Extremely disappointed!!!

Discuss anything related to Bad Dragon here!
Rainbow Dasher

Re: Extremely disappointed!!!

Postby Rainbow Dasher » Tue Apr 26, 2016 3:24 pm

Katomi wrote:
Thanks for writing this, I'm sure he will feel the sa very same way. But to me... I'm very perfectionistic. I could end up throwing this out in a rage.

I know you're pissed and upset, and I would be, too, but don't lose out 250 + dollars. If you hate it that much, take the 20 store credit, and then sell that one in second hand, unopened for what you paid. I know you're seriously upset, but don't let that cost you cash.

At the very least, show your partner and see if he would still like it. I know there have been times where I've gotten something for my husband, it hasn't come out right at all, I've been upset and wanted rid of it, but he was just fine with what it was.
Pansexual|Married|Writer|Artist|Foodie|Pegasister|Spiritual|Crafter|Blogger|Adrenaline Junkie|Furry| Owns a lot of fucking dicks.
Fae Fantase

Postby Fae Fantase » Tue Apr 26, 2016 4:05 pm

Rainbow Dasher wrote:I know you're pissed and upset, and I would be, too, but don't lose out 250 + dollars. If you hate it that much, take the 20 store credit, and then sell that one in second hand, unopened for what you paid. I know you're seriously upset, but don't let that cost you cash.

At the very least, show your partner and see if he would still like it. I know there have been times where I've gotten something for my husband, it hasn't come out right at all, I've been upset and wanted rid of it, but he was just fine with what it was.

This is good advice. You may be able to get the store credit and sell this one second hand. If you refrain from opening it, it will have more value.

I hope things work out with it. Perhaps your partner will still like it. I agree that really does not look like a custom marble more something I would see in adoptions. I've been told by 2 or 3 people who've contacted customer service about custom marbles that they try to blend the colors as evenly as possible. It surprises me this was not remade with this one put up as a rogue color in stock. Maybe that's only for insertables :mystery:.
I've sold toys to over 17 different homes.
Conrad

Postby Conrad » Tue Apr 26, 2016 4:08 pm

miss_kofuku wrote:
Not to defend BD, I have seen some truly unfortunate pours, like Charizard's! That was not close! There was a guy who got a Kage that looked gross in normal lighting, those are very wrong too (blood in sewer water, I think he called it).

Aye. That was me. The differences between the stock image and the actual colours in reality were starkly different.

This is the stock image:
https://bad-dragon.com/images/inventory ... 60dfc4.JPG

And the colours when he's in hand...

IMG_17724.jpg

Sadly, this is more a trick-of-the-light kind of thing. (A pretty major one at that.) Whoever takes these photo's does a damn good job of bringing out the colours as much as possible, but a lot of the time they are just not accurate. (I've had this with multiple toys already. Most have been close, but some have been quite different.

In regards to the OP, I'm sorry it didn't turn out quite like what you expected. Personally nearly all of my toys are adoptions. Only one custom among them. With the sheer cost of customs, and the risks involved I simply cannot warrant purchasing them.
Toy Count: 44
Fae Fantase

Postby Fae Fantase » Tue Apr 26, 2016 4:12 pm

Conrad wrote:Aye. That was me. The differences between the stock image and the actual colours in reality were starkly different.

This is the stock image:

IMG_17724.jpg

Sadly, this is more a trick-of-the-light kind of thing. (A pretty major one at that.) Whoever takes these photo's does a damn good job of bringing out the colours as much as possible, but a lot of the time they are just not accurate. (I've had this with multiple toys already. Most have been close, but some have been quite different.

Woah the colors are way different! Did you get any closure on this because it's so different IRL than the pictures? For what it's worth I still think it's a lovely toy. Very different from the stock pic of course yet still neat and unique.
Conrad

Postby Conrad » Tue Apr 26, 2016 4:16 pm

lovelyscales wrote:
Conrad wrote:Aye. That was me. The differences between the stock image and the actual colours in reality were starkly different.

This is the stock image:

IMG_17724.jpg

Woah the colors are way different! Did you get any closure on this because it's so different IRL than the pictures? For what it's worth I still think it's a lovely toy. Very different from the stock pic of course yet still neat and unique.

Considering he was an inventory toy (All sales final, toys are sold as is, etc etc.) I didn't feel the hassle of going through a ticket would be worth it in the end. I've had good experiences with customer service in the past, but reading a lot of posts around here about people's dealings when it comes to customs... well, I didn't think it was worth the time to go through the same hoops with an Adoption.

