The forums feel dead

Discuss anything related to Bad Dragon here!
Dragoncatclem
Posts: 402
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2015 3:47 pm
Gender: Female

The forums feel dead

Postby Dragoncatclem » Fri May 06, 2016 7:05 pm

Everyone is leaving and/or discontinuing to involve themselves because of how shit things have been with the company lately. It's not even really fun to be here anymore. I used to really look forward to every Friday and LOVE getting on here to converse and browse. It's so sad.
"Do not compare your chapter one to someone else's chapter ten" - Unknown :misc2:
User avatar
Rainbow Dasher
Posts: 10490
Joined: Fri Feb 13, 2015 4:25 pm
Gender: Female
Location: Australia

Re: The forums feel dead

Postby Rainbow Dasher » Fri May 06, 2016 7:17 pm

It's not only things BD has done that is responsible for driving some folks away. To be honest, it's more how other users treat one another. Some folks are disgustingly hostile, and others judge for opinions or even just having their own say. People fear saying *anything* because of how other people, will react. I've had a few things to say, recently that I worded as politely as possible, I still got my ass jumped all over. Why bother saying anything if certain people are always stalking your posts, ready to jump up your ass for *any* reason?

It gets tiring. I for one am sick of how some in this community, treat one another. I've gone to just putting people on ignore and keeping them there. After a while that, too, makes for a dead forum.
Pansexual|Married|Writer|Artist|Foodie|Pegasister|Spiritual|Crafter|Blogger|Adrenaline Junkie|Furry| Owns a lot of fucking dicks.
Dragoncatclem
Posts: 402
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2015 3:47 pm
Gender: Female

Re: The forums feel dead

Postby Dragoncatclem » Fri May 06, 2016 7:20 pm

Rainbow Dasher wrote:It's not only things BD has done that is responsible for driving some folks away. To be honest, it's more how other users treat one another. Some folks are disgustingly hostile, and others judge for opinions or even just having their own say. People fear saying *anything* because of how other people, will react. I've had a few things to say, recently that I worded as politely as possible, I still got my ass jumped all over. Why bother saying anything if certain people are always stalking your posts, ready to jump up your ass for *any* reason?

It gets tiring. I for one am sick of how some in this community, treat one another. I've gone to just putting people on ignore and keeping them there. After a while that, too, makes for a dead forum.

That's true too. Tensions have been high
"Do not compare your chapter one to someone else's chapter ten" - Unknown :misc2:
User avatar
jessethemarshmallow
Posts: 348
Joined: Tue Feb 02, 2016 10:07 pm
Gender: Male | sex-positive asexual/autochorissexual | Demiromantic | Engaged | DFAB

Re: The forums feel dead

Postby jessethemarshmallow » Fri May 06, 2016 7:24 pm

Dragoncatclem wrote:Everyone is leaving and/or discontinuing to involve themselves because of how shit things have been with the company lately. It's not even really fun to be here anymore. I used to really look forward to every Friday and LOVE getting on here to converse and browse. It's so sad.


Rainbow Dasher wrote:I still got my ass jumped all over. Why bother saying anything if certain people are always stalking your posts, ready to jump up your ass for *any* reason?


Yeah, there's so many opinions and so much negativity. If you say one critique about the company someone is jumping on you calling you an ungrateful whiner.

It used to be so nice and fun here. I'm considering taking a long hiatus to see if things calm down. Its all drama rn it seems...

@Rainbow Dasher, yeah same. I've been snapped at for just speaking my mind. I thought that's what forums were for? Like, I respect your opinion even if it differs from my own.
My preference is I'll daydream about anything that its species deems to be an adult with human-level intelligence and be able communicate and give consent in an understandable way.

Toys I own:
► Show Spoiler
Dragoncatclem
Posts: 402
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2015 3:47 pm
Gender: Female

Re: The forums feel dead

Postby Dragoncatclem » Fri May 06, 2016 7:32 pm

jessethemarshmallow wrote:I still got my ass jumped allI've been snapped at for just speaking my mind. I thought that's what forums were for? Like, I respect your opinion even if it differs from my own.

