Dildos: Fantasy vs. Reality

Discuss anything related to Bad Dragon here!
Harbenz

Re: Dildos: Fantasy vs. Reality

Postby Harbenz » Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:36 am

Tempest wrote:It's also kind of nice to see my own post from a year ago and to reflect on how the market has changed - Mr. Hankey has burst on to the scene with large realistic silicone dicks (at very reasonable prices, too)! Boss Hogg is my new boyfriend :laugh: and El Rey is hands down the sexiest toy on the market... a pity he's long and thin and I'm only into girth, haha.

I rebember when I found Mr Hankey half a year and a half ago they barely had half a dozen of hand sculpted models, it has grown very fast. I see as general opinion here that El Rey is the most pretty model, but I like more Big Daddy or, if uncut, Chode... even Goliat, but is so damn huge. But I don't know if I like them more as toy or as sculpture... I guess I couldn't be a jury in a penis contest LOL
KnotyDes wrote:I have always looked more at the size and shape of the toy. Same goes for fantasy toys really, I largely just enjoy all the interesting shapes, textures and of course size. I'm more into experimenting with what feels good and huge toys. :widesmile: That's always been a constant for me.

Same, realism (or aesthetic) for me is a plus, but I would never buy a toy just because of its appearance if I doubt it works with me. Some even don't appeal to me but if looks interesting...
Resistance is futile.
► Show Spoiler
Hoofs_N_Horns

Postby Hoofs_N_Horns » Fri Feb 02, 2018 3:34 pm

Guess I'm a bit of a misfit here, as I don't especially like human dildos but I love the real thing :liplick:.

Like I just figure a human dildo isn't anywhere near as good as the real thing no matter how realistic it is, so why bother... And I don't only want to please myself, I want to see the look on my lover's face when I am touching them and whatnot and feel the arousal and experience all that comes with that. Dildos don't exactly provide that experience...

I would rather have my dildos in unique shapes and colors for creatures and monsters that don't exist.
Last edited by Hoofs_N_Horns on Sat Feb 03, 2018 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Penetrables comparison: here
Tempest

Postby Tempest » Fri Feb 02, 2018 5:12 pm

KnotyDes wrote:
Tempest wrote:El Rey is hands down the sexiest toy on the market... a pity he's long and thin and I'm only into girth, haha.

you realized that you just called a toy that get to 3.5" thick thin right? :laugh: I mean i can do the same, but i still really want one.

Ahhhh yeah I did that :stick:

I guess it's sort of relative for me, he's still plenty fat in the larger sizes but I think of it more as girth relative to length. Since I'm not really interested in going past 9" deep, that's somewhat limiting for me. That said, I am still tempted...
Full collection and wish list in profile!
Current faves: L/5 Flint, Boss Hogg XXL
Dick fund status: depleted
lizardbreath

Postby lizardbreath » Fri Feb 02, 2018 5:16 pm

Hoofs_N_Horns wrote:Guess I'm a bit of a misfit here, as I don't especially like human dildos but I love the real thing :liplick:.

Like I just figure a human dildo isn't anywhere near as good as the real thing no matter how realistic it is, so why bother... And I don't only want to please myself, I want to see the look on my lover's face when I am touching him and whatnot and feel the arousal and experience all that comes with that. Dildos don't exactly provide that experience...

I would rather have my dildos in unique shapes and colors for creatures and monsters that don't exist.

ding ding ding ding!

that!!!
You can have my caffeine when you pry it from my cold dead hands. And possibly not even then.
Pretzal queen!!
pls contact me if you saw anything in my collection you covet :) the worst i can do is say "no"
[
Must <3 monsters 97
Gender: Some type of non binary. I never felt I was very much a boy, or very much a girl.

Postby Must <3 monsters 97 » Sat Feb 03, 2018 5:06 pm

Hoofs_N_Horns wrote:Guess I'm a bit of a misfit here, as I don't especially like human dildos but I love the real thing :liplick:.

Like I just figure a human dildo isn't anywhere near as good as the real thing no matter how realistic it is, so why bother... And I don't only want to please myself, I want to see the look on my lover's face when I am touching him and whatnot and feel the arousal and experience all that comes with that. Dildos don't exactly provide that experience...

