Sunrise!

Discuss anything related to Bad Dragon here!
karla-chan

Re: Sunrise!

Postby karla-chan » Sat Apr 30, 2016 4:15 am

Amaranthe wrote:I can't stop thinking of Iron Man when I look at the photo, especially that Flint! I don't dislike this color, but I think I liked Mars Ascending a little better. Ah, well. I wonder when this color will be featured on the front banner?

I didn't see the Iron Man when I saw it, but now it has been said I am forever seeing that.

I feel the same about the Mars Ascending. I also feel that when it switches over to be fully the sun, it will probably be a little boring on it's own.
Hoofs_N_Horns

Postby Hoofs_N_Horns » Sat Apr 30, 2016 5:38 am

AltheaThune wrote:Anyone else here watch Game of Thrones? It's House Lannister colors.

Ah. How MUCH more appealing to think of shoving a Lannister up my rear than a poor Gryffindor :smile:
Penetrables comparison: here
NaughtyMewMew

Postby NaughtyMewMew » Sat Apr 30, 2016 7:44 am

So, assuming I have the money for it after my bills all clear, I'm thinking of getting either Clayton or Roland in this color. Any suggestions on which one I should go for? Both look pretty fun. Roland has a nice knot, but Clayton has all those fun looking bumps, so I'm not sure which one to go for. They both would look pretty awesome with this color, I think.
Is finally the proud and pleasured owner of Zalkin, the adopted Anthro Dragon! v1
Order #8465
naughtybun

Postby naughtybun » Sat Apr 30, 2016 7:57 am

I think a gold would have been better than the muddyish yellow. But i just don't like yellow. lol
add, depression, anxiety. thanks mother nature.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
https://www.f-list.net/c/naughtybun
Soundless

Postby Soundless » Sat Apr 30, 2016 1:43 pm

I can't say that I care for the color, my bigger issue is that it's a marble, there's just no telling what you're going to get when you order a made to order marble (imo, marbles are better when you can actually see what you're buying before buying it).

Also, the sale doesn't seem to be active despite saying that it's active as the Mars color is still showing up when configuring a toy.
Deadpool. Times watched: 9 and counting...
alphys

Postby alphys » Sat Apr 30, 2016 1:44 pm

This honestly reminds me a bit too much of Jasper from SU :bugeyed:
SuperSchwiizer

Postby SuperSchwiizer » Sun May 01, 2016 2:55 pm

So despite the fact that this color is on the Sales & Promos page, and I got an email about it... I can't find this color option in any product customization menus, nor does it seem to exist in the adoptions. There's also no picture of it on the main website page and there were never any 'official' forum posts about it (that I can find). What gives, BD? Does this color even exist?
:psyduck:
Toys Owned:
S/5 Rex, S/5 Nox, S/5 Crash, S/5 Roland, Mini/8 Sleipnir, S/5 Moko, Soft TnP Poseidon
Rainbow Dasher

Postby Rainbow Dasher » Sun May 01, 2016 3:00 pm

^ I checked out a few models and some of them don't have the option under the drop-down menu, and some of them are still displaying mars, as a colour option, but not seeing sunrise, anywhere.
Pansexual|Married|Writer|Artist|Foodie|Pegasister|Spiritual|Crafter|Blogger|Adrenaline Junkie|Furry| Owns a lot of fucking dicks.
SuperSchwiizer

Postby SuperSchwiizer » Sun May 01, 2016 3:02 pm

Rainbow Dasher wrote:^ I checked out a few models and some of them don't have the option under the drop-down menu, and some of them are still displaying mars, as a colour option, but not seeing sunrise, anywhere.

I can't even find Mars-- I tried a few models in varying sizes and the only non-solid non-signature color they have is 4th Kind. :mystery:
Toys Owned:
S/5 Rex, S/5 Nox, S/5 Crash, S/5 Roland, Mini/8 Sleipnir, S/5 Moko, Soft TnP Poseidon
Amaranthe

Postby Amaranthe » Sun May 01, 2016 3:05 pm

SuperSchwiizer wrote:
Rainbow Dasher wrote:^ I checked out a few models and some of them don't have the option under the drop-down menu, and some of them are still displaying mars, as a colour option, but not seeing sunrise, anywhere.

I can't even find Mars-- I tried a few models in varying sizes and the only non-solid non-signature color they have is 4th Kind. :mystery:

Mars is one of the orange squares, and also shows up in the drop-down. Which models couldn't you find it for? Maybe they are in process of taking away Mars and adding in Sunrise, though you'd think they would have had all that stuff set and ready to go the day they released Sunrise. Though, it didn't even make it on the banner yet so I would still be waiting for it to show up if not for the forums! I guess there's always ticketing? :sniffing:
Rainbow Dasher

Postby Rainbow Dasher » Sun May 01, 2016 3:07 pm

SuperSchwiizer wrote:I can't even find Mars-- I tried a few models in varying sizes and the only non-solid non-signature color they have is 4th Kind. :mystery:

I found Mars under the drop-down menu for Bumble Hooves, Rex, Austin, Tyson, Nocturne, Roland, kage Mountain Drake, Stan... Those were all I checked.

