New to the craft

Discuss anything related to Bad Dragon here!
Kathulu'sbride

New to the craft

Postby Kathulu'sbride » Sat Dec 03, 2016 4:36 pm

Hey everyone. I'm not really sure how this thread will do but here goes nothing!

So the basic reason I started this thread is because, more than anything, I want to get into making silicone stress toys and dildos. I think that it looks like a lot of fun and it's time for a new and (hopefully) longer lasting hobby.

It's definitely going to be a little while (next year) before I actually have what I need to take on something like this, but in the mean time, I really wanted to get some ideas as to what people would like to see product wise. I have a list as long as my torso as to what I'm wanting to make in the way of stress toys but I want to know what ideas you might all have for dildos? Where you think that the fantasy toy world has a hole that I can fill up (pun intended)? I know I want to do a range of toys for beginners all the way up to size queens if I can but past that I haven't too much in the works for ideas quite yet.

I am also looking for any advice that anyone might be willing to give in the field of actually making toys. I'm not at all looking to outshine anyone or steal business!

Thanks so much for anything anyone is willing to help with!
The Size.....Princess
Harra

Re: New to the craft

Postby Harra » Sat Dec 03, 2016 5:15 pm

Do you mind if I subscribe to the thread and learn from the contents? I also have a (pipe) dream of making silicone fantasy toys if circumstances allow.

And to contribute to the thread, Candiru Curio/Average has some silicone dildo-making videos on their blog~
Oh... am I supposed to put something witty here? Alright. Something witty. :stick:

Collection:
► Show Spoiler
christoffer199

Postby christoffer199 » Sat Dec 03, 2016 5:44 pm

Bumping this thread. Will follow this too.
Where To Buy Bags
► Show Spoiler

Discord
Kathulu'sbride

Postby Kathulu'sbride » Sat Dec 03, 2016 6:07 pm

Yeah absolutely subscribe to it! All are welcome as are their ideas! I saw the videos you are referring to and it was super helpful! Thank you for letting me know about them though!
The Size.....Princess
Wistala

Postby Wistala » Sat Dec 03, 2016 6:23 pm

Well. I don't think there are any lifecast toys from any of the big cats, yet.
But, there's a good reason for that, so probably not what you're looking for.

Probably the best bet, if you're artistic enough, is to make dildos similar to Meng. Basically silicone sculptures that can be displayed as art and/or used as sex toys. Other than Meng, I don't really know of anything like that on the market right now. Can make them in the forms of various animals both real and mythological.

I don't know much about the process, but I would also imagine you would benefit immensely from a 3d printer for making your molds. That way if you create the design on your computer, or if you maybe carve the sculptures out of wood or something else, first, and then 3d scan them, you can create multiple sizes with the exact same design.
Click this link to read my serial novel: Niara's Song
Leonidas Aquilas, an ex soldier, and Niara, a dragoness from the old world, find themselves as lovers and allies in a war against a terrifyingly powerful foe seeking to conquer their entire world.
Bad Dragon toys:
Janine - Reef Green - NSFW Review - Dragon Muzzle - Dark Natural
Elden - Blossom Pink - Medium 5 - Flared Chance - Yellow and Pink Marble - Medium 8 - Kelvin - Grey - Small 3
ImageImage
Kathulu'sbride

Postby Kathulu'sbride » Sat Dec 03, 2016 8:15 pm

Wistala wrote:Well. I don't think there are any lifecast toys from any of the big cats, yet.
But, there's a good reason for that, so probably not what you're looking for.

Probably the best bet, if you're artistic enough, is to make dildos similar to Meng. Basically silicone sculptures that can be displayed as art and/or used as sex toys. Other than Meng, I don't really know of anything like that on the market right now. Can make them in the forms of various animals both real and mythological.

I don't know much about the process, but I would also imagine you would benefit immensely from a 3d printer for making your molds. That way if you create the design on your computer, or if you maybe carve the sculptures out of wood or something else, first, and then 3d scan them, you can create multiple sizes with the exact same design.

I really like the idea of a multifunctional toy like that. I know that there is one other company, Cock Bender, that has a dragon similar to meng but (in my honest opinion) prettier.

I also like the idea of a 3D printer but at the moment that is semi-unrealistic. I'm going to have to start with the bare bones of the operation and than work up. If I make a model that people really like and want a full line up of, than I could consider if it's reasonable.
The Size.....Princess
Panzellie

Postby Panzellie » Sat Dec 03, 2016 9:09 pm

*slowly raises hand* I would not mind contributing artistic concepts and drawings to you if it is ever needed. I have a few ideas myself but would love to help someone design them.
I have traded with CometSuicide
Bought from Magenta, Memphs, Hereticblood, and Sirion
Sold to Mikeman4290, Keely, Nickooru, and Asteraphoenix x2
Kisa

Postby Kisa » Sat Dec 03, 2016 10:15 pm

I made a suggestion a whole back ago about a dragon egg butt plug, with a little dragon for sticking out of the egg for the base
Toys I own:
Lil Vibe (8) Crackers
Mini (5) Echo
Small (5) Ika
Medium (5) Echo
Medium (5) Roland
Wistala

Postby Wistala » Sun Dec 04, 2016 7:00 am

Kathulu'sbride wrote:I also like the idea of a 3D printer but at the moment that is semi-unrealistic. I'm going to have to start with the bare bones of the operation and than work up. If I make a model that people really like and want a full line up of, than I could consider if it's reasonable.

