New Releases- Pearce and Lana

Discuss anything related to Bad Dragon here!
Ixick

Re: New Releases- Pearce and Lana

Postby Ixick » Wed Sep 28, 2016 12:32 pm

Ridog wrote:But I don't want any weird off-color patches of silicone in my toy I just payed x amount of dollars to have just the way I wanted it to be. Totally breaks the fantasy.

This honestly sounds sarcastic--I've never heard someone complain about the bottom of the base not looking pretty. In fact, it's generally disregarded since it's just the bottom of the toy. If someone is THAT specific about the toy, here's a spoiler for you: they're not going to buy the toy with a logo, period. I'm offering compromise if the logo won't go away.

Ridog wrote:
You might notice, that in Pearce, the logo actually has the letters BD and a dragon head. Pretty identifiable I think.

Actually, thanks to the sports-like design, it looks more like "80". The dragon head is a pointless addition, when a "BD" would suffice. Not to mention that if we're looking for identifiable, you want your logo to be as concise as possible--from a distance you're way more likely to be able to identify lettering than a stylized creature, unless the logo is made much larger.

Ridog wrote:Both of these options would require molds to be made for every possible combination. That would cost extra money that would have to come from somewhere (the customers), riots would ensue and cars would be burned in protest of such horrible greediness. This is also the reason why the older models don't have any logos. Cheaper to go with old molds than make new ones just because.

More sarcasm. :eyeroll: The point is that if their logo is meant to serve ANY purpose, they absolutely should have spent the extra money to apply it to older models. Having 90% of their catalog NOT have logos results in it being an utterly fruitless endeavor unless they go ahead and retire all of their older models and start fresh.

The only real reason for the logo, from a practical, legal, and economic standpoint, is because they wanted the logo on it. Not because they wanted to stop imitators. Not because they wanted to make their brand more well-known. But because they felt like it. No one is seriously going to say "you know, I was on the fence about buying a BD dildo, but WOW, that logo is amazing!". Nor will any cheap imitators be scared off of making a fake BD (if anything, it'll probably drive a seedier market for logo-less versions). Nor will anyone somehow stumble upon a BD dildo without knowing what it is and recognize it by the logo alone.

They wanted to do it, so they did. There's no feasible reason beyond that. And, speaking from the economic side of that: the most expensive part of toy design is the mock-up itself. The logo is not a part of the model that adds to or subtracts from the structural integrity. Even if it took 20-30 sales to mitigate the cost of a logo-less model (or of a streamlined method to stamp the logo on during the process), would it really be unfeasible to believe that BD is capable of making those sales?

I'm just not buying the excuses or reasoning for a logo. There's really no justification--and it's a baffling move when there's no clear advantage to it beyond riling up your base and losing customers, especially when adding the logo won't INCREASE the flow of customers.

But this is just my two cents on it, of course. :widesmile: I could be totally wrong, this could be an economically viable strategy to increase sales.

I just don't see the math adding up.

(I don't mean to come off as rude, and if I did, I apologize)
karla-chan

Postby karla-chan » Wed Sep 28, 2016 12:54 pm

Bakpakgrrl wrote:While I'm gradually becoming ok with the idea of the logo (although I'm sure I will make a :unamused: face once I'm holding a logo'd toy in my hands), the only thing I truly hope at this point is that its inclusion won't mean the end of elaborate detailed bases. As long as they can incorporate it into base designs without making them completely smooth, I can be ok with it. And hopefully it would visually disappear a bit more into a base that was more detailed.

I never thought of that actually. I hope they don't effect the bases, because my favourite bases are the ones that can either provide some clit or anal stimulation. Like Enderfang's spikes, or Pretzel. Or even the stable Kelvin.

That little extra pleasure can be a lot more fun and interesting.

I don't object to the idea of a logo, just as it stands it looks obnoxious. It's too big and too obvious. On the ponies it works because everyone thought of cutie marks. I know it doesn't effect the use, but if I'm paying a lot of money for a toy I want good quality and for it to look great.

