Toy Color Update

Discuss anything related to Bad Dragon here!
dasadevil
Moon Moon

Toy Color Update

Postby dasadevil » Fri Apr 15, 2016 12:10 pm

Heyo!

We apologize for the lack of communication with some of our most recent changes and improvements. The BD crew is working hard to come up with creative colors to bring out the best in the toys you already love!

We are working towards a simpler and prettier set of colors, not only to remove less popular colors (which clutter up the website!) but also improve efficiency of the made to order process. This means you’ll still see some of your favorites along with some very special new colors! These improvements also mean that the turnaround time for made to order toys will go down drastically and you’ll be able to get your stuff much sooner. Furthermore, with each new product release you’ll see new color options never seen before!

Thanks for your understanding and feel free to direct questions to Customer Service.

Have a good day!
Varka
Bad Dragon CEO

Re: Toy Color Update

Postby Varka » Fri Apr 15, 2016 12:13 pm

Hey everyone,

Many of the color options on the site right now have proven over time to have a very high flop rate or been very difficult to pour/ reproduce each time, which has caused the custom and made to order toy queue to really spike. Some models and color options even needed 4+ attempts to get it good enough for us to pass our quality standards - and of course, this slows things down for everyone.

After doing a bunch of research (and no small amount of statistics work), we found the best solution was to retain awesome colors that were still sensible to produce, tweak a few difficult-to-produce recipes that look great, and to retire a few that were difficult to produce and weren’t selling well.

Our goal is to make turnaround times consistently excellent, regardless of what you purchase, and revisiting our standard color options is one of the ways we’re working to do just that.

Thanks everyone <3
Varka - Bad Dragon CEO

"We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard." - John F Kennedy
Lipton

Postby Lipton » Fri Apr 15, 2016 12:17 pm

And whats about some models which are suddenly removed without any warning?
Toys I want to buy:
- Elypse Art: Neo & Vixen
- BD April Fool Toys: Red Rocket & Fire Hydrant

I'm located in Germany, feel free to send me a message if you're selling one of these.
HungryStray

Re: Statement on all the happenings going on with Bad Dragon

Postby HungryStray » Fri Apr 15, 2016 12:19 pm

Oooooooooh!! X3 Never seen before??! That's a tall order. <3333 Thank you for the news Dasa, can't wait to see what rolls out in the future!
Soooo... I'm doing reviews now! http://doeadeert.tumblr.com/

"Oh bliss! Bliss and heaven! Oh, it was gorgeousness and gorgeousity made flesh. It was like a bird of rarest-spun heaven metal or like silvery wine flowing in a spaceship, gravity all nonsense now. As I slooshied, I knew such lovely pictures!" Alex (Malcolm McDowell)

Controversy is the seeds of change and enlightenment. The fruits we harvest today will be the compost of tomorrow.
miss_kofuku

Re: Statement on all the happenings going on with Bad Dragon

Postby miss_kofuku » Fri Apr 15, 2016 12:20 pm

Varka wrote:Hey everyone,

Many of the color options on the site right now have proven over time to have a very high flop rate or been very difficult to pour/ reproduce each time, which has caused the custom and made to order toy queue to really spike. Some models and color options even needed 4+ attempts to get it good enough for us to pass our quality standards - and of course, this slows things down for everyone.

After doing a bunch of research (and no small amount of statistics work), we found the best solution was to retain awesome colors that were still sensible to produce, tweak a few difficult-to-produce recipes that look great, and to retire a few that were difficult to produce and weren’t selling well.

Our goal is to make turnaround times consistently excellent, regardless of what you purchase, and revisiting our standard color options is one of the ways we’re working to do just that.

Thanks everyone <3

What do you mean by tweaks??? Does that mean Lightning Rod was really made more darker??? :bugeyed:

When the queue is back down will custom ideas that are fairly doable start being accepted again??? Or can disclaimers be added for people who aren't bad or super picky???

Also can any of these improvements be a way to filter the Adoptions page so only what we're interested in loads? And/Or a "Date Added" category so we can see all the new stuff at once??? Cause as it is with so many adoptions it is very hard to browse!

