BD Conspiracy Theory

Discuss anything related to Bad Dragon here!
HungryStray

BD Conspiracy Theory

Postby HungryStray » Fri Apr 08, 2016 2:51 am

This was originally meant to be a reply post in another thread but at one point it got too long so I'm making it into its own thread instead. Throwing it under spoiler as well because I'm just literally unable to sleep and it's stupidly long winded and probably sounds like the ravings of a mad-man. Feel free to add to it though, or share your thoughts. :widesmile:

► Show Spoiler

TLDR: We might currently be witnessing the dildo equivalent of Armageddon.
Soooo... I'm doing reviews now! http://doeadeert.tumblr.com/

"Oh bliss! Bliss and heaven! Oh, it was gorgeousness and gorgeousity made flesh. It was like a bird of rarest-spun heaven metal or like silvery wine flowing in a spaceship, gravity all nonsense now. As I slooshied, I knew such lovely pictures!" Alex (Malcolm McDowell)

Controversy is the seeds of change and enlightenment. The fruits we harvest today will be the compost of tomorrow.
Vitani

Re: BD Conspiracy Theory

Postby Vitani » Fri Apr 08, 2016 3:59 am

I'm on my way out to work right now, so I did a quick read, sorry if I missed anything n.n;;

But these all seem like pretty viable points IMO. My only gripe as that BD needs to really come out and SAY some of this (though I can see why they wouldn't want to outright tell people 'hey were having money/order issues heheh...') but truthfully, Bad Dragon is KNOWN for it's customization, you can't just ignore that fact. That's what drew a lot of customers in the first place, and it continues to do so...it's even their mission statement. o.o Something that big warrants some kind of heads up or a slight explanation IMO.

CS reps keep telling people that it's for 'streamlining' ... but ultimately, the higher ups can't just make an announcement of this, with maybe a little hope, to clear up the frustration, confusion, and yes, feeling of betrayal? :doh:
That's where most of my ill feelings come from.
GreenLeopard87

Postby GreenLeopard87 » Fri Apr 08, 2016 4:15 am

As someone who's been buying from BD since 2009, I believe adoptions were their downfall.
1. They're prettier than customs
2. Customers quickly buy all they want, maxing out collections/wishlists, and naturally buying less with time.
3. Much more easily accessible, with shorter wait times.
4. The quality of adoptions is often better than customs.
5. Customs have been missing the mark for many.

Honestly, I think inventory sales have given BD a MASSIVE boost, but now it's starting to slow down. I used to buy a BD almost every other week. Now, it's been one two in the last two months or so, because I only want a select few toys. Not gonna get a custom because I don't know what I want. But if the right colors drop, I'll get an adoption instead.

So essentially, BD is shafting themselves because I would rather wait a year for the right adoption - which holds up money - than buy a half-assed custom. Case in point with a Medium 3 Apollo. I have been waiting for a pretty color for over a year now. Nothing appeals to me. So I won't buy adoptions or customs for that model/size/firmness combo. Also, the less firmness variety is crushing them, too. All of the Easter pastel toys were 5. Thanks, but sometimes we like soft or hard... :eyeroll:
Arumaeruma

Postby Arumaeruma » Fri Apr 08, 2016 4:28 am

I think we can talk and speculate all we want but at the end of the day the sole reason for irritation is them trying to do this under our noses. They pulled many colors and models and still kept the pictures up which is stupid and confusing. Saying its streamlining to make things easier doesn't make sense because having to ticket for an option is already confusing enough because it's not very explicit to do so and people would be less inclined to order something if it requires interaction. Any reference on how to get something is an old outdated forum post where things are dated.
I also agree with greenleopard about the adoptions. Most of mine are adoptioms and they're cheaper and prettier than a lot of what I could order in a custom. They do need more variety with dropping larger sizes and different firmnesses. I would have bought an Easter pastel if there was an XL in soft. I also do not like the promos they're doing, their zootopia one was so uninspired I couldn't help but groan. I wish they streamlined by slowing down releases. I would be happy with less releases if it meant still keeping the quality. Someone mentioned how after the mountain drake the quality of the sculpts has declined and it really shows. Seeing how different this business is from when I first started in 2014 is so off putting, but I guess if doesn't matter when their only focus is on new customers rather than continuing to please long time buyers. A new buyer isn't goimg to know about what WAS Offered, so what does it matter if they pull them?
HungryStray

Postby HungryStray » Fri Apr 08, 2016 4:37 am

Vitani wrote:I'm on my way out to work right now, so I did a quick read, sorry if I missed anything n.n;;

But these all seem like pretty viable points IMO. My only gripe as that BD needs to really come out and SAY some of this (though I can see why they wouldn't want to outright tell people 'hey were having money/order issues heheh...') but truthfully, Bad Dragon is KNOWN for it's customization, you can't just ignore that fact. That's what drew a lot of customers in the first place, and it continues to do so...it's even their mission statement. o.o Something that big warrants some kind of heads up or a slight explanation IMO.

