How often can you take a break without losing progress?

Discuss anything related to Bad Dragon here!
FinalVerse

How often can you take a break without losing progress?

Postby FinalVerse » Thu Apr 06, 2017 7:51 am

Hey guys,
I have quite a reasonable concern, I'm too scared to take breaks for more than a day at a time as I am paranoid and afraid that I will lose progress, be it stretching, depth, endurance, etc...

How long can one take a break between sessions without losing it? Please provide answers below as my gf/dom/switch wants me to take breaks and I am conflicted. I don't want it to rule my life but I don't want to lose what I worked hard for.
:crying:
Arumaeruma

Re: How often can you take a break without losing progress?

Postby Arumaeruma » Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:48 am

Take breaks. Listen to your body. You wouldn't go to the gym every day even if your muscles were in pain would you? Your body needs rest, you won't be reverted after a day. I use my toys vaginally and have gone a month without using a toy and have had zero issues getting back into the swing of things, a day or two isn't gonna do much.
thesharkwhisperer

Postby thesharkwhisperer » Thu Apr 06, 2017 9:14 am

I went more than a year without toying due to health problems and massive depression. Once I got better, I started toying again and it was the same as before. Granted I only toy vaginally and I don't know how it is the other way around but I don't think a few days would change much.
History nerd - Dino lover - Pokémon - HUBBADUH
Chibity

Postby Chibity » Thu Apr 06, 2017 11:11 am

Personally I feel like progress has a lot to do with your mental state and confidence of 'I can take this', which usually settles in once you've managed to take something of that degree before. Mind you, I've never used toys larger than a Medium, but when I first got into anal (and at times, even vaginal), I would have looked at the toys I can take now and think it was impossible without weeks of work up. And yes, it goes take time to make those little improvements beyond your usual scope. But once you're there, I find it's barely half the battle getting back into it again, even if you've taken a break for months at a time. At least, that's been my experience, but I imagine one's physical response and elasticity is different from person to person.
ImageImage Image
Designer of Kage the Anomaly -- Forum / Labs -- Ͼ Art Tumblr Ͽ
HungryStray

Postby HungryStray » Thu Apr 06, 2017 11:32 am

Chibity wrote:Personally I feel like progress has a lot to do with your mental state and confidence of 'I can take this', which usually settles in once you've managed to take something of that degree before. Mind you, I've never used toys larger than a Medium, but when I first got into anal (and at times, even vaginal), I would have looked at the toys I can take now and think it was impossible without weeks of work up. And yes, it goes take time to make those little improvements beyond your usual scope. But once you're there, I find it's barely half the battle getting back into it again, even if you've taken a break for months at a time. At least, that's been my experience, but I imagine one's physical response and elasticity is different from person to person.

So much of this. Nearly all of my ability relies completely on my mental ability. If I'm in a bad state of mind my large Fenrir is a huge struggle, but if I'm feeling more than capable it glides with ease. I think warm-up applies individual to individual as well. For me, it isn't so much a warm-up in size as it is a warm-up in arousal, so if I want to take one of the bigger beasts in my collection, I have to start with something that's reliable in regards to hitting one or more of my good spots, then I've made a mental note of how or where to guide the bigger toy to hit those areas based on my body that day.

Biggest advice of my own is to not force it. Reason one for injury, reason two so you don't become frustrated and lose faith in your ability. When I become too frustrated I can't look at any of my toys without feeling sad, and it takes a long time for me to get back into toying when I've had that experience.
Soooo... I'm doing reviews now! http://doeadeert.tumblr.com/

"Oh bliss! Bliss and heaven! Oh, it was gorgeousness and gorgeousity made flesh. It was like a bird of rarest-spun heaven metal or like silvery wine flowing in a spaceship, gravity all nonsense now. As I slooshied, I knew such lovely pictures!" Alex (Malcolm McDowell)

Controversy is the seeds of change and enlightenment. The fruits we harvest today will be the compost of tomorrow.
Hoofs_N_Horns

Postby Hoofs_N_Horns » Thu Apr 06, 2017 5:57 pm

You'll be totally fine, in fact it might be healthier and more enjoyable overall to take breaks. I only toy like once or twice a week at most and sometimes I take months-long hiatuses. Still made progress and I think Chibity is spot on by suggesting much of it is mental. Like once I comfortably took a L Chance or XL Echo - the psychological obstacle was gone and I can always do it now.