Same. Yeah I've been really salty but I shouldn't get basically made fun of for it like?? It's worse than when the MLP toys came out and people were being dicks
"Do not compare your chapter one to someone else's chapter ten" - Unknown :misc2:
User avatar
jessethemarshmallow
Posts: 348
Joined: Tue Feb 02, 2016 10:07 pm
Gender: Male | sex-positive asexual/autochorissexual | Demiromantic | Engaged | DFAB

Re: The forums feel dead

Postby jessethemarshmallow » Fri May 06, 2016 7:34 pm

Dragoncatclem wrote:
jessethemarshmallow wrote:I still got my ass jumped allI've been snapped at for just speaking my mind. I thought that's what forums were for? Like, I respect your opinion even if it differs from my own.

Same. Yeah I've been really salty but I shouldn't get basically made fun of for it like?? It's worse than when the MLP toys came out and people were being dicks


Agreed. I steered clear during that time, too.
My preference is I'll daydream about anything that its species deems to be an adult with human-level intelligence and be able communicate and give consent in an understandable way.

Toys I own:
► Show Spoiler
User avatar
Vitani
Posts: 5099
Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:29 pm
Gender: Female
Location: The Outlands

Re: The forums feel dead

Postby Vitani » Fri May 06, 2016 7:40 pm

Rainbow Dasher wrote:It's not only things BD has done that is responsible for driving some folks away. To be honest, it's more how other users treat one another. Some folks are disgustingly hostile, and others judge for opinions or even just having their own say. People fear saying *anything* because of how other people, will react.



Precisely why I stopped caring what others think or say about me. If I have something to say, I'm gunna say it. (:
If anyone has anything rude or sarcastic to say back to me, I'll either ignore them, or report it if it's way out of bounds. There's still a lot of great people here, and I've been making it a point to not forget that.

But yeah, the whole negativity thing is a big let down. I'm not thrilled with everything BD is doing, (as I am sure many people aren't)I know I've been guilty of complaining, but I've lately been doing my best to keep looking on the bright side of things.
Image
User avatar
Rainbow Dasher
Posts: 10490
Joined: Fri Feb 13, 2015 4:25 pm
Gender: Female
Location: Australia

Re: The forums feel dead

Postby Rainbow Dasher » Fri May 06, 2016 7:42 pm

jessethemarshmallow wrote:
@Rainbow Dasher, yeah same. I've been snapped at for just speaking my mind. I thought that's what forums were for? Like, I respect your opinion even if it differs from my own.


I've actually had about 2 dozen PM's over the past 8 months, people asking why I am personally treated with so much hostility. Yes, I'm serious. I never know what to say in reply. I'm just a target for people to bitch at, I guess, probably largely due to my past interactions of over a year ago. No, I am by no means perfect, but I am heaps better than I was. Still, it doesn't matter how politely I say something; someone is always there to bitch at me, a certain few in particular though most of them are on ignore, now, so... Quite often it feels like I have one or two constantly stalking my posts, desperately trying to find fault just so they have reason to get on my back.

I've read one or two others, here, having the same issue. Whether or not it's the same folks... I have no idea.
Pansexual|Married|Writer|Artist|Foodie|Pegasister|Spiritual|Crafter|Blogger|Adrenaline Junkie|Furry| Owns a lot of fucking dicks.
User avatar
jessethemarshmallow
Posts: 348
Joined: Tue Feb 02, 2016 10:07 pm
Gender: Male | sex-positive asexual/autochorissexual | Demiromantic | Engaged | DFAB

Re: The forums feel dead

Postby jessethemarshmallow » Fri May 06, 2016 7:46 pm

Rainbow Dasher wrote:
jessethemarshmallow wrote:
@Rainbow Dasher, yeah same. I've been snapped at for just speaking my mind. I thought that's what forums were for? Like, I respect your opinion even if it differs from my own.