They've gotten a lot cheaper, now, actually, though I think for what you'd need you'd probably still have to get one that cost more than $1000.
Click this link to read my serial novel: Niara's Song
Leonidas Aquilas, an ex soldier, and Niara, a dragoness from the old world, find themselves as lovers and allies in a war against a terrifyingly powerful foe seeking to conquer their entire world.
Bad Dragon toys:
Janine - Reef Green - NSFW Review - Dragon Muzzle - Dark Natural
Elden - Blossom Pink - Medium 5 - Flared Chance - Yellow and Pink Marble - Medium 8 - Kelvin - Grey - Small 3
ImageImage
Kathulu'sbride

Postby Kathulu'sbride » Sun Dec 04, 2016 9:19 am

Wistala wrote:
Kathulu'sbride wrote:I also like the idea of a 3D printer but at the moment that is semi-unrealistic. I'm going to have to start with the bare bones of the operation and than work up. If I make a model that people really like and want a full line up of, than I could consider if it's reasonable.

They've gotten a lot cheaper, now, actually, though I think for what you'd need you'd probably still have to get one that cost more than $1000.

Yeah unfortunately it's not realistic for a little while because I also have to buy the equipment for degassing and from what I've seen those can be rather expensive as well
The Size.....Princess
Amaranthe

Postby Amaranthe » Sun Dec 04, 2016 9:54 am

I love this idea! I've been toying with the idea of making stress toys for myself and others on a very small scale (no 3-D printer needed). I did see that Barnes and Noble had a 3-D printer for sale for about 2-300$ meant for kids, so I looked into that brand. I found this one, which I thought could be really fun to mess around with. I'm not sure if it would work for toy making, but it has a built-in 3-D scanner so you can scan your sculpts and do multiple sizes: http://us.xyzprinting.com/us_en/Product ... sional3in1
It sells for 899$. I know exactly nothing about 3-D printers, though. My school does have a 3-D printer lab that anyone can play with, so I thought I might stop by next semester and ask about it. I'd be happy to report back here what info I gather! It won't be until after the new year, though. Semester's over for now!

As for silicone, I learned an absolute TON just going through the video library on Smooth-On's website. Popular pigments seem to be Pearl-X. That's what TnP uses! I also have been searching for mica powders for makeup, which has resulted in some pretty interesting finds! Also, I found pink and orange GITD powders that can be used with silicone, but they are VERY expensive and the glow time is short. Those are here: http://www.readysetglo.com/categories/G ... Invisible/

As for the idea of toys that don't look like toys (like Meng and the Cockbender Dragon), I love this idea! There's a German company that makes veggies and mushrooms, and Primal Hardwere has Pedro the Cactus.

Also keep an eye on Blue Ritual's tumblr and this one: http://ashesthekinky.tumblr.com/post/15 ... maybe-help
Blue Ritual used to have a how-to, and their tumblr says they plan to rewrite it. The other blog I linked said they would like to write up a how-to as well.

:misc3: :widesmile:
Kathulu'sbride

Postby Kathulu'sbride » Sun Dec 04, 2016 10:48 am

Thank you so much for letting me know about your pigment search results! I really hope to eventually have a lineup of rainbow gitd pigments.
The Size.....Princess
Amaranthe

Postby Amaranthe » Sun Dec 04, 2016 11:06 am

No problem! I was surprised by the range of GITD colors they had on that website. I think it would be really interesting to try marbling a few different GITD colors together and watching each color fade out over the course of several hours, since they have different glow times. I think the Day Neon line they have with the pink and green would be a really snazzy toy! Oooh imagine fading one Day Neon color into another, like yellow into green or pink into purple! :smile:
Kathulu'sbride

Postby Kathulu'sbride » Sun Dec 04, 2016 1:48 pm

Amaranthe wrote:No problem! I was surprised by the range of GITD colors they had on that website. I think it would be really interesting to try marbling a few different GITD colors together and watching each color fade out over the course of several hours, since they have different glow times. I think the Day Neon line they have with the pink and green would be a really snazzy toy! Oooh imagine fading one Day Neon color into another, like yellow into green or pink into purple! :smile:

This is a really awesome idea! Would it be alright if I screenshoted this and tried this idea out when I begin this process?
The Size.....Princess
Amaranthe

Postby Amaranthe » Sun Dec 04, 2016 1:52 pm

Kathulu'sbride wrote:
Amaranthe wrote:No problem! I was surprised by the range of GITD colors they had on that website. I think it would be really interesting to try marbling a few different GITD colors together and watching each color fade out over the course of several hours, since they have different glow times. I think the Day Neon line they have with the pink and green would be a really snazzy toy! Oooh imagine fading one Day Neon color into another, like yellow into green or pink into purple! :smile:

This is a really awesome idea! Would it be alright if I screenshoted this and tried this idea out when I begin this process?

