Opinions on Sleipnir and Nocturne

Discuss anything related to Bad Dragon here!
Kisa
Posts: 875
Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2016 8:24 am
Gender: Female

Opinions on Sleipnir and Nocturne

Postby Kisa » Wed Sep 07, 2016 2:54 pm

I've started up a hunt for a good textured toy that I can use with a bit of speed. I know that textured toys aren't going to to be as smooth of a ride as less textured toys, so if I have to slow down a little while using it, I'm fine but I don't want to have to worry about speed so much. Basically, I want something a textured but not TOO textured, and a curved shaft.

Right now Sleipnir and Nocturne has my eye, with Sleipnir being the one I'm most interested in at the moment. I like the little bumps and ridges in Sleipnir. I've also been interested in a horse based dildo but I don't care for anatomically correct dildos, I rather favor mythological toys, and Sleipnir fits the bill for that. The only thing is the blunt tip of Sleipnir is a con for be, I like tapered tip, but I can work with a blunt tip if I warm up.

Nocturne has that nice texture and tapered tip that I like, but it doesn't seem to be as textured as Sleipnir. Which is a draw back.

Does anyone have any experience with these toys you'd like to share, or any other suggestions for me? I can only buy one and I'll be doing a lot of research as well.

Oh, Ming looks interesting as well.
Toys I own:
Lil Vibe (8) Crackers
Mini (5) Echo
Small (5) Ika
Medium (5) Echo
Medium (5) Roland
User avatar
Rainbow Dasher
Posts: 10491
Joined: Fri Feb 13, 2015 4:25 pm
Gender: Female
Location: Australia

Re: Opinions on Sleipnir and Nocturne

Postby Rainbow Dasher » Wed Sep 07, 2016 3:17 pm

I have had Nocturne in two sizes, and a Sleipnir in all but the XL. I ended up selling both Nocturnes (a medium and an XL) because they just didn't feel nice. My medium one I could take in its entirety and found it way too smooth. Aside from the spiky bits on the base, there is no texture to Nocturne. Well, I never felt anything. The "knots" on the toy, to me, felt really strange when they slipped inside. It actually gave me a sick feeling in my stomach and made me feel like something was wrong. I have no idea why, but using it made me feel squirmy and gross. It's sad, too, because it's an interesting toy and I had a gorgeous one that I almost couldn't bear to part with. It never really hit any special spots inside of me, either. Unfortunately, Nocturne was a total miss for me.

Sleipnir, on the other hand, is a different story! The flat, blunt head feels nice (to me) when it pops in. Sleipnir, in the larger sizes, can be described as a bit of a battering ram. If you like blunt heads, you will really like this guy! The shaft has a nice curve to it and it and while there is texture it isn't absurdly overwhelming. However, if you are texture sensitive, you might want to get him in soft, as my mini (in a medium firm) was a little painful for me to use, personally. I can be sensitive to texture. My other sizes are in soft, and I love them. I can feel the texture without it being too much for me. The girth is nice and, for me, he hits all the right spots.

Now, be aware that Sleipnir's sizes run a bit big, so don't jump right for the medium size unless you can comfortably deal with an 8" around head.
Pansexual|Married|Writer|Artist|Foodie|Pegasister|Spiritual|Crafter|Blogger|Adrenaline Junkie|Furry| Owns a lot of fucking dicks.
User avatar
sullenbandersnatch
Posts: 110
Joined: Sat Nov 14, 2015 5:54 pm
Gender: female

Re: Opinions on Sleipnir and Nocturne

Postby sullenbandersnatch » Wed Sep 07, 2016 3:34 pm

I have a Small Sleipnir and a Medium Nocturne. I am totally in love with my Sleipnir, though I personally tend to prefer more tapered tips as well. Nocturne is fun, but it took a while for me to warm up to him. My first few sessions with him were nothing to write home about (which, as I type this, is a delightfully silly phrase in this context), but now I've come to like his bulges and bumps. The spikes on the base are nice for grinding, and the curve can be pretty ideal, but it doesn't feel like a knotted toy to me. It's a very different feeling than any of my other toys, which can be excellent in the right mood. It's almost... alien feeling, I guess would be the best way to describe it.
'Twas brillig...
Kisa
Posts: 875
Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2016 8:24 am
Gender: Female