I've actually had about 2 dozen PM's over the past 8 months, people asking why I am personally treated with so much hostility. Yes, I'm serious. I never know what to say in reply. I'm just a target for people to bitch at, I guess, probably largely due to my past interactions of over a year ago. No, I am by no means perfect, but I am heaps better than I was. Still, it doesn't matter how politely I say something; someone is always there to bitch at me, a certain few in particular though most of them are on ignore, now, so... Quite often it feels like I have one or two constantly stalking my posts, desperately trying to find fault just so they have reason to get on my back.

I've read one or two others, here, having the same issue. Whether or not it's the same folks... I have no idea.


Yeah, it might also be because you're very active here. People hate popularity and they also might be jealous of your large toy collection. You seem nice to me and not afraid to speak your mind. I like that.
My preference is I'll daydream about anything that its species deems to be an adult with human-level intelligence and be able communicate and give consent in an understandable way.

Toys I own:
► Show Spoiler
Dragoncatclem
Posts: 402
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2015 3:47 pm
Gender: Female

Re: The forums feel dead

Postby Dragoncatclem » Fri May 06, 2016 7:48 pm

jessethemarshmallow wrote:
Rainbow Dasher wrote:
jessethemarshmallow wrote:
@Rainbow Dasher, yeah same. I've been snapped at for just speaking my mind. I thought that's what forums were for? Like, I respect your opinion even if it differs from my own.


I've actually had about 2 dozen PM's over the past 8 months, people asking why I am personally treated with so much hostility. Yes, I'm serious. I never know what to say in reply. I'm just a target for people to bitch at, I guess, probably largely due to my past interactions of over a year ago. No, I am by no means perfect, but I am heaps better than I was. Still, it doesn't matter how politely I say something; someone is always there to bitch at me, a certain few in particular though most of them are on ignore, now, so... Quite often it feels like I have one or two constantly stalking my posts, desperately trying to find fault just so they have reason to get on my back.

I've read one or two others, here, having the same issue. Whether or not it's the same folks... I have no idea.


Yeah, it might also be because you're very active here. People hate popularity and they also might be jealous of your large toy collection. You seem nice to me and not afraid to speak your mind. I like that.

It could also be your name and pic. People love to justify it that way
"Do not compare your chapter one to someone else's chapter ten" - Unknown :misc2:
User avatar
Rainbow Dasher
Posts: 10490
Joined: Fri Feb 13, 2015 4:25 pm
Gender: Female
Location: Australia

Re: The forums feel dead

Postby Rainbow Dasher » Fri May 06, 2016 7:52 pm

jessethemarshmallow wrote:
Yeah, it might also be because you're very active here. People hate popularity and they also might be jealous of your large toy collection. You seem nice to me and not afraid to speak your mind. I like that.


Hmm, I'm not too sure it's that, to be honest, at least... not the first one. I used to have a couple folks up my ass, constantly about how many toys I was buying, and they nearly drove me off the forums by "staging an intervention" on me. It was like :angry: Thanks for the humiliation! I don't know if anyone was jealous, but they definitely didn't like my collection and probably still don't. I almost sold my entire collection because of that incident and it damn near drove me off the forums. They're probably pissed I didn't leave. Screw 'em. It's MY money and I'll spend it how I GD please. :scheming:

*ahem* Sorry. Even past things I can recall in the past year alone, piss me off to the point I just want to leave and never come back. The main reason I can't, is because coming here ever day, chatting and helping others, has become an ingrained habit that I just can't stop. Besides, even if I no longer participate in active chatting, I still like trying to help other people with their toy questions or troubles. I may not have all the answers to everything asked, but I damn well try my best to help anyway. That's a large part of what the forums should really be for, IMO.


