Thickest part of the shaft?

Discuss anything related to Bad Dragon here!
User avatar
KinkyVampire69
Posts: 147
Joined: Sat Feb 20, 2016 1:10 am
Gender: Female

Thickest part of the shaft?

Postby KinkyVampire69 » Mon Dec 12, 2016 9:43 pm

Hi, so I noticed that Bad Dragon doesn't include measurements for the thickest part of certain toys and it's throwing off my ability to buy anymore in the future, because if those parts are too thick I can't use them (I am a small person and just prefer not to stretch myself out). For example it says that the circumference of a mini Echo is 4.75, but the swell at the top is actually 5.25 inches. I'm sure no one else wants to end up wasting money on something they can't use, so I thought I would start a thread for people to share those measurements if they wanted.


In that case, does anyone have a mini Sleipnir, small dragon's tongue, or (eventually) a mini Blaze?

Any help would be great~ :widesmile:
Be careful, I bite.. :misc2: :smile:


► Show Spoiler
User avatar
Rainbow Dasher
Posts: 10491
Joined: Fri Feb 13, 2015 4:25 pm
Gender: Female
Location: Australia

Re: Thickest part of the shaft?

Postby Rainbow Dasher » Mon Dec 12, 2016 9:59 pm

We've had attempts at threads like this many, many times, but they've always died out rather quickly. It would help if we could get it stickied, at the top of the forums. It also doesn't help that we'd need someone to document every size of every model and we just don't have enough willing people.

One thing I really don't like is how some toys are as much as 3" off in circumference. My large Sleipnir, for example, is over 12" at the largest point; the website says he's 10". My large Ridgeback is a hair over 10" circ at the widest point, but the website lists it at 7-something, which is disgustingly far off.

I can help with a few, if I can find old photos and what not. I'll put them in here if I can find em.
Pansexual|Married|Writer|Artist|Foodie|Pegasister|Spiritual|Crafter|Blogger|Adrenaline Junkie|Furry| Owns a lot of fucking dicks.
User avatar
KinkyVampire69
Posts: 147
Joined: Sat Feb 20, 2016 1:10 am
Gender: Female

Re: Thickest part of the shaft?

Postby KinkyVampire69 » Tue Dec 13, 2016 11:57 am

Well, that's dissapointing.. And you're right, the accuracy in their measurements are pretty bad. Oh well, atleast I tried

If you are able to help that would still be great, so thank you~
Be careful, I bite.. :misc2: :smile:


► Show Spoiler
User avatar
Squirrelmunk
Posts: 465
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2016 3:10 am
Gender: male

Re: Thickest part of the shaft?

Postby Squirrelmunk » Tue Dec 13, 2016 7:55 pm

I don't have any measurements to add. (Currently my only BD toy is a Dragon Muzzle, whose maximum circumference no one cares about.) I just want to chime in to agree that this thread should be stickied.

Or BD could update their measurement charts to include max circumference. But that's not going to happen, so let's just get this thread stickied.

Maybe we could make a google docs spreadsheet listing each model's max circumference. And while we're at it, how about measurements for shaft length before the knot? That would be incredibly helpful, too.
I have a blog, which includes a list of fantasy toy makers.
User avatar
KinkyVampire69
Posts: 147
Joined: Sat Feb 20, 2016 1:10 am
Gender: Female

Re: Thickest part of the shaft?

Postby KinkyVampire69 » Tue Dec 13, 2016 9:59 pm

Squirrelmunk wrote:I don't have any measurements to add. (Currently my only BD toy is a Dragon Muzzle, whose maximum circumference no one cares about.) I just want to chime in to agree that this thread should be stickied.

Or BD could update their measurement charts to include max circumference. But that's not going to happen, so let's just get this thread stickied.

Maybe we could make a google docs spreadsheet listing each model's max circumference. And while we're at it, how about measurements for shaft length before the knot? That would be incredibly helpful, too.


Yeah, those are actually good ideas too. Also i'm assuming an admin would have to do this for us? If so, there's probably little chance to that :eyeroll:
Be careful, I bite.. :misc2: :smile:


► Show Spoiler
User avatar
Giyri
Posts: 56
Joined: Mon May 16, 2016 3:40 pm
Gender: Male

Re: Thickest part of the shaft?