Don't get me wrong, he's a lovely little toy (Still hoping for a full release) but the colours were certainly a shock.
Rainbow Dasher

Postby Rainbow Dasher » Tue Apr 26, 2016 4:21 pm

Reminds me of one of my adopts, that turned out to be a gross gray, with a swirl of yellow on the bottom, and this pink swirly stripe-thing going down the side. I knew it was grey in the adopt photo, but I didn't know it was *that* murky and gross in RL, or I probably wouldn't have bought it.
Pansexual|Married|Writer|Artist|Foodie|Pegasister|Spiritual|Crafter|Blogger|Adrenaline Junkie|Furry| Owns a lot of fucking dicks.
Willow

Postby Willow » Tue Apr 26, 2016 9:26 pm

Maybe it's a color of light they use. Like some supermarket will use soft warm light near the meat to bring out the red/pink. Some jewelry stores use darker, color colors tends to make their wears sparkle (although it also depends on type).
So I don't know what BD uses for lighting... and I doubt they will tell us, they don't like to be transparent with ANYTHING inside the company. They won't even tell us if they have Pepsi or Coke in the breakroom... cause, you know, that matters.
You can sleep with ablonde,you can sleep withbrunettebut you'll never get any sleep with aredhead.
A wolf in the streets... a fox in the sheets.
robotparade

Postby robotparade » Tue Apr 26, 2016 9:55 pm

The only toy I bought directly from BD was a premade Nox that turned out to be slightly less eyeburning neon than the stock photo, but the colors were otherwise accurate. It was sold as a frankenpour but it's a better marble than a lot of the toys BD actually advertises as marbles :psyduck: I love the three BD toys I have, but I think I lucked out. Honestly I'm not impressed with their fancier/custom pours compared to other makers.
gotta catch 'em all

|| BD Nox in Frankenpour || DA Satyr in Marble || DA Average Alien in Marble || EE James in UV Green ||
||BD Gryphon in Frankenpour || BD Flint in Infinity Star || FB Tyrant in Cosmic Tiger ||
Hoofs_N_Horns

Postby Hoofs_N_Horns » Tue Apr 26, 2016 10:07 pm

Conrad wrote:
miss_kofuku wrote:
Not to defend BD, I have seen some truly unfortunate pours, like Charizard's! That was not close! There was a guy who got a Kage that looked gross in normal lighting, those are very wrong too (blood in sewer water, I think he called it).

Aye. That was me. The differences between the stock image and the actual colours in reality were starkly different.

This is the stock image:

IMG_17724.jpg

In regards to the OP, I'm sorry it didn't turn out quite like what you expected. Personally nearly all of my toys are adoptions. Only one custom among them. With the sheer cost of customs, and the risks involved I simply cannot warrant purchasing them.

That's the art of taking good product photos :stick: I have seen a few forum members who take high quality photos of their toys - practically at the level of BD - but most of the time it's a cheap camera, hand held with improper use of flash so of course they look worse. As long as BD doesn't Photoshop the images to remove defects or really alter colors, I don't think there's anything deceptive about it. They have to take a photo and they have no clue what kind of lighting the buyer has at home.
Penetrables comparison: here
Katomi

Postby Katomi » Wed Apr 27, 2016 12:29 am

Rainbow Dasher wrote:
Katomi wrote: he was just fine with what it was. [/color]

Don't think anybody will give me 150 or even 130$ for this. Besides, his birthday is in a month. I really wanted to give him a shark. Don't think I will get the 20$ store credit after writing this answer. But that is exactly how I feel.

"How should I understand this? So YOU think this is a good marble? It's a red toy and not what I ordered. How can this pass any "high" standards? I have spend sooo much money on your products and I really feel let down now. This marble is beyond bad and I cant see how this company can send this out to me. Should have been a flop and no. It's actually not acceptable. I don't need 20$ store credit but a nice marble to give to my bf. I want another and decent marble. I'm really upset about this. If you cant make good customs you shouldn't offer them. Is money more important than happy customers? Everybody who have seen this marble think it's as bad as I do. I'm not a person who complians ever. But this is so not okay that I have to."

Feel I can't support this company any more. Sadly. So many items I still want so... yeah :/ I was really happy in the beginning though. Too bad.
thesharkwhisperer

Postby thesharkwhisperer » Wed Apr 27, 2016 2:46 am

Katomi wrote:If you cant make good customs you shouldn't offer them.

Come to think of it, this type of reaction might actually be why they became so reluctant when it comes to customs and why they took away more and more options over those past two years.
History nerd - Dino lover - Pokémon - HUBBADUH
Conrad

Postby Conrad » Wed Apr 27, 2016 2:53 am

Hoofs_N_Horns wrote:That's the art of taking good product photos :stick: I have seen a few forum members who take high quality photos of their toys - practically at the level of BD - but most of the time it's a cheap camera, hand held with improper use of flash so of course they look worse. As long as BD doesn't Photoshop the images to remove defects or really alter colors, I don't think there's anything deceptive about it. They have to take a photo and they have no clue what kind of lighting the buyer has at home.

I highly doubt BD altered the photo in any fashion. :unamused: Regardless, I was expecting something along the lines of a creamy vanilla and red swirl and was thoroughly disappointed . It looks nothing like the stock photo in any other light.

