Thickest part of the shaft?

Discuss anything related to Bad Dragon here!
gooedneighbor

Re: Thickest part of the shaft?

Postby gooedneighbor » Sat Jan 07, 2017 10:33 pm

KinkyVampire69 wrote:Anybody have a mini blaze yet~? So far the other toys on my wishlist are bust. I'm so glad my thread is helping people!

I already posted measurements with pics earlier in the thread: link

If you need something other than length or max girth I can do so.
fluffy master

Postby fluffy master » Sun Jan 08, 2017 4:50 pm

I would be interested in the measurements for a med Slepnir.
Kisa

Postby Kisa » Sun Jan 08, 2017 5:13 pm

I'm just going to post pics of the quick measurements I've done. After measuring my small Sleipnir again, I see he's a little under 7.5", but he's still just alittle wider than the knot on my medium Roland.

Pics in spoiler. Sorry that some of the pictures got turned around, I'm not sure what happened there.

Toys from top to bottom in the spoiler: Lil'Vibe Crackers, mini Echo, medium Echo, medium Roland, small Sleipnir

► Show Spoiler
Last edited by Kisa on Sun Jan 08, 2017 6:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Toys I own:
Lil Vibe (8) Crackers
Mini (5) Echo
Small (5) Ika
Medium (5) Echo
Medium (5) Roland
Idra

Postby Idra » Sun Jan 08, 2017 6:42 pm

Luxx wrote:Yeah, all of this is true. Even if BD shrugs off responsibility for people pushing themselves past their limits with toys (which they shouldn't, ethically), they're obliged to give accurate information for an expensive product when size differences can be a matter of $30 between say a small and a medium. It's definitely $30 between a medium and large Blaze like this example. With that in mind, misrepresentation of toys as smaller than they are, which seems to be mostly if not always the case here, seems like it has financial benefits, whether intentional or not.

Most people don't measure their toys, I don't think. Most people, especially people new to toying, can't easily interpret a toy compared to a generic can either, though it's more helpful than nonsensical "average" measurements. Plenty of sex toy companies can't measure beyond Bad Dragon, but it's not usually a consistent policy.

I can see where if someone is torn between two sizes, making the bigger sizes seem smaller could lead someone to purchase the bigger of the two and benefit BD in the short term.

For me, though... for example, Small Sleip is listed as 6.5" when it's really more like 7.25". At the time I bought Sleip, I generally preferred my toys to be 7.25"-7.75". That meant no Sleips were the right size for me. If BD had represented their product accurately, I would have bought Sleip much earlier than I did. I found out from the forums, BC I was complaining about Sleip not being in my range and someone volunteered the information. How many people are there like me who are not on the forums, and who didn't purchase at all because BD didn't provide accurate measurements?

Like I said, there are people who might opt for the larger size if they fall between two, and end up spending more for something they can't use. But I'm sure there's also people like me, so it's completely nonsensical to me for BD to give misleading measurements. How does it make sense for BD to BOTH anger customers who spent more for a toy that's too big AND lose sales by giving the impression that the toys are too small when they actually aren't?

I also agree that most people don't measure their toys unless something seems really off. I didn't measure until others asked, personally. I ordered Meng as a Small Toy in my first order, after reading that it was 5.5". My most used toy was a 4.75" ABS plastic vibe so I didn't think it would be unmanageable. When Meng showed up & looked big, I figured -- well, it is bigger than my vibe. Lo and behold, it's actually 6.75" at the base. Over an INCH bigger! And... I'd just shoved it in. Luckily for me, I actually could take 6.75", but... Meng was useless as a Small Toy AND if I hadn't been able to take 6.75", I could easily have hurt myself. Is that my fault for using Meng without measuring? Maybe. But BD needs to let people know, too.

Sorry for the wall o' text again everyone :doh: I never get less long-winded, it seems...
// idra // lesbian //
-----------------------
Owned: See Profile
Luxx

Postby Luxx » Sun Jan 08, 2017 8:02 pm

Idra wrote:I can see where if someone is torn between two sizes, making the bigger sizes seem smaller could lead someone to purchase the bigger of the two and benefit BD in the short term.

