Dildos: Fantasy vs. Reality

Discuss anything related to Bad Dragon here!
karla-chan

Re: Dildos: Fantasy vs. Reality

Postby karla-chan » Mon Jan 16, 2017 1:27 am

Kisa wrote:I actually like Echo's balls, they're really small and dainty. I like to play with them before and after toy sessions, and it makes the toy seem more "real" in a way with him. I always refer to my BD toys by name or by gender pronouns because of the intense detail. I feel ya on the Pearce thing, he has balls like whoa. Too much for me, but I can look passed it because the shaft looks good.

I will admit they're a down side to me.

I am really not after any kind of realism personally, I'm all about the texture, how interesting that will feel, and if it looks like it would do something different to my other toys. Just I also think it's a bonus that with the colours BD offer, I can take them far away from looking like real penises. Plus a lot of toy designs don't have the things that I find off putting.

However that curve does look like it would be amazing and a lot of women talking about how it hits them just right, is making me take another look at him. Plus he has that ring part way down that looks like it's interesting, and a couple of bits of little texture. The ring looks the the interesting part in horse based toys, but I don't consider those because I think the flat head would make it harder for me to use. And I need that little bit of a point to help get it in.

There is a practical down side to balls rather than a base for me. I really like it when parts of the base end up rubbing my clit for that extra bit of stimulation. Which if there are balls there'd be nothing at the front to do that.

However I'm strongly considering him since he is so highly rated. I just mentioned it, because it's another example of likeness to realism is a down side to me. However I am hoping if I can manage to get him in something really colourful that it would be okay.
karla-chan

Postby karla-chan » Mon Jan 16, 2017 1:29 am

Sabre wrote:Being a straight male, the idea of a human dildo just never appealed to me

I can really see that actually. I'm glad you've found something that works for you.
Kisa

Postby Kisa » Mon Jan 16, 2017 2:21 am

karla-chan wrote:
Kisa wrote:I actually like Echo's balls, they're really small and dainty. I like to play with them before and after toy sessions, and it makes the toy seem more "real" in a way with him. I always refer to my BD toys by name or by gender pronouns because of the intense detail. I feel ya on the Pearce thing, he has balls like whoa. Too much for me, but I can look passed it because the shaft looks good.

I will admit they're a down side to me.

I am really not after any kind of realism personally, I'm all about the texture, how interesting that will feel, and if it looks like it would do something different to my other toys. Just I also think it's a bonus that with the colours BD offer, I can take them far away from looking like real penises. Plus a lot of toy designs don't have the things that I find off putting.

However that curve does look like it would be amazing and a lot of women talking about how it hits them just right, is making me take another look at him. Plus he has that ring part way down that looks like it's interesting, and a couple of bits of little texture. The ring looks the the interesting part in horse based toys, but I don't consider those because I think the flat head would make it harder for me to use. And I need that little bit of a point to help get it in.

There is a practical down side to balls rather than a base for me. I really like it when parts of the base end up rubbing my clit for that extra bit of stimulation. Which if there are balls there'd be nothing at the front to do that.

However I'm strongly considering him since he is so highly rated. I just mentioned it, because it's another example of likeness to realism is a down side to me. However I am hoping if I can manage to get him in something really colourful that it would be okay.

I do own two Echos, so my love for him is real. I can feel that ring of his on both sizes, it's more pronounced on the medium toy that's for sure. Every time I hilt the medium Echo I just sit there motionless for a few seconds, enjoying his ring
Toys I own:
Lil Vibe (8) Crackers
Mini (5) Echo
Small (5) Ika
Medium (5) Echo
Medium (5) Roland
karla-chan

Postby karla-chan » Mon Jan 16, 2017 2:26 am

Kisa wrote:I do own two Echos, so my love for him is real. I can feel that ring of his on both sizes, it's more pronounced on the medium toy that's for sure. Every time I hilt the medium Echo I just sit there motionless for a few seconds, enjoying his ring

It's that kind of thing why I'm reconsidering him, although I think small is probably more ideal for me because I can only sometimes take something bigger. Still I hear nothing but positive experiences with him.

I really like toys with a curve too.
Idra

Postby Idra » Mon Jan 16, 2017 3:17 am

karla-chan wrote:It's that kind of thing why I'm reconsidering him, although I think small is probably more ideal for me because I can only sometimes take something bigger. Still I hear nothing but positive experiences with him.

Honestly (and not to take anything away from people who love Echo) my experience has been lackluster. As Fantasy Fodder it's great, so I keep it around, but purely on the merits of the model sensation-wise? Not really.