@Dragoncatclem Sometimes. I've been given heaps of shit about it before, called a pedophile, horse fucker, and everything else under the same. Screw those people, too. :stick:
Pansexual|Married|Writer|Artist|Foodie|Pegasister|Spiritual|Crafter|Blogger|Adrenaline Junkie|Furry| Owns a lot of fucking dicks.
Dragoncatclem
Posts: 402
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2015 3:47 pm
Gender: Female

Re: The forums feel dead

Postby Dragoncatclem » Fri May 06, 2016 7:59 pm

Rainbow Dasher wrote:
jessethemarshmallow wrote:
Yeah, it might also be because you're very active here. People hate popularity and they also might be jealous of your large toy collection. You seem nice to me and not afraid to speak your mind. I like that.


Hmm, I'm not too sure it's that, to be honest, at least... not the first one. I used to have a couple folks up my ass, constantly about how many toys I was buying, and they nearly drove me off the forums by "staging an intervention" on me. It was like :angry: Thanks for the humiliation! I don't know if anyone was jealous, but they definitely didn't like my collection and probably still don't. I almost sold my entire collection because of that incident and it damn near drove me off the forums. They're probably pissed I didn't leave. Screw 'em. It's MY money and I'll spend it how I GD please. :scheming:

*ahem* Sorry. Even past things I can recall in the past year alone, piss me off to the point I just want to leave and never come back. The main reason I can't, is because coming here ever day, chatting and helping others, has become an ingrained habit that I just can't stop. Besides, even if I no longer participate in active chatting, I still like trying to help other people with their toy questions or troubles. I may not have all the answers to everything asked, but I damn well try my best to help anyway. That's a large part of what the forums should really be for, IMO.


@Dragoncatclem Sometimes. I've been given heaps of shit about it before, called a pedophile, horse fucker, and everything else under the same. Screw those people, too. :stick:

Oof that's rough. Well hats off to you for sticking around and being helpful
"Do not compare your chapter one to someone else's chapter ten" - Unknown :misc2:
User avatar
Rainbow Dasher
Posts: 10490
Joined: Fri Feb 13, 2015 4:25 pm
Gender: Female
Location: Australia

Re: The forums feel dead

Postby Rainbow Dasher » Fri May 06, 2016 8:04 pm

Something else that doesn't help either, is whenever anyone says "I don't really care for _____" someone else will assume it's a personal attack on BD, get their panties in a knot, and then rush in with things like "Stop being such a nasty asshole!" Right. That's very helpful, thank you. :nerdy: People "white knighting" and treating the company as if they can do no wrong, doesn't help matters, either. Sometimes people get mixed up, it happens. PM said person and politely speak to them. People always have an opinion, and there is nothing wrong with it as long as you can express it without going batshit crazy.

I know many are trying to be extra friendly lately, to everyone, but it almost doesn't feel like it's making enough of a difference anymore. There are just a certain few that make being around this place *very* uncomfortable.
Pansexual|Married|Writer|Artist|Foodie|Pegasister|Spiritual|Crafter|Blogger|Adrenaline Junkie|Furry| Owns a lot of fucking dicks.
User avatar
stuck-on-the-knot1
Posts: 2094
Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:30 pm
Gender: Female/22/Pan
Location: Illinois
Contact:

Re: The forums feel dead

Postby stuck-on-the-knot1 » Fri May 06, 2016 8:05 pm

Yeah, I agree there are still alot of great people on here! :widesmile:

But this has to be, BY FAR, the Deadest Friday I have ever seen on the forums and it makes me very sad that it is getting like this as I visit the forums every day I can! I am sad this is like this but there is nothing I can do to change it :/ I try to be as nice and civil as I can and hope things are gonna go nicely ;^;
Female 22 Pansexual Taken Polyamorous Furry Pokemaniac Whovian Rock Music Lover Food Lover

Currently own : 26 toys (Toy list on Profile)

Don't be afraid to send a PM!~ I love talking with people and making friends
User avatar
Lady_Tyrantess
Posts: 19
Joined: Wed May 04, 2016 1:57 pm
Gender: female

