Dildos: Fantasy vs. Reality

Discuss anything related to Bad Dragon here!
karla-chan

Re: Dildos: Fantasy vs. Reality

Postby karla-chan » Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:46 pm

I always forget on how cut penises are really common in the US. I only know one guy who has a cut penis, and that was for medical reasons so he wasn't a baby when he had it done. It was too long, and causing him problems with going to the toilet, and was at risk of infections.

So I have no "preference" to either all penises look a bit weird.

Although common practicing of cutting them on babies, bothers me. Since they can't give consent, but that's a different debate.
Raya

Postby Raya » Tue Jan 17, 2017 12:16 am

leafeins wrote:Preach it sister! Although I'm still into guys.

Lol yea Im still into guys too. XD
WTB:Kona Teenie

Name Pronounced as Ray-uh
Former Username: Precious Wolf
Im A Therian Wolf
Lover of Knotts, Big Boobs, and Egg Laying/Birthing

DO NOT PM ME FOR SEXUAL FAVORS!!!!!
ImageImageImage
Tallon

Postby Tallon » Tue Jan 17, 2017 1:24 am

Kisa wrote:Ok, I know this is going to be a bias topic since we're in a fantasy toy forum, but I'm curious if anyone out there likes the look of realistic dildos. I never liked the realistic toys, because personally I don't like the look of a natural penis. I've talked to several women with a range of sexualities, and I have yet to find a female that likes the look of realistic peen, and many say they don't buy dildos because all of the dildos they've seen are the realistic ones.

I know the dislike of the aesthetic of the natural penis can't be that way all across the board, but I'm curious about why the majority of mainstream toy companies out there choose to makes all or most of their dildos realistic looking when there seems to be a real market for fantasy, or at least abstract looking dildos.

So what's your stance? Do you like realistic dildos, or are you like me and own nothing but fantasy/abstract toys?

I only own fantasy toys, but if you were to look at a picture of all of my toys together, you would definitely notice that I have a preference toward natural coloring. As it stands, a regular ol' human peen can seem pretty boring after you've been married as long as I have. (Eh, let's not tell my husband that.) I am by trade a creative person, and as weird and unhealthy as this may sound, I attach fantasy personalities to the items in my collection. It gives me a little variety in my sex life and a little substance to my fantasies.
I once had a human-like dildo, before I roamed the Internet. It did little for me. :laugh:
"Ecce! Scintillae!" :laugh:

Married Bisexual Kinky Old Man :stick:
Kisa

Postby Kisa » Tue Jan 17, 2017 1:27 am

karla-chan wrote:I always forget on how cut penises are really common in the US. I only know one guy who has a cut penis, and that was for medical reasons so he wasn't a baby when he had it done. It was too long, and causing him problems with going to the toilet, and was at risk of infections.

Although common practicing of cutting them on babies, bothers me. Since they can't give consent, but that's a different debate.

Yeah, I feel the same about the cutting thing, but I don't want to get in a whole debate about that. But I used to be a labor and delivery nurse, and during my time I was surprised to learn that insurance companies don't cover circumcisions (unless there is a medical reason). So parents wanting to circumcise their child will have to pay out of pocket. The hospital I worked at charged anywhere between $250 - $500. Which isn't too high for a medical procedure, but it isn't pocket change when you have a new kid to look after.
Toys I own:
Lil Vibe (8) Crackers
Mini (5) Echo
Small (5) Ika
Medium (5) Echo
Medium (5) Roland
karla-chan

Postby karla-chan » Tue Jan 17, 2017 2:20 am

Kisa wrote:
karla-chan wrote:I always forget on how cut penises are really common in the US. I only know one guy who has a cut penis, and that was for medical reasons so he wasn't a baby when he had it done. It was too long, and causing him problems with going to the toilet, and was at risk of infections.

Yeah, I feel the same about the cutting thing, but I don't want to get in a whole debate about that. But I used to be a labor and delivery nurse, and during my time I was surprised to learn that insurance companies don't cover circumcisions (unless there is a medical reason). So parents wanting to circumcise their child will have to pay out of pocket. The hospital I worked at charged anywhere between $250 - $500. Which isn't too high for a medical procedure, but it isn't pocket change when you have a new kid to look after.

