Greyfurs of Bad Dragon!

Discuss anything related to Bad Dragon here!
Shardik

Greyfurs of Bad Dragon!

Postby Shardik » Thu Apr 28, 2016 7:34 pm

There are days, I admit, when I feel like I'm the only greyfur on Bad Dragon. Everyone else her is so damn young, I feel a bit like a creep at times; at other times I marvel, and sometimes envy, the twenty-somethings who have all these marvelous toys to play with that I didn't have when I was going through what they are. Since I just hit fifty (and wouldn't you know it, my body has decided to announce that the warranty has expired; literally a week after my birthday I got diagnosed with inflammatory syndrome and something horrible called chronic desquamitive gingivitis), I wonder if I'm the official Old Fart, or if there's anyone else on the forums older than 40 who can commiserate with me?
Current Collection:
► Show Spoiler
DragonDestroyer

Re: Greyfurs of Bad Dragon!

Postby DragonDestroyer » Thu Apr 28, 2016 7:37 pm

Shardik wrote:...

Well, I am one of those twenty somethings that you are envious of, not a fellow member of your clan. I can say that I empathize with your conditions and am glad that you've found this place. What is the saying.. "Better late than never", yes?

I'm quite certain that we've managed to attract members of all age here, hopefully some close to you show up out of the woodwork!
WhiteWulfe

Postby WhiteWulfe » Thu Apr 28, 2016 8:17 pm

I'm 33 and I'm envious of all these younger ones who don't have to pay a mortgage yet! When I was early 20's, all we had was ZC and their poor quality control and customer care.... Let's just say that I'm surprised they're still somehow in operation. I'm also surprised that the toys I bought from them haven't melted, or attached themselves to the table!
Willow

Postby Willow » Thu Apr 28, 2016 8:23 pm

I'm merely 36, but since I have a shorter life span, I could be considered "up there". I feel like an old fogey and always have. didn't relate to people my own age when I was younger, but also could be because of my gender identity. I got ripped away from friends later in my life... twice. Feel like I wasted the best portions on my life on doomed realtionships.
God, I'm depressing.
... I want to experience all things I wanted an liked before I am no longer able to. Explains why I have as much sex as I do.
You can sleep with ablonde,you can sleep withbrunettebut you'll never get any sleep with aredhead.
A wolf in the streets... a fox in the sheets.
Shardik

Postby Shardik » Thu Apr 28, 2016 8:41 pm

DragonDestroyer wrote:I can say that I empathize with your conditions and am glad that you've found this place. What is the saying.. "Better late than never", yes?

Well, I started doing horribly kinky things to my body shortly after puberty. It's just that when I was old enough to buy them, the toys we had available were just plain awful. There's a reason I've thrown most of them out and replaced them with Bad Dragon and SquarePeg!
Current Collection:
► Show Spoiler
Hoofs_N_Horns

Postby Hoofs_N_Horns » Thu Apr 28, 2016 8:50 pm

Willow wrote:I'm merely 36, but since I have a shorter life span, I could be considered "up there". I feel like an old fogey and always have. didn't relate to people my own age when I was younger,

That describes me 100% :3 I just have nothing in common with people my own age and the younger they are - the more pronounced it is. But I go even further... I have long envied people much older than myself. Because well to put it bluntly they are closer to the end and don't have all the suffering and uncertainty that I have ahead of me. I don't particularly look forward to another 30 years of meaningless work and struggle. I wish I was retired already and could find some peace. I'm stuck in the middle, I already see signs my body isn't what it once was and yet there's no peace of old age. Blah lol!

Ok ok it's not really that bad... I am more comfortable with my body and mind now than I ever was before. I certainly wouldn't choose to go back to the bad old days of teens or early 20s.
Penetrables comparison: here
lizardbreath

Postby lizardbreath » Fri Apr 29, 2016 1:31 am

Shardik wrote:There are days, I admit, when I feel like I'm the only greyfur on Bad Dragon. Everyone else her is so damn young, I feel a bit like a creep at times; at other times I marvel, and sometimes envy, the twenty-somethings who have all these marvelous toys to play with that I didn't have when I was going through what they are. Since I just hit fifty (and wouldn't you know it, my body has decided to announce that the warranty has expired; literally a week after my birthday I got diagnosed with inflammatory syndrome and something horrible called chronic desquamitive gingivitis), I wonder if I'm the official Old Fart, or if there's anyone else on the forums older than 40 who can commiserate with me?

*waves*
Upper side of 40 here

Warranty expiring on various bits aaaaalllllllll the damn time :(
You can have my caffeine when you pry it from my cold dead hands. And possibly not even then.
Pretzal queen!!
pls contact me if you saw anything in my collection you covet :) the worst i can do is say "no"
[
Laura the Nord

Postby Laura the Nord » Fri Apr 29, 2016 3:26 am

lizardbreath wrote:
Shardik wrote:There are days, I admit, when I feel like I'm the only greyfur on Bad Dragon. Everyone else her is so damn young, I feel a bit like a creep at times; at other times I marvel, and sometimes envy, the twenty-somethings who have all these marvelous toys to play with that I didn't have when I was going through what they are. Since I just hit fifty (and wouldn't you know it, my body has decided to announce that the warranty has expired; literally a week after my birthday I got diagnosed with inflammatory syndrome and something horrible called chronic desquamitive gingivitis), I wonder if I'm the official Old Fart, or if there's anyone else on the forums older than 40 who can commiserate with me?

