April Fools Slugs.

Discuss anything related to Bad Dragon here!
Sanctga

Re: April Fools Slugs.

Postby Sanctga » Fri Apr 01, 2016 5:45 am

I actually don't find them that expensive considering the large one is about the size of a medium Nox. If it wouldn't be for the international shipping and customs costs I'd surely get a set.
JeenaLight

Postby JeenaLight » Fri Apr 01, 2016 5:47 am

The slugs really tickle my fancy (it's a local thing, slug based humor is universally accepted) but with a Con in 7 days? I can't let that $50 out of my hands. And it sucks.
The list of things I want to write never stops growing. In fact I'm almost drowning in them! Help! *Glub, glub*
thesharkwhisperer

Postby thesharkwhisperer » Fri Apr 01, 2016 5:50 am

Sanctga wrote:I actually don't find them that expensive considering the large one is about the size of a medium Nox. If it wouldn't be for the international shipping and customs costs I'd surely get a set.

Are they that big ? Given the bottles of lube they are shown with in the pictures, they look like they are barely higher than said bottles once put vertically.
History nerd - Dino lover - Pokémon - HUBBADUH
Phelvia

Postby Phelvia » Fri Apr 01, 2016 5:52 am

Probably going to get people mad at me for bringing this up in this topic (really, im not trying to stir up stuff) but....
To keep you from being salty this April Fools' Day

Anyone else feel a slight slap to the face with that, regarding whats happened this week?
Maybe that's not how they meant it, and I don't expect mods/CS to explain (as they may know just as much as us) but...damn.
3TK

Postby 3TK » Fri Apr 01, 2016 5:54 am

Considering past April Fools' items, I honestly feel a bit let-down by the Slugs. They feel...I dunno...rushed somehow?

I don't really have a major slug or snail fetish, so not even the large one appeals to me (which I think is the coolest bit of it since you can use it for...purposes).

Also, this bit:
"To keep you from being salty this April Fools' Day,"

Ouch. Really? :eyeroll: I know it's just trying to play some humor, but don't do it at your own faithful customer's expenses'. That's like being spat in the face with recent events.
Amaranthe

Postby Amaranthe » Fri Apr 01, 2016 5:56 am

Phelvia wrote:Probably going to get people mad at me for bringing this up in this topic (really, im not trying to stir up stuff) but....

Anyone else feel a slight slap to the face with that, regarding whats happened this week?
Maybe that's not how they meant it, and I don't expect mods/CS to explain (as they may know just as much as us) but...damn.

I already mentioned this. I gave it side-eye so hard. I know they probably don't mean it that way and are trying to be light-hearted, but dang. TACT, BD. Tact.
thesharkwhisperer wrote:
Sanctga wrote:I actually don't find them that expensive considering the large one is about the size of a medium Nox. If it wouldn't be for the international shipping and customs costs I'd surely get a set.

Are they that big ? Given the bottles of lube they are shown with in the pictures, they look like they are barely higher than said bottles once put vertically.

The big ones are 7inches around by 7 inches long, which is comparable, but the shape is so tapered I think it makes it seem smaller, you know? I think everyone would have been very happy with smaller ones at a smaller price. I really do love them, and think a giant slug would be hilarious, but oh well. :unamused:
Sanctga

Postby Sanctga » Fri Apr 01, 2016 5:59 am

thesharkwhisperer wrote:Are they that big ? Given the bottles of lube they are shown with in the pictures, they look like they are barely higher than said bottles once put vertically.

I guess those are only the small ones. The chart below says the big one is 7" long and has a diameter of 2.5". That's as long and even thicker than what the measures on a medium Nox say.
Phelvia

Postby Phelvia » Fri Apr 01, 2016 6:07 am

Amaranthe wrote:
Phelvia wrote:Probably going to get people mad at me for bringing this up in this topic (really, im not trying to stir up stuff) but....