So I really think it should either be smaller or on the base.
Vitani

Postby Vitani » Wed Sep 28, 2016 1:10 pm

DizzySchizo wrote:but unless you're in a mirror or like looking at yourself as you use it(and even then it might be hard to see), you can't really see it when you use it.

Why must the logo only apply to the toy being in use? For me personally, the look and aesthetic of the toy (while not in use yet) matters just as much to me as actually using it, and yes the logo dramatically takes that away for me. I don't think theres anything wrong with that, or anything wrong with being unhappy that they can't even at least make it optional. (though I do understand why they cannot).

And ultimately, you are right. They are a big company, and they can and DO make their own decisions. I'm not going to be buying any of the new models, not to spite them, but because I don't agree with it, and that's fine, and honestly you really don't need to get hostile and berate people who feel that way. :/ Not cool.

P.S. And honestly the biggest reason I'm upset is what others have said...past decisions bothered me, and this is finally the icing on the cake for me.
Idra

Postby Idra » Wed Sep 28, 2016 1:32 pm

Vitani wrote:
DizzySchizo wrote:but unless you're in a mirror or like looking at yourself as you use it(and even then it might be hard to see), you can't really see it when you use it.

Why must the logo only apply to the toy being in use? For me personally, the look and aesthetic of the toy (while not in use yet) matters just as much to me as actually using it, and yes the logo dramatically takes that away for me.

Yeah, this. There is a reason people are willing to pay premiums for custom colors, or spend money for a toy model they already have, because they fell in love with the colors. There's a reason people collect them or lament being unable to display them. There's a reason people will delay buying toy models they want until they have enough money for a custom or until there's an adopt they find pretty enough. There's a reason plain grey toys in adopts don't sell well.

If someone solely cares about how a toy feels in use, that's fine. That's a reasonable way to approach toy buying, and a logo won't take away from how a toy feels. It's absolutely valid not to care about the logo. But for those of us who absolutely do care about aesthetics, which is another valid toy buying method, the logo can be a problem. And that's okay too. Where each person falls on the issue is going to be a personal decision, from those who don't care, to those who would overlook it for a great model, to those who won't buy any toy with a logo on it.
// idra // lesbian //
-----------------------
Owned: See Profile
Arumaeruma

Postby Arumaeruma » Wed Sep 28, 2016 1:38 pm

Idra wrote: :words:

Completely agree, I love looking at my toys as much as I do using them, and I dislike the look of the logo. It's fine if people aren't affected by it, but don't try to diminish the feelings of people who dislike it.
On that same note with colors... it's kind sad that they displayed Pearce only in solid black. I know a lot of people buy just plain black toys, but considering they had a news letter a bit back boasting about their colors and color options, it's kinda sad that the colors weren't more interesting :(
Rispy_Girl

Postby Rispy_Girl » Wed Sep 28, 2016 1:55 pm

Arumaeruma wrote:
Idra wrote: :words:

Completely agree, I love looking at my toys as much as I do using them, and I dislike the look of the logo. It's fine if people aren't affected by it, but don't try to diminish the feelings of people who dislike it.
On that same note with colors... it's kind sad that they displayed Pearce only in solid black. I know a lot of people buy just plain black toys, but considering they had a news letter a bit back boasting about their colors and color options, it's kinda sad that the colors weren't more interesting :(

With regard to the color Pearce has been displayed in, it may be a good thing. One complaint is that some toys are displayed in colors that are no longer available. I don't think that will be the case this time.
Phelvia

Postby Phelvia » Wed Sep 28, 2016 2:27 pm

Ixick wrote:The point is that if their logo is meant to serve ANY purpose, they absolutely should have spent the extra money to apply it to older models. Having 90% of their catalog NOT have logos results in it being an utterly fruitless endeavor unless they go ahead and retire all of their older models and start fresh.

