April Fools Slugs.

Discuss anything related to Bad Dragon here!
Phelvia

Re: April Fools Slugs.

Postby Phelvia » Fri Apr 01, 2016 7:06 am

karla-chan wrote:
That doesn't seem like a wise move at all, the only thing that would make getting rid of Bruce and Hans make sense if there were going to replace it with something new.

However I can see why people are getting upset at things like that having to be fully custom now. Since it is something they have always offered. I don't get the logic behind not making a news article to give people warning either. Since that kind of thing would boost sales. Since people would rush in if they didn't want to miss out forever.

I can really understand why people are upset. Then take offence to the salt comment.

Nope, not a wise move at all. Which is why I feel like BD is slowly killing itself. I don't understand why this is happening, maybe the custom colors are a cash grab, but getting rid of the only dual shafted toy, which helped a niche of people that are into that....whyyyy? Not sure where BD's direction is headed anymore

Tl; Dr
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KeoYsbMj0ME
Bascially BD's forums/community right now.
Last edited by Phelvia on Fri Apr 01, 2016 7:07 am, edited 2 times in total.
thesharkwhisperer

Postby thesharkwhisperer » Fri Apr 01, 2016 7:07 am

M13t wrote:Oh, lmao, did anyone else notice that you can't even get the Mars coloration???? It's a f***ing PROMO ffs

Which model did you check ? It appears as a simple orange square in the middle of the other single colors, so it's confusing to find as it doesn't look like the promo page at all.
History nerd - Dino lover - Pokémon - HUBBADUH
M13t

Postby M13t » Fri Apr 01, 2016 7:07 am

Hailfall wrote:
M13t wrote:Oh, lmao, did anyone else notice that you can't even get the Mars coloration???? It's a f***ing PROMO ffs

Uh yes you can? I just checked in the dropdown menu by Bumblehooves (as a random toy) and saw that you can still select that.

Edited: My bad!!!
Last edited by M13t on Fri Apr 01, 2016 7:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
► Show Spoiler
M13t

Postby M13t » Fri Apr 01, 2016 7:08 am

thesharkwhisperer wrote:

Which model did you check ? It appears as a simple orange square in the middle of the other single colors, so it's confusing to find as it doesn't look like the promo page at all.

My bad my bad my bad guys.
I overlooked it. MY BAD GUYS LOVE YOU
► Show Spoiler
karla-chan

Postby karla-chan » Fri Apr 01, 2016 7:13 am

Phelvia wrote:
karla-chan wrote:
That doesn't seem like a wise move at all, the only thing that would make getting rid of Bruce and Hans make sense if there were going to replace it with something new.

However I can see why people are getting upset at things like that having to be fully custom now. Since it is something they have always offered. I don't get the logic behind not making a news article to give people warning either. Since that kind of thing would boost sales. Since people would rush in if they didn't want to miss out forever.

I can really understand why people are upset. Then take offence to the salt comment.

Nope, not a wise move at all. Which is why I feel like BD is slowly killing itself. I don't understand why this is happening, maybe the custom colors are a cash grab, but getting rid of the only dual shafted toy, which helped a niche of people that are into that....whyyyy? Not sure where BD's direction is headed anymore

Tl; Dr
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KeoYsbMj0ME
Bascially BD's forums/community right now.

I agree with you, they don't have another shark, nor a duel shafted toy. Which I should imagine both have a market. I know if I was with a woman, I would quite like the idea of something like a Bruce to toy with together. I do think when the customer is making reasonable requests that they should be listened to by the company.

If they can't for some reason, it is at least a good idea to explain why to give people some understanding.
kingsley

Postby kingsley » Fri Apr 01, 2016 7:15 am

I didn't even notice it at first, but ya the logo pretty much kills it for me.

the price isn't really even all that much as far as BD april fools items go TBH(not to say I don't think it's a bit much)... pretty sure the freeman and a couple others they've done were around $50 tho.

also, can pretty much guarantee you you wont get pretty slugs like in the picture... :stick:
Image Image Image Image Image Image
those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
M13t

Postby M13t » Fri Apr 01, 2016 7:18 am

kingsley wrote:
also, can pretty much guarantee you you wont get pretty slugs like in the picture... :stick:

Curious, why do you think that?
► Show Spoiler
AlphaBlue

Postby AlphaBlue » Fri Apr 01, 2016 7:20 am

M13t wrote:
kingsley wrote:

Curious, why do you think that?

Murphy's Law? :stick:
"Now these are the laws of the jungle, and many and mighty are they;
But the head and the hoof of the law and the haunch and the hump is—Obey!"

- Rudyard Kipling, The Law of the Jungle
Image Image Image Image Image
-Icons & Avatar by Chibity-
Casma

Postby Casma » Fri Apr 01, 2016 7:20 am

Random question time:

Would y'all order the slugs if they were in aurora/rainbow ribbon?
Amaranthe

Postby Amaranthe » Fri Apr 01, 2016 7:24 am

Casma wrote:Random question time:

:psyduck:

That's a good question! I'm already slightly tempted because I love slugs, but I might be more tempted if they were RR. If I could just get a smaller one, I would definitely do it.
thesharkwhisperer

Postby thesharkwhisperer » Fri Apr 01, 2016 7:26 am

Nope. Still not giving $50 + shipping + customs for three similar squishies.
History nerd - Dino lover - Pokémon - HUBBADUH
reine

Postby reine » Fri Apr 01, 2016 7:28 am

karla-chan wrote:I feel like I missed something important? So what did BD do recently to upset people? Do people have links? Since people feel that the salty comment could be a dig?

