BD Conspiracy Theory

Discuss anything related to Bad Dragon here!
Fae Fantase

Re: BD Conspiracy Theory

Postby Fae Fantase » Mon Apr 11, 2016 11:49 am

Phelvia wrote:Oh...huhm. Haven't been on FB since December, guess some stuff must've changed.

It was said they posted on their blog that they intended to bring back guided mysteries at least. At some time. I keep waiting for them to bring vibe cavities back. I almost want to wait to make any purchases until they do. Yet there is always the chance they won't be coming back at all due to all the backlogged orders/issues with molds/if they were difficult to make. I suppose I could try taking a drill and making a hole myself yet that would ruin any warranty a toy might have.
I've sold toys to over 17 different homes.
jessethemarshmallow
Gender: Male | sex-positive asexual/autochorissexual | Demiromantic | Engaged | DFAB

Postby jessethemarshmallow » Mon Apr 11, 2016 4:59 pm

GreenLeopard87 wrote:
Amaranthe wrote:
Faffy the FauxFox wrote:
With the current options, it's either "settle" or "wait for your toy to drop in a gorgeous color in adoptions."

^This is exactly how I felt about all this. So I can have a, "oh...I guess I don't mind one that's plain green..." instead of my usual euphorically happy reaction to opening a Bad-Dragon package.
My preference is I'll daydream about anything that its species deems to be an adult with human-level intelligence and be able communicate and give consent in an understandable way.

Toys I own:
► Show Spoiler
jessethemarshmallow
Gender: Male | sex-positive asexual/autochorissexual | Demiromantic | Engaged | DFAB

Postby jessethemarshmallow » Mon Apr 11, 2016 5:00 pm

Arumaeruma wrote:
Casma wrote:My guess as to why they are limiting how specific you can get on customs is because buyers are too picky. I've seen posts on this forum complaining because they didn't get exactly specifically what they wanted their custom to look like.

They should do what stores do and black list those picky customers from ordering customs. Bakerys and such do it all the time with such people.
My preference is I'll daydream about anything that its species deems to be an adult with human-level intelligence and be able communicate and give consent in an understandable way.

Toys I own:
► Show Spoiler
Amaranthe

Postby Amaranthe » Mon Apr 11, 2016 5:10 pm

jessethemarshmallow wrote:
Arumaeruma wrote:
Casma wrote:My guess as to why they are limiting how specific you can get on customs is because buyers are too picky. I've seen posts on this forum complaining because they didn't get exactly specifically what they wanted their custom to look like.

They should do what stores do and black list those picky customers from ordering customs. Bakerys and such do it all the time with such people.

I've actually seen at least one case where someone got banned from buying from BD. It was a blog post that got drug up from somewhere. I wonder how many times that's happened, and what the circumstances were?? :surprised:

It really does feel like more and more things are being thrown out the window. If I ticket CS and ask for a list of all the changes that have taken place up to this point, do you think they'd be able to tell me? :mystery:
jessethemarshmallow

Postby jessethemarshmallow » Mon Apr 11, 2016 5:21 pm

Amaranthe wrote:
Arumaeruma wrote:

I've actually seen at least one case where someone got banned from buying from BD. It was a blog post that got drug up from somewhere. I wonder how many times that's happened, and what the circumstances were?? :surprised:

It really does feel like more and more things are being thrown out the window. If I ticket CS and ask for a list of all the changes that have taken place up to this point, do you think they'd be able to tell me? :mystery:

Its definitely worth a try! I'm tempted to do the same.

Toys I own:
► Show Spoiler
cluster

Postby cluster » Mon Apr 11, 2016 6:57 pm

Arumaeruma wrote:

Sounds like a slippery slope there.
idk. i just like the ghost. :mystery:

Selling a bunch of BD toys, mostly smalls, with some minis and mediums: viewtopic.php?f=134&t=39858 and some EE, FB, DA, etc toys: viewtopic.php?f=136&t=39865 | Also, some bottle caps I made into magnets. Check them out and help me declutter.

► Show Spoiler
Meer

Postby Meer » Mon Apr 11, 2016 10:41 pm

cluster wrote:
Arumaeruma wrote:

As apposed to the slope we're on now?
Custom highlights? Nope! You can't have that!
Custom GITD? NO!
"Sloppy Seconds" in a color other than white? NO WAY!
Custom Marbled base? I don't think so!
Split lips even the normal non custom ones? FUGETABOUTIT!!
I could go on....
What's the next stop on the slope?

(Not saying that you don't have a valad point. Banning people for being picky seems kinda..... ehh what constitutes as "picky"? Could that be me? You? Anybody? But still, I'd rather have someone else banned so the rest of us don't suffer. I can understand disappointment if a custom doesn't turn out like you want, after all you put hope and money and time waiting into it.... but I'd rather that than them just flat out refuse to TRY....
I dunno. There's no good answer it seems. :(
~Meer
Lewd Luxury

Postby Lewd Luxury » Tue Apr 12, 2016 12:48 am

Its almost 2am, and will be past 2am once I finish writing this post.