Standard dildos are just ok. I think the weirder toys will be better. I love the real thing too though, if it has the look I like and is attached to someone I care for. The human dildos are for when I need something a partner doesn't have like extra girth or huge veins that stick out and feel different than real cock. I like anthro characters, but I find real non human penises and vaginas downright repulsive. I do not even want a regular colored elypse toy they look all bloody and squick-worthy to me. I even find a lot of real human penises to not be my cup of tea, I am so picky about the look of penis for some reason and I can't control it. I would never shame any penises I don't find pleasing that is just mean, but it is really hard for me to find videos to distract myself while self-pleasing since my brain is so picky about how they look.
Serenek

Postby Serenek » Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:03 am

Fantasy vs reality is a big theme in my life. I’ve found the hard and disappointing way that fantasy tends to be much better than reality.

I used to have sex with men. I stopped a few years ago, except for a recent fling. I realize in this latest (and final) hookup, that after I had started using BD toys, no man will ever have the girth or feeling that a Bad Dragon toy can provide me. Real, human men just don’t do anything for me anymore.

I tend to associate Bad Dragon strictly with fantasy, even for the human looking dildos. There’s an abundant amount of anthro characters with human looking dicks. Other companies’ human looking toys don’t have that same reputation, that same feeling about them, but I could fantasize that they’re on anthros too. That said, I don’t tend to hold the fantasy dongs in a higher regard than the strictly human looking ones.

It’s funny how much I’m actually really turned off to the notion of sleeping with another human male, but the fantasy character I’ll assign a silicone dildo to will really turn me on. :laugh:
► Show Spoiler
Raya

Postby Raya » Wed Feb 07, 2018 4:45 pm

Realistic human dick toys I stay clear from.
Fantasy toys are the only dicks that don't make want to look away.
I don't know why but real human dicks make me cringe, I don't know why but it's something about the look of them make me wrench, even more so with uncut dicks because of there look. Most people judge me for it so I don't really like talking about it.

Some realistic dildos I'm ok with, but the ones with realistic colors and vanes make me super uncomfortable.
WTB:Kona Teenie

Name Pronounced as Ray-uh
Former Username: Precious Wolf
Im A Therian Wolf
Lover of Knotts, Big Boobs, and Egg Laying/Birthing

DO NOT PM ME FOR SEXUAL FAVORS!!!!!
ImageImageImage
Sabbath

Postby Sabbath » Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:25 am

Fantasy dildos all the way; things that look even remotely real give me the 'Uncanny Valley' feeling that makes me a bit ill. I cannot divorce myself from the thought of them looking like 'cut off' body parts.

That being said; the real deal for Humans is only really desirable to me from my SO; I'm demisexual. I would never want to try anything other than a human for the 'real deal' either. But fantasy shapes are awesome for silicone genitals; since they don't give me uncanny valley.
Lipton

Postby Lipton » Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:01 am

To put it simply. Everything has pro and cons
Toys I want to buy:
- Elypse Art: Neo & Vixen
- BD April Fool Toys: Red Rocket & Fire Hydrant

I'm located in Germany, feel free to send me a message if you're selling one of these.
karla-chan

Postby karla-chan » Thu Feb 15, 2018 7:58 am

Lipton wrote:To put it simply. Everything has pro and cons

I would say it is a lot more subjective than that. A lot of what people would see as pro's and con's would be their own personal taste.
Dorito

Postby Dorito » Wed Feb 28, 2018 7:50 pm

I remember reading somewhere (I wish I could find it now, unfortunately I can't so feel free to take this with a grain of salt) that in general, gay/bi men were by far the biggest buyers of the realistic human dildos, while women preferred the more abstract, less phallic designs regardless of their sexuality.

I don't mind the look of realistic penises when they're attached to people, and I could even see myself liking it if I were romantically bonded with the owner, but I've always found it to be very off-putting in toys. The Tantus Uncut is the only 'realistic' dildo I own, and it's only in skin color because there were no alternatives. It had rave reviews and I thought it could be an amazing toy in use, so I held my nose, made the purchase and picked a human anime crush to attach it to. It's just unrealistic enough that it doesn't really bother me, but the hyper detailed ones with colored veins, hair and pendulous balls? Pass. :doh: I'm not really sure why this is! The serial killer/uncanny valley comments above all had me nodding, but another thing in my case is that my toys and associated fantasies are just that; fantasy. Monsters, aliens and anime dudes are here, actual flesh and blood humans are in a very different universe waaaaay over there. :psyduck:
Fableheart

Postby Fableheart » Mon Mar 05, 2018 3:46 am

Hmm, I have one human dildo, but it’s a nice purple, and not detailed at all. It’s the Tantus Vamp.