The only issue is you might need a little more warmup after an extended break. Everyone's body is different but this is how it's been for me :3
Penetrables comparison: here
Rainbow Dasher

Postby Rainbow Dasher » Thu Apr 06, 2017 6:11 pm

You definitely need to give your body breaks and toying shouldn't become a chore. Taking a break of a few days between session isn't going to hurt your progress. It does vary from person to person but unless you go months without toying, you should easily be able to get back into the groove.
Pansexual|Married|Writer|Artist|Foodie|Pegasister|Spiritual|Crafter|Blogger|Adrenaline Junkie|Furry| Owns a lot of fucking dicks.
Swiftfur

Postby Swiftfur » Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:41 pm

FinalVerse wrote:Hey guys,
I have quite a reasonable concern, I'm too scared to take breaks for more than a day at a time as I am paranoid and afraid that I will lose progress, be it stretching, depth, endurance, etc...

How long can one take a break between sessions without losing it? Please provide answers below as my gf/dom/switch wants me to take breaks and I am conflicted. I don't want it to rule my life but I don't want to lose what I worked hard for.

Don't worry too much but, I'm the kind of person who worries all the time so, just don't break your ass/orifices K. :psyduck:
I'm pretty sure that you can have quite a lull in toying/sex and get right back at it again without losing progress.
I would definitely agree that your mental state/mood can adversely affect your toying/sex life in a significant way.
Robiland

Postby Robiland » Thu Apr 06, 2017 9:00 pm

Anal is an intense experience in a lot of different ways, so the body can definitely start to build fatigue if you play every day. Even if you're playing safe and have the time/energy, it's an exercise in sexual endurance to try to play every day for sure. Taking even one day off can make a significant difference in sensitivity/arousal/energy levels. More days off makes everything better and better in my experience, but I can only last so many days before I cave. It definitely will not hurt your progress, and will likely even help with moving forward to take some time off regularly.

Pretty much repeating what everyone already said, but more perspective always helps. Lots of good advice in this thread~.
collection/wishlist:
► Show Spoiler
FinalVerse

Postby FinalVerse » Fri Apr 07, 2017 12:35 am

Wow, thank you all for your valuable information...

While I agree to an extent that a lot of it is mental, there is a majority of it that is not. You need to train your sphincter muscles and stretch out your puborectal sling so it is straighter, remembering that the bowel sits loose and when you stretch it, it's only temporary until it shifts back.

I am now capable of holding my 21 inch Slink by Square Peg, comfortably for about 10-15 minutes. I never would have gotten it in if I were somehow thrust into a different body that was not my own.

In my previous post I mentioned the shell by doc Johnson which I could not take to the base, this was because I was not capable of stretching further up. Since using my XL Cock Locker Ace of Spades inflatable butt plug, I have been able to take more girth. I actually got a ball stuck behind my pelvis and had to push until it poked through and pop it with a steel file. I learnt the hard way, while I can take larger toys, make sure they are designed for that purpose.

The ball having squashed (it was the size of a medium coconut), re-expanded inside and tore. There was a small bleed and I spent the night in hospital.

PSA. Never use non toys!!!
:surprised:

But while I will take a break, I feel that there is a limit to how long it can be before I become less adept at anal.
Last edited by FinalVerse on Fri Apr 07, 2017 4:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Idra

Postby Idra » Fri Apr 07, 2017 12:47 am

I toy primarily vaginally, but I've taken breaks from both anal and vaginal toying for multiple months before without losing progress.

Anally, I haven't gone bigger than 2" diameter, but I can work back up to that after months off if I take a few days to do it.

Vaginally, I can take 2.85" diameter max, and that took some training. After a month off over the holiday season, I found a 2.3" toy a little tight, but otherwise fine. The next day, I found the 2.3" toy easy and went up to 2.7" that session.