Thank yew dwaggins for all your work! :misc2: :blush:
~Kofuku, resident Goddess

Sold to: Drayco, x6black6cat6x, Kap, MattMarshall178, justahornycpl, m13t, setekh, Rambus, vixenvega, wolfstardobe, imhereforeskin
Traded with: Armomen
:blush:
Akanisen

Postby Akanisen » Fri Apr 15, 2016 12:23 pm

Good to know why the colors thing was happening, thank you for informing us!

But I am also curious why Bruce had no announcement for his retire, if people had a heads up it would have been fine. I'm just going to assume the removal of the Hanns size was along with the colors, and that it didn't sell well and maybe even was prone to flopping.
Last edited by Akanisen on Fri Apr 15, 2016 12:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ImageImage Image "Ignorance is bliss. But bliss is boring." ~Bill Cipher Image ImageImage
kt~

Postby kt~ » Fri Apr 15, 2016 12:23 pm

Well, I'm always up for more colors....my wish is for more cool blacks, like either metallic or glittery. Maybe some of those options like metallic can be available as permanent colors instead of part of promo/sale colors.
~Kinzie~ :misc13: :cool: / Female / 23 / Otaku / Writer

One step on the road to recovery from past traumas.

20 Insertables/1 Penetrable/3 Vibes/4 Eggs
Pictures of my Collection
thesharkwhisperer

Postby thesharkwhisperer » Fri Apr 15, 2016 12:27 pm

Some communication is definitely better.

Wonder if there is gonna be anything for Civil War, personally.
History nerd - Dino lover - Pokémon - HUBBADUH
Dragoncatclem

Postby Dragoncatclem » Fri Apr 15, 2016 1:30 pm

dasadevil wrote:simpler and prettier set of colors

I'm sorry, but I'm failing to see how this isnt contradictory and illogical? :eyeroll:
Last edited by Dragoncatclem on Fri Apr 15, 2016 1:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Do not compare your chapter one to someone else's chapter ten" - Unknown :misc2:
Dragoncatclem

Postby Dragoncatclem » Fri Apr 15, 2016 1:32 pm

Happy were finally getting something, even if it doesn't answer/address a lot of things
"Do not compare your chapter one to someone else's chapter ten" - Unknown :misc2:
Akanisen

Postby Akanisen » Fri Apr 15, 2016 1:32 pm

Dragoncatclem wrote:

I'm sorry, but I'm failing to see how this isnt contradictory and illogical? :eyeroll:

I think they mean it's simpler to pour but looks like it'd be more complicated (therefor prettier).
ImageImage Image "Ignorance is bliss. But bliss is boring." ~Bill Cipher Image ImageImage
stuck-on-the-knot1

Postby stuck-on-the-knot1 » Fri Apr 15, 2016 1:45 pm

Thank you for some clarification! :smile: I really appreciate that and can't wait to see what new things lie before us in the future! :widesmile:

I hope they bring back Bruce for one final round so everyone can get their customs in and maybe can bring him back around for shark week! :psyduck:
Female 22 Pansexual Taken Polyamorous Furry Pokemaniac Whovian Rock Music Lover Food Lover

Currently own : 26 toys (Toy list on Profile)

Don't be afraid to send a PM!~ I love talking with people and making friends
AmethystSnake

Postby AmethystSnake » Fri Apr 15, 2016 1:53 pm

I must be honest here, I'm not happy about these changes... One thing that caught my eye when I first came to BD's website was that they had an awesome range of colors where to choose if you don't have the money and patience to wait a full custom coloration, you could always choose some of those basic colors, and many of them were pretty simple colors to make. I don't know, I can see and understand that BD is in the middle of some kind of struggle right now with it's wait times and stuff, but I still can't change my feelings of being disappointed... I guess I'll start doing the same thing as many others and just wait for something pretty to drop to the Adoptions if I want a pretty toy.
Female / 21 / Bisexual (prefer men) / In relationship with Edward Bluefox / Has 12 fantasy toys! / Artist, writer, gamer / Spiritual person

Lewd Luxury

Postby Lewd Luxury » Fri Apr 15, 2016 2:03 pm

Akanisen wrote:
Dragoncatclem wrote:

I think they mean it's simpler to pour but looks like it'd be more complicated (therefor prettier).

