Toy Color Update

Discuss anything related to Bad Dragon here!
Willow

Re: Toy Color Update

Postby Willow » Sun Apr 17, 2016 12:36 pm

I guess coming up with new names takes a while from "streamlining". But how much? It takes one person a few minutes out of their day. Takes a few seconds to suggest it at a meeting. Or takes a moment to put it in memo (return times may vary). I don't think the names are held but a think-tank brainstorming for a few hours.
Hell, I come up with of names when I see a rogue I like or looks interesting. Just a fun game I play with myself.

:laugh: Play with myself.
You can sleep with ablonde,you can sleep withbrunettebut you'll never get any sleep with aredhead.
A wolf in the streets... a fox in the sheets.
Juneberry

Postby Juneberry » Sun Apr 17, 2016 2:03 pm

I'm going to miss the names too. D: Not that it makes any difference in the toys at all, but they were fun. (especially the punny ones like tyrannosaurus sex)
AlphaBlue

Postby AlphaBlue » Sun Apr 17, 2016 7:23 pm

Thanks for the update guys :wink: though I'll echo what others have been saying and point out that it miiight have been a good idea to lead with that before folks started getting confused and upset. I've got a feeling that lots of people stopped by the forums to see what the big deal was when they started noticing the changes (or after not really getting anything out of CS) and it can't be good for you guys when all they see is the forum members and regulars losing their collective shit. Something to think about ^^

Anyway, sometimes shit has to be done to keep things running smoothly. That's just how it is. Still disappointed with a lot of it though, mainly the lack of communication and the little things like the cute and clever color names (the ones that are left anyway) being replaced by plain old so-and-so's signature color. Surely the color names could have stuck around, yeah? Or does making them less attractive now mean less people ordering them and less wait times? :wink:

In the end though I hope all this works out and the wait times being cut back means you guys can start being a little more open with customs and new and interesting promos and things. Especially the customs though! Keep us updated when you can :smile:
"Now these are the laws of the jungle, and many and mighty are they;
But the head and the hoof of the law and the haunch and the hump is—Obey!"

- Rudyard Kipling, The Law of the Jungle
Image Image Image Image Image
-Icons & Avatar by Chibity-
Dragoncatclem

Postby Dragoncatclem » Sun Apr 17, 2016 9:07 pm

Yokai wrote:
Vitani wrote:Pearlescents, like the jupiter color is really pretty, however it completely ruins the appeal to me when the whole toy is all the same color. I feel like it loses it's detail significantly. Jupiter shaft with a halloween black base? Now sign me up! :smile:

I could not agree more.

Pretty much this
"Do not compare your chapter one to someone else's chapter ten" - Unknown :misc2:
Dragoncatclem

Postby Dragoncatclem » Sun Apr 17, 2016 9:14 pm

Lipton wrote:
Meer wrote:I'm really considering never buying from BD ever again.

I'm moving on to companies with longer wait times but better customs!

Goodbye~

Meer wrote:Only BD could suck the fun out of sex toys so much! :unamused:

Although, of course, if we would have never had cool names for the special colors we wouldn't miss them.... but even if I can see the logic of taking away "unpopular" colors and toys and hard to make options (even though I hate it) I don't see the point of taking away fun names for the colors. How does that help??

You know thats only a name right? Or are you going around and telling everyone "Look at my new toy it has the color name x! I am so special now" ?

Damn, you got the patronizing flavored salt
"Do not compare your chapter one to someone else's chapter ten" - Unknown :misc2:
Dragoncatclem

Postby Dragoncatclem » Sun Apr 17, 2016 9:19 pm

Amaranthe wrote:
cluster wrote:
Lipton wrote:Of course people have rights to be upset, but slowly it gets quite annoying. It's a difference between upset and whining around, BD is a company and they can do whatever they want and don't need to give any information about that. Is like always, they don't do an announcement and people get upset... they do an announcement and people also get upset. As company you never can make 100% of your customers happy. It is up to everyone if they agree to that and still buy or don't agree and stop buying but then just stop buying and move on and dont post everywhere around how shitty they are now becaus thats an own preference. :words:

Lots of good :words:

All of this, 100%. I am upset more with how it was handled, rather than what was taken away. I am also excited to see the new colors, but apprehensive because I'm still not sure what's going on in regards to customs. I'm not sure why they didn't do exactly what you describe, with promoting the new colors and things. They are really good at promotions, so why not turn this into a site event as well?