I am really curious? What happened?

I think others have already covered this, but for a summary:

* Split lip colours for penetrables (ie. Grimm Spindle) were suddenly removed from the site
* Other toys began losing their Natural, Dark Natural, Light Natural, and toy-exclusive colours (link to a list of affected models; more changes listed here)
* Small Hanns was removed as an option
* Bruce (onesize) was removed from the site
* Many models lost their Custom Fade and/or Custom Split Fade options (list of affected models here)
* From the sounds of it (haven't checked yet), models are also starting to lose Custom Split Marble options
* Some models' remaining special colours have had their names changed to "[character]'s Signature" (ie. Sleipnir's "Mischief Mounted" is now "Sleipnir's Signature"

All of this without a word of warning or any sort of announcement. Not even Customer Service knows what's going on (or if they do, they're not allowed to say anything). :sniffing:

BD seems to be moving away from "Customize your own toys" and moving towards "Ready-made adoptions and cash-grabby promos".
Phelvia

Postby Phelvia » Fri Apr 01, 2016 7:33 am

For me...not really. I can't use these for toying(or at least I don't want to...slugs kind of freak me out. Unless we're talking about the really cool ones like sea slugs but even so...I don't want to use it as a toy)
I love RR toys but I'd prefer it on a model I want that I know I would be happy with.
Not saying if they were on the slugs they wouldn't be pretty. I can't justify paying $50 for something like this...and the logo kind of makes me go "uh...what?"
karla-chan

Postby karla-chan » Fri Apr 01, 2016 7:33 am

reine wrote:
karla-chan wrote:I feel like I missed something important? So what did BD do recently to upset people? Do people have links? Since people feel that the salty comment could be a dig?

I am really curious? What happened?

I think others have already covered this, but for a summary:

* Split lip colours for penetrables (ie. Grimm Spindle) were suddenly removed from the site
* Other toys began losing their Natural, Dark Natural, Light Natural, and toy-exclusive colours (link to a list of affected models; more changes listed here)
* Small Hanns was removed as an option
* Bruce (onesize) was removed from the site
* Many models lost their Custom Fade and/or Custom Split Fade options (list of affected models here)
* From the sounds of it (haven't checked yet), models are also starting to lose Custom Split Marble options
* Some models' remaining special colours have had their names changed to "[character]'s Signature" (ie. Sleipnir's "Mischief Mounted" is now "Sleipnir's Signature"

All of this without a word of warning or any sort of announcement. Not even Customer Service knows what's going on (or if they do, they're not allowed to say anything). :sniffing:

BD seems to be moving away from "Customize your own toys" and moving towards "Ready-made adoptions and cash-grabby promos".

Thanks for adding that, I am reading the: Where did Bruce go? Thread as well. I can really see why people see it as BD moving away from custom toys too. Since that is really a shame because it is one of the things I love about the company. It is really frustrating that they have not explained anything either.

Like promo's are fun, but they are not for everyone.
Amaranthe

Postby Amaranthe » Fri Apr 01, 2016 7:36 am

I think it's also upsetting because we've all been talking about things that we would like to see BD do (more original content, changes to the ordering process to make it a little smoother for customs, whatever) and all of this seems like they are going backwards, like completely the opposite. At this point I'm just riding it out. We'll see where we are when they get done with everything.
karla-chan

Postby karla-chan » Fri Apr 01, 2016 7:55 am

Amaranthe wrote:I think it's also upsetting because we've all been talking about things that we would like to see BD do (more original content, changes to the ordering process to make it a little smoother for customs, whatever) and all of this seems like they are going backwards, like completely the opposite. At this point I'm just riding it out. We'll see where we are when they get done with everything.

I think these are all really valid criticisms for the company.
Hoofs_N_Horns

Postby Hoofs_N_Horns » Fri Apr 01, 2016 8:04 am

M13t wrote:
Hoofs_N_Horns wrote:I would consider paying $20 for the big slug or maybe half that for the little ones :stick: I can't imagine paying so much for a purely novelty item.

Consider that the large is 7in long, by 7 around... that's a lot of silicone. And you can use it for sexy things, if that appeals to you.

Sure it's big. But that doesn't mean it's a good value when you consider usefulness of it. Like if it was 2x or 4x bigger it still wouldn't be worth $50 to me. Then again I wouldn't use it as an actual toy due to it looking exactly like a slug... eeek... it would at most be a fun little thing to look at and squeeze for stress relief.
Penetrables comparison: here
Dracon Ra

Postby Dracon Ra » Fri Apr 01, 2016 8:17 am

As much as I am pissed that we didn't get a warning about Bruce, I had just figired out the perfect colors for him... I do want a slug since the Fallout promo...
I will probably end up getting to sets of slugs and two pacs of teenies, for the shipping costs to make sense.

I would offer to include a set for other German customers.
reine

Postby reine » Fri Apr 01, 2016 8:24 am

Nah; $50 + $30 shipping + customs fee + CAD/USD exchange rate just doesn't seem worth it to me. :'( If they were smaller and cheaper (say... 3 small slugs for $20), they'd be a fun little trinket to toss into an order, but alas.

Kinda wishing we got teenie weenie slugs instead-- a pack of 5 tiny slugs would've been tempting, haha.
Casma

Postby Casma » Fri Apr 01, 2016 8:26 am

Omg teenie slugs would be precious!

Return to “General Discussion”