New Website discussion Thread

Discuss anything related to Bad Dragon here!
yuzupo

Re: New Website discussion Thread

Postby yuzupo » Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:49 pm

"Masturbators" is such a clinical sounding term though. I hate anyone using it, lmao.
Yes, doc. I'm gonna need a new dolphin MASTURBATOR for my tension issues.
Squirrelmunk

Postby Squirrelmunk » Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:54 pm

yuzupo wrote:"Masturbators" is such a clinical sounding term though. I hate anyone using it, lmao.
Yes, doc. I'm gonna need a new dolphin MASTURBATOR for my tension issues.

I don't think the word in that sentence that would most raise people's ire is masturbator.
I have a blog, which includes a list of fantasy toy makers.
Faffy the FauxFox

Postby Faffy the FauxFox » Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:17 am

maybe the fetish is fantasy?
__________________________________________________________________________________
underwear is a hug for your butt
Amaranthe

Postby Amaranthe » Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:26 am

So the adoptions toys featured on the toy pages now are called "exclusive artist experiments" like what
TheOtherDude

Postby TheOtherDude » Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:05 am

Amaranthe wrote:So the adoptions toys featured on the toy pages now are called "exclusive artist experiments" like what

Exclusively available... for anyone fast enough :P
Cosmic Nebula & Infinity Star
Worshipper of shiny space horse dick
19 pegs / 6 holes / stash of merch & misc

► Show Spoiler
iwikiwi

Postby iwikiwi » Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:26 am

Supporting the opinion that the stories added to the atmosphere greatly. I'm not a great furry myself but I loved the characters and the atmosphere was special and made shopping feel like an adventure. Now it's more plain and bland that way
:misc3: ESTP / Bisexual / Switch
Toys:
► Show Spoiler
Niah

Postby Niah » Thu Aug 17, 2017 6:28 am

CutiePique wrote:
Niah wrote:I'm finding that the more I go to the site the more I find issues with it. I hated the new adoptions from the start and I hate it more with each glance. Someone mentioned that this new site doesn't look as sketchy as the old one. I didn't find the old one sketchy at all. Everything was easy to find and I had zero issues with it. With this one, good luck to me trying to look at anything while someone else is home, thanks to the images being, imo, far larger than necessary. Being able to enlarge them as needed worked just fine. I'm glad I bought the toys I really wanted before the price changes since nearly all of them went up. I've only vaguely glanced at the new stories (enough to notice that they are not the original ones), but I also got a very fetish-feel about it. Them putting the images down below everything isn't going back to their roots at all. I was expecting them to be in the line up of images like before. I'm not even going to think about ordering my custom Bruiser I had a thought about until I know they've worked out various quirks with the site since I'd rather not have something go wrong when I try to place an order or have to ticket about it. I haven't been on the site long enough to see if the live chat option is still there or if you have to email a ticket like when it's after hours or over the weekend.

@bold :bugeyed: I... feel like that might be referring to my post. If so, I kinda wanna revisit my comment and explain my thinking. (Or at least the point of view of someone who'd call the old site sketchy.)

What I found sketchy about the old site was the layout. It was too close to "2000s freewebs template" for me and didn't seem to use its space all that well. It made me wonder whether this was a trustworthy, reliable business to pay money to for quality goods. Is that superficial? Probably, but it made me question the legitimacy of the store in the beginning and that's no good. The new site improved on that for me. It's got problems in its details ("adoptions" link should be in the top bar with giftcards and sales, so many images are just too damn big, no forum link) but the layout itself is pleasing and these details are so easily fixable. Emphasis on "these". I like focusing on fixing things bit by bit; if I were the one to work on tweaking the new site based on feedback, these items would be where I'd start. So those were the issues I saw first.

And then there are problems other people have mentioned, like the new word usage/fetishy phrasing everywhere. Adoptions can't be sorted by age/when posted. The split color option is practically invisible. Bullshit price hikes for one-size insertables. Et al. These are bigger issues that can't just be fixed with a little html/css fiddling. Everyone covered these things pretty thoroughly before me and I'd say I agree with them. If anything the "sketch" I felt from the old layout was shoved straight into the new content. And with the lack of a forum link, I'd hazzard a guess that if I were a new customer today, I would be turned off from buying.