I read this entire thread, every comment, every speculation, every cry of disappointment. I am glad people are as pissed as I am. Which good job you reached my level, I am easily angered you see. I joined the BD forums back in September(?) and was surprised how nice/supportive the community was and only joined until I had the money to buy a toy.

This is extremely disappointing to see BD circling the toilet like this. To see what made it so unique and special to just be shoved to the side like it never mattered to begin with. My speculation is this: (I might as well go full Dale Gribble with this so forgive how stupid or nonsensical this is)
► Show Spoiler

I have a long list of BD toys I would love to own, but now I fear that all of them are in jeopardy. That my dozen or so ideas for customs will never happen, and I will never get to enjoy owning that toy ever. Unless you know I try to go to the adoptions. Oh boy that toy looks pretty. Aaaaaaand it's gone. Like that, from someone who already owns more then 5 rainbow ribbons or already has every toy and just wants another for display. Oh but that email that I got said that they are WILLING TO TRY TO MAKE MY FANTASY REAL. NO? YOU WON'T TRY TO MAKE THE ADOPTION I MISSED BY A HALF A SECOND? WELL THANKS FOR NOTHING. I am not going to be mad if the color is off by like 10 hexes all I want is for you to TRY.
Honestly BD you have me by the scruff. You have such a lovely selection of toys that makes any vagina or anus weep with utter joy in a 20 mile radius BUT... your customer relation skills are utterly terrible!

I would love to order something from EE but they don't have as many nice toys as you do. Also some of their smalls are just to big for me to start with.
I would love to throw my shekels at FB some more, but currently they are playing catch up from so many orders.
PH is nice but there sizes are meant for some serious size queens so that's a no go. Same for AKN and T&P.

Honestly I am just stuck between a rock and a hard place. Yes I ranted. I rant when I am upset. I wish I had money sooner. I would of ordered my customs YEARS AGO IF I FORESAW THE FUTURE!

I honestly hope things get better. I hope BD is just retooling or trying to limit there stuff while they catch up from holiday orders. I hope this goes away and I can order my awesome toys. Someday. But for now I will sit here and bitch and be full of salt.

... Like those slugs. Very classy by the way.
Gay/Transgender/ENTP/Taken/Weeaboo/Eccentric

Toy Blog: http://lewdluxury.tumblr.com/
thesharkwhisperer

Postby thesharkwhisperer » Tue Apr 12, 2016 1:35 am

Amaranthe wrote:
Arumaeruma wrote:

Yeah, I really wonder what "picky" means in this situation. A lot of the annoyance I see coming from customers is when they custom order something and get a toy in the complete wrong colors.I don't think it is "picky" to expect something you spent hundreds of dollars for to at least be what you actually ordered. If I ask for something black and yellow and end up with something dark brown and orange, I'd be pissed, not gonna lie.
History nerd - Dino lover - Pokémon - HUBBADUH
Akanisen

Postby Akanisen » Tue Apr 12, 2016 3:34 am

► Show Spoiler

TL;DR Personally even with all these changes I'll still buy from BD until the day they piss me off enough to boycott them, and while I am sad to see colors (and toys) dropping off the list, this is not that day.
ImageImage Image "Ignorance is bliss. But bliss is boring." ~Bill Cipher Image ImageImage
Phelvia

Postby Phelvia » Tue Apr 12, 2016 4:17 am

Meer wrote:
cluster wrote:

(Not saying that you don't have a valad point. Banning people for being picky seems kinda..... ehh what constitutes as "picky"? Could that be me? You? Anybody? But still, I'd rather have someone else banned so the rest of us don't suffer. I can understand disappointment if a custom doesn't turn out like you want, after all you put hope and money and time waiting into it.... but I'd rather that than them just flat out refuse to TRY....

That's why I suggest adding a disclaimer to customs like BD does with legacies. We have to accept it no matter how it comes out. So if the buyer doesn't like it...well...they can be like DO IT AGAIN and cause BD grief because they agreed to take they toy.
Amaranthe

Postby Amaranthe » Tue Apr 12, 2016 4:21 am

Phelvia wrote:
Meer wrote:
cluster wrote:Sounds like a slippery slope there.

That's why I suggest adding a disclaimer to customs like BD does with legacies. We have to accept it no matter how it comes out. So if the buyer doesn't like it...well...they can be like DO IT AGAIN and cause BD grief because they agreed to take they toy.

That would also allow BD to brush off customers when they actually do screw a toy up by getting the colors wrong or sending them the less pretty of the toys they tried, which has happened. Or sending out flops, or whatever other kind of mistakes can happen. BD wouldn't have to replace/fix any of their mistakes.
thesharkwhisperer

Postby thesharkwhisperer » Tue Apr 12, 2016 4:35 am

Amaranthe wrote:
Phelvia wrote:
Meer wrote:

That would also allow BD to brush off customers when they actually do screw a toy up by getting the colors wrong or sending them the less pretty of the toys they tried, which has happened. Or sending out flops, or whatever other kind of mistakes can happen. BD wouldn't have to replace/fix any of their mistakes.