As far as whining goes, of course people are whining. Many forum users are confused, upset, and tired with the state of BD right now. That's the general attitude of the forums currently. People are venting and working through their feelings. And guess what? That's what the forum is for! Posting about/discussing all things BD. And right now, a completely legitimate point about BD is that some people are deeply displeased. Don't agree? Cool, I'm glad you're not upset! I don't like seeing everyone upset, either. But guess what? You'll just make it worse if you act like an annoying ass.

^^^All of my applause to the above 2 people. You have a way with words :widesmile: :buddy:
Lipton

Postby Lipton » Sun Apr 17, 2016 9:44 pm

Dragoncatclem wrote:Damn, you got the patronizing flavored salt

Toys I want to buy:
- Elypse Art: Neo & Vixen
- BD April Fool Toys: Red Rocket & Fire Hydrant

I'm located in Germany, feel free to send me a message if you're selling one of these.
karla-chan

Postby karla-chan » Sun Apr 17, 2016 11:55 pm

Lipton wrote:
Dragoncatclem wrote:Damn, you got the patronizing flavored salt

Wow, did you know that too much salt is bad for your blood pressure?
Lipton

Postby Lipton » Mon Apr 18, 2016 12:52 am

karla-chan wrote:Wow, did you know that too much salt is bad for your blood pressure?

The moment when people have no clue what they talk about, you shouldnt follow every internet trend blind. It's funny when you get called salty for having an different opinion ^.^

I'm quite relaxed sitting at work and drinking my coffee but thank you for your concern about my health =)
Toys I want to buy:
- Elypse Art: Neo & Vixen
- BD April Fool Toys: Red Rocket & Fire Hydrant

I'm located in Germany, feel free to send me a message if you're selling one of these.
karla-chan

Postby karla-chan » Mon Apr 18, 2016 1:50 am

Lipton wrote:
karla-chan wrote:Wow, did you know that too much salt is bad for your blood pressure?

The moment when people have no clue what they talk about, you shouldnt follow every internet trend blind. It's funny when you get called salty for having an different opinion ^.^

I'm quite relaxed sitting at work and drinking my coffee but thank you for your concern about my health =)

There is nothing wrong with having a different opinion, but how people react to that very much depends how you present it. If you present it in a away that is harsh almost feels like an attack towards someone then you are going to come across as salty and bitter.

People are then going to call you up on it. It's not following blindly, I just think you are acting pretty shitty. There is also nothing wrong with people calling you out for acting shitty.

Like personally the name change doesn't bother me in the slightest. However it is a dick move to be patronizing towards someone who has a reason for liking it. Which is how you are coming across.
Faffy the FauxFox

Postby Faffy the FauxFox » Mon Apr 18, 2016 4:00 am

why are they taking the name away and just keep "signature color" so people don't ask for it on another?

does this effect the surprise option? the new color system?
__________________________________________________________________________________
underwear is a hug for your butt
karla-chan

Postby karla-chan » Mon Apr 18, 2016 4:03 am

Faffy the FauxFox wrote:why are they taking the name away and just keep "signature color" so people don't ask for it on another?

does this effect the surprise option? the new color system?

Haven't they always had toy exclusive colours though?
Phelvia

Postby Phelvia » Mon Apr 18, 2016 5:39 am

Lipton wrote:Of course people have rights to be upset, but slowly it gets quite annoying. It's a difference between upset and whining around, BD is a company and they can do whatever they want and don't need to give any information about that. Is like always, they don't do an announcement and people get upset... they do an announcement and people also get upset. As company you never can make 100% of your customers happy. It is up to everyone if they agree to that and still buy or don't agree and stop buying but then just stop buying and move on and dont post everywhere around how shitty they are now becaus thats an own preference.

