New Releases- Pearce and Lana

Discuss anything related to Bad Dragon here!
User avatar
Zombiehorse287
Posts: 315
Joined: Tue Nov 17, 2015 3:04 pm
Gender: Male
Contact:

Re: New Releases- Pearce and Lana

Postby Zombiehorse287 » Sun Sep 25, 2016 9:23 am

I'm hesitant to say but.. the toys lately are getting so normal. Remember when it was funny and actually a joke to get Ultimate Fantasy? The past few toys especially the penetrables look like they could be found on any other sex toy website.

I feel the same about the insertables granted I love the buldgy look and piercing on Pearce. (ah OK that name makes sense now) But I would've LOVED the little chubby gator art and am frankly kinda put off by the ogre art.
And with the gator being the alternative it feels like they're trying to have their "normal" audience as target and throw their fantasy audience scraps.

Oh well. At least Pearce looks good!
My babies:
► Show Spoiler

“Comparison is the thief of joy” – Theodore Roosevelt
hooooonk
User avatar
Moonmeat
Posts: 25
Joined: Sun Sep 25, 2016 8:49 am
Gender: Female

Re: New Releases- Pearce and Lana

Postby Moonmeat » Sun Sep 25, 2016 9:25 am

^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^


Image
Gribley
Posts: 156
Joined: Thu Apr 16, 2015 12:28 pm
Gender: bloke

Re: New Releases- Pearce and Lana

Postby Gribley » Sun Sep 25, 2016 10:40 am

tentacletommy wrote:
Gribley wrote:I feel that bad dragon already completely fails to justify their asking cost, designs this cookie cutter going for standard (danm high) prices certainly does not endear the company to me.


Yeah, some of the new toys are expensive, yet have simple designs that shouldn't present manufacturing difficulties.


for me its a question of where the value comes from.
from looking at what other companies are doing the cost of making a platinum cure toy is not enormous, they make a profit selling far fay cheaper, yet bd is by far the most expensive. i always assumed that the value came from extra cost's in research, design and the fact that it is a pretty heavy hitter of a brand, and you pay for that privilege.

well these designs are so simple you could carve the mold out of block's of plaster, and get some much needed texture as a happy side effect, i now know they move so much product that their margins must be enormous, the cost of their R&D will be easily covered nothing.
and as for the premium brand selling point, well they certainly seem to be working pretty hard to devalue that. couple this with what i feel is a drop in the hands on customer care that i was so impressed by earlier on (customer care is pretty spartan and cold now) and i really thing that BD as a company no longer justifies its price, its kinda just another dildo company now, and i really don't get the mental impression of anything particularly special.
if rolex sold a line of MacDonald licensed watches would you really look at your old $2500 watch with the same degree of respect and admiration??
User avatar
Lipton
Posts: 747
Joined: Thu Feb 18, 2016 11:24 am
Gender: Male
Location: Germany

Re: New Releases- Pearce and Lana

Postby Lipton » Sun Sep 25, 2016 11:35 am

Gribley wrote:
tentacletommy wrote:
Gribley wrote:I feel that bad dragon already completely fails to justify their asking cost, designs this cookie cutter going for standard (danm high) prices certainly does not endear the company to me.


Yeah, some of the new toys are expensive, yet have simple designs that shouldn't present manufacturing difficulties.


for me its a question of where the value comes from.
from looking at what other companies are doing the cost of making a platinum cure toy is not enormous, they make a profit selling far fay cheaper, yet bd is by far the most expensive. i always assumed that the value came from extra cost's in research, design and the fact that it is a pretty heavy hitter of a brand, and you pay for that privilege.

well these designs are so simple you could carve the mold out of block's of plaster, and get some much needed texture as a happy side effect, i now know they move so much product that their margins must be enormous, the cost of their R&D will be easily covered nothing.
and as for the premium brand selling point, well they certainly seem to be working pretty hard to devalue that. couple this with what i feel is a drop in the hands on customer care that i was so impressed by earlier on (customer care is pretty spartan and cold now) and i really thing that BD as a company no longer justifies its price, its kinda just another dildo company now, and i really don't get the mental impression of anything particularly special.
if rolex sold a line of MacDonald licensed watches would you really look at your old $2500 watch with the same degree of respect and admiration??