Chiming in because none of BD's "top 5" best sellers have the logo. Wouldn't that make more sense to logo those since they got evidence that those sell the most?
Duncan Cahokian

Postby Duncan Cahokian » Wed Sep 28, 2016 2:53 pm

DizzySchizo wrote:For the love of all that is holy... They're fake dicks people. A logo does not at all interfere with it's usage. It's their company, they're proud of what they do, they want their name on it. If you made a sculpture, made a mold of it, and mass produced it, wouldn't you want an indention of your signature or something on it so people know who the original artist was? You guys must teach me your ways of completely zoning out to the point of being so immersed in a fantasy that feeling a small indention in something is going to ruin the whole thing. Because I want to go to that fantasy world and be where the dragons with giant dongs live, it sounds fun.

I'm not trying to be rude or anything, but not buying something because a company is proud enough to put their logo on it, or not buying anything from them because you hate that some toys have logos, is not going to change anything and is way over the top dramatic as if the company is going to vanish entirely about something so tiny that in no way effects anyone at all other than the fact that you don't like it. As I said before, the company is now hella legit. They wanna continue being hella legit and expand and make more cool shit. If a logo prevents you from buying... Say, the next BD labs design or what have you, because it has a logo, the company won't suffer for it so you're not really teaching them a lesson. They're only going to get bigger. This is how they'll do that.

If you don't wanna support them that's your prerogative, but stop treating it like it's the end of days because that's how you're making it sound.

THIS, THIS PEOPLE!!! :misc2: :excited:
You know what the best thing about hitting rock bottom is? There only one way to go, and that's UP! -Buster Moon
Rainbow Dasher

Postby Rainbow Dasher » Wed Sep 28, 2016 3:07 pm

It's difficult, I feel, for newbies to the site (and to BD) to fully understand why those of us who have been here for quite some time and have experienced some...unsavoury things, are a bit fed up.
Pansexual|Married|Writer|Artist|Foodie|Pegasister|Spiritual|Crafter|Blogger|Adrenaline Junkie|Furry| Owns a lot of fucking dicks.
Harra

Postby Harra » Wed Sep 28, 2016 3:35 pm

Rainbow Dasher wrote:It's difficult, I feel, for newbies to the site (and to BD) to fully understand why those of us who have been here for quite some time and have experienced some...unsavoury things, are a bit fed up.

Even though I'm one of those newbies, I do agree. The folks who've been here for 2-3+ years can and do cite a long list of bad business/PR/customer service decisions that some of us just haven't been around for. (Heck, I came in around the time Sugar Star was released, so I'm pretty new in terms of forum age/activity.)

And that subtext misses more than a few individuals reading the complaints, I'm sure. I don't even know half of the controversies surrounding BD and stuff told by both fans and naysayers, and I actively look for it. I can't imagine someone who only visits the forums on a sporadic basis would get all of the history that fuels people's ire with BD.

... Not that I'm passing judgment for not knowing the subtext, but the subtext and history is a large factor in these kinds of discussions, I've noticed.
Oh... am I supposed to put something witty here? Alright. Something witty. :stick:

Collection:
► Show Spoiler
Bakpakgrrl

Postby Bakpakgrrl » Wed Sep 28, 2016 3:53 pm

karla-chan wrote:
I never thought of that actually. I hope they don't effect the bases, because my favourite bases are the ones that can either provide some clit or anal stimulation. Like Enderfang's spikes, or Pretzel. Or even the stable Kelvin.

Agreed!!
My toybox overfloweth :misc12:....current toy count: 24
Currently selling a nice Large Echo in 5 here!
Currently selling an EE Reptilian and Monster Buck here!
Rispy_Girl

Postby Rispy_Girl » Wed Sep 28, 2016 3:57 pm

Bakpakgrrl wrote:
karla-chan wrote:

Agreed!!

I didn't even consider this. BD please take this into consideration!
AustinFetish

Postby AustinFetish » Wed Sep 28, 2016 4:02 pm

Pearce looks like an awesome vaginal stretcher! That's great since Moko is gone.