Re: Opinions on Sleipnir and Nocturne

Postby Kisa » Wed Sep 07, 2016 3:35 pm

Rainbow Dasher wrote:I have had Nocturne in two sizes, and a Sleipnir in all but the XL. I ended up selling both Nocturnes (a medium and an XL) because they just didn't feel nice. My medium one I could take in its entirety and found it way too smooth. Aside from the spiky bits on the base, there is no texture to Nocturne. Well, I never felt anything. The "knots" on the toy, to me, felt really strange when they slipped inside. It actually gave me a sick feeling in my stomach and made me feel like something was wrong. I have no idea why, but using it made me feel squirmy and gross. It's sad, too, because it's an interesting toy and I had a gorgeous one that I almost couldn't bear to part with. It never really hit any special spots inside of me, either. Unfortunately, Nocturne was a total miss for me.

Sleipnir, on the other hand, is a different story! The flat, blunt head feels nice (to me) when it pops in. Sleipnir, in the larger sizes, can be described as a bit of a battering ram. If you like blunt heads, you will really like this guy! The shaft has a nice curve to it and it and while there is texture it isn't absurdly overwhelming. However, if you are texture sensitive, you might want to get him in soft, as my mini (in a medium firm) was a little painful for me to use, personally. I can be sensitive to texture. My other sizes are in soft, and I love them. I can feel the texture without it being too much for me. The girth is nice and, for me, he hits all the right spots.

Now, be aware that Sleipnir's sizes run a bit big, so don't jump right for the medium size unless you can comfortably deal with an 8" around head.


I'm actually quite texture insensitive. I was interested in Nox for awhile but after reading so many reviews of people not being able to feel the nubs on Nox's shaft, I took Nox off of my list. I need something with some exaggerated texture, and I'll probably aim for something in medium or firm firmness.

Thanks for the tip about the size of Sleipnir, I'll keep that in mind.

Nova has had my eye for quite awhile now, but I worry about drag with him.
Toys I own:
Lil Vibe (8) Crackers
Mini (5) Echo
Small (5) Ika
Medium (5) Echo
Medium (5) Roland
User avatar
Rainbow Dasher
Posts: 10491
Joined: Fri Feb 13, 2015 4:25 pm
Gender: Female
Location: Australia

Re: Opinions on Sleipnir and Nocturne

Postby Rainbow Dasher » Wed Sep 07, 2016 3:38 pm

Hmm, In that case, you might enjoy a small Sleipnir in firm firmness.
Pansexual|Married|Writer|Artist|Foodie|Pegasister|Spiritual|Crafter|Blogger|Adrenaline Junkie|Furry| Owns a lot of fucking dicks.
User avatar
Arumaeruma
Posts: 3353
Joined: Thu Oct 02, 2014 6:45 pm
Gender: Female- Bisexual

Re: Opinions on Sleipnir and Nocturne

Postby Arumaeruma » Wed Sep 07, 2016 4:18 pm

I'm very texture insensitive, I can't feel may nubs or even larger details, but I was able to feel the texture on my Sleipnir which was in medium firmness. I felt no texture with Nova when I had one, but Slep I did.
User avatar
karla-chan
Posts: 1930
Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2015 6:27 am
Gender: Female
Location: Manchester, UK
Contact:

Re: Opinions on Sleipnir and Nocturne

Postby karla-chan » Thu Sep 08, 2016 9:31 am

I have a Nocturne and he is not really that textured. You can feel a bit of texture because he has some tiny little bumps in places, but many of my other toys cover texture better. Although I find Nocturne is good because of the 3 bumps/knots and think that he brings something different to the table. His spikes at the back do, tickle you bum a little and make things a little interesting. So I think it does depend what you are looking for in a toy.