BD is like every big company, you definetly pay more for the name. It's a legit business method and as long it works there is no need to change that though.
Toys I want to buy:
- Elypse Art: Neo & Vixen
- BD April Fool Toys: Red Rocket & Fire Hydrant

I'm located in Germany, feel free to send me a message if you're selling one of these.
Gribley
Posts: 156
Joined: Thu Apr 16, 2015 12:28 pm
Gender: bloke

Re: New Releases- Pearce and Lana

Postby Gribley » Sun Sep 25, 2016 11:39 am

Lipton wrote: bd is like every big company, you definetly pay more for the name. It's a legit business method and as long it works there is no need to change that though.


correct, but what happens when the name is devalued. in BD's case its not the name so much as it is the uniqueness. when you fill a niche you call the shots. where there are alternatives with near identical quality at far far lower prices and you are churning out cookie cutter chaff...... thrones are very easy to fall off, no matter how celebrated, they never are as sturdy as they seem.
User avatar
Orca
Posts: 40
Joined: Tue Aug 30, 2016 5:34 pm
Gender: Girl who likes other girls and guys.

Re: New Releases- Pearce and Lana

Postby Orca » Sun Sep 25, 2016 11:45 am

But like some others have pointed out...BD has one of the ONLY human style penetrables that is made from safe material. The piercing on Pearce is pretty unique, and makes him stand apart from most other 'genaric' sex toy companies. Plus, many people (on the forum at least) seem to like him, even if a couple of them don't like to admit it.

One of the mods here said that they are working hard behind the scenes, and that what is happening right now may not accurately represent the direction they plan on going towards right now, so I don't think it's fair to jump to conclusions. TBH, I would buy Pearce before I would buy an Ultimate Fantasy. The Ultimate Fantasy obviously sold well enough to get it's own lineup (from my understanding it was originally an April Fools gag?) so there is still a demand for this sort of thing, and Bad Dragon aren't terrible people for filling that. They only have 3 human-esque toys out of....over 50?
Kisa
Posts: 875
Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2016 8:24 am
Gender: Female

Re: New Releases- Pearce and Lana

Postby Kisa » Sun Sep 25, 2016 11:57 am

Zombiehorse287 wrote:I'm hesitant to say but.. the toys lately are getting so normal. Remember when it was funny and actually a joke to get Ultimate Fantasy? The past few toys especially the penetrables look like they could be found on any other sex toy website.

I feel the same about the insertables granted I love the buldgy look and piercing on Pearce. (ah OK that name makes sense now) But I would've LOVED the little chubby gator art and am frankly kinda put off by the ogre art.
And with the gator being the alternative it feels like they're trying to have their "normal" audience as target and throw their fantasy audience scraps.

Oh well. At least Pearce looks good!


I disagree. While Pearce isn't my cup of tea, I LOVE the girth but I want a little more length to him, I have seen a lot of people who love him. Those people are the people who like Flint but wished he had less texture. AND this caters to the ones that like dick piercings, which there just isn't that many toys out there for that.

I also don't think the orc art is catering for the "normies," because normies isn't going to go for an orc look. Maybe a vampire or a werewolf since that's mainstream. But orcs? Yeah, no. I personally don't think ALL of their artwork has to be of animal origin, because not everyone who buys from BD is a furry. I'm not, I never have been. I do like the community and I have written furry erotica and posted it online awhile back, but I never felt the need to go further into that lifestyle. I just like fantasy and imagination, I like my toys with a fantasy element but not anatomically correct animal based toys. And I think BD is catering to both groups. So it's nice to see a drawing of a pure mythological creature that isn't animal based. I'm excited to see what other creatures they bring out, whether they are pure fantasy, alien, or a hybrid of fantasy and animal based design. I've been lurking here for years while researching toys, but I only just now joined since I started ordering toys. So speaking as someone who loves high fantasy toys, I feel the orc art is VERY much for the fantasy loving crowd... Oh no! I've just talked myself into wanting a Pearce! Ahhhhh! What have I done! I'm going to have to put myself on a no buy for a bit to save up for all these toys that I want. Maybe there will be a nice deal around Black Friday, as well!