I love curves on my toys (especially bulgy curves, where you can really feel it) and I adore texture. For me, Echo is just not curved ENOUGH (compared to something like Crackers). I also can't feel anything but the medial ring in terms of texture, but even that is pretty smooth and I don't find it stimulating like I find Flint stimulating. I don't find that Echo's head tips up enough to hit my g spot, either, even though mine's in firm and I'm pretty sure I'd be able to feel it if it hit it at all. Plus the balls are a huge downside to me for stimulation reasons, like you mentioned. It's especially disappointing when compared to something like Crackers -- Crackers is what I always want to compare Echo to, lol -- but where Crackers has that spiky base that can get me off just by grinding on the base, whereas with Echo there's nothing.

For me it's just... the plainest fantasy toy I have in my collection, and it /feels/ like the plainest. Even something like MiniChubbs, which is mostly just a vaginal plug, does more for me than Echo does.

So I think the moral of the story here is to strongly consider what you already know you like in toys. If Echo looks like it'd be good for you based on what you know you like, then by all means, get one -- it's a fantastic model for a lot of people. But if you know Echo has downsides for you (like for me, the smoothness, the lack of base, the head not being tipped upwards)... then maybe don't.

Sorry if this wasn't helpful -- I just feel like it's important to put negative/lackluster experiences out there too so it doesn't end up looking like "Echo is perfect for everyone with a vagina" when the reality is far different.
// idra // lesbian //
-----------------------
Owned: See Profile
Kisa

Postby Kisa » Mon Jan 16, 2017 3:44 am

Idra wrote:
karla-chan wrote:It's that kind of thing why I'm reconsidering him, although I think small is probably more ideal for me because I can only sometimes take something bigger. Still I hear nothing but positive experiences with him.

Honestly (and not to take anything away from people who love Echo) my experience has been lackluster. As Fantasy Fodder it's great, so I keep it around, but purely on the merits of the model sensation-wise? Not really.

I love curves on my toys (especially bulgy curves, where you can really feel it) and I adore texture. For me, Echo is just not curved ENOUGH (compared to something like Crackers). I also can't feel anything but the medial ring in terms of texture, but even that is pretty smooth and I don't find it stimulating like I find Flint stimulating. I don't find that Echo's head tips up enough to hit my g spot, either, even though mine's in firm and I'm pretty sure I'd be able to feel it if it hit it at all. Plus the balls are a huge downside to me for stimulation reasons, like you mentioned. It's especially disappointing when compared to something like Crackers -- Crackers is what I always want to compare Echo to, lol -- but where Crackers has that spiky base that can get me off just by grinding on the base, whereas with Echo there's nothing.

For me it's just... the plainest fantasy toy I have in my collection, and it /feels/ like the plainest. Even something like MiniChubbs, which is mostly just a vaginal plug, does more for me than Echo does.

So I think the moral of the story here is to strongly consider what you already know you like in toys. If Echo looks like it'd be good for you based on what you know you like, then by all means, get one -- it's a fantastic model for a lot of people. But if you know Echo has downsides for you (like for me, the smoothness, the lack of base, the head not being tipped upwards)... then maybe don't.

Sorry if this wasn't helpful -- I just feel like it's important to put negative/lackluster experiences out there too so it doesn't end up looking like "Echo is perfect for everyone with a vagina" when the reality is far different.

Yeah, I will say the ring isn't as pronounced in the mini size vs the medium. The ring on the medium Echo is pretty intense for me, while the mini just adds a small amount of texture to add interest. I think the bigger you go with Echo, the more that ring will stand out.
Toys I own:
Lil Vibe (8) Crackers
Mini (5) Echo
Small (5) Ika
Medium (5) Echo
Medium (5) Roland
Raya

Postby Raya » Mon Jan 16, 2017 4:17 am

Im someone who is pretty much repulsed by human dicks but for some reason its just males that makes me go BLA yet Im fine looking at she-males's dicks.
Only thing I can think of that could be the reason is female human bodies are just WAY better looking than plain human males.
Im not lesbian or bi AT ALL even though I do LOVE a great pair of boobs, its just something about how human dicks looks just make me cringe. Hell, even if its in a henti (know I spelled it wrong too tired and lazy to look it up) or a drawn picture like on e621, if its a human looking dick and its on a male be it alien or wolf, it will ALWAYS turn me off and ill avoid looking at it like it's the plague....

O god and uncut dicks..... GAH!!!... Just THINKING about a uncut dick makes me want to throw up!! :unamused: Its the ONLY reason I dont have nor really want a Flint.... xP
Flint textures look fucking amazing and I do kinda want one but... yea.... Hes even named the Uncut Dragon xP....