Postby Giyri » Wed Dec 14, 2016 12:32 am

I have a small dragon tongue. Measuring the bottom (thickest) part of it now, I'm getting 5.5", just slightly more than the reported 5.25". 2" diameter looks accurate.
User avatar
Amaranthe
Posts: 2466
Joined: Mon Aug 10, 2015 1:10 pm
Gender: Female

Re: Thickest part of the shaft?

Postby Amaranthe » Wed Dec 14, 2016 4:10 pm

There is a Google spreadsheet floating around that compares firmnesses between companies, so I bet a more in-depth/accurate measurement one would be a good project! I didn't know that Echo's measurements were off. It was a thread like this one that saved me from ending up with a Sleipnir that was far too big as well! Oooh, we got the gallery thread stickied. I wonder if we asked an admin if we could create one to sticky, maybe with pictures showing the measurements, like I've seen posted? With the measuring tape wrapped around, or maybe something like what New Folklore does, or just some indication of where on the toy you took the measurement? I'd be happy to take measurements/photos of all of my toys to add. I've only got a few, but it could be helpful to someone!
Kisa
Posts: 875
Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2016 8:24 am
Gender: Female

Re: Thickest part of the shaft?

Postby Kisa » Wed Dec 14, 2016 7:48 pm

I measured the shaft base of my small Sleipnir for someone on the forums, and got 7.5" in circumference. Kind of makes me wish I had a mirror to watch that stretch happen when I use him.

Maybe I measured for the above poster. Small world
Toys I own:
Lil Vibe (8) Crackers
Mini (5) Echo
Small (5) Ika
Medium (5) Echo
Medium (5) Roland
User avatar
someguy28
Posts: 73
Joined: Mon Oct 05, 2015 9:44 pm
Gender: Male

Re: Thickest part of the shaft?

Postby someguy28 » Wed Dec 14, 2016 8:51 pm

I have a mini Sleipnir and his thickest part, near the base of the shaft, is about 1.75 x 1.55 inches, or roughly 5.5 inches in circumference.
User avatar
Idra
Posts: 1168
Joined: Sat Jul 30, 2016 1:15 am
Gender: Genderqueer
Location: Klatch

Re: Thickest part of the shaft?

Postby Idra » Wed Dec 14, 2016 11:52 pm

I took a few of these pictures! I prefer seeing pictures so you can see exactly how/where someone is measuring. Both of these are onesizes :) First up, Meng! Usable length 6", thickest part about 6.75". Meng's shaft is listed on BD's page as 5.5", so this is a seriously bigger toy than you might imagine!
IMG_20161111_032843.jpg

IMG_20161111_033014.jpg

And next, Mountain Drake! Distance to bottom of knot 5", usable length 6", thickest part 7.5".

IMG_20161111_033145.jpg

IMG_20161111_033217.jpg
// idra // lesbian //
-----------------------
Owned: See Profile
User avatar
vixenvega
Posts: 1833
Joined: Sat Feb 27, 2016 8:04 am

Re: Thickest part of the shaft?

Postby vixenvega » Thu Dec 15, 2016 6:25 am

I have a bunch for you!
Under spoiler because they're big images.

► Show Spoiler
User avatar
vixenvega
Posts: 1833
Joined: Sat Feb 27, 2016 8:04 am

Re: Thickest part of the shaft?

Postby vixenvega » Thu Dec 15, 2016 6:27 am

Few more!
► Show Spoiler

I have a bunch of toys on the way, I'll add those here when I get them.
User avatar
Laz
Posts: 451
Joined: Thu Nov 12, 2015 5:43 pm
Gender: Nonbinary

Re: Thickest part of the shaft?

Postby Laz » Thu Dec 15, 2016 10:12 am

vixenvega wrote:Few more!
► Show Spoiler

I have a bunch of toys on the way, I'll add those here when I get them.


Thanks! That's going to be really useful for some people, I bet.
Your polyamorous dragon pal! Memory like a leaky sieve! :mystery:
User avatar
vixenvega
Posts: 1833
Joined: Sat Feb 27, 2016 8:04 am

Re: Thickest part of the shaft?

Postby vixenvega » Fri Dec 16, 2016 8:20 am

Laz wrote:
vixenvega wrote:Few more!
► Show Spoiler

I have a bunch of toys on the way, I'll add those here when I get them.


Thanks! That's going to be really useful for some people, I bet.