At first I did think Pearce was a bit plain, maybe he could have used some more texture in the form of veins. But when I pictured an Orc penis I end up describing something just like Pearce. Something short, but girthy, not a whole ton of texture but veiny. I think they didn't put the croc pic in the store page, because Pearce doesn't look too reptilian. He'd need more scaley details on the toy for that, I think at least
Last edited by Kisa on Sun Sep 25, 2016 1:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Toys I own:
Lil Vibe (8) Crackers
Mini (5) Echo
Small (5) Ika
Medium (5) Echo
Medium (5) Roland
User avatar
Fae Fantase
Posts: 3805
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 5:29 pm
Gender: Female/20's/love for all genders

Re: New Releases- Pearce and Lana

Postby Fae Fantase » Sun Sep 25, 2016 12:51 pm

Moonmeat wrote:I am also, for one, tired of seeing every sleeve they make unrealistically the same. :v Why can't they make toys with some actual labia instead of the whole..... labia-less??? I mean the only female sleeves they have that have even the TINIEST amount of labia are Mary, Janine and the Anthro Shark (didn't she have a name....????). The sellout attitude BD has adopted is just.. no thank ya.

Anywho, it'd be nice if they would stop designing all this stuff to cater to other human beans who don't want toys that look like "fantasy" parts because holy moly. This local monster lover don't like the direction they are going. They haven't really had anything unique since the Jurassic Park promo. :misc4: As a WoW lover, I don't mind the idea of an orc but I can definitely see the distaste for that and other such species. :v I would take more generic dog-themed dongers and horse junk before any more of this human-like stuff.

Janine is the only toy with real, humanistic labia. And they're still pretty dang small. Anthro Shark has an outline of labia that are almost non existent if not for the outline in pink. I don't know if Mary counts because it isn't based on a human or extremely humanoid character so is it supposed to be labia even or just a peculiar shape? It's strange to me because they have mostly uncircumcised looking toys sans Xar and Mountain Drake which was a One Size Labs release. While completely lacking toys with larger labia or larger clitoris :mystery:.

I'm one of those human beings. Yet I'm also a humanoid monster and dragon fan. I have love for both humanistic and fantasy toys. Not big on the ones that aren't based on fantasy only creatures. Technically they are based on anthro creatures which are fantasy but everyone says they are pretty realistic so I'll take their word there since I've never read otherwise. I agree with you that we need more new release toys back to BD's roots of fantasy monsters, dragons, etc..or heck even some full size releases for lab toys that already exist and are fantasy based.
I've sold toys to over 17 different homes.
User avatar
HungryStray
Posts: 1449
Joined: Sat Jun 27, 2015 11:58 am

Re: New Releases- Pearce and Lana

Postby HungryStray » Sun Sep 25, 2016 12:54 pm

Kisa wrote:
Zombiehorse287 wrote:I'm hesitant to say but.. the toys lately are getting so normal. Remember when it was funny and actually a joke to get Ultimate Fantasy? The past few toys especially the penetrables look like they could be found on any other sex toy website.

I feel the same about the insertables granted I love the buldgy look and piercing on Pearce. (ah OK that name makes sense now) But I would've LOVED the little chubby gator art and am frankly kinda put off by the ogre art.
And with the gator being the alternative it feels like they're trying to have their "normal" audience as target and throw their fantasy audience scraps.

Oh well. At least Pearce looks good!
:words:

Post so perfect I don't have to add anything.