I know girth/depth/endurance increases can be hard won, but I also don't think your body forgets that easily. I also personally find it harder to get/stay aroused if I toy too often (which will be different for everyone, but for me 5-7 days in a row will have me completely burnt out). I tend to toy every other day because that's how often I want to. I think you should focus on how much you want to toy and what your body feels happy with rather than treating it like work.
// idra // lesbian //
-----------------------
Owned: See Profile
Harbenz

Postby Harbenz » Fri Apr 07, 2017 8:56 am

Personally I can take a week whitout feel any diference, after 2 or 3 weeks small toys feel bigger, but is not a problem, maybe the first session after a break like that is more intense, but the second is "normal". I'm speaking about the sigmoid (external sphincter is easy for me) what sometimes just closes and seems imposible to pass, I can get 9" circunference deep, but there's days that any small thing hurts like hell and there's no way, so that is not a taking breaks problem, is your body that just says no.
Resistance is futile.
► Show Spoiler
Gargoyle242

Postby Gargoyle242 » Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:16 am

I have 2 words: muscle memory. I stopped for several years and when I started back again, It only took a couple sessions to be back to where I was if not further.
"What we find pleasing to the eye and pleasing to the touch are seldom the same thing" - Fabienne
Prydri

Postby Prydri » Fri Apr 07, 2017 12:05 pm

I start to lose progress after a little over a month with anal, and it usually takes a few sessions to get back up to where I was before. I can't take *too* much compared to others around here though (Medium Nox, Medium Nocturne Snow Leopard is about where I'm at.) But I do notice difficulty if I go without for long stretches... and not just in mood for going that long without *snicker*.
Saromel

Postby Saromel » Fri Apr 07, 2017 7:04 pm

FinalVerse wrote:I have quite a reasonable concern, I'm too scared to take breaks for more than a day at a time as I am paranoid and afraid that I will lose progress, be it stretching, depth, endurance, etc...

Toying usually feels more physically intense and pleasurable to me after a break. So yeah, breaks are nice.

"Losing progress" shouldn't be an issue imo. Sex toys are made to provide pleasure. It's not a competition of who can take the biggest dildo. You should use them to have fun, and not just to "make progress", especially if you're forcing yourself to keep up.

Plus how can one even toy every other day without growing tired :psyduck:
Saromel on Twitter! Collection & Wishlist in profile
FinalVerse

Postby FinalVerse » Fri Apr 07, 2017 7:14 pm

UPDATE!!!

My mistress wanted me to take a break but I wasn't having it after whining, peeing on her in rp and biting her, she said to play with whatever but I had to use Chance. She was lenient and said to use my Large.

I picked the doc Johnson American Bombshell Shell Shock XL, then the Titanmen Intimidator and lastly... Chance.

The first up was Shell Shock and first time it came out a little dirty but I persisted. Mistress said to sit front to the camera so I did and whimpering I rode it before pushing down, hearing a crack in my back as usual and letting it pop, the base flush with my hole.

Second up was the Intimidator, which I got the base flush with my hole which burned because of the fecal matter, but again persisted with a whimper.

Last up was Chance which was ridden a few times before I was told to face the balls to the camera, ass to the camera and sit like a good boy. There was still feces and it was being pushed up further and further until I felt it crackle and lodge knowing I was in for a rough night.

I stayed sitting for 10 or more minutes before she let me up and then told to stuff my as with my lace panties and fap until I came which I couldn't sadly.

*groans*

I was backed up/impacted, I couldn't fart and because of that my stomach was rock hard on some places and creaking all night. I had feverish symptoms but with no temp, high blood pressure, felt hot, couldn't breathe, too scared to sleep, constantly getting to near sleep and hyperventilating feeling like I'm gonna throw up... Never again... No more toying with poop in me. Lesson learned.

In short, I'm a stupid pet and will be taking a break for a few days...
:doh: :doh: :doh:
Shardik

Postby Shardik » Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:11 pm

When I was younger, I toyed everyday, like hard and wide and daily, with weekend excursions to the largest toys available back then. Bad Dragon has more variety, and is far larger on average, than anything available in the mid-1990s, but I was able to get a couple of rare Mister B and TSX toys, and those were comparable to Bad Dragon's Large and XL, although they were made of solid rubber and much, much harder. If I took a break, it was because I was travelling, and two weeks was fine; I could come back and get back to my last routine after only a day or two of warming back up.

These days, I toy every other or every third day, if I can. I have to at my age, just as I can only go to the gym every other day. It happens to all of us. I can still take an XL Clayton with ease, though.
Current Collection:
► Show Spoiler

Return to “General Discussion”