CS reps keep telling people that it's for 'streamlining' ... but ultimately, the higher ups can't just make an announcement of this, with maybe a little hope, to clear up the frustration, confusion, and yes, feeling of betrayal? :doh:
That's where most of my ill feelings come from.

Oh no, I totally get you. :widesmile: I did mean to add somewhere that I'm not defending any actions or failure of action. I'm just as disappointed as the next guy because for all of the logic, it does kick me in a soft spot seeing something I enjoy with all of you fine people begin to circle the drain. For all of it, this is kind of my way of trying to stay optimistic. I found myself in the "Old News" part of the forums and got myself a good taste of some of the crap that used to go down here and even the difference between a couple years ago and now is startling. Thank god for the forum mods we have now, and for the competent CS staff.

Me, rambling again. But what I mean to say is that the company has seen turbulent times before through actions shady or not, but it has gotten better. The mood around here has definitely been giving off that end of days vibe, and I understand, respect, and echo those same feelings. While owed nothing, I would appreciate, in every sense of the word, to hear from someone at the top about reasons for, or reasons why, or what we should be expecting, or even that everything is gonna be okay. I don't really know about anyone else but the one thing that's really kept my spirits up this long was a CS response given to me by elise, in regards to her team and the current changes. She said "...but we are always here to help, and we'll do everything we can to make your fantasies real."

It's weird, because now more than ever, there is a bridge between us, and the leaders and managers of BD, through Audax, Dasa, expectre, and elise and her team, because of how much mature and sensible interaction we have with them, and yet, we've never been more out of touch with who owns the place.

"Oh bliss! Bliss and heaven! Oh, it was gorgeousness and gorgeousity made flesh. It was like a bird of rarest-spun heaven metal or like silvery wine flowing in a spaceship, gravity all nonsense now. As I slooshied, I knew such lovely pictures!" Alex (Malcolm McDowell)

Controversy is the seeds of change and enlightenment. The fruits we harvest today will be the compost of tomorrow.
Amaranthe

Postby Amaranthe » Fri Apr 08, 2016 4:56 am

I was thinking along these lines yesterday and last night as well. I dunno, all they have to say is, "Because of our long wait times recently, we've elected to temporarily retire some options in order to speed up the process and get back on track. The following is a list of options that will be unavailable until wait times improve:" Or something. I'm still of the opinion that taking away standard colors, which, presumably, they can pour well without too much trouble, will push people to order their own customs, which take more work to get right, thus streamlining nothing. And when they get their wait times back down to a shorter level, and they reintroduce all those things they took away, why wouldn't that just put them right back where they were, with an influx of orders for those things because suddenly you can just get them again without too much fuss or extra money?

I just feel like they are doing a horrible job with customer relations, no matter what's going on. I don't even care what's going on, I just want to know if they're done spiriting things away all sneaky.
HungryStray

Postby HungryStray » Fri Apr 08, 2016 5:23 am

GreenLeopard87 wrote:As someone who's been buying from BD since 2009, I believe adoptions were their downfall.
2. Customers quickly buy all they want, maxing out collections/wishlists, and naturally buying less with time.

Honestly, I think inventory sales have given BD a MASSIVE boost, but now it's starting to slow down. I used to buy a BD almost every other week. Now, it's been one two in the last two months or so, because I only want a select few toys. Not gonna get a custom because I don't know what I want. But if the right colors drop, I'll get an adoption instead.

So essentially, BD is shafting themselves because I would rather wait a year for the right adoption - which holds up money - than buy a half-assed custom. Case in point with a Medium 3 Apollo. I have been waiting for a pretty color for over a year now. Nothing appeals to me. So I won't buy adoptions or customs for that model/size/firmness combo. Also, the less firmness variety is crushing them, too. All of the Easter pastel toys were 5. Thanks, but sometimes we like soft or hard... :eyeroll:

I agree with you, to a point. Reasons 1-3 were right on the mark in my opinion, and reason #5 is a hit or a miss I feel. For newer folks, BD is like being a kid in a candy store, and there's enough options in model choices alone to make your head spin. The new customers often (like myself at the time) don't have a firm grasp about what they want or what they are looking for, and adoptions are a really convenient way of making that choice easier, which of course, gets more sales, as you said. Experienced buyers have a firmer idea of what they want as far as what works with their bodies, accessories, firmnesses, and color preferences, so customs for us tend(ed) to be the way to go, assuming you are sure in your decision, because we know how to ask for more specific things that weren't necessarily advertised anywhere else. Like the secret menu, if you will.