I personally really don't care if the toy is rainbow colored or whatever, in the end it's just a toy. I know thats also only an own preference and of course everyone can have their own opinion about that. But if you want to show that you disagree with them send them a ticket and tell them and dont be full negative in a forum where they dont care about it anyways. A lot people here still want to support BD and it's really annoying to read when everyone just repeats the same negative things.

Buy it or drop it, thats the best way to show that you agree or disagree with the things they do.

Yeah it does get annoying to a degree (if you generally don't care with the direction BD is going) to see so much discontent on the forums, so many threads have popped up regarding the issues that it's hard to escape. I feel bad coming onto the forums anymore because I feel like I just am going to rant...but it's not uncalled for. Even the mods that used to be around like Dasa to just talk with us have went into hiding because they're just going to avoid saying anything lest forum users get pissed at them for not knowing what's going on. (And for all we know they know just as much as us). Some users here have spent quite a lot of investment into this company and for a good reason; they have the most models, size options, and (used to be) custom options. A lot of people here don't want to go buy from another sex toy company because of one of these reasons but the main one is models. Sadly that's the issue. Many of us don't want to support BD but they also want a lot of the models that only they offer. Sure ____ company can give you the green highlight or polka dots on the toy but they don't have a lot of models that really appeal to everyone. I'm upset with BD and don't want to go out of my way to support them but you know what? If they have an adoption I want I'm getting it. I'm part of the problem I suppose because it's hypocritical but I also know that it doesn't matter if even everyone on the forums just boycotts BD because they have so many customers that we'd not phase them too much. And it's not like everyone on the forums would be willing to band together and boycott BD until ___happens. So why bother if no one else will do it? BD will move on without that one person.
To add, usually people band together for a cause in hopes that something will change. Maybe the constant complaining about BD is annoying to you, but a lot of people here feel like that's the only thing they can do and pray that BD listens or pays attention if they see that the topic is posted everywhere. If they see that this is posted a lot of places maybe they'll see they need to rethink what they're doing...or try a new approach.

Yes BD isn't beholden to give us any information on what it's doing. But it is a good marketing practice to give your customer base a heads up on what's going on and not wait 4 months to do it as you progressively eliminate more things. Yes people are still going to be upset with an announcement because, surprise surprise, there's a lot of things that weren't covered in the announcement (or people aren't happy with the answer they got). When BD used to ship models off to be legacies they had an announcement and a last chance sale. It's also common courtesy/good marketing to do this. I'm sure if a few users on here heard about Bruce having one more week to get, a few would have scrambled to grab one before having to pay $225 for Bruce now.

A few people have ticketed about their frustrations with BD. The response is "Thank you for your feedback, it will be passed on". The forums aren't just for praising BD. Like some have said, we're here to discuss BD. As said above, people are hoping if they incite enough frustrations then something will at least be announced. But of course the frustrations will continue to grow because BD is streamlining their company and taking away things that have been so normal for us to see/be able to get.

A toy is still a toy at the end of the day yes, but is also is something we generally like to have the option to chose what colors it is. Even if we're just laying there with our eyes closed using the toy and unable to actually see the colors, it still matters to a lot of us that we can customize it. (I mean I'm sure some reason of it has to do with the money, I mean we're dropping a hundred dollars on a toy, we at least are inclined to get it in a color we LIKE). And custom colors/options are a big deal. Not just for us but for BD it should be too. Beings their slogan is "Making your fantasies real!" and the newsletter they sent out saying "We'll be more than happy to try your idea for a custom(s) color". If this isn't the case, it's false advertising to a degree. Saying flat out "no we can't do this" ISN'T trying a color idea we had. Our "fantasies" shouldn't be limited to having to "settle" for a toy color instead. (Within reason of course. Having polka dots/stripes/specific colors in certain areas I don't think are doable for BD. I'm talking about highlights, being able to have 5 colors poured into a toy one after the other like full spectrum, maybe having 2/3's of a toy this color and 1/3 this color, maybe be able to mix one metallic with another that isn't a preset metallic, maybe we find out just why BD can't marble nonGITD with GITD)

Meer wrote:I don't want "exciting new colors that are much more simple" I want to order customs, I want you do not refuese anything unless it's actually impossible, not just cuz it's difficult and may flop. I don't care about wait time! I want a company that does that cares more about doing things right than doing things fast.

