Long lasting, slick, anal safe, silicone safe lube?

Discuss anything related to Bad Dragon here!
Bags

Long lasting, slick, anal safe, silicone safe lube?

Postby Bags » Mon Aug 01, 2016 7:14 pm

Not much to add to the title. Preferably reasonable price. Thanks.

Cum lube is super slippery but dries out fairly quickly.

I want to avoid constant reapplications
Last edited by Bags on Mon Aug 01, 2016 7:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vulpine Aurora

Re: Long lasting, slick, anal safe, silicone safe lube?

Postby Vulpine Aurora » Mon Aug 01, 2016 7:18 pm

If you've yet to try J-lube, you're in for a treat. You can make it any viscosity you wish. I've used literally an entire liter of it in a session before, just because I could. A bottle of the powder goes for $13 or so, and makes gallons of awesome lubricant.
The name's Quinn. I'm an extremely friendly, open-minded fellow if you ask to get to know me. Please feel free to shoot me a PM and chat if you'd like! I always welcome a good conversation, pretty much regardless of the topic.

Bad Dragon goals: Knot an XL Rex, hilt an XL Chance Unflared, and get past my legacy Large Chance Flared's medial ring.
Rainbow Dasher

Postby Rainbow Dasher » Mon Aug 01, 2016 7:20 pm

Many anal toy-ers swear by J-lube. Couldn't hurt to look into it.
Pansexual|Married|Writer|Artist|Foodie|Pegasister|Spiritual|Crafter|Blogger|Adrenaline Junkie|Furry| Owns a lot of fucking dicks.
Phelvia

Postby Phelvia » Mon Aug 01, 2016 7:22 pm

Personally for me, Shibari.
Bags

Postby Bags » Mon Aug 01, 2016 7:30 pm

Vulpine Aurora wrote:If you've yet to try J-lube, you're in for a treat. You can make it any viscosity you wish. I've used literally an entire liter of it in a session before, just because I could. A bottle of the powder goes for $13 or so, and makes gallons of awesome lubricant.

But is it long lasting? I am trying to avoid constant reapllication. I find that annoying.
Vulpine Aurora

Postby Vulpine Aurora » Mon Aug 01, 2016 7:44 pm

Bags wrote:
Vulpine Aurora wrote:If you've yet to try J-lube, you're in for a treat. You can make it any viscosity you wish. I've used literally an entire liter of it in a session before, just because I could. A bottle of the powder goes for $13 or so, and makes gallons of awesome lubricant.

But is it long lasting? I am trying to avoid constant reapllication. I find that annoying.

Despite being mixed with nothing but water, I've found it quite reliable. I mean you're eventually going to see it dry out, but in my experience I apply it less often than I do with cumlube, as much as I love both. I think ultimately with any water based lubricant, it's largely about whether you're lubricated internally as well and how long it's exposed to open air. If you give yourself a good internal squirt and coat the toy, and don't leave it sitting in the air for a few minutes at that point, I'd figure you'll have a good bit of luck. Even with XL toys I only feel the need to apply more if it's been a while and I'm going to get a lot rougher with my session.

However, my use of it isn't likely to be the conventional method. When I mix a batch, I grab a large bowl, and combine a good amount of water with a generous helping of the powder. When microwaved, it slowly evaporates the water and thickens the overall mixture. I thoroughly enjoy creating batches of super viscous j-lube. I find that the final result tends to be so good at creating a barrier (which is what you're after - the polymers are doing all the work here) that I actually have a difficult time fully washing it away. It will stick to my hands like glue almost, but the result is an insanely slick lube!
The name's Quinn. I'm an extremely friendly, open-minded fellow if you ask to get to know me. Please feel free to shoot me a PM and chat if you'd like! I always welcome a good conversation, pretty much regardless of the topic.

Bad Dragon goals: Knot an XL Rex, hilt an XL Chance Unflared, and get past my legacy Large Chance Flared's medial ring.
Bags

Postby Bags » Mon Aug 01, 2016 7:49 pm

Anyone got experience with oils ie coconut oil? How does that work for you? Seeing that pop up some in searches but can't imagine how you use a solid as lube.
Vulpine Aurora

Postby Vulpine Aurora » Mon Aug 01, 2016 8:00 pm

Bags wrote:Anyone got experience with oils ie coconut oil? How does that work for you? Seeing that pop up some in searches but can't imagine how you use a solid as lube.

I've used that one as well. As far as coconut oil goes, it becomes a liquid at warmer temperatures, like in your hand (or in you!). It's pretty decent, and I did find it to work better than expected, but clean up is hellish and it can be somewhat expensive. I found it to seem like it was somewhat dry when applied to a toy, yet it worked well. I found it to have a pleasant warming sensation as you may expect, but I also certainly noticed the textures of my toys more with it. Not necessarily a bad thing though, it was definitely fun when I was warmed up adequately! I feel like I'd have a hard time training to take something new in depth or girth comfortably using it alone.

Bags

Postby Bags » Mon Aug 01, 2016 8:03 pm

Vulpine Aurora wrote:
Bags wrote:Anyone got experience with oils ie coconut oil? How does that work for you? Seeing that pop up some in searches but can't imagine how you use a solid as lube.

I've used that one as well. As far as coconut oil goes, it becomes a liquid at warmer temperatures, like in your hand (or in you!). It's pretty decent, and I did find it to work better than expected, but clean up is hellish and it can be somewhat expensive. I found it to seem like it was somewhat dry when applied to a toy, yet it worked well. I found it to have a pleasant warming sensation as you may expect, but I also certainly noticed the textures of my toys more with it. Not necessarily a bad thing though, it was definitely fun when I was warmed up adequately! I feel like I'd have a hard time training to take something new in depth or girth comfortably using it alone.

