Second hand Adoptions Abound :

Discuss anything related to Bad Dragon here!
Fae Fantase

Re: Second hand Adoptions Abound :

Postby Fae Fantase » Thu Jun 08, 2017 12:46 am

Zaphora wrote:BLACKLIST UPDATED

You're amazing :misc2: ! Yet sad to see you had to deal with this to make the list :doh:!

Bought this gorgeous mini TTC Cortez in Galactic Sentinel. If the seller is ok with me listing them by name I will because they were great to work with :widesmile: ! I didn't think I ever would've tried out Cortez due to size/sudden bulge. 'Til I saw this too pretty to pass up beaut.
I've sold toys to over 17 different homes.
Gamma Velorum

Postby Gamma Velorum » Thu Jun 08, 2017 2:57 pm

@Raya
Yay, you're super welcome! ^.^
Grimly Fiendish

Postby Grimly Fiendish » Fri Jun 09, 2017 9:39 pm

Zaphora wrote:BLACKLIST UPDATED

True I have lost over 16 toys so that's a good 1,600 down the drain considering many were xl size...

Thank you for maintaining a list! That is a real public service.

I wish there was a BD GoFundMe to help buy you a replacement toy. "The Keeper of the List" fund.

:nerdy:
lizardbreath

Postby lizardbreath » Fri Jun 09, 2017 9:56 pm

is there a gallery of toys that have been stolen?
that would really help us to ID trade thieves

it would also avoid the name-and-shame problem
You can have my caffeine when you pry it from my cold dead hands. And possibly not even then.
Pretzal queen!!
pls contact me if you saw anything in my collection you covet :) the worst i can do is say "no"
[
Gamma Velorum

Postby Gamma Velorum » Fri Jun 09, 2017 10:19 pm

That would be a potentially useful idea, lizardbreath!
Varanid

Postby Varanid » Fri Jun 09, 2017 11:34 pm

I've actually been eyeing at least one toy in the secondhand forum but have been a little reluctant cause i'm leaving for the uk in a day and a half and don't want to be a inconvenience to the seller......if only I had seen it a week or so earlier >.<

I guess I'll wait til around when I come back and hope for the best...

For Centuries It Slept Far Below the Sea...
lizardbreath

Postby lizardbreath » Sat Jun 10, 2017 1:26 am

Gamma Velorum wrote:That would be a potentially useful idea, lizardbreath!

ideas on a format?

"the lost and the missing"

x toy went missing around y time
and then pics?
You can have my caffeine when you pry it from my cold dead hands. And possibly not even then.
Pretzal queen!!
pls contact me if you saw anything in my collection you covet :) the worst i can do is say "no"
[
Gamma Velorum

Postby Gamma Velorum » Sat Jun 10, 2017 2:08 am

lizardbreath wrote:

ideas on a format?

and then pics?

I think you've got a really good idea!!
lizardbreath

Postby lizardbreath » Sat Jun 10, 2017 6:15 am

Gamma Velorum wrote:
lizardbreath wrote:

ideas on a format?

and then pics?

I think you've got a really good idea!!

Thread started :smilenox:
Pretzal queen!!
[
nevan

Postby nevan » Sat Jun 17, 2017 1:40 pm

I bought this small Pretzal from Lizardbreath back in May and I love it so much. <3

Size Small, Soft (0030) firmness. Amethyst and Jupiter pride streak with Starlight Glow Spooky Seconds. Suction cup - flopped due to some odd trimming on the base, but the suction cup still works fairly well.

I have a medium, too - this model just works with my body so well. :misc2: :blush:
memphs

Postby memphs » Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:48 pm

I don't buy secondhand as often as I sell, but I'm very happy with the ones I have gotten! I also had a mini Crackers, but he's been rehomed. My secondhand experience overall has been very good, I'm lucky to have never had a bad one yet.

Female | Bi | 25 | Single | 49 Toys | 9 Eggs

Waiting On
None!

WTS List
► Show Spoiler

WTB List
► Show Spoiler
HighlandMistress

Postby HighlandMistress » Sat Jul 08, 2017 1:59 pm

This is less waiting on a toy and more frustration. But does anyone else hate it when people don't message back. Like even if you sold it to someone else or someone else messaged first tell me. It drives me insane. I've found too generally it's bad sellers that have a problem with it. But not always. It's just frustrating. Let me know so I know if I need to be saving this money for the toy or not. Or if I should let me hopes go.
Fugletid

Postby Fugletid » Sat Jul 08, 2017 2:58 pm

Felt weird that I had someone ask to buy a toy, so I sent them a paypal invoice... then they kept claiming in different ways that they couldn't see it, and then when I sent them the direct link they said it wasn't working, and then they asked if they could pay in parts... :T

I gotta check back on some of my previous sales though, and make sure they got their toys. It kinda sucks being from a country where shipping things with tracking starts at 32 Euro. :doh:
I do toy sculpts! Sculptor of the XCA Spadix and base concept for the PFC Elva. Oh and also needlefelt! <3

Selling: Not much right now, but a bunch of M-sized chest binders!