Echo doesn't have Mars or Sunrise.
Pansexual|Married|Writer|Artist|Foodie|Pegasister|Spiritual|Crafter|Blogger|Adrenaline Junkie|Furry| Owns a lot of fucking dicks.
NaughtyMewMew

Postby NaughtyMewMew » Mon May 02, 2016 11:52 am

Sunrise is finally showing up as a color option for Clayton, which I think is the toy I'll get. It adds $10, but I guess that's because it's a marble? Will probably get Roland in regular Sun when that one comes around in a bit. Now if my bills would all clear so I can confirm I have money to spare on a toy.
Is finally the proud and pleasured owner of Zalkin, the adopted Anthro Dragon! v1
Order #8465
SuperSchwiizer

Postby SuperSchwiizer » Tue May 03, 2016 5:46 pm

Amaranthe wrote:
SuperSchwiizer wrote:

Mars is one of the orange squares, and also shows up in the drop-down. Which models couldn't you find it for? Maybe they are in process of taking away Mars and adding in Sunrise, though you'd think they would have had all that stuff set and ready to go the day they released Sunrise. Though, it didn't even make it on the banner yet so I would still be waiting for it to show up if not for the forums! I guess there's always ticketing? :sniffing:

After two days of not being able to check, looks like Sunrise is now actually showing up on the models I was looking at! But, still nothing on the forums or the main page... Seems like they're kinda doing a choppy job with this promo.
Toys Owned:
Soundless

Postby Soundless » Tue May 03, 2016 5:52 pm

SuperSchwiizer wrote:After two days of not being able to check, looks like Sunrise is now actually showing up on the models I was looking at! But, still nothing on the forums or the main page... Seems like they're kinda doing a choppy job with this promo.

It's on the main page, it's just that they put it in-between the Demon Dick and the Diamond coloration promo, in other words, the number 3 slot.
Deadpool. Times watched: 9 and counting...
Fae Fantase

Postby Fae Fantase » Tue May 03, 2016 8:52 pm

Soundless wrote:I can't say that I care for the color, my bigger issue is that it's a marble, there's just no telling what you're going to get when you order a made to order marble (imo, marbles are better when you can actually see what you're buying before buying it).

This. I have been told by a few different people who talked to CS that they try to do a more even marble for customs. I would rather have tight or all over the place marbles. Like the painterly and transitional marbles Damn Average did for the March marble promotion....that sort of wild marble effect.
I've sold toys to over 17 different homes.
VampireTampon

Postby VampireTampon » Fri May 20, 2016 11:20 pm

Sorry to bump this, but does anyone remember the color code for Sunrise?
"Nothing goes better with butter than more butter" -Paula Deen
WTB AURORA OR RAINBOW RIBBON SMALL NOCTURNE!
thesharkwhisperer

Postby thesharkwhisperer » Fri May 20, 2016 11:58 pm

VampireTampon wrote:Sorry to bump this, but does anyone remember the color code for Sunrise?

I think I wrote it down for future reference, what I got is
P : FF7A00
S : FF552B

But I believe this will only give you matte coloration ? Would probably be better to contact BD to be sure about the colors.
History nerd - Dino lover - Pokémon - HUBBADUH
VampireTampon

Postby VampireTampon » Sat May 21, 2016 7:21 am

thesharkwhisperer wrote:
VampireTampon wrote:Sorry to bump this, but does anyone remember the color code for Sunrise?

But I believe this will only give you matte coloration ? Would probably be better to contact BD to be sure about the colors.

Thank you very much!

If that is the correct color code, it's interesting how the colors on the site's tool look very different from the actual colors. The metallic rusty red, for example, just looks like a regular orange on the tool.

If something similar is happening with the End of Days colors, then perhaps the pictures aren't as far from what the colors may look like under regular lighting.
"Nothing goes better with butter than more butter" -Paula Deen
WTB AURORA OR RAINBOW RIBBON SMALL NOCTURNE!
thesharkwhisperer

Postby thesharkwhisperer » Sat May 21, 2016 2:46 pm

VampireTampon wrote:
thesharkwhisperer wrote:

Thank you very much!

If that is the correct color code, it's interesting how the colors on the site's tool look very different from the actual colors. The metallic rusty red, for example, just looks like a regular orange on the tool.

If something similar is happening with the End of Days colors, then perhaps the pictures aren't as far from what the colors may look like under regular lighting.

No problem ! I think it was the same issue with the Mars coloration looking plain orange in the drop down menu, which caused a lot of confusion, and I think the rusty red from sunrise is actually the Mars color mixed with the Sun one, so it would explain why it looks orange in the color menu as well. I never really got WHY it looked orange in the first place, though.

I think that from now on I am going to write down the codes for special colorations, especially limited ones. Could be useful to have them around.
History nerd - Dino lover - Pokémon - HUBBADUH

Return to “General Discussion”