Realistic human penises do very little for me in real life, so I much prefer the shapes of Bad Dragon. In fact, I only ever have sex with men because they want to, and I never enjoy myself or feel good at all. It kind of made me realize that my own hand and fantasies combined with thick, exotic looking dildos are the key to my satisfaction, and that I’ll likely never ever enjoy sex with anyone else but myself. I’m actually quite thankful I found these toys, otherwise I wouldn’t have figured it out.

I’m also a budding size queen. Again, realistic shaped and sized dildos do nothing for me in that regard. I have to at least have 6 inches of girth and above ir rock hard firmnesses in smaller sizes otherwise I don’t feel it.

So because of all that, combined with the fact I’m probably some shade of lesbian or ace, I do not enjoy realistic human dildos compared to the fun colours, patterns, sizes, and shapes that BD offers.

I didn’t mean for this to become a rant about not liking penis, sorry. Nothing wrong with them; they just aren’t large enough or attractive for me at all.
I mostly lurk and don't really post or look at messages because I'm forgetful or lazy. Sorry for any inconvenience.
Must <3 monsters 97
Gender: Some type of non binary. I never felt I was very much a boy, or very much a girl.

Postby Must <3 monsters 97 » Mon Mar 05, 2018 4:47 pm

I like a mix of realism and fiction. Certain features make me shy away and I can't place why. I like foreskin it is fun to play with and has aspects that as a low key furry I can get into, but flint almost looks more bug like than uncut penis like to me so I will never own it. I don't want to own a rex, cole, or razor but if it had a human head and a foreskin or sheath in furry lingo, and had sandy tan or any human flesh coloring instead of red I might be interested. David and austin is hot because it mixes fictional were monster and human.
Jasmine

Postby Jasmine » Mon Mar 05, 2018 5:16 pm

In the beginning, I was really squicked out by anything realistic.

These days? Not nearly as much. I still have preferences, but there's no sense of revulsion. I still prefer fantasy toys over human style dildos any day though!

I'm still not a huge fan of red colored toys, but it's more of an 'eh' factor than a 'yuck' factor.
ImageImage
Meer

Postby Meer » Tue Mar 13, 2018 3:28 am

I love realistic dildos, of anything! I love the look of real and fantasy realistic penises of all shapes and sizes, I LOVE cock! LOL :misc12: I guess maybe I'm the unusual one? I like my dildos to look like they could belong on something, either human or furry or fantasy creature or some sort. Although I admit I don't have very many human looking dildos, that just because furries and creatures are so much more fun to collect, more variety in shape and color. The possibilities are endless! But once you have a few sizes and shades of human you've pretty much got the spectrum covered, heheh. The only thing I'm not a huge fan of is foreskin, but it doesn't bother me, I just think it's more fun to see the head fully exposed. Other than that I'm not picky, any kind of cock at all is good. I don't have a problem with super realistic animal dildos either, I like them as well!
~Meer
katze

Postby katze » Tue Mar 13, 2018 3:47 pm

In my previous answer to this thread, I said I wasn't a fan of real human penises. However, after acquiring a partner with a penis, my answer has changed a bit. I can be pretty picky when it comes to a real human penis, though having it attached to someone you love dearly helps. Though, in my opinion, my partner has a 10/10 cock in general. :liplick:

The feeling of using a toy and the feeling of actually being fucked by a real, human cock are both great, but completely different experiences for me. A toy will never provide the same feeling of having a real cock thrusting into you. Especially since it's attached to a real person you can interact with in other ways as well during sex.

^ↀᴥↀ^
agender girl | queer | taken | 50 dildos | 14 eggs | 2 plugs | 3 penetrables | 1 wearable

ฅ(≚ᄌ≚)
toy collection in profile!
reine

Postby reine » Thu Mar 15, 2018 7:38 pm

I love realistic fantasy toys, if that counts? I like my toys to look like they belong on something-- that's why I love split colours (especially split fades) so much, and why David, the Gryphon, and Lily are my favorite models. :stick: The subtle skin-like texture, veins, and ridges/creases make some models feel more "believable" and less like just a rubbery sex toy.

"Realism" is also why I'm not big on most marbled toys, haha...

As far as human dicks go, I'm not a fan of IRL dicks, and I really don't like super-realistic toys, whether they're sculpted or lifecasts. :doh: Semi-realistic toys, like Pearce or even a couple of MHT's models (like the Boss Hogg) are fine, since they're human but not smothered in veins and wrinkles, and they can be ordered in colours besides "weird ugly peach". I like human dicks in art, though.
Love? Love fades away. But Bad Dragons? Bad Dragons are forever.

Return to “General Discussion”