I also prefer animal and fantasy dicks because human ones are just so plain... Animal and Fantasy dicks and toys are so unique looking with bumps and riges and knots.

I only have 3 human looking toys but even then ONLY "realistic" human feature on then is just the tips/heads. As long as its a not human color and still looking a bit different Im ok.
While realistic toys dont cringe me out as much as real ones, its still all bad.

Even BDs latest toys like Pearce is too close to for me.

This is something I really want and need to get over tho..... I can't even look at my boyfriend's dick without feeling uneasy and looking away even tho im fully in love with and attracted to him....
WTB:Kona Teenie

Name Pronounced as Ray-uh
Former Username: Precious Wolf
Im A Therian Wolf
Lover of Knotts, Big Boobs, and Egg Laying/Birthing

DO NOT PM ME FOR SEXUAL FAVORS!!!!!
ImageImageImage
Kisa

Postby Kisa » Mon Jan 16, 2017 4:40 am

Raya wrote:Im someone who is pretty much repulsed by human dicks but for some reason its just males that makes me go BLA yet Im fine looking at she-males's dicks.
Only thing I can think of that could be the reason is female human bodies are just WAY better looking than plain human males.
Im not lesbian or bi AT ALL even though I do LOVE a great pair of boobs, its just something about how human dicks looks just make me cringe. Hell, even if its in a henti (know I spelled it wrong too tired and lazy to look it up) or a drawn picture like on e621, if its a human looking dick and its on a male be it alien or wolf, it will ALWAYS turn me off and ill avoid looking at it like it's the plague....

O god and uncut dicks..... GAH!!!... Just THINKING about a uncut dick makes me want to throw up!! :unamused: Its the ONLY reason I dont have nor really want a Flint.... xP
Flint textures look fucking amazing and I do kinda want one but... yea.... Hes even named the Uncut Dragon xP....

I also prefer animal and fantasy dicks because human ones are just so plain... Animal and Fantasy dicks and toys are so unique looking with bumps and riges and knots.

I only have 3 human looking toys but even then ONLY "realistic" human feature on then is just the tips/heads. As long as its a not human color and still looking a bit different Im ok.
While realistic toys dont cringe me out as much as real ones, its still all bad.

Even BDs latest toys like Pearce is too close to for me.

This is something I really want and need to get over tho..... I can't even look at my boyfriend's dick without feeling uneasy and looking away even tho im fully in love with and attracted to him....

This post does remind me that I am oddly fascinated by uncircumcised penises. I think it's just because we don't see them much in our American culture, so it's this rare taboo-ish thing over here. I do want an uncircumcised toy, I just haven't found a model that really speaks to me. I like the shape of Flint, but I go back and forth on that wash boardy texture of his. I think of I ever do get a realistic human model, it'll be one that's uncircumcised.

I know in your post, you don't like it, but I actually really like the look of the uncut peen.

I also used to be a labor and delivery nurse, so I've assisted in circumcisions before, and that whole thing has made me a hard nope to circumcision.
Toys I own:
Lil Vibe (8) Crackers
Mini (5) Echo
Small (5) Ika
Medium (5) Echo
Medium (5) Roland
kt~

Postby kt~ » Mon Jan 16, 2017 7:12 am

Idra wrote:I love curves on my toys (especially bulgy curves, where you can really feel it) and I adore texture. For me, Echo is just not curved ENOUGH (compared to something like Crackers). I also can't feel anything but the medial ring in terms of texture, but even that is pretty smooth and I don't find it stimulating like I find Flint stimulating. I don't find that Echo's head tips up enough to hit my g spot, either, even though mine's in firm and I'm pretty sure I'd be able to feel it if it hit it at all. Plus the balls are a huge downside to me for stimulation reasons, like you mentioned. It's especially disappointing when compared to something like Crackers -- Crackers is what I always want to compare Echo to, lol -- but where Crackers has that spiky base that can get me off just by grinding on the base, whereas with Echo there's nothing.

Thank you for saying this, it's my biggest pet peeve when people say Echo is the best toy for vaginas, or even that it will find your g spot, it's just not true :angry: everyone's anatomy is different. My Echo curved directly up into my cervix. And it was too long for me to even be able to insert the medial ring without cervix pounding. Wish I hadn't wasted my money on this but I did learn my lesson to not read raving toy reviews and just look at the structure of the toy before I buy...
~Kinzie~ :misc13: :cool: / Female / 23 / Otaku / Writer

One step on the road to recovery from past traumas.