Re: The forums feel dead

Postby Lady_Tyrantess » Fri May 06, 2016 8:10 pm

I really hope the forums aren't going dry/dead, I just recently stepped into this place and for the most part, people have been pretty cool (maybe I got lucky and found this place as the asshats were leaving?) For the most part it seems alright, I've seen a couple squabbles over opinions, but eh, its bound to happen sometime, both in the forums and in outside world too, and I'm glad those moments haven't made good people say 'screw this' and leave.
User avatar
Mastarius91
Posts: 60
Joined: Sun Feb 28, 2016 6:45 pm
Gender: Male

Re: The forums feel dead

Postby Mastarius91 » Fri May 06, 2016 8:21 pm

Rainbow Dasher wrote:
I know many are trying to be extra friendly lately, to everyone, but it almost doesn't feel like it's making enough of a difference anymore.


Being new"ish" here I've barely received a welcome and haven't seen much if not any interaction which has killed my interest almost completely.

I have seen what you've said and it sucks, this forum seemed awesome in the biginning...
User avatar
Rainbow Dasher
Posts: 10490
Joined: Fri Feb 13, 2015 4:25 pm
Gender: Female
Location: Australia

Re: The forums feel dead

Postby Rainbow Dasher » Fri May 06, 2016 8:25 pm

Mastarius91 wrote:
Being new"ish" here I've barely received a welcome and haven't seen much if not any interaction which has killed my interest almost completely.

I have seen what you've said and it sucks, this forum seemed awesome in the beginning...


That's sad. I'm sorry I didn't say something; I always try and respond to new users even if it's just a quick, standard "Welcome!" I've lost the drive to want to do anything much, sadly. Back when I was new, well-over a year ago, intro threads used to have heaps of people responding, doing everything to make the new person feel welcome. Now, it just seems like people are too buried in the salt of the forums, to care either way.

In any case, a very belated welcome to the forums, for you!
Pansexual|Married|Writer|Artist|Foodie|Pegasister|Spiritual|Crafter|Blogger|Adrenaline Junkie|Furry| Owns a lot of fucking dicks.
User avatar
Mastarius91
Posts: 60
Joined: Sun Feb 28, 2016 6:45 pm
Gender: Male

Re: The forums feel dead

Postby Mastarius91 » Fri May 06, 2016 8:32 pm

Rainbow Dasher wrote:
Mastarius91 wrote:
Being new"ish" here I've barely received a welcome and haven't seen much if not any interaction which has killed my interest almost completely.

I have seen what you've said and it sucks, this forum seemed awesome in the beginning...


That's sad. I'm sorry I didn't say something; I always try and respond to new users even if it's just a quick, standard "Welcome!" I've lost the drive to want to do anything much, sadly. Back when I was new, well-over a year ago, intro threads used to have heaps of people responding, doing everything to make the new person feel welcome. Now, it just seems like people are too buried in the salt of the forums, to care either way.

In any case, a very belated welcome to the forums, for you!

Thanks!

I think I also watched a friend walk out of these forums she hasn't been on since April 8th...

Besides a few responses here and there she was kinda the only person who talked up a storm with me.

I hope the forums improve. :(
User avatar
Willow
Posts: 4223
Joined: Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:05 am
Gender: MtF
Location: Las Vegas
Contact:

Re: The forums feel dead

Postby Willow » Fri May 06, 2016 8:41 pm

Small company = helpful CS and close-knit community
Big company/business = $$$ for the company

Too big for their britches... "But, oh well, we're here to make money, to hell with the customer."
You can sleep with ablonde,you can sleep withbrunettebut you'll never get any sleep with aredhead.
A wolf in the streets... a fox in the sheets.
User avatar
Phelvia
Posts: 1349
Joined: Sat Aug 15, 2015 11:01 am
Gender: I sexually identify as an attack helicopter

Re: The forums feel dead

Postby Phelvia » Fri May 06, 2016 8:46 pm

Well...aside from how every announcement made anymore is shredded down to how it's hated, how there's still silence on X, or getting pissed that the announcement just evaded our questions/concerns. Yeah, the announcements aren't "cool" anymore. People are just...fed up with having things taken away and no reason why. People are tired of just coming on, saying an opinion they have, and getting told "it's wrong to think like that". People are tired of just coming online and seeing an announcement that doesn't satisfy their frustrations with BD.