Nocturne is one of my overall faves, but he really doesn't have that much texture. If I want something textured, I do use a different toy.
User avatar
Kittyqueen
Posts: 108
Joined: Tue Apr 12, 2016 11:46 am
Gender: Female

Re: Opinions on Sleipnir and Nocturne

Postby Kittyqueen » Thu Sep 08, 2016 12:18 pm

I loooooove my Sleipnir! I have no experience with Nocturne yet, but if you like/need texture I would say Sleipnir is the way to go. I was worried about the blunt head myself before I got it, but it actually isn't bad, and just :misc2: The texture can still be felt really well even in Medium firm, which is what I have.

*I guess putting that I have a small Sleipnir would help.
Last edited by Kittyqueen on Thu Sep 08, 2016 1:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
:misc2: :stick:

► Show Spoiler
User avatar
vixenvega
Posts: 1833
Joined: Sat Feb 27, 2016 8:04 am

Re: Opinions on Sleipnir and Nocturne

Postby vixenvega » Thu Sep 08, 2016 12:27 pm

I have a small Sleip in firm and he's really great. The blunt head isn't too much to insert and I quite like it as I can ram my cervix with it and it doesn't hurt (ymmv on that of course).
He's not super textured, but what he does have feels nice in firm. I'm fairly insensitive to texture and I couldn't feel it in small/medium.

As for Nocturne, I had him in medium/medium and I really didn't care for him vaginally or anally. He just did nothing for me at all. It's a shame. I like the backstory that he used to have (deathclaw dick!) and mine was really pretty but he was terribly boring for me.
Drazard
Posts: 703
Joined: Tue Jul 07, 2015 2:02 pm

Re: Opinions on Sleipnir and Nocturne

Postby Drazard » Thu Sep 08, 2016 12:48 pm

I owned a small/5 Sleipnir and medium/8 Nocturne in the past, and Nocturne was my favourite of the two. I usually don't like smooth toys because I need a bit of surface texture to get my rocks off, but I found that Nocturne was actually pretty interesting in firm! The nubs on the upper side of his shaft rubbed nicely against my g-spot, and the variation in the width of his shaft made him a very fun thruster. I moved him on simply because I didn't reach for him as much as my other toys, and didn't really care for his colour.

Sleipnir was... just okay. The blunt head was fun, but I found that the rest of the toy just did nothing particularly interesting in-use.
Gribley
Posts: 156
Joined: Thu Apr 16, 2015 12:28 pm
Gender: bloke

Re: Opinions on Sleipnir and Nocturne

Postby Gribley » Thu Sep 08, 2016 12:52 pm

med slep in med is a weapon, plain and simple.
you could use it as a tool of home defense, and if you take it upon yourself to stick it anywhere.........its definitely an experience, not necessarily a bad one, for me its so intense i don't really know what i feels like.
User avatar
nevan
Posts: 946
Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2015 11:44 pm
Gender: female

Re: Opinions on Sleipnir and Nocturne

Postby nevan » Thu Sep 08, 2016 11:34 pm

I really enjoy my mini sleipnir in medium firmness! I find the textures to be just right in medium for me - I feel like soft would dull him down too much, and firm would be too overwhelming. I can be fairly sensitive to texture. I find I can thrust really fast with him, and not worry about pain or super sore arms afterwards. The blunt head is a very pleasant pop in mini.
Image

Another toy I would recommend that is also a fun, textured thruster is Damn Average Jav (and she just dropped some pretty ones in her shop). I have one in her soft firmness (which is the same as Bad Dragon's medium) and I love it! It has a tapered head instead of the blunt head sleipnir has, so insertion is smoother.
Image
Image
Kisa
Posts: 875
Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2016 8:24 am
Gender: Female