Pretty much this. To BD, I'd be more than happy to wait 3 months to at least get the toy I want, not the toy I had to settle for.
Fae Fantase

Postby Fae Fantase » Mon Apr 18, 2016 12:29 pm

Faffy the FauxFox wrote:why are they taking the name away and just keep "signature color" so people don't ask for it on another?

After I asked about a custom order in swapped colors I'm thinking this is the case. I was told that toys' signature color was only available on that model. CS said it had to do with manufacturing limitations. In the past they did do that signature color on at least two other models seen posted here as customs.
I've sold toys to over 17 different homes.
Faffy the FauxFox

Postby Faffy the FauxFox » Mon Apr 18, 2016 12:34 pm

lovelyscales wrote:

After I asked about a custom order in swapped colors I'm thinking this is the case. I was told that toys' signature color was only available on that model. CS said it had to do with manufacturing limitations. In the past they did do that signature color on at least two other models seen posted here as customs.

that seems strange . the idea that an Austin Signture on a small Nox is "oh it won't work". that is how it works?
__________________________________________________________________________________
underwear is a hug for your butt
Fae Fantase

Postby Fae Fantase » Mon Apr 18, 2016 12:42 pm

Faffy the FauxFox wrote:that seems strange . the idea that an Austin Signture on a small Nox is "oh it won't work". that is how it works?

BD said they were doing things with colors to streamline things and make things go faster to get customs out faster. It's been done before yet it appears it will not be done anymore due to streamlining/faster production.
I've sold toys to over 17 different homes.
HungryStray

Postby HungryStray » Mon Apr 18, 2016 12:58 pm

lovelyscales wrote:

What color and model if I may ask?
Soooo... I'm doing reviews now! http://doeadeert.tumblr.com/

"Oh bliss! Bliss and heaven! Oh, it was gorgeousness and gorgeousity made flesh. It was like a bird of rarest-spun heaven metal or like silvery wine flowing in a spaceship, gravity all nonsense now. As I slooshied, I knew such lovely pictures!" Alex (Malcolm McDowell)

Controversy is the seeds of change and enlightenment. The fruits we harvest today will be the compost of tomorrow.
miss_kofuku

Postby miss_kofuku » Mon Apr 18, 2016 1:13 pm

HungryStray wrote:
lovelyscales wrote:

What color and model if I may ask?

What's to stop you from ordering similar hexes as a custom? :tinfoil:
~Kofuku, resident Goddess

Sold to: Drayco, x6black6cat6x, Kap, MattMarshall178, justahornycpl, m13t, setekh, Rambus, vixenvega, wolfstardobe, imhereforeskin
Traded with: Armomen
:blush:
reine

Postby reine » Mon Apr 18, 2016 1:15 pm

lovelyscales wrote:

Which model/colour did you ask for? o:
I just ordered a large Gryphon in Regal Alpha (Crackers' Signature) last week, so I think it's only certain models/swaps (ie. Shimmerscale on Pretzal) that they won't do.
:psyduck:
Juneberry

Postby Juneberry » Mon Apr 18, 2016 2:17 pm

lovelyscales wrote:[bAfter I asked about a custom order in swapped colors I'm thinking this is the case. I was told that toys' signature color was only available on that model. CS said it had to do with manufacturing limitations. In the past they did do that signature color on at least two other models seen posted here as customs. [/b]

That's really weird, I was able to order a shimmerscale Stan just a few days ago. Maybe it just didn't work for the model you were asking for? Since I was told that shimmerscale couldn't be done on Stan on mini or small with a cumtube when I was talking to them

EDIT: Oops, quoted the wrong post

Return to “General Discussion”