If you look at the current astro colors they are simple but kinda pretty. They are a solid color but they try to pretty it up with shimmer or whatever. But they are not as pretty as other promos from the past, but it is simpler for them to pour.
Gay/Transgender/ENTP/Taken/Weeaboo/Eccentric

Toy Blog: http://lewdluxury.tumblr.com/
Akanisen

Postby Akanisen » Fri Apr 15, 2016 2:06 pm

Yokai wrote:If you look at the current astro colors they are simple but kinda pretty. They are a solid color but they try to pretty it up with shimmer or whatever. But they are not as pretty as other promos from the past, but it is simpler for them to pour.

They said they are going to try never before seen stuff, so who know what it'll be, simple doesn't mean a single color. Well whatever happens speculating get's us nowhere, so we may as well just wait and see.
Arumaeruma

Postby Arumaeruma » Fri Apr 15, 2016 2:07 pm

I appreciate a statement regarding this, I can understand why colors can cause backup and certain styles can cause issues. I can also understand that they likely didn't publicly announce it because they didn't want to increase the backlog even more with people rushing to purchase items. I'm glad that BD is working to slow things down at a more reasonable pace, and I'm looking forward to seeing what colors are in the future.

That said, I do think an announcement for the retiring of models would have been appropriate.
Phelvia

Postby Phelvia » Fri Apr 15, 2016 2:12 pm

AmethystSnake wrote:I must be honest here, I'm not happy about these changes... One thing that caught my eye when I first came to BD's website was that they had an awesome range of colors where to choose if you don't have the money and patience to wait a full custom coloration, you could always choose some of those basic colors, and many of them were pretty simple colors to make. I don't know, I can see and understand that BD is in the middle of some kind of struggle right now with it's wait times and stuff, but I still can't change my feelings of being disappointed... I guess I'll start doing the same thing as many others and just wait for something pretty to drop to the Adoptions if I want a pretty toy.

Pretty much this.
Took like 4 months to actually do this announcement. Must've finally clicked that this was a problem for a lot of users.
Lot of unanswered questions but eh, I've kinda given up on getting the customs I want. Maybe one day after all this streamlining is done BD will be more open to trying new things and customs like the one newsletter said.
Adoptions has way nicer pours of things we can't get normally anyway. The only problem being finding one with the right specs.

Thanks though Varka for this announcement. A lot of us appreciate it. Though a few other things could do with addressing.
Faffy the FauxFox

Postby Faffy the FauxFox » Fri Apr 15, 2016 2:19 pm

what if there was the "next best thing" for the "hard to reproduse" the "sliding scale of _ish and _____ and ____ish" for unique experances of individual toy. so no to ________s are 100% alike? which colors are retired due to hard?
__________________________________________________________________________________
underwear is a hug for your butt
Rainbow Dasher

Postby Rainbow Dasher » Fri Apr 15, 2016 2:25 pm

What I don't understand, is why are certain exclusive colours retired on the more recent releases? Tyson and Echo have had colours removed, too. After so little time of being released, how are their colours "not selling well" or "too difficult"? While an explanation is appreciated, it still feels like we're not getting the full story.

Oh, and what about Bruce? Why no retirement sale?
Pansexual|Married|Writer|Artist|Foodie|Pegasister|Spiritual|Crafter|Blogger|Adrenaline Junkie|Furry| Owns a lot of fucking dicks.
Willow

Postby Willow » Fri Apr 15, 2016 2:27 pm

Well it's good to inform us about these changes. ...although all of the drama that's been happening could have been avoided informing us before you did it. And then keeping silent until now.
Ah well...

I honestly didn't mind waiting for a custom toy. In fact, I've waited LONGER in the past (around 2010). Of course take into account this is when Chance would get a full marble rather than just a single splotch. I'm not really sure how long people were waiting, but back than +2 months were not uncommon, and now people can't explode at 3 weeks? Sure, I get antsy, but when don't we?
You can sleep with ablonde,you can sleep withbrunettebut you'll never get any sleep with aredhead.
A wolf in the streets... a fox in the sheets.

Return to “General Discussion”