Like others said many times, he's a nice vaginal length. I think we'll see many female bodied people moving up to larges via Pearce.

Yes, the cervix is often only 4" away, but it moves a little, and there are deeper pockets up beside the cervix in a number of people (but not all).
Stretch it .... month by month, year by year.
RigidDreamer

Postby RigidDreamer » Wed Sep 28, 2016 6:25 pm

Phelvia wrote:If an average person types in "weird dildo" BD will probably show up but not because of the logo. It's because BD is known for crazy designs and ideas. Not a logo.

When I google "weird dildo," BD comes in at #5 and Fetish Zone at #9.
Ixick

Postby Ixick » Wed Sep 28, 2016 6:38 pm

Phelvia wrote:
Ixick wrote:The point is that if their logo is meant to serve ANY purpose, they absolutely should have spent the extra money to apply it to older models. Having 90% of their catalog NOT have logos results in it being an utterly fruitless endeavor unless they go ahead and retire all of their older models and start fresh.

Chiming in because none of BD's "top 5" best sellers have the logo. Wouldn't that make more sense to logo those since they got evidence that those sell the most?

I actually mentioned that in my original, longer post :blush:
QueenCheetah93

Postby QueenCheetah93 » Wed Sep 28, 2016 7:12 pm

DizzySchizo wrote:For the love of all that is holy... They're fake dicks people. A logo does not at all interfere with it's usage. It's their company, they're proud of what they do, they want their name on it. If you made a sculpture, made a mold of it, and mass produced it, wouldn't you want an indention of your signature or something on it so people know who the original artist was? You guys must teach me your ways of completely zoning out to the point of being so immersed in a fantasy that feeling a small indention in something is going to ruin the whole thing. Because I want to go to that fantasy world and be where the dragons with giant dongs live, it sounds fun.

I'm not trying to be rude or anything, but not buying something because a company is proud enough to put their logo on it, or not buying anything from them because you hate that some toys have logos, is not going to change anything and is way over the top dramatic as if the company is going to vanish entirely about something so tiny that in no way effects anyone at all other than the fact that you don't like it. As I said before, the company is now hella legit. They wanna continue being hella legit and expand and make more cool shit. If a logo prevents you from buying... Say, the next BD labs design or what have you, because it has a logo, the company won't suffer for it so you're not really teaching them a lesson. They're only going to get bigger. This is how they'll do that.

If you don't wanna support them that's your prerogative, but stop treating it like it's the end of days because that's how you're making it sound.

I'll agree with ya. I'm a graphic designer. Art and Business is like, our entire job, and like it or not, fantasy silicone dildos are a type of "art". In addition, they are ALSO a product.

Every drawing, every painting- has or should have a signature. This wasn't made on a line. Someone put hand work (haha) into pouring the silicone designs for each of these and up until now, once you tear off the bag there is nothing to say Bad Dragon had anything to do with this toy.

In addtion, for some reason, there is this strange expectation that branding is allowed on almost every product ever made except fantasy dildos. Nike has their swoosh, Adidas has their stripes, and they emblazon that shit from back to front on everything. Tags, fabric, on the product, as part of the design - almost every single sold product has their brand somewhere on the item.

It's strange to us because they haven't done it up until now, but with more and more people branching into the fantasy dick field, I don't blame them to want to clearly show where there products come from.

Now you can say that you'd prefer it smaller, or in a more out of the way place, but it is fully within reason to put a logo on your work. I don't think it looks amazing, but I don't think it "ruins the product."

I stick this pretty hunk of silicone in my vagina. It's nicely colored, nicely shaped, works well, and does it's job.

Until this stops /not/ being the case, I'll keep buying bad dragon products - logo or not.
My Current Collection!
► Show Spoiler

Twin Tail Creations/Damn Average
-Dante the Anubite
-Krampuskitzler
Stumpy

Postby Stumpy » Wed Sep 28, 2016 8:05 pm

QueenCheetah93 wrote:

I'll agree with ya. I'm a graphic designer. Art and Business is like, our entire job, and like it or not, fantasy silicone dildos are a type of "art". In addition, they are ALSO a product.

