New Toy - Sofia!

Discuss anything related to Bad Dragon here!
dasadevil
Moon Moon

New Toy - Sofia!

Postby dasadevil » Fri Sep 02, 2016 3:30 pm

newsletter_sofia 2.jpg

Check out our newest addition to the lineup!

Been a while since we did a release, but I certainly hope you find this one neat :D

Find the product page here!
Gamma Velorum

Re: New Toy - Sofia!

Postby Gamma Velorum » Fri Sep 02, 2016 3:35 pm

dasadevil wrote:
newsletter_sofia 2.jpg

Check out our newest addition to the lineup!

Been a while since we did a release, but I certainly hope you find this one neat :D

Find the product page here!

Interesting, but what's Sofia supposed to be??? Guess we might find out. A little plain-looking IMO, but I'm sure other folks would like her.
someguy28

Postby someguy28 » Fri Sep 02, 2016 3:37 pm

Hmm, the outside looks pretty plain and humanish, and with the lack of character bio I wonder if that might be what BD is going for with her. The inside certainly looks interesting though, and I do like the natural/signature colors.

On the other hand, the focus on blue and word "dive" might suggest some sort of aquatic creature.
White Cynder

Postby White Cynder » Fri Sep 02, 2016 3:40 pm

Is every new product gonna be so...unpersonal?
Lacks more and more of personality. At least the Demon Dick gave away that it was supposed to be a demon.
But Sofia? :misc5: :eyeroll:
Ghost_the_Crow

Postby Ghost_the_Crow » Fri Sep 02, 2016 3:41 pm

someguy28 wrote:Hmm, the outside looks pretty plain and humanish, and with the lack of character bio I wonder if that might be what BD is going for with her. The inside certainly looks interesting though, and I do like the natural/signature colors.

On the other hand, the focus on blue and word "dive" might suggest some sort of aquatic creature.

If it looks humanish and suggests an aquatic creature then maybe a mermaid?
Asexual / Gyneromantic / Probably Trans or Genderfluid(?) / Loves Cuddling

"Of course I know what I'm doing." I said, knowing that I didn't.
Gamma Velorum

Postby Gamma Velorum » Fri Sep 02, 2016 3:43 pm

Ghost_the_Crow wrote:
someguy28 wrote:Hmm, the outside looks pretty plain and humanish, and with the lack of character bio I wonder if that might be what BD is going for with her. The inside certainly looks interesting though, and I do like the natural/signature colors.

If it looks humanish and suggests an aquatic creature then maybe a mermaid?

Maybe, but that's horning in Tails and Porthole's niche. *shrugs*
Niah

Postby Niah » Fri Sep 02, 2016 3:44 pm

I don't have many guesses myself, but it shares my middle name...except that mine is spelled with 'ph' rather than 'f'. Close enough though. :bugeyed: :eyeroll:
31/Asexual/Genderfluid (biologically female).

See my profile for a list of the toys I own. Please do not solicit me about selling any of my toys.
katze

Postby katze » Fri Sep 02, 2016 3:44 pm

She has some weird engravings on her, I wonder what she's supposed to be.

^ↀᴥↀ^
agender girl | queer | taken | 50 dildos | 14 eggs | 2 plugs | 3 penetrables | 1 wearable

ฅ(≚ᄌ≚)
toy collection in profile!
Kaiser

Postby Kaiser » Fri Sep 02, 2016 3:45 pm

Considering they could just say its 'Sofia the mermaid' and chances are everyone would be much happier that it at least has some personality, it just seems for lack of a better word...dull. Just seems a shame considering the addition of another two words would make it much more appealing and give it some 'character', artwork is always nice but isnt really required. but at least they released something new i guess, might pick one up in the future but atm i'm just meh about it.
Reviews Completed
Medium Gryphon (viewtopic.php?f=6&t=33157&p=1065864#p1065864)
The Four Horsemen (Medium Bumble, Medium Chance, Rowan, Small Slepnir viewtopic.php?f=109&t=34995)
VVVV (Flared chance, tucker, sugerstar viewtopic.php?f=109&t=43844)
Duke's Lush Tush (viewtopic.php?f=109&t=46969)
Reviews In Progress
HungryStray

Postby HungryStray » Fri Sep 02, 2016 3:47 pm

Another day I find myself wishing I had the parts to properly use this. :(((( The inside looks faaaaantastic. I rather like the name for her, and the solid blue color is also quite pretty. All my regrets not having a penis to put this in. T^T
Soooo... I'm doing reviews now! http://doeadeert.tumblr.com/

"Oh bliss! Bliss and heaven! Oh, it was gorgeousness and gorgeousity made flesh. It was like a bird of rarest-spun heaven metal or like silvery wine flowing in a spaceship, gravity all nonsense now. As I slooshied, I knew such lovely pictures!" Alex (Malcolm McDowell)

Controversy is the seeds of change and enlightenment. The fruits we harvest today will be the compost of tomorrow.
Arumaeruma

Postby Arumaeruma » Fri Sep 02, 2016 3:49 pm

I like that you guys released a more plain, humanoid design for people who aren't interested in creatures like horses, huskies and dragons. I've wanted to get my partner a body safe penetrable for a while without getting anything too crazy. The internals look very unique too, and I'd feel pretty comfortable giving this to my partner as a gift since he's not into fantasy toys himself.

