How well do BD toys work with harnesses?

Discuss anything related to Bad Dragon here!
Kamots

How well do BD toys work with harnesses?

Postby Kamots » Mon May 02, 2016 5:38 am

I have a general inquiry about the functionality of BD toys when it comes to use with a harness. As a trans man I am looking to be able to use my toys for solo play, as well as, with a partner. I am looking into purchasing either Fenrir or Breeder in size medium. My main concern is that these toys will be too heavy to stay securely in the harness that I own, which is the RodeOH slip on brief style. I have had issues using some dicks in the past (i.e. cock does not remain completely secure, weight shifts the harness, etc.) I would love if someone from the community could share their experience/s with me when it comes to this. Thank you in advance.
~Kamots~
"Stay greasy, my friends."
corpxbox

Re: How well do BD toys work with harnesses?

Postby corpxbox » Mon May 02, 2016 6:05 pm

hey! so I own a rodeoh harness as well (the original design brief with a 1.5in o ring) and though I haven't yet had the chance to actually use any bd toys in the harness I can tell you that the medium fenrir (5 firmness) does fit! but you have to work it in base first, i didnt even try to put it in tip first, the knot seems wayy to big to fit in the o ring.

the base is bigger than the o ring but since the toys have so much more give than tantus toys, for example, you can just wiggle it in and it seems pretty solid. I cannot remember how much of a pull it has based on the weight but I can check when I get home. but it didnt seem like it would fall out considering it takes a little work to get it in (and out) the harness in the first place

my friend currently has a medium Nova (also 5 firmness) so next time i see her I can check to see if it fits but from what I remember its too big. unfortunately i do not have a medium breeder so i do not know if that toy will fit.

just the other night I actually took a little time to see what toys did and did not fit and I remember that mini crackers (5-3 firmness) and mini sleipnir (5 firmness) fit it perfectly. if you see any toys on my profile you want me to check with the harness I can do that when I get home!

there are also tutorials on how to make your own underwear harness that might be a better fit for bd toys considering how big they are. oh joy sex toy has a tutorial but i personally like the layout of this tutorial better (though its basically the same thing), hope this helps!!!
Kamots

Postby Kamots » Tue May 03, 2016 8:43 am

corpxbox wrote:hey! so I own a rodeoh harness as well (the original design brief with a 1.5in o ring) and though I haven't yet had the chance to actually use any bd toys in the harness I can tell you that the medium fenrir (5 firmness) does fit! but you have to work it in base first, i didnt even try to put it in tip first, the knot seems wayy to big to fit in the o ring.

the base is bigger than the o ring but since the toys have so much more give than tantus toys, for example, you can just wiggle it in and it seems pretty solid. I cannot remember how much of a pull it has based on the weight but I can check when I get home. but it didnt seem like it would fall out considering it takes a little work to get it in (and out) the harness in the first place

my friend currently has a medium Nova (also 5 firmness) so next time i see her I can check to see if it fits but from what I remember its too big. unfortunately i do not have a medium breeder so i do not know if that toy will fit.

just the other night I actually took a little time to see what toys did and did not fit and I remember that mini crackers (5-3 firmness) and mini sleipnir (5 firmness) fit it perfectly. if you see any toys on my profile you want me to check with the harness I can do that when I get home!

there are also tutorials on how to make your own underwear harness that might be a better fit for bd toys considering how big they are. oh joy sex toy has a tutorial but i personally like the layout of this tutorial better (though its basically the same thing), hope this helps!!!

WOW! Thank you for taking the time to give me such a detailed response! Much kudos to you. Even more relevant is the fact we have the same harness...can't get a much closer answer than that, eh? I digress - so I am a tad confused about how Fenrir fit. Were you able to get the knot to clear the o-ring or was it too wide? I definitely want the knot to be usable with a partner, so that would be a deal breaker if it was still tucked back into the harness.

The way I usually test to see if my cock is going to withstand the trauma of a nice romp session is: I will put the cock into the harness and slip it on and then jump up and down on the floor and then on a bed or couch to see how much shifting occurs. It's just so important to me that it stays secure, you know?

I did I quick browse of the tutorials, and I definitely agree the layout of the second one is much more clean and easy to follow, although the first one had some cool artwork I must say. Anyways, it does seem easy enough and might actually be pretty damn satisfying to make my own....must look further into it...

