First knot, need help deciding which

Discuss anything related to Bad Dragon here!
MachineDoll

First knot, need help deciding which

Postby MachineDoll » Wed Jul 26, 2017 11:50 am

For many years, I have wanted a Bad Dragon toy, but never had the courage to take the plunge. While I am content with some of my current toys, something I have wanted for a long time is a premium toy with a knot. Something that I can lightly thrust into, and work my way in until I get that "pop" inside, and realize I am tied to my toy now. Call it a fantasy, but its something I have dreamed must be amazing.

So I am going to take the plunge, and buy something that is a toy I can work up to. Specifically, I have been considering:
Fenrir
Nocturne
Rex

A few questions I couldn't find the answers to on the forums I was hoping someone could help me out:
Fenrir
1) The Fenrir does not support a suction cup. Sure, having a friend to help can be great for the times that its possible, but for solo play, I prefer to be on all fours or at least in a standing position. On my back guiding a toy with my hands just doesn't give the same feeling. So I was curious for this toy, or other toys that do not support one, if anyone has a DIY or workaround for those times when you really want a suction cup. I was toying with the idea of a harness to a dresser, or tape on the base, but had concerns I might hurt the toy.

2) This toy is my first choice on the list. It has the most pronounced and detailed knot, and I have the suspicion that the moment I get the knot into me for the first time, I will have a moment of absolute terror as it pops into me. I am greatly looking forward to this.

Nocturne
1) The Nocturne is offered in a different sized shaft, firm base. What is the benefit of having a firm base in this instance?

2) The Nocturne looks like it would be amazing for thrusting, with those 3 ridges, and a curve to hit my g-spot. I have only seen a couple of reviews of this toy. Is is new, or no one is buying it, or something else? Also, for someone that has tried the Nocturne, is the last knot/ridge something that makes your eyes pop out for? I want a toy that is going to send me to space when the knot conquers me.

Rex
1) Rex seems to have by far the most reviews I have found here on the forums, but most are for anal/male reviews. Only a couple from vaginal use. My biggest challenge with Rex is regarding the girth of the toy being a little thin and the length of the toy being much longer than its competition. My favorite toy right now is a thruster about the same girth as Nocturne/Fenrir, and after enough time with it, my legs shake *so good!* However, I have to be careful as the wrong position will hit places that I don't want to. So Fenrir/Nocturne will fall within that limit, but Rex has a much longer usable length. My concern is I will not be able to reach the knot before hitting my cervix. Sure, I could go for a smaller model, but then I would be losing on the shaft size, which is perfect. I was curious what others did about this.

2) Rex by far as the most simple design. Not a lot of ridges or texture to it, just a very handsome know at the end to make me submissive. Has anyone that has multiple toys preferred this smooth approach, or are the people buying a Rex mainly doing it for the knot? Ideally, I want a thruster that excites me too much and I "accidentally" pop the knot in at the right moment to finish me off. I am not sure if Rex has enough texture to it to do it, but hopefully someone can shed some light in this regard?

Lastly, I have never owned a toy that finishes inside me. The closest I have to it is an ovipositor, but it is a very different experience altogether. Is the extra cost worth the experience on this?
From what I have read, it seems like the biggest shock is from the temperature. So warming up any Cumtube would be sound advice. What is not clear is how to clean the toy itself. While I will generally be the only one using except once in a while for my partner, is hot water all it needs to stay clean inside?

I apologize for the wall of text, but its a fairly big investment I plan on keeping for a long time, and I would like to be fully versed in what to expect before I take the plunge. Thank you in advance!
Ovipositor and egg laying enthusiast. Princess by day, knotty at night.
My toys:
► Show Spoiler
Lipton

Re: First knot, need help deciding which

Postby Lipton » Wed Jul 26, 2017 11:59 am

Fenrir is designed to be usesd as a plug. The limited length before the knot comes isn't that good to play with. You can do it though but it's mainly getting warmed up and get the knot in and then gonna have fun with him being inside.
Toys I want to buy:
- Elypse Art: Neo & Vixen
- BD April Fool Toys: Red Rocket & Fire Hydrant

I'm located in Germany, feel free to send me a message if you're selling one of these.
MachineDoll

Postby MachineDoll » Wed Jul 26, 2017 12:11 pm

Lipton wrote:Fenrir is designed to be usesd as a plug. The limited length before the knot comes isn't that good to play with. You can do it though but it's mainly getting warmed up and get the knot in and then gonna have fun with him being inside.