Image
Soooo... I'm doing reviews now! http://doeadeert.tumblr.com/

"Oh bliss! Bliss and heaven! Oh, it was gorgeousness and gorgeousity made flesh. It was like a bird of rarest-spun heaven metal or like silvery wine flowing in a spaceship, gravity all nonsense now. As I slooshied, I knew such lovely pictures!" Alex (Malcolm McDowell)

Controversy is the seeds of change and enlightenment. The fruits we harvest today will be the compost of tomorrow.
User avatar
Arumaeruma
Posts: 3353
Joined: Thu Oct 02, 2014 6:45 pm
Gender: Female- Bisexual

Re: New Releases- Pearce and Lana

Postby Arumaeruma » Sun Sep 25, 2016 12:55 pm

lovelyscales wrote: :words:


If they were to have released a toy like Janine without the scales it would have been fine, the one they released is gross without any labia and like no clit on it.
User avatar
Fae Fantase
Posts: 3805
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 5:29 pm
Gender: Female/20's/love for all genders

Re: New Releases- Pearce and Lana

Postby Fae Fantase » Sun Sep 25, 2016 1:04 pm

Arumaeruma wrote:
lovelyscales wrote: :words:


If they were to have released a toy like Janine without the scales it would have been fine, the one they released is gross without any labia and like no clit on it.

Not seeing any clit threw me off too. Course when I was younger I had to actually ask a trusted adult if all people with vaginas had a clitoris because I talked to others who couldn't see theirs without pulling back labia skin. Still can't see it from the outside because it's almost impossibly teeny. I don't mind them releasing toys that have smaller labia of course, some real women have vaginas like that. I just mind that all the penetrables have no or very tiny labia making it seem like that's the only desirable look to them other than "anthro" looking. Meanwhile they have penis based toys closer to average girth, with both the uncircumcised and circumcised looks, and ones below average penis length. Could just be coincidence yet it's sorta disheartening from a company that's supposed to be all about sex positivity.
I've sold toys to over 17 different homes.
User avatar
Arumaeruma
Posts: 3353
Joined: Thu Oct 02, 2014 6:45 pm
Gender: Female- Bisexual

Re: New Releases- Pearce and Lana

Postby Arumaeruma » Sun Sep 25, 2016 1:10 pm

lovelyscales wrote:Not seeing any clit threw me off too. Course when I was younger I had to actually ask a trusted adult if all people with vaginas had a clitoris because I talked to others who couldn't see theirs without pulling back labia skin. Still can't see it from the outside because it's almost impossibly teeny. I don't mind them releasing toys that have smaller labia of course, some real women have vaginas like that. I just mind that all the penetrables have no or very tiny labia making it seem like that's the only desirable look to them other than "anthro" looking. Meanwhile they have penis based toys closer to average girth, with both the uncircumcised and circumcised looks, and ones below average penis length. Could just be coincidence yet it's sorta disheartening from a company that's supposed to be all about sex positivity.


Wow you really summed up my entire feelings about the penetrable very well. I'm the same way, I have a very small clit buried under a lot of skin. I agree that I don't mind that they make a penetrable with smaller labia but this toy just looks so... odd. I really didn't know it was supposed to be human because there is no indication of it. I feel much more comfortable giving my partner a fleshlight for a human penetrable since they're more anatomically correct :/ There's no reason they couldn't have made it look VAUGLY like an adult vagina, how it stands now it's gross, bland, and honestly makes me feel a bit disheartened that their idea of a "human" penetrable is something with no lips :/
User avatar
Fae Fantase
Posts: 3805
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 5:29 pm
Gender: Female/20's/love for all genders

Re: New Releases- Pearce and Lana

Postby Fae Fantase » Sun Sep 25, 2016 1:19 pm

Arumaeruma wrote:Wow you really summed up my entire feelings about the penetrable very well. I'm the same way, I have a very small clit buried under a lot of skin. I agree that I don't mind that they make a penetrable with smaller labia but this toy just looks so... odd. I really didn't know it was supposed to be human because there is no indication of it. I feel much more comfortable giving my partner a fleshlight for a human penetrable since they're more anatomically correct :/ There's no reason they couldn't have made it look VAUGLY like an adult vagina, how it stands now it's gross, bland, and honestly makes me feel a bit disheartened that their idea of a "human" penetrable is something with no lips :/