I don't like the logo, impersonal nature of the toy, and overall vaugeness :( I feel like any toy can be a "fantasy" toy, the fact that BD had a bit of flare to them made them fun, crazy and wild. I never imagine any of my toys as what they are marketed as, but still knowing that they had a lot of thought put into the character and creation really appealed me and made me feel like I was getting a hand crafted toy with a lot of love and thought put into it. I don't get that same feeling at all with this toy :(

If I were to get any toy for my partner I'd still probably stick to what I originally wanted to get him and get him lily so he can at least imagine a lamia or some other interesting creature.
Willow

Postby Willow » Fri Sep 02, 2016 3:50 pm

My guess was aquatic based on the color and the line "dive in" on the newsletter. The insides like like rippling waves too... interesting design. At least on the inside... the outside, however, is a little lacking. The same kind of thing they did with Alice. Straying away from "animalish" and go more mainstream.
I've already spent enough this month... going to hold back and also see what reviews she gets. As for now, not really interested.

The colors aren't grabbing me either, if I were to get here, I'd go one of the birthstones/ zodiac colorations, I think.

Also... no art.
You can sleep with ablonde,you can sleep withbrunettebut you'll never get any sleep with aredhead.
A wolf in the streets... a fox in the sheets.
Ghost_the_Crow

Postby Ghost_the_Crow » Fri Sep 02, 2016 3:54 pm

I do actually like the outside of it. I wouldn't call it plain though, it just looks more "gentle" and soft unlike for example Janine or the Dragon Muzzle, those are more Rough in my oppinion.
Asexual / Gyneromantic / Probably Trans or Genderfluid(?) / Loves Cuddling

"Of course I know what I'm doing." I said, knowing that I didn't.
roversrockets

Postby roversrockets » Fri Sep 02, 2016 3:57 pm

what

what even IS sofia tho

idk i'm not impressed, bad dragon is my go to for unique and fantastical toys, and this is,,,, the opposite :bugeyed:
Sabre

Postby Sabre » Fri Sep 02, 2016 3:59 pm

Looks neat.. But does anyone else miss when there were characters, stories, and personalities that went along with the toys?

Who is Sophia? She's a named piece of silicone.

And the logos too... it reminds me of branding with a hot iron.

It looks like it feels nice don't get me wrong but there are dozens of other companies that feel nice. There's no fantasy or anything with this toy.
Last edited by Sabre on Fri Sep 02, 2016 4:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A dragon's prayer
► Show Spoiler
kt~

Postby kt~ » Fri Sep 02, 2016 4:00 pm

Is she supposed to be one of the characters from Avatar? (James Cameron's Avatar)
~Kinzie~ :misc13: :cool: / Female / 23 / Otaku / Writer

One step on the road to recovery from past traumas.

20 Insertables/1 Penetrable/3 Vibes/4 Eggs
Pictures of my Collection
jessethemarshmallow
Gender: Male | sex-positive asexual/autochorissexual | Demiromantic | Engaged | DFAB

Postby jessethemarshmallow » Fri Sep 02, 2016 4:00 pm

Is this like the companion to ultimate fantasy??? Is she just a plain human but enhanced? It's not much of a fantasy without a species or even a picture...
My preference is I'll daydream about anything that its species deems to be an adult with human-level intelligence and be able communicate and give consent in an understandable way.

Toys I own:
► Show Spoiler
Tigercub

Postby Tigercub » Fri Sep 02, 2016 4:02 pm

The new toy seems so vague...there's no character description, artwork or scenario writeup, and I don't even know what she's supposed to be. Kinda hard to be excited about it.
roversrockets

Postby roversrockets » Fri Sep 02, 2016 4:02 pm

jessethemarshmallow wrote:Is this like the companion to ultimate fantasy??? Is she just a plain human but enhanced? It's not much of a fantasy without a species or even a picture...

At least the ultimate fantasy was unique, being thicker and uncut - which isnt the most common thing to find with dildos tbh.
Sofia looks far too ordinary. Fleshlights are more detailed :doh:
jessethemarshmallow
Gender: Male | sex-positive asexual/autochorissexual | Demiromantic | Engaged | DFAB

Postby jessethemarshmallow » Fri Sep 02, 2016 4:03 pm

Sabre wrote:Looks neat.. But does anyone else miss when there were characters, stories, and personalities that went along with the toys?

Who is Sophia? She's a named piece of silicone.

Yeah.......If they are trying to draw in new customers...they are going about it the wrong way. This pushes me away and if I were new it would deter me. I'd see the old models with art and stories and then see this and think, of so they stopped caring? "Named silicone" sums it up. She's artificial, lifeless and more like a fleshlight fro ma sex shop without the character.
My preference is I'll daydream about anything that its species deems to be an adult with human-level intelligence and be able communicate and give consent in an understandable way.

Toys I own:
► Show Spoiler

Return to “General Discussion”