For me, though... for example, Small Sleip is listed as 6.5" when it's really more like 7.25". At the time I bought Sleip, I generally preferred my toys to be 7.25"-7.75". That meant no Sleips were the right size for me. If BD had represented their product accurately, I would have bought Sleip much earlier than I did. I found out from the forums, BC I was complaining about Sleip not being in my range and someone volunteered the information. How many people are there like me who are not on the forums, and who didn't purchase at all because BD didn't provide accurate measurements?

Like I said, there are people who might opt for the larger size if they fall between two, and end up spending more for something they can't use. But I'm sure there's also people like me, so it's completely nonsensical to me for BD to give misleading measurements. How does it make sense for BD to BOTH anger customers who spent more for a toy that's too big AND lose sales by giving the impression that the toys are too small when they actually aren't?

I also agree that most people don't measure their toys unless something seems really off. I didn't measure until others asked, personally. I ordered Meng as a Small Toy in my first order, after reading that it was 5.5". My most used toy was a 4.75" ABS plastic vibe so I didn't think it would be unmanageable. When Meng showed up & looked big, I figured -- well, it is bigger than my vibe. Lo and behold, it's actually 6.75" at the base. Over an INCH bigger! And... I'd just shoved it in. Luckily for me, I actually could take 6.75", but... Meng was useless as a Small Toy AND if I hadn't been able to take 6.75", I could easily have hurt myself. Is that my fault for using Meng without measuring? Maybe. But BD needs to let people know, too.

Sorry for the wall o' text again everyone :doh: I never get less long-winded, it seems...

Oh, yes, of course, I agree that it's a weird and nonsensical decision when you think about it for more than a second, sorry. I mean, I also have a lot of friends who prefer more average sized toys who will not shop here at all because they know they can't trust the measurements, and even a mini can turn out to be bigger than advertised. I wasn't meaning to actually suggest it's a business decision, more a bit of weirdness that could result in selling more large and more expensive toys coincidentally.
Idra

Postby Idra » Sun Jan 08, 2017 8:48 pm

Luxx wrote:Oh, yes, of course, I agree that it's a weird and nonsensical decision when you think about it for more than a second, sorry. I mean, I also have a lot of friends who prefer more average sized toys who will not shop here at all because they know they can't trust the measurements, and even a mini can turn out to be bigger than advertised. I wasn't meaning to actually suggest it's a business decision, more a bit of weirdness that could result in selling more large and more expensive toys coincidentally.

Oh, no worries -- I did think you were saying it was a business decision and I was like, "I could see it, but if that's what they were trying, I don't think it's a very GOOD business decision..."

But I get what you're saying now. I think you're right, it does seem to result in people buying bigger toys than they wanted/had anticipated a lot. Probably because a lot of models have a taper, and BD never really takes the taper into account. It's just kinda like... do better, BD xD
// idra // lesbian //
-----------------------
Owned: See Profile
Grimly Fiendish

Postby Grimly Fiendish » Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:20 am

According to BD, the shaft of a medium Flint and the knot of a large Ridley are both 3 inches in diameter.

But the circumference of Flint is listed as 9 inches, while the circumference of Ridley is 9.75. Huh???

Can anybody compare the largest dimensions of those two?
QueenCheetah93

Postby QueenCheetah93 » Sun Jan 15, 2017 11:16 pm

Does anyone have a small or medium Fenrir and could give me an accurate measurement of the knots? The medium has a circumference of 7 inches it says, which is at the very top of my limit. So if it's any more than that I'll have to go with a small.
My Current Collection!
► Show Spoiler

Twin Tail Creations/Damn Average
-Dante the Anubite
-Krampuskitzler
Fae Fantase

Postby Fae Fantase » Mon Jan 16, 2017 1:42 am

QueenCheetah93 wrote:Does anyone have a small or medium Fenrir and could give me an accurate measurement of the knots? The medium has a circumference of 7 inches it says, which is at the very top of my limit. So if it's any more than that I'll have to go with a small.