Sure! I know you can't mix GITD pigments to get other colors, but it might look interesting where they mingle.
Keely

Postby Keely » Sun Dec 04, 2016 7:03 pm

HUMAN TOYS THAT ARE SQUISHY

seriously there's a huge dearth of human or humanesque toys that are squishy and not ridiculously sized. Like most of the human toys on the market from the big makers are either short and girthy (pearce, UF, EE halfling) ridiculously huge (DA [edit] Troll) are lifecasts (squicky) or are conventional companies and therefore use firmer silicones. The only ones I can think of atm are DA's orc and TnP nerid (neither of which are currently available).

another one would be short and fat horsey toys. BD used to have stubbs but that came in one size (mega huge) and was discontinued years ago now. but I've not really seen any other companies jump on the idea of a horse toy that a vagina can use more than half of.

the last one is kinda my personal preference but: spade-shaped heads. the lelo ella and other toys that are shaped like that do wonderful things for my g-spot. but it seems like every fantasy toy that is aimed at g-spot stim is either a rounded head (like crackers) or is weirdly pointed (like humpbreak)
Last edited by Keely on Sun Dec 04, 2016 7:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My Toybox23/Genderfluid/TakenUSAFor Sale
T4Draf

Postby T4Draf » Sun Dec 04, 2016 7:09 pm

Keely wrote:HUMAN TOYS THAT ARE SQUISHY

seriously there's a huge dearth of human or humanesque toys that are squishy and not ridiculously sized. Like most of the human toys on the market from the big makers are either short and girthy (pearce, UF, EE halfling) ridiculously huge (DA ogre) are lifecasts (squicky) or are conventional companies and therefore use firmer silicones. The only ones I can think of atm are DA's orc and TnP nerid (neither of which are currently available).

this. and most packers are all weird materials.. wanted the floppy ones from idk fleslight? but what are they even made from???
(I havent seen an ogre from DA?? do you mean gespents?)
Kisa

Postby Kisa » Sun Dec 04, 2016 7:18 pm

seriously there's a huge dearth of human or humanesque toys that are squishy and not ridiculously sized. Like most of the human toys on the market from the big makers are either short and girthy (pearce, UF, EE halfling) ridiculously huge (DA ogre) are lifecasts (squicky) or are conventional companies and therefore use firmer silicones. The only ones I can think of atm are DA's orc and TnP nerid (neither of which are currently available).

another one would be short and fat horsey toys. BD used to have stubbs but that came in one size (mega huge) and was discontinued years ago now. but I've not really seen any other companies jump on the idea of a horse toy that a vagina can use more than half of.

the last one is kinda my personal preference but: spade-shaped heads. the lelo ella and other toys that are shaped like that do wonderful things for my g-spot. but it seems like every fantasy toy that is aimed at g-spot stim is either a rounded head (like crackers) or is weirdly pointed (like humpbreak)

You might like the packers from the New York Toy Collective. They have human-like squishy toys made from squishy silicone. They even have an uncircumcised model, and a stand to pee model.
Toys I own:
Lil Vibe (8) Crackers
Mini (5) Echo
Small (5) Ika
Medium (5) Echo
Medium (5) Roland
marshmarshmarsh

Postby marshmarshmarsh » Sun Dec 04, 2016 7:20 pm

T4Draf wrote:

this. and most packers are all weird materials.. wanted the floppy ones from idk fleslight? but what are they even made from???

i think keely means damn average's troll?

packers tend to be made of porous cyberskin outside of new york toy collective, sinthetics, and vixskin's mr right. (not including packnplays here) i'm still waiting for a silicone packer to be made with an average-sized flaccid penis size and scrotum length (pierre is a touch too long on the penis and would make me selfconscious). and please PLEASE uncircumcised versions. please.

keely, what about new york toy collective's shilo or carter? or vixskin's buck? how would you improve those?
seeking: Jollies Jollie
selling: Bazel, Pyxis. PM if interested!
Keely

Postby Keely » Sun Dec 04, 2016 7:23 pm

T4Draf wrote:

oops! I meant the Troll!

and yeah BD makes a few "packers" but none of them are actually functional as packers, they make you look like you have a softball stuffed down your pants. There's also the Vixen Creations Mr. Right silicone packer but that one is pretty darn big (at least for me at 5'4). There's a couple ones (including an uncut one!) from the New York Toy Collective but I can't speak to them as I've never worn/handled one

and the fleshlight ones are made of the same material as fleshlights are a proprietary elastomer called "sex flesh"
My Toybox23/Genderfluid/TakenUSAFor Sale

Return to “General Discussion”