:psyduck: tldr: I much prefer the general "shape" of the new site. I think it's a good start. The whole update certainly has a way to go, but I don't think it's all bad?

...Or at least that's what I wanted to explain myself with, might not've been referring to me after all, I dunno, it's getting late and I've lost my train of thought at this point, carry on thread~ orz

We're good, lol. I wasn't really referring to anyone specifically because this thread has gotten long. I do see what you mean about their use of space being better and all. If they would work on their language, the price adjustments, and everything else people have mentioned already then it'd be much better. As it is...
31/Asexual/Genderfluid (biologically female).

See my profile for a list of the toys I own. Please do not solicit me about selling any of my toys.
Villie

Postby Villie » Thu Aug 17, 2017 6:45 am

reine wrote:"Fetish, not Fantasy" sums up my thoughts on the text exactly. :(

I can see a few people getting hosed on the models that had their sizes adjusted. I get that they apparently needed to standardize prices across all models (ie. all small toys are $75 base now), but... Did they have to shuffle sizes around?

Imagine being a returning customer who has the old small Austin (new medium) and wants the next size up- a medium. If they buy the new "medium" without knowing that the sizes were all changed and the old mini was dropped, they're going to end up unwittingly buying a second Austin in the same size they already own. :eyeroll:

I don't even know if you could ticket to say "I ordered a medium Austin and got a small", because... it technically is what you ordered; BD just shuffled the sizes. You'd probably just get a "Sorry for the inconvenience!" or something and be out $105+.

I know I'm super salty about everything, but there's so much stuff on the new site that's just so... ugh.

Between the surprise size changes, weird price hikes (small Stan and small Tentacle are the same price now???), fetish-y text everywhere, allegedly "back to our roots" new stories (written way more like "Our toys are Kinky" than the old ones), and the terrible customization interface (why did they tuck splits and SC/CT options out of the way like that?)-- I wish they just kept the old site.

BD's efforts to nearly completely erase the fantasy aspect the company was founded on is weird to me, too. I've seen people say "But some people aren't furries!", and like-- yeah??? Of course non-furries also buy from BD, and that's totally fine! Lots of people just buy the toys for the shapes and colours, or because they like to imagine demons or other non-furry monsters. Even BD's original demographic (furries) liked to buy toys based on characters they like instead of the site characters.

But honestly, saying "Rex" instead of "Rex the German Shepherd" doesn't make it any less of a dog dick, and "Duke's Muzzle" is very obviously a dragon. There's no need to sweep everything under the rug; someone who's so disgusted by the very notion of a dragon-based sex toy probably won't miraculously want a Dragon Muzzle now that it doesn't have "dragon" in the name.

(Or rather, sweep it all under the "Furry" toggle (which is only there if you have an account and log in) and replace all of the text with Naughty Fetish Stories and skeezy toy descriptions.)

Summed up my feelings really well haha

I'm not even really that involved in the kinky side of furry at but I remember reading Nova the breeders page and thinking "OhHHH hot yes yes I need this :excited: "

The stories were cute funny sometimes a little cheesy, but they told a story about the fantasy creatures that supposedly modeled for BDs fictional dragon staff, and j thought it was neat and fun
seeking: SBF medium yuri, EA neo
selling: a bunch on DM & DH
PM me! Image
spiralcatfox

Postby spiralcatfox » Thu Aug 17, 2017 6:59 am

Screenshot_20170817-095420.png
Adventures in mobile browsing - the mobile website just resizes/rescales itself upon loading on my browser

Screenshot_20170817-095333.png
Kona dont get ahead of yourself, you should be $75 - some toys in the adoptions still carry bd's original pricing instead of the new prices

Screenshot_20170817-095215.png
Why are these two different sizes the same price? - didnt notice the cumtubes on the mini zaratan, oops;;

Edited the post a bit, cause I was in a bad mood while posting it. And I feel its a little harsh and rude, my apologies.. :sniffing:
Last edited by spiralcatfox on Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Faffy the FauxFox

Postby Faffy the FauxFox » Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:00 am

iwikiwi wrote:Supporting the opinion that the stories added to the atmosphere greatly. I'm not a great furry myself but I loved the characters and the atmosphere was special and made shopping feel like an adventure. Now it's more plain and bland that way

you would think that is part of "furry content" aside from "show character picture"

as for the "adoptions" name change, it maybe gives people the false idea, or that they were something nobody wanted for what reason, or like a box of free puppies.