I have both now so here's the measurements :smilenox: Medium Fenrir largest knot circumference 7". Small Fenrir 6".
I've sold toys to over 17 different homes.
QueenCheetah93

Postby QueenCheetah93 » Mon Jan 16, 2017 8:19 am

lovelyscales wrote:
QueenCheetah93 wrote:Does anyone have a small or medium Fenrir and could give me an accurate measurement of the knots? The medium has a circumference of 7 inches it says, which is at the very top of my limit. So if it's any more than that I'll have to go with a small.

I have both now so here's the measurements :smilenox: Medium Fenrir largest knot circumference 7". Small Fenrir 6".

That's perfect! Thanks so much for doing that.
My Current Collection!
► Show Spoiler

Twin Tail Creations/Damn Average
-Dante the Anubite
-Krampuskitzler
Balogh

Postby Balogh » Fri Jan 27, 2017 1:18 am

Bringing this thread back up because it's so useful... anyone have accurate measurements for Medium Blaze, Pearce, and Apollo? I've seen a few Blazes get posted, but not a medium that I sported.

I'm not seeing a ton of options in the 7.5" - 8" maximum circumference range that are on the shorter end of length, unfortunately.
fluffy master

Postby fluffy master » Fri Jan 27, 2017 8:50 am

fluffy master wrote:I would be interested in the measurements for a med Slepnir.

Still looking :dukeretro:
Ixick

Postby Ixick » Mon Jan 30, 2017 4:53 pm

This is explaining why I had trouble with some of my toys :bugeyed: Seeing the real measurements on toys that I own is making me understand why I struggle with them. I like all of my toys a lot and don't mind them being a bit too big, but this could seriously hurt someone :sniffing: Now I'm worried about the medium Ridley that is coming in and if the size will be too much for me.

Guess I'll be ordering a size smaller than what I think I can take from now on. Definitely puts the bleeding into perspective on some toys!

Has anyone contacted CS about this?
Rainbow Dasher

Postby Rainbow Dasher » Mon Jan 30, 2017 5:33 pm

Ixick wrote:
Has anyone contacted CS about this?

Once.

It was when I was deciding about buying a large Ridgeback. The site lists the large as 7.75" on the shaft. He's actually a hair over 10" at the widest point. That is a huge discrepancy. I contacted CS, asking if the measurements were correct. They were adamant they were. I then told them (and linked them) to the post on the forums where another member had posted photos of the toy in question with a measuring tape wrapped around the widest part. They *still* assured me the shaft was 7.75" and then closed the ticket.

They should, at the very least let customers know that their measurements are taken mid-shaft rather than the widest point. I guess even that is too much work. They really need to do size charts like EE: For many of EE's toys they have the tip, head, upper shaft, mid-shaft, lower shaft (or knot) measures on most of their toys. It's extremely helpful. With BD, you can't depend on their site and have to come to the forums and ask for other people to do measurements for you. Not everyone knows to do that especially not the newer folks, which has landed some people in trouble.

Heck, their incorrect measures on a few models have gotten me into trouble, too, when I was first starting to buy.
Pansexual|Married|Writer|Artist|Foodie|Pegasister|Spiritual|Crafter|Blogger|Adrenaline Junkie|Furry| Owns a lot of fucking dicks.
KinkyVampire69

Postby KinkyVampire69 » Mon Jan 30, 2017 11:13 pm

Hey. I know these measurements might actually be accruate but I just want to make sure.. What does the thickest part of a mini Clayton measure up to?

Oh, and the knot on mini Austin? Still contemplating on that one also because im worried I may not get alot from the shaft itself.
Be careful, I bite.. :misc2: :smile:

► Show Spoiler
Squirrelmunk

Postby Squirrelmunk » Tue Jan 31, 2017 2:14 am

It seems to me that knot measurements tend to be accurate, since there's pretty much only one place to measure a knot.