Re: Opinions on Sleipnir and Nocturne

Postby Kisa » Fri Sep 09, 2016 3:26 am

nevan wrote:I really enjoy my mini sleipnir in medium firmness! I find the textures to be just right in medium for me - I feel like soft would dull him down too much, and firm would be too overwhelming. I can be fairly sensitive to texture. I find I can thrust really fast with him, and not worry about pain or super sore arms afterwards. The blunt head is a very pleasant pop in mini.
Image

Another toy I would recommend that is also a fun, textured thruster is Damn Average Jav (and she just dropped some pretty ones in her shop). I have one in her soft firmness (which is the same as Bad Dragon's medium) and I love it! It has a tapered head instead of the blunt head sleipnir has, so insertion is smoother.
Image



Oooh, that last toy looks interesting. What model is that, and what is it like to buy from that seller?

I notice that Sleipnir has a bit of a tip to him which could help ease him in, which is good. I'm a bit weary of blunt tips because I once had a toy with a blunt tip (5 inch circumference) that I could not use. Though that toy was made out of hard plastic like something you'd use to make a cellphone cover out of (it actually had the same rough texture of my cellphone now that I think about it). So it had ZERO give. I ended up returning it because it was no fun to use. I think that the give in medium firm silicone should feel much better to me.
Toys I own:
Lil Vibe (8) Crackers
Mini (5) Echo
Small (5) Ika
Medium (5) Echo
Medium (5) Roland
User avatar
vixenvega
Posts: 1833
Joined: Sat Feb 27, 2016 8:04 am

Re: Opinions on Sleipnir and Nocturne

Postby vixenvega » Fri Sep 09, 2016 5:39 am

Kisa wrote:Oooh, that last toy looks interesting. What model is that, and what is it like to buy from that seller?

I also like the Jav, that's the second toy in nevan's post.
It comes from Damn Average on Etsy, a woman named Sheep makes them: https://www.etsy.com/shop/DamnAverage?r ... _query=jav

I've bought a few things from DA. Everything is pretty easy. Sometimes there are delays in shipping, but she always alerts you to them on her announcements at the top of the shop screen.
I have a Jav myself. I personally find it a little small for me, but mine is hard (which is firmer than BD's firm) and that makes up for it. The textures are really nice and the tapered head is an easy insertion.
Jav.jpg
User avatar
karla-chan
Posts: 1930
Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2015 6:27 am
Gender: Female
Location: Manchester, UK
Contact:

Re: Opinions on Sleipnir and Nocturne

Postby karla-chan » Fri Sep 09, 2016 5:51 am

I don't normally like the look of DA's stuff, but I quite like that model actually. So are all their firmnesses just a little harder than the BD ones? Like would a soft be like a BD medium, or something in-between?
User avatar
vixenvega
Posts: 1833
Joined: Sat Feb 27, 2016 8:04 am

Re: Opinions on Sleipnir and Nocturne

Postby vixenvega » Fri Sep 09, 2016 6:02 am

karla-chan wrote:I don't normally like the look of DA's stuff, but I quite like that model actually. So are all their firmnesses just a little harder than the BD ones? Like would a soft be like a BD medium, or something in-between?

Yep!
DA's Super Soft is the same as BD Soft, 0030.
DA Soft is BD Medium, 0050.
DA Medium is BD Firm, 8a.
DA Hard is 10a.
User avatar
karla-chan
Posts: 1930
Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2015 6:27 am
Gender: Female
Location: Manchester, UK
Contact:

Re: Opinions on Sleipnir and Nocturne

Postby karla-chan » Fri Sep 09, 2016 8:00 am

vixenvega wrote:
karla-chan wrote:I don't normally like the look of DA's stuff, but I quite like that model actually. So are all their firmnesses just a little harder than the BD ones? Like would a soft be like a BD medium, or something in-between?

Yep!
DA's Super Soft is the same as BD Soft, 0030.
DA Soft is BD Medium, 0050.
DA Medium is BD Firm, 8a.
DA Hard is 10a.