I already mentioned this. I gave it side-eye so hard. I know they probably don't mean it that way and are trying to be light-hearted, but dang. TACT, BD. Tact.

Part of me feels like they knew what they were doing. Like....they should know taking away bruce/colors are bound to make people salty. Like really, I doubt they are oblivious. Their statement though, it's not blunt like "to distract you from our recent actions;SLUGS!" So we can't say "they meant it this way" when they could be saying "oh yeah don't be salty after being pranked all day, have slugs". Still pretty lacking in tact either way.
thesharkwhisperer

Postby thesharkwhisperer » Fri Apr 01, 2016 6:09 am

Oooh makes sense. I didn't look at the sizes, just the pics, but you're right about that.

And the "to keep you from being salty" is pretty obvious, imo.
History nerd - Dino lover - Pokémon - HUBBADUH
Amaranthe

Postby Amaranthe » Fri Apr 01, 2016 6:13 am

Phelvia wrote:
Amaranthe wrote:

Part of me feels like they knew what they were doing. Like....they should know taking away bruce/colors are bound to make people salty. Like really, I doubt they are oblivious. Their statement though, it's not blunt like "to distract you from our recent actions;SLUGS!" So we can't say "they meant it this way" when they could be saying "oh yeah don't be salty after being pranked all day, have slugs". Still pretty lacking in tact either way.

I agree. It sort of makes it feel like they aren't taking the fact that many of us are upset seriously. :unamused: I dunno, I'm probably just seeing things from the bottom of the salt lake I've been swimming in.
AlphaBlue

Postby AlphaBlue » Fri Apr 01, 2016 6:20 am

3TK wrote:Considering past April Fools' items, I honestly feel a bit let-down by the Slugs. They feel...I dunno...rushed somehow?

I don't really have a major slug or snail fetish, so not even the large one appeals to me (which I think is the coolest bit of it since you can use it for...purposes).

Kingsley mentioned something about them being back in the Fallout promo and I think he was right. I don't remember seeing the pic myself, but a post or two mentioned them being on the Blast Radius CD page covering up the names of the songs that hadn't been released yet. So at minimum they've had them around since then, but whether they were planned for today since then who can say :mystery: It does feel pretty random, but then I guess all the previous years have been too lol.
"Now these are the laws of the jungle, and many and mighty are they;
But the head and the hoof of the law and the haunch and the hump is—Obey!"

- Rudyard Kipling, The Law of the Jungle
Image Image Image Image Image
-Icons & Avatar by Chibity-
M13t

Postby M13t » Fri Apr 01, 2016 6:23 am

I think most of us can agree that they've been doing some shitty things recently and throughout their history, but I think everyone is over-analyzing the statement.
"To keep you from being salty this April Fools' Day."
So I do believe they are referring to this as well:
Phelvia wrote:they could be saying "oh yeah don't be salty after being pranked all day, have slugs". Still pretty lacking in tact either way.

No matter what they could have done today, it still would have pissed people off lmao.
► Show Spoiler
Phelvia

Postby Phelvia » Fri Apr 01, 2016 6:25 am

Amaranthe wrote:I agree. It sort of makes it feel like they aren't taking the fact that many of us are upset seriously. :unamused: I dunno, I'm probably just seeing things from the bottom of the salt lake I've been swimming in.

Eh, same here. But hypothetically, shouldn't BD have some kind of clue what they're doing isn't making people happy? Like...I feel ridiculous when I seen that statement and immediately thought "Are they making a joke of what they've did?" Instead of "Oh thats....a thing"
I doubt that no one informs higher ups about our complaints, be it on the forums or through CS. We send in enough of them.
I also feel bad complaining about this because I feel like a buzzkill. But no word with what BD's course of action is, or why things are happening makes me pretty salty too....
/rant for now. :unamused:
AlphaBlue

Postby AlphaBlue » Fri Apr 01, 2016 6:26 am

I think most of us can agree the joke backfired on them anyway :stick: I mean these things are getting a pretty good deal of salt as it is lol.
"Now these are the laws of the jungle, and many and mighty are they;
But the head and the hoof of the law and the haunch and the hump is—Obey!"