Yeah this literally has the look of no labia at all. I suppose there may be some vagina owners who look like that without surgery. Yet even the vaginas I've seen that you can't see any labia from them standing up in documentaries about labia removal surgery and websites dedicated to showing all sorts of looks to vaginas, once all spread out you can at least see a hint of labia even if they are super thin and tiny. This looks as much like a coin slot as Alice did.
I've sold toys to over 17 different homes.
Ridog
Posts: 8
Joined: Sun Sep 25, 2016 10:23 am

Re: New Releases- Pearce and Lana

Postby Ridog » Sun Sep 25, 2016 2:19 pm

Gribley wrote:from looking at what other companies are doing the cost of making a platinum cure toy is not enormous, they make a profit selling far fay cheaper, yet bd is by far the most expensive. i always assumed that the value came from extra cost's in research, design and the fact that it is a pretty heavy hitter of a brand, and you pay for that privilege.


Bad Dragon things seem to be quite nicely in line with dildos from other reputable companies, like Tantus and Vixen. With the difference that with BD toys you actually have customization options.

And regarding Lana, my wife said that it reminded her more about the tip of a penis than a vagina, and now I can't unsee that. :psyduck:
User avatar
Idra
Posts: 1168
Joined: Sat Jul 30, 2016 1:15 am
Gender: Genderqueer
Location: Klatch

Re: New Releases- Pearce and Lana

Postby Idra » Sun Sep 25, 2016 2:53 pm

lovelyscales wrote:
Arumaeruma wrote:Wow you really summed up my entire feelings about the penetrable very well. I'm the same way, I have a very small clit buried under a lot of skin. I agree that I don't mind that they make a penetrable with smaller labia but this toy just looks so... odd. I really didn't know it was supposed to be human because there is no indication of it. I feel much more comfortable giving my partner a fleshlight for a human penetrable since they're more anatomically correct :/ There's no reason they couldn't have made it look VAUGLY like an adult vagina, how it stands now it's gross, bland, and honestly makes me feel a bit disheartened that their idea of a "human" penetrable is something with no lips :/

Yeah this literally has the look of no labia at all. I suppose there may be some vagina owners who look like that without surgery. Yet even the vaginas I've seen that you can't see any labia from them standing up in documentaries about labia removal surgery and websites dedicated to showing all sorts of looks to vaginas, once all spread out you can at least see a hint of labia even if they are super thin and tiny. This looks as much like a coin slot as Alice did.

I've been with people who have very thin, small labia without surgery, but even they had WAY more labia than Lana does (probably around Janine, maybe a little more). I would prefer more labia -- the more the better! -- but even something like Janine's lips would have been better than Lana's lips. As it stands now, I really don't see a whole lot of visual difference between Alice, Sofia, and Lana -- and that's SUPPOSED to be a rabbit, a pokemon, and a human. I guess I kind of get that UF wasn't very detailed and Lana's the counterpart, but they didn't have to make the labia hyper-detailed to make them exist at all.

As for the tiny clit thing: That's fine, but we just got Sofia and she has the EXACT same clit design. I'm fine with tiny clits but come on, not on two penetrables in a row.


Ridog wrote:And regarding Lana, my wife said that it reminded her more about the tip of a penis than a vagina, and now I can't unsee that. :psyduck:

That's exactly what my sister said and I can't unsee it either. :bugeyed:
// idra // lesbian //
-----------------------
Owned: See Profile
User avatar
RigidDreamer
Posts: 157
Joined: Sun Feb 07, 2016 2:26 am
Gender: male

Re: New Releases- Pearce and Lana

Postby RigidDreamer » Sun Sep 25, 2016 3:58 pm

blckbird wrote:
KatieCD wrote:
RigidDreamer wrote:About how soft/firm is their silicone compared to BD's? They just call it "soft".


mrhankeystoys soft feels a little firmer than BDs medium, not sure about their firm. I own the ramrodder and XXXplorer in soft.