I've been lurking on BD 2 years more than the 1 year I joined on. BD was a much better time then. I joined at the wrong time. Specifically during the Sugar Star release. That's when I guess things got notably more hostile and blow way out of proportion. Sure, there was a cool off period but there was still tension.

When BD started the whole elimination of split lips tensions rose again. But you could still avoid the complaining. Sure it popped up in the banter or in a new topic, but for the most part it stuck to just a small amount of people. But with the massive shit storm now, now it's impossible to avoid. Literally will just go looking on the forums and just see ranting. No I don't blame them. I'm part of that frustration.

Remember the mods used to come on here to just talk and have a good time with us? And just be silly? I do. Know why they probably don't interact with us anymore? Because any time they tried lately, someone would just hound them like "Oh thanks for the announcement about taking away ____ /s" or "I love how the mods can dick around with us but can't be serious and tell us what's up". Again I don't blame them, we want(ed) answers and got nothing. But being mean to the mods who probably know barely more than us...? No. So the mods probably, namely Dasa, just gave up trying to have fun with us and lighten the mood because it became too much.

Now BD just feels like "a fantasy company that has a large selection of toys and a few custom options" unlike some other toy makers that are "A fantasy company that literally will try your toy color idea but the cons are they have only half the number of toys". Probably another reason why people are leaving the forums/BD, BD isn't offering anything that other companies can't do. Hell, even those other companies are willing to do MORE than BD at this point. Look at EE or FB or T&P.

As what Dasher said, I agree. The forums are kind of getting more nasty lately. Not sure if it's due to all the bullshit and people are just hateful or what. I've seen a lot of opinions expressed on here and someone else says "you have to have your opinion on X be good only". This is the internet, everyone here has their own morals, beliefs on what's right or wrong, and why they think a certain way. One person may do ___ or have a ___ kink. Cool. Someone on here doesn't approve of ____ but isn't telling others how to live their life. Anyone that's been on here since last week know's what I'm talking about. Everyone has an opinion, that doesn't mean one is better than the other. Yes this is a forum that doesn't kink shame, but people still should be allowed to express how they feel. Ok so they don't like ____? Alright, cool. Move on. No point getting offended. A bunch of people jumping on someone on how their opinion is wrong isn't going to change their mind because of random internet strangers.

I kind of just accepted BD is going down a hill and isn't going to stop. They've already proved that by ignoring our genuine concerns. No amount of complaining gave us an acceptable response or answer as to "why?". I'll still complain because I hate these changes and none of them have been good or taken the sting out of what's happening. But you know what? I also quit investing any genuine concern in Bad-Dragon for the most part. What more can they take away? All the custom options? Get rid of more toys? Because that's the only thing that's really going to make me care again, and it's going to piss me and others off.
I'm drifting from BD because of the forums and the company as a whole. The forums are just...not fun anymore. And the company is just not making choices I like which also affects the forums because a lot of others aren't happy with it either. I don't even know if I'm going to bother getting my custom toys because who knows if they'll even be willing to do them by the time I want to order them. I'm not going to panic rush and drain my bank account for customs. That's not how a company should do things; just hope customers panic buy. I know for a fact other companies will do my custom toys, but I'll have to get it on a model I'm "meh" with instead of BD's "wow" models but hey, at least the former company is willing to do things to make it's customers happy.

Edit: I love the people on here, I understand you guys. I love BD's CS, they're wonderfully patient. Our mods are fun and love how they interacted with us. This isn't the problem. It's just what's going on with the company and what we expect is...not so great.
Last edited by Phelvia on Fri May 06, 2016 8:56 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Return to “General Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 22 guests