Sure!
I hope so, it's really bad that some of these measurements are an inch or more off. Large Nox is off by 2"! That's a lot and can make a toy totally unusable.
I think they should do them all like Pretzal. His are off too, but at least there's a "Thickest Part of Shaft" entry.
User avatar
Rainbow Dasher
Posts: 10491
Joined: Fri Feb 13, 2015 4:25 pm
Gender: Female
Location: Australia

Re: Thickest part of the shaft?

Postby Rainbow Dasher » Fri Dec 16, 2016 1:59 pm

I like the sizing charts EE has on their site; BD should do similar charts, measuring tip/head, upper shaft, mid-way down, and the very bottom.

Has anyone PMed Dasa, to see if he wouldn't mind making a sticky of this? it might inspire more folks to step up and add measures.
Pansexual|Married|Writer|Artist|Foodie|Pegasister|Spiritual|Crafter|Blogger|Adrenaline Junkie|Furry| Owns a lot of fucking dicks.
User avatar
Amaranthe
Posts: 2466
Joined: Mon Aug 10, 2015 1:10 pm
Gender: Female

Re: Thickest part of the shaft?

Postby Amaranthe » Sun Dec 18, 2016 11:13 am

I'm going to me measuring my toys today! I'll post pics as soon as I get it done. I thought of collecting the pictures and putting them into a photo set kind of like for the gallery thread. Would anyone object to me nipping your pics for that? I'm not sure I can take on the whole project myself, but I wouldn't mind getting it started. I can message Dasa about it as well. Maybe we could even see about getting the measurements on the page updated for those that don't use the forums.
User avatar
vixenvega
Posts: 1833
Joined: Sat Feb 27, 2016 8:04 am

Re: Thickest part of the shaft?

Postby vixenvega » Sun Dec 18, 2016 11:17 am

Amaranthe wrote:I'm going to me measuring my toys today! I'll post pics as soon as I get it done. I thought of collecting the pictures and putting them into a photo set kind of like for the gallery thread. Would anyone object to me nipping your pics for that? I'm not sure I can take on the whole project myself, but I wouldn't mind getting it started. I can message Dasa about it as well. Maybe we could even see about getting the measurements on the page updated for those that don't use the forums.

You can have mine.
I'll be adding a small and large Flint, large Pearce, large Stan, XL Apollo, and Xl Fenrir in a few days.
User avatar
Amaranthe
Posts: 2466
Joined: Mon Aug 10, 2015 1:10 pm
Gender: Female

Re: Thickest part of the shaft?

Postby Amaranthe » Sun Dec 18, 2016 11:19 am

vixenvega wrote:
Amaranthe wrote:I'm going to me measuring my toys today! I'll post pics as soon as I get it done. I thought of collecting the pictures and putting them into a photo set kind of like for the gallery thread. Would anyone object to me nipping your pics for that? I'm not sure I can take on the whole project myself, but I wouldn't mind getting it started. I can message Dasa about it as well. Maybe we could even see about getting the measurements on the page updated for those that don't use the forums.

You can have mine.
I'll be adding a small and large Flint, large Pearce, large Stan, XL Apollo, and Xl Fenrir in a few days.

Thanks!

Also the measurements for Small Trent and Small Terra are accurate. I can still post pics or measure different parts of the shafts if anyone needs that.

Edit: I messaged Dasa to ask about getting this stickied! :smilenox:
User avatar
Fae Fantase
Posts: 3805
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 5:29 pm
Gender: Female/20's/love for all genders

Re: Thickest part of the shaft?

Postby Fae Fantase » Sun Dec 18, 2016 5:18 pm

Amaranthe wrote:Also the measurements for Small Trent and Small Terra are accurate. I can still post pics or measure different parts of the shafts if anyone needs that.

Edit: I messaged Dasa to ask about getting this stickied! :smilenox:

Thanks for posting! Great to hear as someone considering small Terra someday :smilenox:.
I've sold toys to over 17 different homes.
User avatar
Amaranthe
Posts: 2466
Joined: Mon Aug 10, 2015 1:10 pm
Gender: Female

Re: Thickest part of the shaft?

Postby Amaranthe » Sun Dec 18, 2016 5:35 pm

lovelyscales wrote:
Amaranthe wrote:Also the measurements for Small Trent and Small Terra are accurate. I can still post pics or measure different parts of the shafts if anyone needs that.

Edit: I messaged Dasa to ask about getting this stickied! :smilenox:

Thanks for posting! Great to hear as someone considering small Terra someday :smilenox:.

You're welcome. I definitely recommend Terra!

Return to “General Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 19 guests