How were you supposed to know the dimensions of each toy on the mr hankey website, from someone whose bought from them? i can't seem to find any info like that on there or on the product pages

The specs are on the home page. But I agree, they should be on the product pages, too.
User avatar
Moonmeat
Posts: 25
Joined: Sun Sep 25, 2016 8:49 am
Gender: Female

Re: New Releases- Pearce and Lana

Postby Moonmeat » Sun Sep 25, 2016 4:15 pm

It sucks because BD used to be so good at what they did now... NOPE.
User avatar
BorisLover
Posts: 2395
Joined: Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:28 am

Re: New Releases- Pearce and Lana

Postby BorisLover » Sun Sep 25, 2016 6:22 pm

Orca wrote:But like some others have pointed out...BD has one of the ONLY human style penetrables that is made from safe material. The piercing on Pearce is pretty unique, and makes him stand apart from most other 'genaric' sex toy companies. Plus, many people (on the forum at least) seem to like him, even if a couple of them don't like to admit it.

One of the mods here said that they are working hard behind the scenes, and that what is happening right now may not accurately represent the direction they plan on going towards right now, so I don't think it's fair to jump to conclusions. TBH, I would buy Pearce before I would buy an Ultimate Fantasy. The Ultimate Fantasy obviously sold well enough to get it's own lineup (from my understanding it was originally an April Fools gag?) so there is still a demand for this sort of thing, and Bad Dragon aren't terrible people for filling that. They only have 3 human-esque toys out of....over 50?


Thankyou ^

Ive been on these forums a long time, and Im sure ive read a fair few members (granted probably not the same ones) asking for more humanoid dicks they could attach to humanoid fantasy creatures like orcs/ succubus/ vamps etc. I honestly feel Pearce fits this pretty well.
And if its not your thing, thats fine.
Im not making much comment on Lana though because I do agree with alot of the comments on her and dont feel the need to say it all over again in my own words.
Avatar made by Drazard ! ~ Happily Claimed ~ ♡
KatieCD
Posts: 446
Joined: Mon Mar 31, 2014 5:32 pm

Re: New Releases- Pearce and Lana

Postby KatieCD » Mon Sep 26, 2016 9:08 am

Had a chance to see (and sqeeze) an XL pearce at the Folsom st fair. He looks awesome and I can't wait to get one in large.
User avatar
Rispy_Girl
Posts: 858
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2016 8:06 pm
Gender: Female
Contact:

Re: New Releases- Pearce and Lana

Postby Rispy_Girl » Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:10 am

tentacletommy wrote:
lovelyscales wrote:Not seeing any clit threw me off too. Course when I was younger I had to actually ask a trusted adult if all people with vaginas had a clitoris because I talked to others who couldn't see theirs without pulling back labia skin. Still can't see it from the outside because it's almost impossibly teeny. I don't mind them releasing toys that have smaller labia of course, some real women have vaginas like that. I just mind that all the penetrables have no or very tiny labia making it seem like that's the only desirable look to them other than "anthro" looking. Meanwhile they have penis based toys closer to average girth, with both the uncircumcised and circumcised looks, and ones below average penis length. Could just be coincidence yet it's sorta disheartening from a company that's supposed to be all about sex positivity.


Indeed, they don't look distinct or interesting anymore. I will definitely still buy a Lana and Sofia in the future, but will not go for custom orders since they are just shaped like a tube. Since Lily was introduced, the front fascias of penetrables took on a round, amorphous shape. Many people bought Janine because of her distinctive design; she would be even more popular if texture options were offered.


Oh now there's a cool idea. The option of being able to mix and match internal texture to external look would be so cool! I bet if any company could do it BD could. Perhaps they can get new molds so the internal part of the mold screws in and is interchangeable? Though perhaps it would be difficult to keep things smooth that way.

Return to “General Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 22 guests