20 Insertables/1 Penetrable/3 Vibes/4 Eggs
Pictures of my Collection
leafeins

Postby leafeins » Mon Jan 16, 2017 10:35 am

I like realistic dicks, like a lot. I like fantasy dicks just as much. I just like dicks I guess. :smile:
Where am I? What are these? Dragon dildos!?

Well, I guess I may as well buy one or two... y'know since I'm here already.
:psyduck:
leafeins

Postby leafeins » Mon Jan 16, 2017 10:43 am

Kisa wrote:
This post does remind me that I am oddly fascinated by uncircumcised penises. I think it's just because we don't see them much in our American culture, so it's this rare taboo-ish thing over here. I do want an uncircumcised toy, I just haven't found a model that really speaks to me. I like the shape of Flint, but I go back and forth on that wash boardy texture of his. I think of I ever do get a realistic human model, it'll be one that's uncircumcised.

I know in your post, you don't like it, but I actually really like the look of the uncut peen.

I also used to be a labor and delivery nurse, so I've assisted in circumcisions before, and that whole thing has made me a hard nope to circumcision.

I don't think it's odd at all. I also have a thing for uncut, though I definitely don't mind cut. I mean that's what it's supposed to look like anyway right? If BD could release another toy with the head only partially exposed and an less serrated shaft, I'd be so into that.
You probably already know but Tantus makes some silicone uncut toys. In my opinion they're rather plain and not an interesting size but they may be worth a look.

Raya wrote:Only thing I can think of that could be the reason is female human bodies are just WAY better looking than plain human males.

Preach it sister! Although I'm still into guys.
Where am I? What are these? Dragon dildos!?

Well, I guess I may as well buy one or two... y'know since I'm here already.
:psyduck:
thesharkwhisperer

Postby thesharkwhisperer » Mon Jan 16, 2017 10:47 am

leafeins wrote:I like realistic dicks, like a lot. I like fantasy dicks just as much. I just like dicks I guess. :smile:

I could not have said it better :widesmile:
History nerd - Dino lover - Pokémon - HUBBADUH
karla-chan

Postby karla-chan » Mon Jan 16, 2017 10:48 am

kt~ wrote:
Idra wrote:I love curves on my toys (especially bulgy curves, where you can really feel it) and I adore texture. For me, Echo is just not curved ENOUGH (compared to something like Crackers). I also can't feel anything but the medial ring in terms of texture, but even that is pretty smooth and I don't find it stimulating like I find Flint stimulating. I don't find that Echo's head tips up enough to hit my g spot, either, even though mine's in firm and I'm pretty sure I'd be able to feel it if it hit it at all. Plus the balls are a huge downside to me for stimulation reasons, like you mentioned. It's especially disappointing when compared to something like Crackers -- Crackers is what I always want to compare Echo to, lol -- but where Crackers has that spiky base that can get me off just by grinding on the base, whereas with Echo there's nothing.

Thank you for saying this, it's my biggest pet peeve when people say Echo is the best toy for vaginas, or even that it will find your g spot, it's just not true :angry: everyone's anatomy is different. My Echo curved directly up into my cervix. And it was too long for me to even be able to insert the medial ring without cervix pounding. Wish I hadn't wasted my money on this but I did learn my lesson to not read raving toy reviews and just look at the structure of the toy before I buy...

That's fair, and I do try and figure out how I think it'd be good for me based on what I already own. It's good to hear both sides of it, because it is good to try and be as unformed as possible.

The length of the small seems like it'd be okay for me.
Kisa

Postby Kisa » Mon Jan 16, 2017 1:20 pm

leafeins wrote:
Kisa wrote:

I don't think it's odd at all. I also have a thing for uncut, though I definitely don't mind cut. I mean that's what it's supposed to look like anyway right? If BD could release another toy with the head only partially exposed and an less serrated shaft, I'd be so into that.
You probably already know but Tantus makes some silicone uncut toys. In my opinion they're rather plain and not an interesting size but they may be worth a look.

Raya wrote:Only thing I can think of that could be the reason is female human bodies are just WAY better looking than plain human males.

Preach it sister! Although I'm still into guys.