This is my first knot, and I have not really had more than a few times playing with plugs years ago. I do not recall anything amazing from them. As I recall, plugs were more of a foreplay toy than anything else. Or for anal usage, for gaping (which isn't something I care for). How do you enjoy the plugged sensations you get? Does it finish you off, or how does that work?
My toys:
► Show Spoiler
memphs

Postby memphs » Wed Jul 26, 2017 12:13 pm

For Fenrir, you could maybe use some sort of rope harness to hold it onto something, but this may not work seeing as it's base has a very small ridge seperating it from the shaft and it might not "catch" well enough to keep it from being pulled out of the makeshift harness. I prefer to have cups on all my toys that can have them, but tbh I rarely use them so someone else may have ideas about how to improvise.
You are definitely going to feel his knot, the ones that protrude to the side more than all around stand out the most. Another similar knot is Xar and the AKN Manta.

Firm bases help on toys like Mountain Drake, which have a good bit of distance between the knot and base, so that you can push it in without the toy getting wiggly or being too squishy to insert the knot. It also helps when riding to stabilize the toy, but I've never found it to make much of a difference in that case. I wouldn't spring for it on a Nocturne.
I'm quite fond of my Nocturne, I've had a mini/5 and a small/8. I don't believe that it's super popular, tbh, it's pretty much smooth and I've heard others complain that the knot doesn't stand out from the shaft. I like mine because of the smoothness and the knot is something easy I can use without lube.

Rex has so many male reviews because he was probably designed with anal in mind. The length isn't going to work with most female users, depending what girth you want. I've never owned one because the knot I'd want has a length about 2" more than I can use. If the length/girth combo doesn't fit, this won't be a toy you can use.
The knot is pretty much the main (and only) feature of Rex, although I like smooth toys so I'd probably like the rest of it as well.

Elden, Xar and Drake are the knotted toys I always go for. TTC's Jake is amazing as well, that knot stays put unless you fight it :stick: I haven't tried their other models yet, but the Anubite might be something that'd work for you as well.
Female | Bi | 25 | Single | 49 Toys | 9 Eggs

Waiting On
None!

WTS List
► Show Spoiler

WTB List
► Show Spoiler
TheOtherDude

Postby TheOtherDude » Wed Jul 26, 2017 12:21 pm

Fenrir definitely is not good for your intended use as your first knotted toy you can work up slowly. The knot is brutal in relation to the shaft, and as it was said Fenrir is meant to be a plug, not something to actively toy with.

I'd recommend a Gryphon. Girth is building up slowly so you really have something to work up and enjoy while training, and you still get the "pop" at the end. He might look relatively tame but if you choose the right size he definitely isn't tame for a beginner.
Last edited by TheOtherDude on Wed Jul 26, 2017 1:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cosmic Nebula & Infinity Star
Worshipper of shiny space horse dick
19 pegs / 6 holes / stash of merch & misc

► Show Spoiler
Lipton

Postby Lipton » Wed Jul 26, 2017 12:37 pm

SN8 wrote:This is my first knot, and I have not really had more than a few times playing with plugs years ago. I do not recall anything amazing from them. As I recall, plugs were more of a foreplay toy than anything else. Or for anal usage, for gaping (which isn't something I care for). How do you enjoy the plugged sensations you get? Does it finish you off, or how does that work?

I have a medium Fenrir, it was too big for my ex girlfriend and even with warm up she couldn't get the knot in. Anal she was able to do it though and liked it but it was more the stretchy feeling combined with clitoris stimulation that got her off. Well since I'm a guy I mainly use it for the filling part and do the rest with my hands, not getting much of just using Fenrir.

A plug is not really designed for stimulation (though there are variations with balls etc, but thats a different topic) and more for a foreplay/stretching purpose. So I don't think Fenrir is really a toy beginners are looking for when they want a knotted toy. Have you seen Austin? It's a really good begginer Knot Toy, isn't too long and the knot isn't that big compared to the other models. The knot is heart shaped and is easier to insert due of that ^.^
Toys I want to buy:
- Elypse Art: Neo & Vixen
- BD April Fool Toys: Red Rocket & Fire Hydrant

I'm located in Germany, feel free to send me a message if you're selling one of these.
katze

Postby katze » Wed Jul 26, 2017 1:42 pm

Seconding Austin for a first knot. While Fenrir's knot is nice his shaft leaves more to be desired.