- Rudyard Kipling, The Law of the Jungle
Image Image Image Image Image
-Icons & Avatar by Chibity-
M13t

Postby M13t » Fri Apr 01, 2016 6:28 am

Phelvia wrote:
Eh, same here. But hypothetically, shouldn't BD have some kind of clue what they're doing isn't making people happy?

They are going to make money regardless of how pissed off they make us, so from a business standpoint, they may as well make their jobs easier by offering less
► Show Spoiler
Amaranthe

Postby Amaranthe » Fri Apr 01, 2016 6:28 am

Phelvia wrote:
Amaranthe wrote:I agree. It sort of makes it feel like they aren't taking the fact that many of us are upset seriously. :unamused: I dunno, I'm probably just seeing things from the bottom of the salt lake I've been swimming in.

Eh, same here. But hypothetically, shouldn't BD have some kind of clue what they're doing isn't making people happy? Like...I feel ridiculous when I seen that statement and immediately thought "Are they making a joke of what they've did?" Instead of "Oh thats....a thing"
I doubt that no one informs higher ups about our complaints, be it on the forums or through CS. We send in enough of them.
I also feel bad complaining about this because I feel like a buzzkill. But no word with what BD's course of action is, or why things are happening makes me pretty salty too....

I agree. I know they don't really read the forums and I doubt the mods pass much on. Just blah. :unamused:
Phelvia

Postby Phelvia » Fri Apr 01, 2016 6:30 am

Phelvia wrote:

M13t wrote:No matter what they could have done today, it still would have pissed people off lmao.

Eh....maybe, maybe not. If they gave us insight but their recent actions I, personally, would be grateful. Maybe still complain, depends on what they said.
But yeah I probably would have complained in the topic if BD announced anything else they were selling today either way (instead of paying attention to the elephant in the room).

Whoops, meant to edit my original post. Sorry guys, my phone doesn't like me >_>
karla-chan

Postby karla-chan » Fri Apr 01, 2016 6:37 am

I feel like I missed something important? So what did BD do recently to upset people? Do people have links? Since people feel that the salty comment could be a dig?

I am really curious? What happened?
3TK

Postby 3TK » Fri Apr 01, 2016 6:38 am

AlphaBlue wrote:Kingsley mentioned something about them being back in the Fallout promo and I think he was right. I don't remember seeing the pic myself, but a post or two mentioned them being on the Blast Radius CD page covering up the names of the songs that hadn't been released yet. So at minimum they've had them around since then, but whether they were planned for today since then who can say :mystery: It does feel pretty random, but then I guess all the previous years have been too lol.

Ah! Interesting! I didn't know that. That's actually...kind of cool then. Sort of like an Easter Egg of sorts for those with good eyes (and knowledge of that promotion). (To be fair, I didn't pay close attention to the Dragontech stuff.)

So, I guess it's kind of neat they've made them available if they've been around since then, and now are purchasable as kind of a fallback (and joke!) to that. :dukeretro:

Phelvia wrote:

I'm in this camp. :unamused: Maybe I am just too cynical for my own good, but the first thing I thought of wasn't "oh hey, this is entirely an April Fools' joke! Including the text! It's entirely lighthearted and meant to be fun!" it was "...wait, are they making fun of us?"

► Show Spoiler
Kith

Postby Kith » Fri Apr 01, 2016 6:39 am

karla-chan wrote:I feel like I missed something important? So what did BD do recently to upset people? Do people have links? Since people feel that the salty comment could be a dig?

I am really curious? What happened?

The small Hanns and Bruce disappearing, as well as a lot of colorations.
"I have often wondered since that day if I am the only veterinary surgeon to have used an artificial vagina as a defensive weapon" -- James Herriot, The Lord God Made Them All

Demisexual with BDSM kinks

Return to “General Discussion”