Anyways, before I go off on some tangent of sorts I just want to thank you again for your response and I hope you have a rad rest of your week!
~Kamots~
Keely

Postby Keely » Tue May 03, 2016 10:14 am

I too have an original rodeoh style brief and unfortunately a lot of bd's toys are too big and/or too heavy to effectively use in a underwear style harness. :doh: my medium chance juuuuust fit (it took some nudging and stretching) but he hung mighty low and I really wanted to support him with a hand because I was afraid of stretching out the elastic in the harness. My medium razor also fit (when I backed him in base first, no way the knot is fitting through putting him in the normal way)

For most BD toys the best harness solution is really to make your own. you can get different sized o rings from the hardware store and use a combination of seat belt and cargo strapping (also available by the foot at hardware or sewing stores) to make the body of the harness and add snaps to the ends and then just snap the different sized o rings into place and then wear over undies for comfort.
My Toybox23/Genderfluid/TakenUSAFor Sale
Kamots

Postby Kamots » Tue May 03, 2016 12:02 pm

Keely wrote:I too have an original rodeoh style brief and unfortunately a lot of bd's toys are too big and/or too heavy to effectively use in a underwear style harness. :doh: my medium chance juuuuust fit (it took some nudging and stretching) but he hung mighty low and I really wanted to support him with a hand because I was afraid of stretching out the elastic in the harness. My medium razor also fit (when I backed him in base first, no way the knot is fitting through putting him in the normal way)

For most BD toys the best harness solution is really to make your own. you can get different sized o rings from the hardware store and use a combination of seat belt and cargo strapping (also available by the foot at hardware or sewing stores) to make the body of the harness and add snaps to the ends and then just snap the different sized o rings into place and then wear over undies for comfort.

Thanks for the DIY harness tip. Seems like that route would be a lot more supportive than the brief styled ones from RodeOH or similar DIY styles. Honestly, what draws me so much to the underwear style harnesses though is the stealth mode they give off. Pretty much the closest thing to slipping a cock through the fly of some normal briefs as you can get. I do like the compromise of wearing the strap styled one over briefs for the comfort factor (both physically and mentally). Seems inexpensive and certainly do-able!
~Kamots~
DragonDestroyer

Postby DragonDestroyer » Tue May 03, 2016 3:57 pm

Kamots wrote:I have a general inquiry about the functionality of BD toys when it comes to use with a harness. As a trans man I am looking to be able to use my toys for solo play, as well as, with a partner. I am looking into purchasing either Fenrir or Breeder in size medium. My main concern is that these toys will be too heavy to stay securely in the harness that I own, which is the RodeOH slip on brief style. I have had issues using some dicks in the past (i.e. cock does not remain completely secure, weight shifts the harness, etc.) I would love if someone from the community could share their experience/s with me when it comes to this. Thank you in advance.

I am not familiar with your particular harness, but we have a cheap one from a toy store that works very well. It is pretty much this: http://www.lovehoney.com/product.cfm?p=28425

It came with metal O-rings that don't fit ANY of our BD toys well, so we removed that and replaced it with a few hairties. Those do a very good job of keeping every toy we've tried snugly secured.

So far we've attempted Medium Nova, Medium Crash, Medium Chance, Medium Sleipnir, and a few others and haven't had any issue.

We also tried out the DIY harness with a long Ethernet cable and found that quite effective as well.

Good luck and have fun!
corpxbox

Postby corpxbox » Tue May 03, 2016 4:35 pm

Kamots wrote:... so I am a tad confused about how Fenrir fit. Were you able to get the knot to clear the o-ring or was it too wide? I definitely want the knot to be usable with a partner, so that would be a deal breaker if it was still tucked back into the harness. ...

if you put the toy in tip first, like you would normally for a harness, it would not fit through. however if you put the base to the front side of the o ring/outside of the harness and squeezed it in that way (so the whole toy itself doesnt go through the o ring, just the base), you will be able to get the base in and the the knot and shaft of the toy will be usable! hopefully that makes more sense.
Kamots

Postby Kamots » Tue May 03, 2016 4:45 pm

corpxbox wrote:if you put the toy in tip first, like you would normally for a harness, it would not fit through. however if you put the base to the front side of the o ring/outside of the harness and squeezed it in that way (so the whole toy itself doesnt go through the o ring, just the base), you will be able to get the base in and the the knot and shaft of the toy will be usable! hopefully that makes more sense.

Yep, that cleared things up for me! I shouldn't run into any issues. :liplick:
~Kamots~
Lusty Capricorn

Postby Lusty Capricorn » Wed Jun 08, 2016 10:19 am

I have actually turned a pair of blue jeans into a harness. I slip the toys in, and tie the buttons of the pants around the toy. It actually works pretty well. I have used it like that to use my medium Apollo and Large xar on my girl. Works great for Apollo, but she prefers to just seat on Xar.

Return to “General Discussion”