Exactly. I have seen many problems with customs, being the wrong colors, flop worthy faults, that kind of jazz, and BD already barely fixed most of the failed customs I have seen on those forums. With a rule like that they could half ass as many customs as they want without any kind of consequences, while asking for more money.
Phelvia

Postby Phelvia » Tue Apr 12, 2016 4:50 am

Amaranthe wrote:
Phelvia wrote:
Meer wrote:

Yeah I just read and thought about those people that ask for x but get y. Like the one person who wanted a pink and black gryphon I believe, and instead got the "throughly bred" coloration. Theyd be pretty screwed with a disclaimer. Or with the Moko Rainbowdasher had. That was pretty shitty BD sent them the flop essentially.

BD needs to get better ...something so they see what we actually ask for. The disclaimer would be in the hypothetical world where BD does things right.
I just...dunno. EE is willing to do a retry of a pour and SHOW you what they poured/how it looks. They ask if you like it. Which helps CS relations as well. Why can't BD just try this? So if the blue is too green or whatever they can fix it. But that would also hinder BD and their "streamlining" process :misc4:
Thaliak

Postby Thaliak » Tue Apr 12, 2016 7:41 pm

Personally, I'm of the mind to say "Flood them with disgruntled tickets." When I was given the "We're streamlining" bullshit, I flat-out told the CS rep that I wasn't buying that line and that not only am I extremely disappointed with BD as a company, but I'm going to be thinking twice about buying anything from them again. All I got in response was "Thanks for your feedback, it's been passed on," gods know if that's actually true or not, but if it is, if enough people bitch, it MIGHT get something done.

I wouldn't hold my breath, but stranger things have happened.
Layne27

Postby Layne27 » Tue Apr 12, 2016 9:50 pm

I just stumbled across the threads where the forums were going to be shut down and then the following thread where they decided to not and....oh boy.
They announced at that time being more open and honest, with more transparency and discussion with customers...and I see where we are now...It's like BD just went full stop and then slammed reverse as hard as possible.

I've had this wishlist of toys that kept growing and growing because of the quality and variety of products (as well as forum interaction because it's fun and inviting here) but after seeing them pull so many options out from under us with no warning I look at the same wish list and I don't even care to buy anything but the essentials right now.
BiosBits

Postby BiosBits » Tue Apr 12, 2016 10:15 pm

[quote="Yokai"]
► Show Spoiler

I was losing my interest in this thread until I saw this ^
I would hate to see BD get bought and go mainstream because that means to drop a lot of dildos that makes BD so unique and blend in with every other sex toy company, just more rods of silicone. :misc4: :doh:

BD can't go back from being bought. It's a one way road to lots of money and sand, lots of sand....and maybe a few tumbleweeds.
thesharkwhisperer

Postby thesharkwhisperer » Wed Apr 13, 2016 3:06 am

Layne27 wrote:I just stumbled across the threads where the forums were going to be shut down and then the following thread where they decided to not and....oh boy.
They announced at that time being more open and honest, with more transparency and discussion with customers...and I see where we are now...It's like BD just went full stop and then slammed reverse as hard as possible.

I've had this wishlist of toys that kept growing and growing because of the quality and variety of products (as well as forum interaction because it's fun and inviting here) but after seeing them pull so many options out from under us with no warning I look at the same wish list and I don't even care to buy anything but the essentials right now.

Yeah the transparency and the honesty never happened to be honest.

Also didn't they say in this thread that they needed to shut down the forums so they could grow as a company ? Tells you how much they care about their customer base.

The theory about how they might be rebought by a more mainstream shop is really interesting, even though I doubt that's going to happen :mystery:
Futa Princess

Postby Futa Princess » Wed Apr 13, 2016 5:10 am

This talk of BD going mainstream reminded me of something: Didn't they recently make a new toy that was exclusively sold to that site and that this sex toy store was like... reallllly explicit...like showing people hardcore using the toys rather than just displaying the toy...?
❤ Female ❤ Taken ❤ Hetro boreing I know.. ^^; ❤ gamer ❤ nature lover ❤ agnostic ❤ bara lover

Lơ͘͞o͜k͞ ͘͝a̢̕t̕͏ ҉͜t̷̨͞h̛e̕͝ c̶l̵̕ow̡͢n̡.̨
Amaranthe

Postby Amaranthe » Wed Apr 13, 2016 5:30 am

There was a toy that was apparently con exclusive, and also some of their regular toys are being hosted by some main-stream site that is explicit in its imagery, but I don't know what site that is. You can even get some BD toys on Amazon, which is really weird and icky to me.

Return to “General Discussion”