PM me about joining the fantasy toy discord! We're friendly and low-drama! :widesmile:
thesharkwhisperer

Postby thesharkwhisperer » Sat Jul 08, 2017 3:36 pm

Fugletid wrote:Felt weird that I had someone ask to buy a toy, so I sent them a paypal invoice... then they kept claiming in different ways that they couldn't see it, and then when I sent them the direct link they said it wasn't working, and then they asked if they could pay in parts... :T

I gotta check back on some of my previous sales though, and make sure they got their toys. It kinda sucks being from a country where shipping things with tracking starts at 32 Euro. :doh:

Starts at 32€ here too, pretty much. I realized the only way to make sale was to take a chunk off shipping and cover it off my own pocket, and that was usually still not enough. I ended up losing so much money on sales I don't think it is worth making a new sale post for the dozen toys I don't use anymore.

Also, don't let them pay in parts. I have been holding toys for the last 8 months because the buyer wanted to pay in parts.
History nerd - Dino lover - Pokémon - HUBBADUH
Frostyg

Postby Frostyg » Sat Jul 08, 2017 4:11 pm

HighlandMistress wrote:This is less waiting on a toy and more frustration. But does anyone else hate it when people don't message back. Like even if you sold it to someone else or someone else messaged first tell me. It drives me insane. I've found too generally it's bad sellers that have a problem with it. But not always. It's just frustrating. Let me know so I know if I need to be saving this money for the toy or not. Or if I should let me hopes go.

I was wondering if i am alone wirh this. I wrote two sellers and not one of them replied, message is delivered and still, not a single simple "nope sold" or anything along this line. It feels weird - if they dont want to sell it, why do they post it there in the first place?
Well now i need to wait and hope that someone else wil be selling what i wanted...
lizardbreath

Postby lizardbreath » Sat Jul 08, 2017 5:29 pm

I keep getting pissed off when people can't be arsed to read the "secondhand code of conduct"
The one pinned at the top of the freaking page
viewtopic.php?f=134&t=31529
Pretzal queen!!
[
lizardbreath

Postby lizardbreath » Sat Jul 08, 2017 5:33 pm

Imgur pics piss me off too :angry:
They crash my ancient ipad :doh:
Pretzal queen!!
[
HighlandMistress

Postby HighlandMistress » Sat Jul 08, 2017 5:56 pm

Frostyg wrote:
HighlandMistress wrote:This is less waiting on a toy and more frustration. But does anyone else hate it when people don't message back. Like even if you sold it to someone else or someone else messaged first tell me. It drives me insane. I've found too generally it's bad sellers that have a problem with it. But not always. It's just frustrating. Let me know so I know if I need to be saving this money for the toy or not. Or if I should let me hopes go.

I was wondering if i am alone wirh this. I wrote two sellers and not one of them replied, message is delivered and still, not a single simple "nope sold" or anything along this line. It feels weird - if they dont want to sell it, why do they post it there in the first place?
Well now i need to wait and hope that someone else wil be selling what i wanted...

Yeah. Like I try to message again with a follow up message asking to be told if a toy sold or they decided not to sell just so i won't sit there and worry about it. But it's frustrating too when you're excited about a toy and then they don't respond. :crying: I've had a streak of crappy sellers lately.
HighlandMistress

Postby HighlandMistress » Sat Jul 08, 2017 5:57 pm

lizardbreath wrote:Imgur pics piss me off too :angry:
They crash my ancient ipad :doh:

See what I don't understand is imgur even gives you the link formatted for the website. Just put the pics in the post.
Aether Sergal

Postby Aether Sergal » Sat Jul 08, 2017 6:28 pm

I still feel bad about this time I sold my flint to rispy_girl, because I was stressed out and in a rush, I just packaged it so badly, I even forgot to put it in a bag, so it got decorative easter grass all over it.
Hoard
Echo [S/5]
Tuquoise SOLD
Pretzal [S/5] Tri-color Alexandrite SOLD
Flint [S/8]
Steampunk stud (CT) SOLD
Kelvin [XL/3] "Rogue" (SC)
Snow leopard [OS/3] NocturnesSignature (SC) SOLD
Echo [Mi/5] "Rouge" SOLD
Ika [M/3]
Custom fade
Blaze [M/3] Vasus Signature
AKN [S] Wind Egg Clutch
Roland [L/3] Custom marble
Bumble [M/3] Custom marble

Sold to: Bloodwolf, theambernerd, Lookbehindyou, Gamma Velorum, Rispy_Girl.

Return to “General Discussion”