As to #4, all of my customs thus far have been 10/10 experiences in regards to quality. I'm unsure about others' experiences in the matter so that's really all I can offer. As far as firmnesses, or lack there of in adoptions goes, the customers who find 3 or 8 more comfortable are really the only party getting shafted in the regard specifically. We'll consider medium firmness the basic bitch version of the 3 that are available on insertables specifically, and I'll add myself to the category because it tends to be the firmness I reach for, with soft being the next best option. I have, and will refuse to buy a really gorgeous ready made if the specs don't fit, so don't worry, those of us who prefer medium firmness get the rod as well. ^-^;; The thing is though, someone will buy it if you don't. I think, in that way, adoptions have been the ever looming monkey on our backs, and the reason for the swift kick in the jimmies in a lot of long-term buyers here. By only dropping so many of each model for so long, in certain firmnesses (and sizes), on top of colors being yanked in customs, it feels like the message is that our usefulness to the company, and our money isn't good enough anymore.

HungryStray

Postby HungryStray » Fri Apr 08, 2016 5:45 am

Amaranthe wrote:I was thinking along these lines yesterday and last night as well. I dunno, all they have to say is, "Because of our long wait times recently, we've elected to temporarily retire some options in order to speed up the process and get back on track. The following is a list of options that will be unavailable until wait times improve:" Or something. I'm still of the opinion that taking away standard colors, which, presumably, they can pour well without too much trouble, will push people to order their own customs, which take more work to get right, thus streamlining nothing. And when they get their wait times back down to a shorter level, and they reintroduce all those things they took away, why wouldn't that just put them right back where they were, with an influx of orders for those things because suddenly you can just get them again without too much fuss or extra money?

I just feel like they are doing a horrible job with customer relations, no matter what's going on. I don't even care what's going on, I just want to know if they're done spiriting things away all sneaky.

I know, as I say, it seems really simple to us, but there potentially is an underlying reason why nothing has been said to us yet, or maybe never at all. It's not going to seem justified to us of course, but to them it will be. That doesn't mean we don't have the right to feel sore, or frustrated by the reasons, or by the reasons yet given, and I do feel like a small public announcement would make the majority of our crowd feel better about the whole thing. To reiterate something I said a couple posts up, it feels like we're completely out of touch with what is going on with the company, even though the resources for the information are more easily accessible than ever.

I'm 98% sure that most of what is going on isn't temporary, at least in regards to the color culling. As far as customizable options, we may see some of those return eventually if they get a better grasp on things. Certain things make sense to me, and while disheartening, I can accept it with some grace as I feel like those decisions are a little bit more justified, and are simple enough reasons for why it won't be offered on their product pages (Scorn's golden hoard, on his model specifically as an example). I agree with you that simply temporarily pulling certain things, only to bring them back and have the wait times go up again, does seem more than a touch silly. Personally, I don't mind waiting that long to receive my toys. I'll wait longer to get what I desire, that's no issue. It does feel that customs, or at least what they are intended to be, have been put on the backburner for the time being.

Amaranthe

Postby Amaranthe » Fri Apr 08, 2016 5:56 am

HungryStray wrote:
Amaranthe wrote:I was thinking along these lines yesterday and last night as well. I dunno, all they have to say is, "Because of our long wait times recently, we've elected to temporarily retire some options in order to speed up the process and get back on track. The following is a list of options that will be unavailable until wait times improve:" Or something. I'm still of the opinion that taking away standard colors, which, presumably, they can pour well without too much trouble, will push people to order their own customs, which take more work to get right, thus streamlining nothing. And when they get their wait times back down to a shorter level, and they reintroduce all those things they took away, why wouldn't that just put them right back where they were, with an influx of orders for those things because suddenly you can just get them again without too much fuss or extra money?