Every drawing, every painting- has or should have a signature. This wasn't made on a line. Someone put hand work (haha) into pouring the silicone designs for each of these and up until now, once you tear off the bag there is nothing to say Bad Dragon had anything to do with this toy.

In addtion, for some reason, there is this strange expectation that branding is allowed on almost every product ever made except fantasy dildos. Nike has their swoosh, Adidas has their stripes, and they emblazon that shit from back to front on everything. Tags, fabric, on the product, as part of the design - almost every single sold product has their brand somewhere on the item.

It's strange to us because they haven't done it up until now, but with more and more people branching into the fantasy dick field, I don't blame them to want to clearly show where there products come from.

Now you can say that you'd prefer it smaller, or in a more out of the way place, but it is fully within reason to put a logo on your work. I don't think it looks amazing, but I don't think it "ruins the product."

I stick this pretty hunk of silicone in my vagina. It's nicely colored, nicely shaped, works well, and does it's job.

Until this stops /not/ being the case, I'll keep buying bad dragon products - logo or not.

I also work in advertising and I understand why BD implemented the logo, which I don't mind inherently, but I do consider it an eyesore in it's current form.

Eventually I think BD will get it worked out, but right now its a little *too* Nike/Adidas/etc. The statement of their brand should come from the quality and style of their product first and foremost, not solely from their logo, and I feel they've pushed the logo too brashly in the last couple models.

Like I said though, I think BD will get it balanced out in the end, but right now it all feels a little weird. I will be patient enough to see what happens.
mynickname

Postby mynickname » Wed Sep 28, 2016 11:01 pm

QueenCheetah93 wrote:Nike has their swoosh, Adidas has their stripes, and they emblazon that shit from back to front on everything. Tags, fabric, on the product, as part of the design - almost every single sold product has their brand somewhere on the item.
A lot of people hate that.
Kisa

Postby Kisa » Wed Sep 28, 2016 11:02 pm

mynickname wrote:
QueenCheetah93 wrote:Nike has their swoosh, Adidas has their stripes, and they emblazon that shit from back to front on everything. Tags, fabric, on the product, as part of the design - almost every single sold product has their brand somewhere on the item.
A lot of people hate that.

And their company still does well.
Toys I own:
Lil Vibe (8) Crackers
Mini (5) Echo
Small (5) Ika
Medium (5) Echo
Medium (5) Roland
karla-chan

Postby karla-chan » Wed Sep 28, 2016 11:11 pm

Stumpy wrote:I also work in advertising and I understand why BD implemented the logo, which I don't mind inherently, but I do consider it an eyesore in it's current form.

Eventually I think BD will get it worked out, but right now its a little *too* Nike/Adidas/etc. The statement of their brand should come from the quality and style of their product first and foremost, not solely from their logo, and I feel they've pushed the logo too brashly in the last couple models.

Like I said though, I think BD will get it balanced out in the end, but right now it all feels a little weird. I will be patient enough to see what happens.

I pretty much agree with this, the current presentation of the logo in general is what I dislike. Not the fact they have one.

I'm a artist, and I do sign my work. My signature tends to be small, but close to the drawing at the very bottom. It's there and can be seen, but never obstructs the art itself. If I had a larger signature across part of the drawing itself it would cause a fuss, and ruin the art itself.

Also consider many artists are asked NOT to include a signature if they are working for a client, or its being bought from them by a company or business. Since people object to it being there and potentially distracting. I just thought I'd throw that one in there as food for thought.

Even cheaper childrens toys (and many other products) tend to have the company name, and copyright information somewhere not too obvious and visible. Since although it's preferred to be present. It needs to be in a place where it can be found, but not to be so ugly that the customer goes, nope! Not buying that.

So a small stamp at the base would probably look so much better, and look like a seal of approval and promise from BD rather than obnoxious!

Return to “General Discussion”