I don't know if "quick inventory" or "in stock" is better than "clearance" but that does sound like "on sale, need room"
__________________________________________________________________________________
underwear is a hug for your butt
Lipton

Postby Lipton » Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:01 am

Simply disappointed. "Back to the Roots" yeah like everything but definitely not back to the roots.
Toys I want to buy:
- Elypse Art: Neo & Vixen
- BD April Fool Toys: Red Rocket & Fire Hydrant

I'm located in Germany, feel free to send me a message if you're selling one of these.
Amaranthe

Postby Amaranthe » Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:25 am

TheOtherDude wrote:
Amaranthe wrote:So the adoptions toys featured on the toy pages now are called "exclusive artist experiments" like what

Exclusively available... for anyone fast enough :P

Ha! I guess they've named it that to keep with the limitations of not being able to duplicate adoption colors or whatever. Still think it's weird that adoptions are called "clearance" on the site now, since they aren't discounted unless they're flops. :psyduck:
roseypearl

Postby roseypearl » Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:33 am

spiralcatfox wrote:

It's probably a mistake. After the site went live, the sleeves said they were $95 now, but inventory still listed them at 130. Came back the other day to look and they had changed the pricing for some of the inventory sleeves, so they're probably changing the rest of the inventory and did it accidentally?
TheOtherDude

Postby TheOtherDude » Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:53 am

Yep, it looks like some inventory prices haven't been updated yet to reflect the pricing changes. Give it a few days... or if you are in fear someone else snags it I'd assume support can fix this too if it's obvious.

► Show Spoiler
TheOtherDude

Postby TheOtherDude » Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:13 am

Antedated order complete after a lot of back-and-forth about customization with support :)
order.png

I noticed a nifty thing for my already completed orders. They now display (apparently) your position in the waiting queue for each made-to-order toy. Doesn't appear yet for the order I just placed, but I assume it will once the 24 hour cancellation period is over. On the other hand, you no longer get the toy IDs told up front. Hope they are at least still on the label on the bag. Kinda liked them.

toys-in-front.png

► Show Spoiler
Akanisen

Postby Akanisen » Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:26 am

So wait, does anyone have their order history back yet? Cause I was wanting to add up how much my collection is worth and I kind of need to look back at my order history for that...
ImageImage Image "Ignorance is bliss. But bliss is boring." ~Bill Cipher Image ImageImage
Cancel

Postby Cancel » Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:33 am

I don't have mine either.

CS told me that they are working on bringing it back so hopefully it comes back soon. I was planning to update my list of what I have and was going to check my order history for pricing and colors and such lol.
|| 28 || Birb || Cboy || Taken ||
betty

Postby betty » Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:38 am

spiralcatfox wrote:

A mini zaratan with a CT is the same price as a small zaratan with no extras.

The $85 kona would be explained if it had a SC --- but it doesn't. So why isn't it $75? I think the answer is that it's old inventory with the old prices. Didn't the old prices cost $30 for signature colors instead of the new $20 price?

That's my best guess.
Akanisen

Postby Akanisen » Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:39 am

Cancel wrote:I don't have mine either.

CS told me that they are working on bringing it back so hopefully it comes back soon. I was planning to update my list of what I have and was going to check my order history for pricing and colors and such lol.

Ok, glad it's not just me. I'm really looking forward to adding my list up, cause I'm pretty sure I have over 2k in toys :bugeyed:
ImageImage Image "Ignorance is bliss. But bliss is boring." ~Bill Cipher Image ImageImage
TheOtherDude

Postby TheOtherDude » Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:42 am

Akanisen wrote:So wait, does anyone have their order history back yet? Cause I was wanting to add up how much my collection is worth and I kind of need to look back at my order history for that...

Well, I do. Everything I was able to see on the previous version of the website. There's one order from back in 2011 which is invisible, but I was unable to see it on the site they just replaced too. When I ordered they had an even older system they probably replaced meanwhile.

► Show Spoiler

Return to “General Discussion”