Just dont always expect the stock photo to accurately represent a product I suppose :widesmile:
thesharkwhisperer

Postby thesharkwhisperer » Wed Apr 27, 2016 3:00 am

Conrad wrote:
Hoofs_N_Horns wrote:That's the art of taking good product photos :stick: I have seen a few forum members who take high quality photos of their toys - practically at the level of BD - but most of the time it's a cheap camera, hand held with improper use of flash so of course they look worse. As long as BD doesn't Photoshop the images to remove defects or really alter colors, I don't think there's anything deceptive about it. They have to take a photo and they have no clue what kind of lighting the buyer has at home.

I highly doubt BD altered the photo in any fashion. :unamused: Regardless, I was expecting something along the lines of a creamy vanilla and red swirl and was thoroughly disappointed . It looks nothing like the stock photo in any other light.

Just dont always expect the stock photo to accurately represent a product I suppose :widesmile:

I feel you on that one. Sometimes, toys arrived and it was not really what I expected. I think it's because they use a really powerful flash that make the colors shine like crazy. Even when I take pics myself, my toys sometimes look completely different depending on the flash and the angle I take the pic from. So I had the quite the confusion sometimes :smilenox: Also you have an amazing icon.
History nerd - Dino lover - Pokémon - HUBBADUH
Katomi

Postby Katomi » Wed Apr 27, 2016 3:16 am

thesharkwhisperer wrote:
Katomi wrote:If you cant make good customs you shouldn't offer them.

Come to think of it, this type of reaction might actually be why they became so reluctant when it comes to customs and why they took away more and more options over those past two years.

Rather that than thinking about a custom for ages and paying extra to get a very disappointing result.
Fae Fantase

Postby Fae Fantase » Wed Apr 27, 2016 2:57 pm

I think BD has been cutting back on options due to the fact they keep mentioning streamlining and getting toys out faster. Toys can be produced and shipped faster with less custom options. They have had a huge amount of orders since at least Black Friday.

miss_kofuku wrote: I have seen some actually bad, lazy marbles! Like this one!
da bears lol.jpg

Was that a custom or ready made?

I did get a toy that part of the shaft was darker on and more of a yellowish-tan color IRL. In the picture it looked like a pale cream. I didn't hate it yet it wasn't what I was expecting. Thankfully found someone who wanted it a lot more. I also bought a toy where only one side was shown and it had red marbling. The rest of the toy lacks the red marbling. It still has a neat bubbly metallic effect though. I think the way their lighting is can affect how the color appears in ready made photos. Apparently with Mars for example it's IMO even prettier in person than their stock photos and has a more coppery tone to it in person
Naughty Panda

Postby Naughty Panda » Wed Apr 27, 2016 6:13 pm

Willow wrote:Maybe it's a color of light they use. Like some supermarket will use soft warm light near the meat to bring out the red/pink. Some jewelry stores use darker, color colors tends to make their wears sparkle (although it also depends on type).

Personally, I like the 4000K-5000K color temp range the best for my lighting.
Futa Princess

Postby Futa Princess » Wed Apr 27, 2016 9:20 pm

Try to sell it and use the money to buy a penetrable from Frisky Beast or Primal Hardwere. FB sometimes can take a long time but it's worth it.
❤ Female ❤ Taken ❤ Hetro boreing I know.. ^^; ❤ gamer ❤ nature lover ❤ agnostic ❤ bara lover

Lơ͘͞o͜k͞ ͘͝a̢̕t̕͏ ҉͜t̷̨͞h̛e̕͝ c̶l̵̕ow̡͢n̡.̨
Katomi

Postby Katomi » Thu Apr 28, 2016 12:31 am

Raphs girl wrote:Try to sell it and use the money to buy a penetrable from Frisky Beast or Primal Hardwere. FB sometimes can take a long time but it's worth it.

I want to, but his birthday is in 1 month. Don't even know what penetrables from other companies are good. Too much right now.
Vitani

Postby Vitani » Thu Apr 28, 2016 8:51 am

I do agree that this marble looks....less than good lol.

However you have to consider a few factors
Penetrable toys are definitely more complicated to produce than insertables. That's why they cannot support fades, and presumably, why they cannot support split color lips anymore.
It is entirely possible that BD's standards for marbles on penetrables is different than the standards for insertables for this reason.

Again, I really feel like this should have been one of those times where BD sends you a pic of the toy to ask if you liked it before sending it out to you...as it may meet their standards, but not their customers, as your order was primarily black, not red.
LurkingWolf

Postby LurkingWolf » Thu Apr 28, 2016 9:41 am

Wait, is that even the right toy? It looks like a Natascha in that photo, not an anthro shark. Is it possible they just accidentally mixed up you order with a different penetrable they had laying around?
:misc2:

Return to “General Discussion”