I know, as I say, it seems really simple to us, but there potentially is an underlying reason why nothing has been said to us yet, or maybe never at all. It's not going to seem justified to us of course, but to them it will be. That doesn't mean we don't have the right to feel sore, or frustrated by the reasons, or by the reasons yet given, and I do feel like a small public announcement would make the majority of our crowd feel better about the whole thing. To reiterate something I said a couple posts up, it feels like we're completely out of touch with what is going on with the company, even though the resources for the information are more easily accessible than ever.

I'm 98% sure that most of what is going on isn't temporary, at least in regards to the color culling. As far as customizable options, we may see some of those return eventually if they get a better grasp on things. Certain things make sense to me, and while disheartening, I can accept it with some grace as I feel like those decisions are a little bit more justified, and are simple enough reasons for why it won't be offered on their product pages (Scorn's golden hoard, on his model specifically as an example). I agree with you that simply temporarily pulling certain things, only to bring them back and have the wait times go up again, does seem more than a touch silly. Personally, I don't mind waiting that long to receive my toys. I'll wait longer to get what I desire, that's no issue. It does feel that customs, or at least what they are intended to be, have been put on the backburner for the time being.

I agree. I mean, I'm salty as heck about it all, even though I know there is a ton of stuff that goes on behind the scenes that we have no idea about, and have really no right to know about. I get some of it, I don't get some of it, and all if it feels like a big mess. I guess we'll just have to wait it out and see what happens. Have the mods been super quiet lately, or have I just been missing posts? I don't know, it just doesn't inspire confidence in me with they way they've been doing this stuff. :doh:
Phelvia

Postby Phelvia » Fri Apr 08, 2016 6:52 am

I love how many threads about this are popping up...making really hard to avoid :smilenox:

► Show Spoiler

We have every right to be salty. Sure we're not "entitled" to know shit about what BD is doing but it does reflect on how much the company cares about it's customer base in at least telling it's customers what's up.
What's streamlining making easier? To say no to us? Amaranthe had a great point, it's not easier when you have to ticket, go through more hoops to get the custom you *kinda* want/want.

As someone who's been buying from BD since 2009, I believe adoptions were their downfall.

Honestly, I think inventory sales have given BD a MASSIVE boost

Maybe BD should make another inventory sale then, we haven't had one since.....what? October? Drop a bunch of toys in addition to what they have and then they'll get a bunch of buyers.

I don't know about you guys but I'm still pretty salty over the April Fools announcement. Like seriously, were they that oblivious that removing custom color options wouldn't make people pissed? Literally three days later "No need to be salty this April Fools!" They should've chose a different tagline for the slugs just because it's not hard to think that that remark would be rubbing salt in the wounds.

What I'm waiting on to happen next;
Another change that pisses in our cheerios more.
Another month of no explanation why this is happening.
They take away fades/marbles completely. Even if we do ticket.
Another less popular model goes away because "STREAMLINING!"*
*Which totally looks like a cash grab. Pay 50% more for a toy because it apparently hurts BD too much to just leave the option for it there on the site.

Now, I feel like the mods//CS are left in the dark about this like us so I can't be too mad at them. Now...now with whoever's feeding them what to say/not say...I will be upset with. Mods/CS, they can't really do much. Some may try to be distracting us...but is also seems like the mods that come and talk with us have pretty much went into hiding/lurking mode. Can't really blame them beings a lot of people on the forums would get pissed at them if they did anything besides tell us what's going on (which they might not even be able to). I don't think any amount of Dasa can really dispel the anger/frustration on the forums at this time.
cluster

Postby cluster » Fri Apr 08, 2016 6:55 am

GreenLeopard87 wrote:As someone who's been buying from BD since 2009, I believe adoptions were their downfall.

This makes a lot of sense to me. BD customs aren't like EE customs, for example, where I can get really specific about what I'd like down to the tightness of the marbling. I've asked for things for a custom from BD that seem like simple things to take into consideration and I've been refused. For example, I asked for a sinister pumpkin marble with a little more of the halloween black than of the orange, and they told me no, essentially. They said that they do their best to make symmetrical marbles and that what I received would be lovely. I did indeed get a sinister pumpkin toy that was an even mix of both colors, and I don't especially like it. Seems to me that all you'd have to do is have a bit more of the halloween black silicone in the mix than the orange, and there you go - request satisfied.

Likewise, I asked for a split once where the split wasn't exactly at the base but instead about 1/3 of the way up the shaft. I said it didn't have to be there, exactly, but that I liked the look of splits further up the shaft. I was told that they couldn't do that. Maybe there's some miracle of silicone pouring that makes it impossible to stop pouring 2 inches further up than you usually would and switch to a new color, but it seems doable. Heck, their BanAna color is essentially what I was asking for. If they'd said they do it but they couldn't ensure a clean split, I would have been fine with that. Instead, I ended up taking my idea to a model on EE, who did it for me.