Is this correct or am I mistaken? Can anyone point to an example where BD's knot measurement is significantly off?
I have a blog, which includes a list of fantasy toy makers.
Raven

Postby Raven » Tue Jan 31, 2017 6:18 pm

Contributing with some measurements:

Fenrir: Medium
Usable Length up to bottom of knot: 4.72 inch / 12 cm
Usable Length: 5.24 inch / 13.3 cm
Circumference of head: 4.33 inch / 11 cm
Circumference of shaft: 4.92 inch / 12.5 cm
Circumference of knot: 6.89 inch / 17.5 cm

Meng
Usable Length: 5.9 inch / 15 cm
Circumference of head: 4.92 inch / 12.5 cm
Circumference around paws: 5.59 inch / 14.2 cm
Largest usable circumference: 6.97 inch / 17.7 cm

Mountain Drake
Usable Length up to bottom of knot: 4.92 inch / 12.5 cm
Usable Length: 5.9 inch / 15 cm
Circumference of head: 5.24 inch / 13.3 cm
Circumference of shaft: 6.46 inch / 16.4 cm
Circumference of knot: 7.48 inch / 19 cm

Nova: Small
Usable Length up to bottom of knot: 5.12 inch / 13 cm
Usable Length: 5.59 inch / 14.2 cm
Circumference of head: 4.72 inch / 12 cm
Circumference of shaft: 5.35 inch / 13.6 cm
Circumference of knot: 6.5 inch / 16.5 cm

Tentacle: Medium
Usable Length: 6.69 inch / 17 cm
Circumference of head: 3.54 inch / 9 cm
Circumference around long sucker: 6.1 inch / 15.5 cm
Largest usable circumference: 8.27 inch / 21 cm

If somebody needs additional measurements, just let me know

I'm also considering starting a Google Sheet but I worry it might be an overwhelming amount of work...we will see
Female, My toys: (all in soft, details under Spoiler)
Fenrir M, Flint m, Meng O, Mountain Drake O, Nova S, Nox S, Pretzal S, Stan m, Tentacle M
► Show Spoiler
gooedneighbor

Postby gooedneighbor » Thu Feb 02, 2017 8:41 pm

Mini Stan, as requested in another thread.

Circ. at widest part of shaft: 6"
Circ. of Head: 5 3/8"
Usable Length: 4 1/2"

In other words, basically identical to BD's measurements.

Pics under spoiler.
► Show Spoiler
Twili

Postby Twili » Fri Feb 03, 2017 8:12 pm

KinkyVampire69 wrote:Hey. I know these measurements might actually be accruate but I just want to make sure.. What does the thickest part of a mini Clayton measure up to?

Oh, and the knot on mini Austin? Still contemplating on that one also because im worried I may not get alot from the shaft itself.

Hi! Not replying to THIS, but I wanted you to see, so I'm quoting, haha. If Raven doesn't mind, what if we linked their Google Sheet from another thread in the first post on this topic?

I know it would be great if we could get this topic stickied too, but having it all in one place can help - I just discovered the forums' bookmark option, at least! And, as I said in the other topic, I can at least speak for myself that I want to contribute measurements from my collection as well, so I'm going to try and do that this weekend. ^^
Collection :D
► Show Spoiler

Wishlist II: The Return
► Show Spoiler
Fae Fantase

Postby Fae Fantase » Sat Feb 04, 2017 2:44 am

Doing measurements in a way I was surprised to see small Nocturne's bigger than listed. In retrospect it makes sense why I couldn't utilize it all like I can with toys that are actually 6" long or a hair shy of it. Here's the measurements I got for Nocturne. Largest shaft circumference 5 1/2". Useable Length 7". Knot circumference 6 2/3".

I too noticed F-B's Small Croxic measurements are a tad off. The shaft bulge circumference measured at 6 1/2" instead of the listed 6". Again explains why I've had so much trouble with this toy too.
I've sold toys to over 17 different homes.

Return to “General Discussion”