serve as pretty things to look at especially those in colour schemes that suit a character or piece of art.

I have had to cut down on my collecting for the moment but sitting on about 21 toys atm :eyeroll: , but it does mean that i have become very picky when the adoption come about, it just amounts to me looking for a large gryphon or a nice Mary and if nothing takes my fancy i just go back to whatever i was doing. Still looking for a nice xl gryphon, wouldn't be able to use it but would look awesome :smile:
Reviews Completed
Medium Gryphon (viewtopic.php?f=6&t=33157&p=1065864#p1065864)
The Four Horsemen (Medium Bumble, Medium Chance, Rowan, Small Slepnir viewtopic.php?f=109&t=34995)
VVVV (Flared chance, tucker, sugerstar viewtopic.php?f=109&t=43844)
Duke's Lush Tush (viewtopic.php?f=109&t=46969)
Reviews In Progress
Elli

Postby Elli » Thu Mar 03, 2016 9:00 am

I have 26 of them, of course I do! :smile:
Knottery

Postby Knottery » Thu Mar 03, 2016 9:11 am

I'm at the 50+ point, so yeah, you could say I enjoy collecting. :misc6:
Rainbow Dasher

Postby Rainbow Dasher » Thu Mar 03, 2016 2:03 pm

Yup. *Looks at sig* I do use them, though, so I wouldn't say I'm just collecting them. However I do have plans, eventually, to get a toy I will never be able to use, just for display purposes.
Pansexual|Married|Writer|Artist|Foodie|Pegasister|Spiritual|Crafter|Blogger|Adrenaline Junkie|Furry| Owns a lot of fucking dicks.
Niah

Postby Niah » Thu Mar 03, 2016 3:17 pm

I use all of mine depending on my mood. I'm not likely to buy one I can't use, unless I spy a pretty Meng and grab it before it vanishes; I'd just use him as a display since he's a bit too small and oddly shaped for me. I'd like a medium Hanns, but I'm waiting for a very pretty one to drop or a pretty promo color.
31/Asexual/Genderfluid (biologically female).

See my profile for a list of the toys I own. Please do not solicit me about selling any of my toys.
Fae Fantase

Postby Fae Fantase » Thu Mar 03, 2016 4:00 pm

Me too :widesmile:! Sadly my lover doesn't agree with me collecting them even if they all get used :misc6: :unamused:. They are happy owning just two penetrables from different companies. I need to sell half my collection. Several were impulse buys so not all worked out for me.

I used to just see them as tools now I see the value in different colors and collecting them. It's not my most expensive collection even if my fastest grown one. I wish others could see the value in the different textures and feel to those of us who use insertables.
I've sold toys to over 17 different homes.
AltheaThune

Postby AltheaThune » Thu Mar 03, 2016 4:31 pm

Since October, collecting BD toys has kind of become my main hobby. I have a bunch of toys I haven't even tried yet because I don't get in the mood to toy that often, but I still love having them, thinking about them, thinking about what custom colors I would order if I could, etc.

I'm drawn to models with an aesthetically appealing shape that also looks like it would feel good in use. I now have pretty much every model I'm interested in, some in more than one size or firmness. I also have a few toys that weren't on my list but ended up as impulse buys during a drop, because I am a total sucker for a pretty pour. I don't like Clayton's shape, but bought a mini because he was a gorgeous metallic gold/silver/teal. I don't think Meng will suit my body (too straight and too scaly) but I ordered one in the last drop because it was Aurora.

I'm lucky to have free time during the afternoon when most of the drops happen. Scrolling through the adoptions looking for pretty pours is fun for me, and getting my hands on something pretty gives me a little brief high. I hope to gradually upgrade my collection with more pretty pours.

I also like photographing my toys, trying to pose them flatteringly in different combinations.
FOR SALE: Mountain Drake (OS/5), Legacy Naga (S/8), Sleipnir (S/5), Sleipnir (Mini/3), Trent (M/5), Tyson (S/5). Additional info in my profile. PM me for details.
nevan

Postby nevan » Thu Mar 03, 2016 9:35 pm

The idea of toys creeped me out until I stumbled upon the world of fantasy toys (through a joke tumblr post, no less - the BD Tentacle one that someone thought was 'happy dinosaurs'). I got curious, looked up BD in Summer 2015; and have had a drastic growth of toys since (I never thought I'd own more than 6 at the most - I have 13 currently).

I'm more into the aesthetics of them, honestly - there's so many different styles, and pours - they're just so pretty. Plus, silicone is fun to squish in your hands.

I'm trying to be more realistic in my dick purchases, though - no more knotted toys, as they rarely work well for me in-use; some texture is preferred over totally smooth; and anything longer than roughly 7 inches is too long for vaginal use for me.

It's a-dick-ting (sorry, it was there), collecting silicone fantasy toys.
Darkenedstar14

Postby Darkenedstar14 » Thu Mar 03, 2016 9:56 pm

If I had more money I would be a HUGE collector! :widesmile:

I would, honestly, buy one for decorative purposes if i could. Perhaps the tentacle or meng.

My Terra was a paperweight for a while before I traded it. I didn't like it as much as I thought I would, but it was still a cool design and a beautiful color. I couldn't bring myself to lock it away.
•~•Have you seen all the new CockSocks yet?•~•

Swag Wish List
Teenie - Weenies:
David ~ "Gunner" (I know they're out there...)

See Profile Page for Secondhand Info!
Umbral

Postby Umbral » Thu Mar 03, 2016 10:03 pm

Considering that I started the year with one and now have 13 toys with 2 being made, 3 in the mail (FB eggs) and plans to order at least 4 more from BD alone (not including my hubby's Janine which is just fun to squish), it's safe to say I enjoy collecting the toys. I love the colors and texture of the toys as well as their unique designs and colorations. A bunch of them were impulse bought while waiting for other toys to be made.
We Will Forever Be Known, By The Tracks We Leave Behind -Dakota Proverb

3TK

Postby 3TK » Thu Mar 03, 2016 10:16 pm

I get a lot of joy out of buying and trying out new toys. I just absolutely love all of the exotic toy models out there. :widesmile: Not just from BD, but from other places as well! The fact that my SO loves to watch me play/help (and now even joins in!) and encourages me makes it all the better!

If I had more money, I'd likely be making more purchases. Oh well. Guess for now I'll just keep dreaming up what I want for my next order(s) in the near or far future. :misc1: :dukeretro:
Rexamasaurus

Postby Rexamasaurus » Fri Mar 04, 2016 9:20 am

Um... I started buying from BD in October last year...
Now I have like 30ish between insertables and penatrateables.
You could call that collecting. :widesmile:
I blame Pokémon :psyduck:
Naz

Postby Naz » Fri Mar 04, 2016 10:05 pm

I've had to really stop myself from collecting them. I was really just buying for the fun of it for awhile XD. Now I'm looking at buying my first home and I REALLY have to stop buying on a collector's impulse :dukeretro:
Casma

Postby Casma » Fri Mar 04, 2016 11:18 pm

Yeah i for sure like the collecting aspect. As the owner of a small vagina and no interest in anal the amount of toys i can really enjoy is pretty small. Honestly if i just had my one favorite vibe I'd be stratified forever...

But they're pretty! And i live alone so i can display them. It's fun to reach for them once in awhile to use. Wouldn't get a toy i can't use, at least. I have 6? I think from bd. And a good deal more from tantus and a few other high end brands. I still just always reach for my favorite trusty vibe though!

Return to “General Discussion”