^ↀᴥↀ^
agender girl | queer | taken | 50 dildos | 14 eggs | 2 plugs | 3 penetrables | 1 wearable

ฅ(≚ᄌ≚)
toy collection in profile!
MachineDoll

Postby MachineDoll » Wed Jul 26, 2017 4:17 pm

I appreciate some of the thoughts here. I should clarify that while this is my first knot toy, I am not exactly a beginning kinkster. My go to tool is a 2.5" shaft TPR realistic. I have the soft, medium, and firm pucks in hand I purchased previously. I have not decided if I am going with a soft or medium yet. The soft knot obviously will go in smoother, but I want a challenge that will take me a few weeks, maybe months to get in. I don't mind the build up.

I am disappointed by the dislike of Fenrir, or at least what the consensus is here. It was my first choice because the knot is so pronounced. When it did pop in, I would be tied. That idea gets me going.
When I was reviewing the Austin, Dane, and a couple others, the lack of girth and/or lack of a pronounced knot detracted me. Even the Nocturne's knot looked lacking, but I thought the curve and thrust might make up for it.

I appreciate the feedback so far, this is a great community!
Last edited by MachineDoll on Thu Aug 03, 2017 9:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
My toys:
► Show Spoiler
MachineDoll

Postby MachineDoll » Thu Jul 27, 2017 4:30 pm

After contacting Bad Dragon customer support, they mentioned some users had purchased double sided suction cups to attach toys that did not ship direct with a suction cup. Has anyone had any experience with these?
My toys:
► Show Spoiler
katze

Postby katze » Thu Jul 27, 2017 5:17 pm

SN8 wrote:After contacting Bad Dragon customer support, they mentioned some users had purchased double sided suction cups to attach toys that did not ship direct with a suction cup. Has anyone had any experience with these?

Yes, I do. I made a thread about the ones I bought from Amazon but I think it's gone now.

It worked, but not as well on a model like fenrir where there was only room on the base for one suction cup.

^ↀᴥↀ^
agender girl | queer | taken | 50 dildos | 14 eggs | 2 plugs | 3 penetrables | 1 wearable

ฅ(≚ᄌ≚)
Ziarre

Postby Ziarre » Fri Jul 28, 2017 2:27 am

SN8 wrote:I am disappointed by the dislike of Fenrir, or at least what the consensus is here. It was my first choice because the knot is so pronounced. When it did pop in, I would be tied. That idea gets me going.

It's not so much dislike, as that he might not be entirely suited to your stated wants. I have (and love) a medium/5 Fenrir, but his shaft doesn't do a whole hell of a lot so thrusting with him isn't likely to be terribly satisfying, even if that knot is delicious. Others are correct in stating that it is a very abrupt knot and there isn't much room for a gradual insert; he's a bit all-or-nothing. That said, my Fenrir is currently my favorite toy and you'd definitely be knotted with him once you managed to get it inserted. He's just not a thruster.

Keep in mind with knotted toys that you need to be able to take most of the usable length in order to take the knot.
Cyberhorn The Dragon

Postby Cyberhorn The Dragon » Fri Jul 28, 2017 3:10 am

havnt tried the fenrir but i can say the nocturn (i have a lg) w/sc when i finally got it
he gave it to to me WOW :bugeyed: its quite enjoyable
► Show Spoiler

~~~
The difference between good and evil is in where you look from
~~~
Raya

Postby Raya » Fri Jul 28, 2017 2:35 pm

Ziarre wrote:
SN8 wrote:I am disappointed by the dislike of Fenrir, or at least what the consensus is here. It was my first choice because the knot is so pronounced. When it did pop in, I would be tied. That idea gets me going.

It's not so much dislike, as that he might not be entirely suited to your stated wants. I have (and love) a medium/5 Fenrir, but his shaft doesn't do a whole hell of a lot so thrusting with him isn't likely to be terribly satisfying, even if that knot is delicious. Others are correct in stating that it is a very abrupt knot and there isn't much room for a gradual insert; he's a bit all-or-nothing. That said, my Fenrir is currently my favorite toy and you'd definitely be knotted with him once you managed to get it inserted. He's just not a thruster.

Keep in mind with knotted toys that you need to be able to take and most of the usable length in order to take the knot.