*waves*
Upper side of 40 here

I'm just merely 18, but in my opinion age doesn't matter. As cheesy as it might sound, you're all aging like fine wines ready to be opened and enjoyed, you're all nice and wonderful people. ^^
lizardbreath

Postby lizardbreath » Fri Apr 29, 2016 4:35 am

Laura the Nord wrote:
lizardbreath wrote:

*waves*
Upper side of 40 here

I'm just merely 18, but in my opinion age doesn't matter. As cheesy as it might sound, you're all aging like fine wines ready to be opened and enjoyed, you're all nice and wonderful people. ^^

:)
You can have my caffeine when you pry it from my cold dead hands. And possibly not even then.
Pretzal queen!!
pls contact me if you saw anything in my collection you covet :) the worst i can do is say "no"
[
Gonzo

Postby Gonzo » Fri Apr 29, 2016 8:05 am

LOL.... yeah most people here are quite young.
I still feel young after forty years even though I do notice that I am not as fit as I was 20 years ago.... and my hair is indeed turning grey :D
The life lessons us grey furs have learned might actually be to our advantage; as the saying goes:"with age comes wisdom."
Let alone the fact that we actually have more money to spend than when we were younger :D
Last edited by Gonzo on Fri Apr 29, 2016 11:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
AltheaThune

Postby AltheaThune » Fri Apr 29, 2016 10:24 am

Yep, 47 years old and many days it feels more like 80.

I think the demographics of the forums skew very young, like 18-24. I'm very curious to know how that compares to the demographics of BD customers who don't use the forums.
FOR SALE: Mountain Drake (OS/5), Legacy Naga (S/8), Sleipnir (S/5), Sleipnir (Mini/3), Trent (M/5), Tyson (S/5). Additional info in my profile. PM me for details.
Lipton

Postby Lipton » Fri Apr 29, 2016 10:29 am

Well then I'm probably one of the young ones :stick:
Toys I want to buy:
- Elypse Art: Neo & Vixen
- BD April Fool Toys: Red Rocket & Fire Hydrant

I'm located in Germany, feel free to send me a message if you're selling one of these.
lizardbreath

Postby lizardbreath » Fri Apr 29, 2016 10:29 am

AltheaThune wrote:Yep, 47 years old and many days it feels more like 80.

I think the demographics of the forums skew very young, like 18-24. I'm very curious to know how that compares to the demographics of BD customers who don't use the forums.

I did just make a convert out of 51 yr old
(Went from "ew! Dildo" to "sooooo you were going to sell that?" Over about 6 months. Just left 'em on a shelf where she could see them. Huh. I guess they did the converting)
She has nooooooo interest in the forums!
Pretzal queen!!
[
tl1ksdragon

Postby tl1ksdragon » Fri Apr 29, 2016 2:34 pm

Laura the Nord wrote:
lizardbreath wrote:

*waves*
Upper side of 40 here

This. I think you are only as old as you feel. I am only 30, but the only downside to why I feel that old is my weight, and the lack of speed that accompanies it. Other than that I feel like I did at 20. No bone, joint, or back problems. Got a little male pattern baldness going on. And a few greys in the beard. I guess I am getting there number wise, but I still feel young.
Click here to highlight these words in my signature. Or long press with your finger and then try and highlight, which we all know never works well due to the touchscreen sensitivity. :words:
Toys: Small/5/Nox in ugly colors
Medium/Medium FB Atlas Lion Heatwave Purple
Rainbow Dasher

Postby Rainbow Dasher » Fri Apr 29, 2016 2:51 pm

I'm in my late 30's, but I've been feeling like I'm 80, for a veeeeeery long time. That count? :stick:
Pansexual|Married|Writer|Artist|Foodie|Pegasister|Spiritual|Crafter|Blogger|Adrenaline Junkie|Furry| Owns a lot of fucking dicks.
3TK

Postby 3TK » Fri Apr 29, 2016 3:01 pm

Last edited by 3TK on Fri Jun 10, 2016 12:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dusksong

Postby Dusksong » Fri Apr 29, 2016 5:43 pm

I guess I qualify, though I don't feel grey (or have any, for that matter... fingers crossed!)
Image Be true, be brave, stand. All the rest is darkness. - Stephen King
* Toys for sale & Wanted in my profile! *
Fox-Titan

Postby Fox-Titan » Fri Apr 29, 2016 8:07 pm

I turn 21 in December and I already feel like I'm about to hit sixty. It's true when they say you're as old as you feel, but this is ridiculous. But hey, we're all adults here right?
Titania Andersen

Selling a medium Kelvin! PM for information
DoorsofDurin

Postby DoorsofDurin » Fri Apr 29, 2016 8:12 pm

I'm 40 but didn't expect to be above the age cut off for this?
Collection and wishes under spoiler.
► Show Spoiler
Soundless

Postby Soundless » Sat Apr 30, 2016 2:43 pm

I don't identify as a greyfur due to not being a furry, but I did turn 43 on the 24th of this month, cannot pretend to not be seeing grey hairs, or pretend to not see signs of a receding hairline.

Personally, I got a late start with toying due to personal hangups, so I didn't start toying until around July 2012 (not counting a couple of toys that I tried and then threw away), which means that I was 39 years old, but as has already been pointed out, better late than never. I don't envy youth as youth doesn't necessarily equate to health, I do envy health and physical fitness. I don't feel out of place due to age, rather, having started so late I find myself feeling happy when young people post as it means that they didn't wait so long.
Deadpool. Times watched: 9 and counting...

Return to “General Discussion”