I feel the same, that sounds like an awesome job though. It's also interesting insight.
Curiosa

Postby Curiosa » Tue Jan 17, 2017 2:25 am

I'm definitely on the "too realistic dildo means uncanny valley serial killer's trophy nope nope nope all the way" boat, which includes flesh tones, lifecasts, even sculpts that looks too realistic. The ultimate fantasy is a model that looks cartoony enough to pass my sensibilities, and I'm neither here nor there on the 'which is sexually preferable-circumcised/uncircumcised?' debate. A dick is a dick. Oddly enough, I'm not squicked out by colors that are 'realistic' for a monster's dick. Hell, I like a lot of BD's color choices for their models. Kinda adds to the fantasy, you know?

Though I would honestly have some exceptions to my "nope, no fleshy colored dildoes" rule. Like if I ever dated a trans man, and if he preferred using a (body safe) realistic dildo on me during penetrative sex, I would be fine with it, you know? I would think of it as more a prosthetic than a sex toy, an extension of my partner. Mostly stems from my fascination with prosthetics and that's more likely to win over my dildo related squick.

(Also, if I offend any trans men with that mindset, don't hesitate to correct me. I don't know many trans people IRL, so I'm still learning)

Kisa wrote: Yeah, I feel the same about the cutting thing, but I don't want to get in a whole debate about that. But I used to be a labor and delivery nurse, and during my time I was surprised to learn that insurance companies don't cover circumcisions (unless there is a medical reason). So parents wanting to circumcise their child will have to pay out of pocket. The hospital I worked at charged anywhere between $250 - $500. Which isn't too high for a medical procedure, but it isn't pocket change when you have a new kid to look after.

That would probably explain why my SO is uncircumcised, as his family wouldn't have been able to afford that at the time. Though if we ever have a son, I'd most likely opt to leave that choice for when he (the son) grows up enough to consent to such a thing, unless it was for medical reasons. Which I didn't know was a thing until reading this thread. Aside from that I would feel weird making that kind of decision for my son. I certainly wouldn't be happy if someone had made a decision like that for me.
You can't touch music- but music can touch you.

"Other than everything going completely wrong, it's all going according to plan!"

| 30 | Female | bisexual | married | crazy about rainbows and glitter | avid DIYer | loves knitting & cooking | fan of animation |
mynickname

Postby mynickname » Tue Jan 17, 2017 10:53 pm

Curiosa wrote:Though if we ever have a son, I'd most likely opt to leave that choice for when he (the son) grows up enough to consent to such a thing, unless it was for medical reasons.
Please do leave it up to him. Some doctors will put pressure on you to have it done because it makes them a lot of money (the skin is sold for stem cell research and used in cosmetics such as face creams). Basically as long as the kid can pee he doesn't need to be cut and the operation isn't without risk. The foreskin isn't supposed to retract until puberty.

If anyone does want their baby circumcised, please at least request that they use a numbing agent and have it be performed by a doctor. Numbing isn't required and you don't have to be a medical professional to perform circumcisions. You can find a couple youtube videos of babies screeching as the operation is performed. You'll never heard them scream that much at any other point of their lives.

The main reason USA is so heavily into circumcision is because of Dr Kellogg (yes the cereal creator). He heavily pushed male and female circumcision as a way to reduce masturbation (as well as eating Kellogg's instead of a meat-based breakfast). For females it was burning off the clit hood using acid, but at least that was eventually ruled a basic human rights violation. Yet somehow sexual abusing baby males is still legal :mystery:

Sorry about the slightly off topic rant, but there's a lot of misinformation out there about circumcision and it's not something you can undo. Foreskin restoration doesn't restore everything.
karla-chan

Postby karla-chan » Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:56 am

mynickname wrote:
Curiosa wrote:Though if we ever have a son, I'd most likely opt to leave that choice for when he (the son) grows up enough to consent to such a thing, unless it was for medical reasons.
Please do leave it up to him. Some doctors will put pressure on you to have it done because it makes them a lot of money (the skin is sold for stem cell research and used in cosmetics such as face creams). Basically as long as the kid can pee he doesn't need to be cut and the operation isn't without risk. The foreskin isn't supposed to retract until puberty.

If anyone does want their baby circumcised, please at least request that they use a numbing agent and have it be performed by a doctor. Numbing isn't required and you don't have to be a medical professional to perform circumcisions. You can find a couple youtube videos of babies screeching as the operation is performed. You'll never heard them scream that much at any other point of their lives.

The main reason USA is so heavily into circumcision is because of Dr Kellogg (yes the cereal creator). He heavily pushed male and female circumcision as a way to reduce masturbation (as well as eating Kellogg's instead of a meat-based breakfast). For females it was burning off the clit hood using acid, but at least that was eventually ruled a basic human rights violation. Yet somehow sexual abusing baby males is still legal :mystery:

Sorry about the slightly off topic rant, but there's a lot of misinformation out there about circumcision and it's not something you can undo. Foreskin restoration doesn't restore everything.