Thanks so much for that, that's really worth knowing. DA's prices are a lot cheaper, so I'm pretty tempted when my money is better by that model.
Kisa
Posts: 875
Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2016 8:24 am
Gender: Female

Re: Opinions on Sleipnir and Nocturne

Postby Kisa » Sat Sep 10, 2016 7:04 pm

Hm. I know this is turning to other things than what I originally posted about. But has anyone tried Ming? I like his texture, the tapered tip, and the measurements. I've also been looking at Ridley, but his measurements are weird. There's not much difference between small and medium and there is a bit of a jump between medium to large, when I wanted something sort of in between medium and large in those measurements.
Toys I own:
Lil Vibe (8) Crackers
Mini (5) Echo
Small (5) Ika
Medium (5) Echo
Medium (5) Roland
User avatar
kt~
Posts: 1991
Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2015 8:04 am
Gender: Female
Location: MD, USA

Re: Opinions on Sleipnir and Nocturne

Postby kt~ » Sat Sep 10, 2016 7:15 pm

You mean Meng? (I'm guessing you do, but I don't want to embarrass myself by talking about the wrong toy....)

I've heard mixed reviews on Meng. But I actually like mine. I reach for it (him?) a lot. I like the texture, although it's not that intense. I can mainly just feel the horns and little back spines. Somehow, the horns rub this spot deep inside me (not my g-spot, but a little deeper) and it actually feels good. I can insert the toy almost to the base, and somehow it doesn't bother my cervix :mystery: I think it's because the toy is easy to point in whichever direction you want and due to being wider towards the base, it doesn't bend.

And yeah it is quite tapered, however, keep in mind the site's measurements are off :psyduck: it lists 5.5" circumference as the shaft measurement, however, that's how wide it is in the middle of the shaft. Towards the bottom of the shaft, it gets up to about 7" circumference. Nothing unmanageable though, especially since the toy is so tapered.

YMMV though....all bodies are different.
~Kinzie~ :misc13: :cool: / Female / 23 / Otaku / Writer

One step on the road to recovery from past traumas.

20 Insertables/1 Penetrable/3 Vibes/4 Eggs
Pictures of my Collection
Kisa
Posts: 875
Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2016 8:24 am
Gender: Female

Re: Opinions on Sleipnir and Nocturne

Postby Kisa » Sat Sep 10, 2016 11:36 pm

kt~ wrote:You mean Meng? (I'm guessing you do, but I don't want to embarrass myself by talking about the wrong toy....)

I've heard mixed reviews on Meng. But I actually like mine. I reach for it (him?) a lot. I like the texture, although it's not that intense. I can mainly just feel the horns and little back spines. Somehow, the horns rub this spot deep inside me (not my g-spot, but a little deeper) and it actually feels good. I can insert the toy almost to the base, and somehow it doesn't bother my cervix :mystery: I think it's because the toy is easy to point in whichever direction you want and due to being wider towards the base, it doesn't bend.

And yeah it is quite tapered, however, keep in mind the site's measurements are off :psyduck: it lists 5.5" circumference as the shaft measurement, however, that's how wide it is in the middle of the shaft. Towards the bottom of the shaft, it gets up to about 7" circumference. Nothing unmanageable though, especially since the toy is so tapered.

YMMV though....all bodies are different.


Yeah, I meant Meng. I have a thing for replacing e's with i's without meaning to.

Dang, I've never gone up to a 7" circumference before, but it's nicely tapered so I could easily work up to it. I also like some usable length to my toys, as I have 2 spots on the inside of the vagina that gets me off. One is a few inches inside my vagina. Another is about 5 - 6" in, the deeper one is more fun to hit and my mini Echo is too short to hit it.

I'm actually liking the toy more since I know that Meng gets that big in girth though. It's hard to tell by looking at pictures and I wasn't sure where they do their circumference measurements. If it was where the toy is at its widest or at the center of the shaft.
Toys I own:
Lil Vibe (8) Crackers
Mini (5) Echo
Small (5) Ika
Medium (5) Echo
Medium (5) Roland

Return to “General Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 13 guests