The forums feel dead

Discuss anything related to Bad Dragon here!
Keely

Re: The forums feel dead

Postby Keely » Tue May 10, 2016 11:47 am

ugh I could rant for days about how awful 50 shades is! :angry: ugh I couldn't even finish reading the first book (which I got out of morbid curiosity) I got to the part where he tracked her cell phone and took her to his house and changed all her clothes before I got so fucking creeped out that I just couldn't make myself keep reading it. It's also already caused the death of several people, has injured countless more, and has probably lead to tons of sexual assaults (because the book says its ok to keep going when she says no) and lots of justification for abusers to use to keep their victims with them.

On the more petty side it's flooded the market with cheap and awful bondage gear. It's awful.
My Toybox23/Genderfluid/TakenUSAFor Sale
Fae Fantase

Postby Fae Fantase » Tue May 10, 2016 2:53 pm

Fruityrumpusasshole wrote:I don't take it personally myself, because I know for a fact what I draw and enjoy in no way extends into the real world, as well as many others. Though I don't like the word being thrown around, because I feel it really dulls the word for real world experiences, just like "trigger" has. I can agree loli/shotacon can be used as an outlet for the individuals who do crave the real thing (in fact, there's been a lot of studies on it) but not everyone who likes it in fiction likes or craves it in reality.

And I don't recal you every being rude about it.

Like I said, it's natural for everyone to have an opinion.

Thanks for not taking it personally. I did get a couple of people think I was bullying for stating my opinion. I do not feel like me simply stating my opinion, without naming names, without saying things like "these people are sick/need to go to prison for their fantasies" or anything of the sort was bullying. I've never pmed people over their opinions. Because I feel all opinions are a valid expression. Opinions aren't right or wrong....they just are. I realize more than ever how much grey area is in the world. In particular the world of fantasy.

I've had problems since moving to America about my wording. I too tend to get misconstrued. I never mean to be abrasive.
I've sold toys to over 17 different homes.
havik

Postby havik » Tue May 10, 2016 11:27 pm

I don't visit the forum that often, I often go visit it before or after I had a session with my toys, just to see if I can share something new here. I didn't really realize that they were less and less people however.

Fruityrumpusasshole wrote:
It gets old when people outright try to make claims and "facts" about you (general you) just because of their opinion.
I'm not set out to change anyone's minds on their opinion of how they feel about something, however I will defend myself and others from outright hurtful claims.
Does that make sense?

Make sense to me and I would do the same.
Dragoncatclem

Postby Dragoncatclem » Wed May 11, 2016 7:32 am

Keely wrote:ugh I could rant for days about how awful 50 shades is! :angry: ugh I couldn't even finish reading the first book (which I got out of morbid curiosity) I got to the part where he tracked her cell phone and took her to his house and changed all her clothes before I got so fucking creeped out that I just couldn't make myself keep reading it. It's also already caused the death of several people, has injured countless more, and has probably lead to tons of sexual assaults (because the book says its ok to keep going when she says no) and lots of justification for abusers to use to keep their victims with them.

On the more petty side it's flooded the market with cheap and awful bondage gear. It's awful.

Pretty much this. Says a lot about the US that this movie was green lighted, so heavily promoted and successful in theatres. And that people then actually used it to justify violence
"Do not compare your chapter one to someone else's chapter ten" - Unknown :misc2:

Return to “General Discussion”