This is all very factual though, I've read, and watched the same things. Also when the baby goes suddenly very still, they're not "calm" they're in actual shock.
Robiland

Postby Robiland » Wed Jan 18, 2017 8:28 am

I'd be beyond upset if I had that choice taken away from me. Thankfully I didn't. I would never make the choice, and a fair amount of people who do make it in adulthood end up regretting it if it wasn't necessary. There are many who even try to get it surgically reversed. As bad as my parents were, at least they didn't do that to me. But it's probably the main reason I'm such a pervert in the end hahaha
collection/wishlist:
► Show Spoiler
Fae Fantase

Postby Fae Fantase » Wed Jan 18, 2017 1:34 pm

Yes it's quite a culture shock from Europe!. Personally prefer uncircumsized .I like the natural look people's genitals any gender/sex without being surgically altered. Yet I wouldn't run for the hills if my lover had to have it done as a medical procedure either. Because you can't help what you got. I've watched a few amaeteur videos noticing about 3 circumsized guys with amazing looking junk and no visible scarring. So I suppose anything's possible. I don't like to set my preferences hard in stone for that reason.
I've sold toys to over 17 different homes.
Vitani

Postby Vitani » Wed Jan 18, 2017 1:40 pm

Uncommon opinion...I prefer cut dicks too.
Uncut it okay. It's not bad, or gross or anything, just not as attractive to me. -shrug-

Boyfriend is cut, loves it, is glad he is, and no visible scarring (nor any visible scarring with any other guy I've been with?)
karla-chan

Postby karla-chan » Wed Jan 18, 2017 1:47 pm

lovelyscales wrote:

Yes it's quite a culture shock from Europe!. Personally prefer uncircumsized .I like the natural look people's genitals any gender/sex without being surgically altered. Yet I wouldn't run for the hills if my lover had to have it done as a medical procedure either. Because you can't help what you got. I've watched a few amaeteur videos noticing about 3 circumsized guys with amazing looking junk and no visible scarring. So I suppose anything's possible. I don't like to set my preferences hard in stone for that reason.

Yes quite, I didn't even know it was a thing until the summer just gone, and a friend taught me about it. I was shocked.

Although I'm all for any kind of self choice, especially if it's informed. If a consenting adult makes the choice on their own, it's their choice to make. The only time I agree with it sooner is for medical reasons, but medical reasons are uncommon.
Robiland

Postby Robiland » Wed Jan 18, 2017 2:18 pm

Vitani wrote:Uncommon opinion...I prefer cut dicks too.
Uncut it okay. It's not bad, or gross or anything, just not as attractive to me. -shrug-

Boyfriend is cut, loves it, is glad he is, and no visible scarring (nor any visible scarring with any other guy I've been with?)

I don't think it's an uncommon opinion but thanks for expressing it in a sex positive way~. It's one thing to have a preference, but considering it gross kinda crosses lines. It's good that people have the preference for uncut(edit: I meant to say cut but it's pretty much the same statement either way) because it's not fair for either option to be considered superior beyond personal preference, it's just a little different. Only a select few people actually had a choice in the matter. It's not something I can consider an option personally since it's not necessary and would be a risk.
Last edited by Robiland on Wed Jan 18, 2017 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
collection/wishlist:
► Show Spoiler
Vitani

Postby Vitani » Wed Jan 18, 2017 2:20 pm

Robiland wrote:

I don't think it's an uncommon opinion but thanks for expressing it in a sex positive way~. It's one thing to have a preference, but considering it gross kinda crosses lines. It's good that people have the preference for uncut because it's not fair for either option to be considered superior beyond personal preference, it's just a little different. Only a select few people actually had a choice in the matter. It's not something I can consider an option personally since it's not necessary and would be a risk.

Oh, and to clarify here, if I ever had a son, it would absolutely be a choice that's left up to him (:
I don't plan to have kids tho, so thats probably moot point :P
Robiland

Postby Robiland » Wed Jan 18, 2017 2:30 pm

Vitani wrote:Oh, and to clarify here, if I ever had a son, it would absolutely be a choice that's left up to him (:
I don't plan to have kids tho, so thats probably moot point :P

:) It's not like there is anything preventing me from getting the procedure done either~. I do like how it is for me, and I'm sure that's the primary reason I won't consider it an option. Even though you don't plan to have kids, you're still being considerate so thanks again~.
collection/wishlist:
► Show Spoiler
Kisa

Postby Kisa » Wed Jan 18, 2017 4:26 pm

mynickname wrote:

Yes, a million times this! Even so, I have seen doctors give the numbing agent, and then not wait for it to set in. This happens like 90% of the time in the cases I've seen. They just give the shots and get down to cutting right after. Which is... very traumatic. If anyone is set on getting it done, I'd have a family member go watch the procedure (they will let you if you ask, as long as you're the parent or have the parent's permission). Doctors don't pull that crap if a family member is there and is watching.