Yeah I know about the Tantus one. That one seems a little plain, and while I understand why it costs so much, I'm not down to paying that much something that plain.
Toys I own:
Lil Vibe (8) Crackers
Mini (5) Echo
Small (5) Ika
Medium (5) Echo
Medium (5) Roland
Willow

Postby Willow » Mon Jan 16, 2017 2:15 pm

Actually I prefer cut dicks only because it's what I'm used to and used to seeing. I do have the ultimate fantasy, as I said, but it's not visually appealing (I bought it for a different reason... it was more a stepping soon between toy sizes). I also have a Flint... but I don't mind it so much on him because the rest of him is so different that it looks more like it's a feature, like it has nothing to do with being cut or uncut.
Odd note: I had a tgirl-friend who has uncut and I had no problem with it. Didn't turn me on or turn me off. Well, I mean, yeah, it turned me on when it was INSIDE me, but that's another story.
You can sleep with ablonde,you can sleep withbrunettebut you'll never get any sleep with aredhead.
A wolf in the streets... a fox in the sheets.
silvring

Postby silvring » Mon Jan 16, 2017 2:49 pm

I don't mind them. A while back someone posted a link to a $200 ultra realistic one that was incredible, and I had a more or less realistic one made out of an odd faux skin material with a dense core. It was neat, and weirdly fascinating, but also gave me a creepy serial killer trophy vibe that made me get rid of it. This probably isn't strictly about dongs, since I think I'd get the same discomfort with a realistic model of hands, fingers or feet too. Lifecasts are more or less a no as well.

I'm fine with real dicks, so long as the person with it has good hygiene (otherwise nope nope nope).

Edit: I forgot just how expensive that crazy realistic dildo was- it's $400, and made my Realdoll.
karla-chan

Postby karla-chan » Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:46 pm

I always forget on how cut penises are really common in the US. I only know one guy who has a cut penis, and that was for medical reasons so he wasn't a baby when he had it done. It was too long, and causing him problems with going to the toilet, and was at risk of infections.

So I have no "preference" to either all penises look a bit weird.

Although common practicing of cutting them on babies, bothers me. Since they can't give consent, but that's a different debate.
Raya

Postby Raya » Tue Jan 17, 2017 12:16 am

leafeins wrote:Preach it sister! Although I'm still into guys.

Lol yea Im still into guys too. XD
WTB:Kona Teenie

Name Pronounced as Ray-uh
Former Username: Precious Wolf
Im A Therian Wolf
Lover of Knotts, Big Boobs, and Egg Laying/Birthing

DO NOT PM ME FOR SEXUAL FAVORS!!!!!
ImageImageImage
Tallon

Postby Tallon » Tue Jan 17, 2017 1:24 am

Kisa wrote:Ok, I know this is going to be a bias topic since we're in a fantasy toy forum, but I'm curious if anyone out there likes the look of realistic dildos. I never liked the realistic toys, because personally I don't like the look of a natural penis. I've talked to several women with a range of sexualities, and I have yet to find a female that likes the look of realistic peen, and many say they don't buy dildos because all of the dildos they've seen are the realistic ones.

I know the dislike of the aesthetic of the natural penis can't be that way all across the board, but I'm curious about why the majority of mainstream toy companies out there choose to makes all or most of their dildos realistic looking when there seems to be a real market for fantasy, or at least abstract looking dildos.

So what's your stance? Do you like realistic dildos, or are you like me and own nothing but fantasy/abstract toys?

I only own fantasy toys, but if you were to look at a picture of all of my toys together, you would definitely notice that I have a preference toward natural coloring. As it stands, a regular ol' human peen can seem pretty boring after you've been married as long as I have. (Eh, let's not tell my husband that.) I am by trade a creative person, and as weird and unhealthy as this may sound, I attach fantasy personalities to the items in my collection. It gives me a little variety in my sex life and a little substance to my fantasies.
I once had a human-like dildo, before I roamed the Internet. It did little for me. :laugh:
"Ecce! Scintillae!" :laugh:

Married Bisexual Kinky Old Man :stick:
Kisa

Postby Kisa » Tue Jan 17, 2017 1:27 am

karla-chan wrote:I always forget on how cut penises are really common in the US. I only know one guy who has a cut penis, and that was for medical reasons so he wasn't a baby when he had it done. It was too long, and causing him problems with going to the toilet, and was at risk of infections.

So I have no "preference" to either all penises look a bit weird.

Although common practicing of cutting them on babies, bothers me. Since they can't give consent, but that's a different debate.

Yeah, I feel the same about the cutting thing, but I don't want to get in a whole debate about that. But I used to be a labor and delivery nurse, and during my time I was surprised to learn that insurance companies don't cover circumcisions (unless there is a medical reason). So parents wanting to circumcise their child will have to pay out of pocket. The hospital I worked at charged anywhere between $250 - $500. Which isn't too high for a medical procedure, but it isn't pocket change when you have a new kid to look after.
Toys I own:
Lil Vibe (8) Crackers
Mini (5) Echo
Small (5) Ika
Medium (5) Echo
Medium (5) Roland

Return to “General Discussion”