I don't want to see adoptions go away for a lot of the reasons you listed. I can see at least half of what I'm getting beforehand. I can get things that would cost $30-$50 more as a custom for the toy's base price. I don't have to wait too long for it. (I mean, I usually have to wait 7 days after UPS picks it up because they're ridiculously slow.) I can get toys that they call rogue but which I feel are actually more appealing to me than their custom pours because they reflect some of the asymmetry I like. And, I'll find things in adopts that match a custom want I've had but that look better than something I could have come up with myself.

I wonder to what extent adoptions balance out any potential losses on what people would pay for a custom. True, people might now wait for the right adopt to drop, thereby delaying their purchase, but they might also be more willing to pull the trigger on an adoption sooner since they don't have to save up for the cost of a more expensive custom. :mystery:
idk. i just like the ghost. :mystery:

Selling a bunch of BD toys, mostly smalls, with some minis and mediums: viewtopic.php?f=134&t=39858 and some EE, FB, DA, etc toys: viewtopic.php?f=136&t=39865 | Also, some bottle caps I made into magnets. Check them out and help me declutter.

► Show Spoiler
goldlion

Postby goldlion » Fri Apr 08, 2016 7:04 am

did I miss something?
I doubt bd is hurting financially, doubt they're going anywhere soon...
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Image Image Image
toy list in the spoiler -
► Show Spoiler
anti-firm(8) 2015™
mated to a beautiful kitty boy <3
GreenLeopard87

Postby GreenLeopard87 » Fri Apr 08, 2016 7:32 am

Not saying adoptions are going away. They're simply replacing the original BD business model of making our fantasies a reality through super customized toys.

As seen by EE's amazing pours with writing and specific color placement, along with DA's stunning transitional marbles, and FB's mind-blowing ability to create shapes in translucent silicone and consistently awesome highlights... Or what about TnP's cored option that BD USED to offer ages ago!? BD is seriously lacking in their ability to keep up with the intricate silicone craftsmanship of other companies which is available on a custom level every day.

The only way we can get stuff like that is adoptions from BD. They CAN do cool stuff. But they refuse to offer it on a custom level. Probably from being burnt by some distrungtled customers who threw a fit across all of the internet. Or perhaps it is just too time consuming. However, making 5000 onyx black toys for BF is probably just as consuming, if not more...

But the "making fantasies real" has shifted from custom orders I used to be happy waiting 4-6 months for, to refreshing like crazy to possibly snag a color you want because hundreds of others are after the same rainbow ribbon Aurora you want.

So, the only differentiator between BD and all the other MFGs now is the sheer volume of stock. I wouldn't be surprised if they shirk customs altogether to churn out endless adoptions. No other MFG has the same bandwidth as BD.

In a sense, this does kill BD - or the idea of it that we all have as a fantasy toy maker. Maybe we should see it as rebirth and a change of focus instead of crushing our hopes and dreams. But, personally, I don't know how I feel about anything right now.

I miss the old days. I miss the community of the old days. I have more legacy models than I have new released models. And not for nostalgia, but because they WORKED better. Nowadays, I am confused about the direction BD is going, as much as many of you. I just don't like parttaking in some of the more touchy subjects.

I have been giving more and more money to DA, FB, EE, and other toy makers. They simply offer things that BD misses the mark on for me now. Am I still looking at adoptions? Yes, but only for 2-3 very specific model/size/firmness combinations. Echo is my only favorite model in the last 12+ months. Everything else, especially from the themed promotions, really, really missed the mark for me.

Hope BD develops a more clear direction and gives us visibility into their vision. Transparency is very important to business success.
Jasmine

Postby Jasmine » Fri Apr 08, 2016 10:42 am

Here are my guesses on the situation, in any or no combination:

1. Material prices may have gone up, or perhaps their vendors have changed.
2. AZ business taxes/labor costs/etc may have changed, resulting in new business costs to take into account.
3. Previous BD artisans may have quit, reducing the number of skilled pourers.
4. Newly trained staff are still acquiring skills, resulting in more frequent flops or limitations.
5. BD might be undergoing a business consultation and changing practices based on an outsider's analysis.
6. Molds might be breaking down, reducing the number available for customs.
7. The blue and green posters (staff and mods) might be working more responsibilities than previously, resulting in less communication with the forums.