My advice is have someone go watch the procedure and use numbing agents if you're set on having it done. People put a lot of trust in doctors and I've seen a lot of people raise doctors up on a pedestal. But really they are people just like any other, and they get rushed and cut corners like anyone else.
Toys I own:
Lil Vibe (8) Crackers
Mini (5) Echo
Small (5) Ika
Medium (5) Echo
Medium (5) Roland
Fae Fantase

Postby Fae Fantase » Wed Jan 18, 2017 7:38 pm

I think that's more of a popular at least real vocal opinion in America. Not as much in Europe outside of certain religious groups. Even men in the US who are circumsized I've heard state matter of factly 'circumsized looks better/uncircumsized is weird or gross'. I was taken aback how different things are in US vs. UK.
I've sold toys to over 17 different homes.
zaazhigalka

Postby zaazhigalka » Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:08 pm

I don't own or plan to own any hyper realistic human dildos. I love penises, balls, foreskin, veins, hair, etc. It's all great to touch and look at. The idea of a replica human penis does gross me out though? Something about it seems creepy. Flesh colored toys are also weird. Blaze and flint are about the most human id be okay with inserting without feeling like i stole a dummy's dick from the special victims unit interview room. For me its more like i don't want a penis in me without it being attatched to someone i love. As for the fantasy toys, i dont have anything i attach to them except the type of play each represents when i use it. Like hard and fast. Or slow and deliberate. They're less like "this is typical human dick or this is scary monster dick." and more like "this is the cool blue creampie or red hot railing dong" They all have their own moods and the random colors i get sometimes influence what i use them for. :buddy:

Idk what im talking about anymore haha.
karla-chan

Postby karla-chan » Thu Jan 19, 2017 1:40 am

lovelyscales wrote:

I think that's more of a popular at least real vocal opinion in America. Not as much in Europe outside of certain religious groups. Even men in the US who are circumsized I've heard state matter of factly 'circumsized looks better/uncircumsized is weird or gross'. I was taken aback how different things are in US vs. UK.

Honestly though nearly all of the time it is an unnecessary procedure that does have some life long effects. It does make you a little less sensitive during sex, and you risk compilations. Babies have also been known to die, but I that is really rare at less than 1 in 1,000 cases. But it is a risk, but for what though? Some cereal guy thinking masterbation is wrong? Then later people do it to their kids because they had it done?

Then add into the mixture that this is done to babies without their consent. From an outside perspective that seems really wrong, and kind of stupid. I really do think that any child genital mutilation should be considered child abuse.

Honestly a lot of women I know think penises look weird either way. I know I do, and I've seen and had experiences with both.

But the look of it is really not important when a unconsenting child has had a part of them removed for not medical reasons without getting a choice in the matter. That is my main issue. If a person is taking the choice to do it, that's different. It is the removal of choice that I really take the most issue with.

That baby is not the property of the parents, it's another living human being that has rights.
Kisa

Postby Kisa » Thu Jan 19, 2017 5:48 am

karla-chan wrote:
lovelyscales wrote:

Honestly a lot of women I know think penises look weird either way. I know I do, and I've seen and had experiences with both.

Yup, I blame the Alien vs Predators movies and their phallic shaped monsters running around killing people, but every time I saw a penis for the longest time... that was what I thought about. A weird alien type creature that shouldn't even be a body part. It just looked weird and disturbing to me, and the presence or absence of a skin flap would have changed nothing.

Now that I'm married and had the time to build a connection with that body part I don't feel so weirded out by it, but I just think men are more connected to the image of the penis more than women since men generally are visual creatures and the penis is apart of their own self image. Whereas a person like me who is a female who grew up with two sisters and no brothers, my first exposure to male genitalia was a gang rape scene in The Butterfly Effect.. and then subsequent phallic shaped aliens in a monster movie... So after that, the penis weirded me out.
Toys I own:
Lil Vibe (8) Crackers
Mini (5) Echo
Small (5) Ika
Medium (5) Echo
Medium (5) Roland

Return to “General Discussion”