What about cleanup is hellish?
Vulpine Aurora

Postby Vulpine Aurora » Mon Aug 01, 2016 8:05 pm

Bags wrote:What about cleanup is hellish?

Well, it's an oil. I spoke about J-Lube being sort of difficult to clean, but it's just a bit of work with a facecloth at most. I found that coconut oil was much harder to remove thoroughly from toys, and unless you hop in a shower and get thorough about it, you're going to feel and smell coconut oil for a good hour or two after your session. It's hydrophobic, as per the oil thing, so just applying some water does little for cleanup.

Bags

Postby Bags » Mon Aug 01, 2016 8:13 pm

Vulpine Aurora wrote:
Bags wrote:What about cleanup is hellish?

Well, it's an oil. I spoke about J-Lube being sort of difficult to clean, but it's just a bit of work with a facecloth at most. I found that coconut oil was much harder to remove thoroughly from toys, and unless you hop in a shower and get thorough about it, you're going to feel and smell coconut oil for a good hour or two after your session. It's hydrophobic, as per the oil thing, so just applying some water does little for cleanup.

I figured as much, wanted to be clear. How do you use it? Melt a clump in your hand?
Vulpine Aurora

Postby Vulpine Aurora » Mon Aug 01, 2016 8:17 pm

Bags wrote:I figured as much, wanted to be clear. How do you use it? Melt a clump in your hand?

I found it most convenient during a session, albeit a bit more time consuming, to do something like fill a syringe and keep it in warm water for a bit. Something to get yourself a bit of it liquefied ahead of time. However, it very quickly melts if you just grab a dollop, so that's hardly unacceptable to do.

Bags

Postby Bags » Mon Aug 01, 2016 8:21 pm

Vulpine Aurora wrote:
Bags wrote:I figured as much, wanted to be clear. How do you use it? Melt a clump in your hand?

I found it most convenient during a session, albeit a bit more time consuming, to do something like fill a syringe and keep it in warm water for a bit. Something to get yourself a bit of it liquefied ahead of time. However, it very quickly melts if you just grab a dollop, so that's hardly unacceptable to do.

Cool I'll try some oil lube then. If that doesn't satisfy maybe J lube. Thx for help
Euseus

Postby Euseus » Mon Aug 01, 2016 9:44 pm

can someone post a link to a place i could buy j lube, im not sure that what i found is what i want
"They should've sent a poet."
-scary alien dudes who ascended somehow
Vulpine Aurora

Postby Vulpine Aurora » Mon Aug 01, 2016 9:49 pm

Euseus wrote:can someone post a link to a place i could buy j lube, im not sure that what i found is what i want

It is technically for veterinary use, so places like Jeffers Pet or Amazon are the most reliable.

Hoofs_N_Horns

Postby Hoofs_N_Horns » Tue Aug 02, 2016 5:25 pm

Exotic Erotics sells J Lube as well. I picked up a bottle of it with one of my orders but have yet to try it. I'm using up my cum lube supply first.

I'm also very interested in a longer lasting lube. Not only does e.g. cum lube dry too quickly for me - especially with external use - but it becomes very sticky/tacky and works almost the opposite of a lube. Like I can't really use it all for fapping.

My favorite lube ever is Gun Oil but sadly it's silicone based and I'm assuming it won't play nicely with toys. Anyone tried their H20 version?
Penetrables comparison: here
Grimly Fiendish

Postby Grimly Fiendish » Tue Aug 02, 2016 11:49 pm

I like "Boy Butter" a lot - it's oil based, and safe with silicone. It comes in a tub and has the consistency of margarine. I use a spoon or knife to take a dollop into a small bowl or plate (don't contaminate the whole bin with your fingers). If you're trying something really challenging, you may need an additional application later (but maybe not). It does go pretty far.

I cleanup toys in the shower, where I have a small (and unbreakable) bowl of dish soap, which I leave there during prep. Using bar soap and then dish soap, you can clean the oil lube off with no problem. Then, if you need to boil for deep cleaning, you're starting with a very clean toy to begin with.

There's also a water-based Boy Butter, I haven't tried it yet, just the oil-based version. Thumbs up! The only negative IMO is that you can't spontaneously pump it from a bottle, it needs to be scooped out beforehand. I just leave a utensil in the tub, in case I need to take more later.

Note - I like water based lube for plugs and knots - anything you're trying to retain. Water based lube gets "squeegeed" off (inside your butt) for a better grip. Oil-based is slicker, harder to squeegee off, and not as good for retaining toys (but maybe better for everything else - thrusting and riding).
Bags

Postby Bags » Wed Aug 03, 2016 9:51 am

What's the anal cleaning process like for oil based lubes? Given that water isn't the most effective cleaning solution, not sure how desirable it is to have oil stuff stuck up there for super extended periods, or does taking a shit down the line clean it out? Haven't found any discussion on the self cleaning aspect of oils ie coconut oil after the fact, since you don't really want to soap out your insides.
Grimly Fiendish

Postby Grimly Fiendish » Wed Aug 03, 2016 7:45 pm

Unnecessary. Next bowel movement takes care of it. Also, it's a food-grade product, in a relatively small amount. Cleaning it out of your bowels is not even a consideration.
Hoofs_N_Horns

Postby Hoofs_N_Horns » Thu Aug 04, 2016 12:25 am

Grimly Fiendish wrote:I like "Boy Butter" a lot - it's oil based, and safe with silicone.

Awesome - thanks for the suggestion! :smile: That is on my short list of alternatives to try. At this point I'm very skeptical of any water-based lubes so this oil-based stuff might be just the thing.
Penetrables comparison: here

Return to “General Discussion”