If a fade or split keeps failing, it makes sense to discontinue it because their business model requires them to sell it for a lower price. Maybe it's temporary, maybe it's not.

Bruce is a huge model in terms of width and the amount of space it takes up compared to a model like the Gryphon or Rex. I've never seen Bruce being a huge seller, even though I'm sad to see him go. And despite being one of the first reviewers of Hanns and being one of the people calling out for a smaller model, it's true that Hanns got preferential treatment in getting another size released when other One Size models only made that jump when they went to full release.

I would love to see the amount of toys in adoptions cut back massively. I think Freaky Fast Shipping has been a great motivator for BD to handle the hundreds of orders they get a day, but it's getting excessive. People will whine if there aren't drops, though. Then there would be more salt on the table :eyeroll: To me, adoptions has always made sense as being the flop pile of toys that didn't quite make the QC cut. I'm tired of people making a huge deal over finding ready mades that aren't available as customs or people jumping on special colors. If BD wants to make your fantasies real, it shouldn't be because I was 0.005 seconds faster at adding a toy to my cart before someone else. But, that's my own personal issue. *steps off soap box*
ImageImage
Amaranthe

Postby Amaranthe » Fri Apr 08, 2016 10:49 am

I've said this over and over, but I do not give a flying fuck what's going on or why. I just hate how they've handled it. It does not matter to me one tiny little fuck whether their reasons were good or not (which, I'm sure from a business standpoint it makes some kind of sense). ALL I care about is how they choose to relay business changes to customers, since I am a customer and I would appreciation having some idea of what they're doing in regards to product changes. That's it. And I feel like we aren't going to get any answers.
stuck-on-the-knot1

Postby stuck-on-the-knot1 » Fri Apr 08, 2016 11:04 am

Amaranthe wrote:I've said this over and over, but I do not give a flying fuck what's going on or why. I just hate how they've handled it. It does not matter to me one tiny little fuck whether their reasons were good or not (which, I'm sure from a business standpoint it makes some kind of sense). ALL I care about is how they choose to relay business changes to customers, since I am a customer and I would appreciation having some idea of what they're doing in regards to product changes. That's it. And I feel like we aren't going to get any answers.

I completely agree! I hope we get answers but at this point I am just sitting here twiddling my thumbs and playing the waiting game to see where this all ends up going :/
Female 22 Pansexual Taken Polyamorous Furry Pokemaniac Whovian Rock Music Lover Food Lover

Currently own : 26 toys (Toy list on Profile)

Don't be afraid to send a PM!~ I love talking with people and making friends
Amaranthe

Postby Amaranthe » Fri Apr 08, 2016 11:05 am

stuck-on-the-knot1 wrote:
Amaranthe wrote:I've said this over and over, but I do not give a flying fuck what's going on or why. I just hate how they've handled it. It does not matter to me one tiny little fuck whether their reasons were good or not (which, I'm sure from a business standpoint it makes some kind of sense). ALL I care about is how they choose to relay business changes to customers, since I am a customer and I would appreciation having some idea of what they're doing in regards to product changes. That's it. And I feel like we aren't going to get any answers.

I completely agree! I hope we get answers but at this point I am just sitting here twiddling my thumbs and playing the waiting game to see where this all ends up going :/

Me, too. :unamused: I guess that's really all we can do, though!
Faffy the FauxFox

Postby Faffy the FauxFox » Fri Apr 08, 2016 11:41 am

adoptions toys are not made from left overs?
__________________________________________________________________________________
underwear is a hug for your butt
Amaranthe

Postby Amaranthe » Fri Apr 08, 2016 12:08 pm

Faffy the FauxFox wrote:

adoptions toys are not made from left overs?

I think they were saying that having the adoptions be just for the flops and frankenpours and things like that (the leftovers) would be better than having it be a place for us all to scramble frantically to buy a pretty coloration that they won't do custom (like rainbow ribbons and some highlighting effects, and especially off limits penetrable colors).
Casma

Postby Casma » Fri Apr 08, 2016 12:12 pm

My guess as to why they are limiting how specific you can get on customs is because buyers are too picky. I've seen posts on this forum complaining because they didn't get exactly specifically what they wanted their custom to look like.

I am sure they get a ton of complaints about customs that aren't what the buyer exactly had in their head. If i was running a shop that would make me limit customs. The other makers are smaller and don't need to have policies in place to deal with that, but i could for sure see when a company grows it becomes a huge waste of resources and time.

Return to “General Discussion”