Exactly what Ziarre said.
I have 2 Medium 5 Fenrirs (one with tube one without) and my tubed one was my first BD toy and first ever knotted toy and Fenrir is my favorite toy out of all my vag toys (hes too big for my tail plus I use him for oral all the time and I guess I just have a "phobia(?)" of putting things that have been in my tail in my mouth, regards of how much I clean it. :psyduck: ) but thats all he is, all knot sadly. His shaft is nothing more than to guide the knot in really....
If you want a toy to just be knotted to then Fenrir is a must have, but if you want a thrusting knot toy then as much as I LOVE Fenrir, hes the worst for thrusting.... :(
WTB:Kona Teenie

Name Pronounced as Ray-uh
Former Username: Precious Wolf
Im A Therian Wolf
Lover of Knotts, Big Boobs, and Egg Laying/Birthing

DO NOT PM ME FOR SEXUAL FAVORS!!!!!
ImageImageImage
KeeperOfFenrir

Postby KeeperOfFenrir » Fri Jul 28, 2017 5:28 pm

I have to agree with everyone else here. Fenrir is 100% about the knot, he is not a thrusting or riding toy. If all you care about is being tied then he's a good choice, if you're looking for a more multi-purpose toy, look elsewhere. I also have a medium Nocturne, and I think he might be more in line with what you're looking for. He essentially has three knots, and provides a pleasant sensation each time one moves in or out. He's smooth and easy to take, and ties moderately well. If you're looking for something with a suction cup that you can press up against, thrust with, and tie with, he's the best choice of the three.

I'd also second looking at Elden as an option. While he doesn't offer the same variety of sizes, his knot is great and he'll stay put once he ties you.
LauraLoo

Postby LauraLoo » Sat Jul 29, 2017 8:16 am

The concern in your original post about Rex being long before the knot is realistic. I'm a female... I toy a lot but I'm very tight. I got a medium Rex as my first because the knot size seemed to be what I wanted in comparison to my Other toys. I get to the knot and I can tell I'd be able to take it as a stretch, but the toy is too long and I'm not deep enough so it's a waste.

I do love the cum tube feature. The lube is amazing. but I'm sure it would be ever better coming out of something locked inside me. :)
Dusksong

Postby Dusksong » Sun Jul 30, 2017 9:50 pm

LauraLoo wrote:The concern in your original post about Rex being long before the knot is realistic. I'm a female... I toy a lot but I'm very tight. I got a medium Rex as my first because the knot size seemed to be what I wanted in comparison to my Other toys. I get to the knot and I can tell I'd be able to take it as a stretch, but the toy is too long and I'm not deep enough so it's a waste.

Out of curiosity, what firmness is your Rex? Do you think a softer firmness would help? I've been thinking about giving a knotted toy another try but I think it would need to be soft for me to be able to use it. The ones I've tried in the past were too firm and not a good experience.
Image Be true, be brave, stand. All the rest is darkness. - Stephen King
* Toys for sale & Wanted in my profile! *
Niah

Postby Niah » Mon Jul 31, 2017 12:38 pm

Thought I'd chime in. I have a small and a medium Crash and I enjoy both. The knot doesn't always want to stay in, but both have enough length in the shaft for thrusting before knotting, and there's a nice, easy taper to the knot so it's not so abrupt as with Fenrir. I do have a medium/3 Fenrir and he's amazing. I can do some small movements with him inside and it makes for some great sensations. I went with 3 over 5, because the knot is very sudden and I was worried I'd have issues with a firmer toy; I'm so glad I listened to my gut and went with the softer firmness. I also have a medium Nocturne, and while the shaft is pretty great, I still haven't been able to knot him due to the angle of the toy and the length. Not to mention that his knot is actually bigger in circumference than what his page lists. Oh, Terra is a fun one, but I'd recommend a small since the medium's knot is a bit much.
31/Asexual/Genderfluid (biologically female).

See my profile for a list of the toys I own. Please do not solicit me about selling any of my toys.
katze

Postby katze » Mon Jul 31, 2017 1:01 pm

If you're interested in toys from other companies as well, Twin Tail Creations has their newer Jake model. Short thick shaft with an even fatter knot. I just tried mine (medium size) out last night, and if you want a toy you'll definitely tie with, this is probably the one. My bad dragon knotted toys are nice, but none of them knot me as well as Jake.

^ↀᴥↀ^

ฅ(≚ᄌ≚)

Return to “General Discussion”