New Website discussion Thread

Discuss anything related to Bad Dragon here!
Azareus

Re: Really fucking excited!

Postby Azareus » Fri Aug 11, 2017 1:39 pm

Oh my gosh, that is a heck of a redesign.

I'm especially pleased about the gift cards, part of me opening up to my friends involved "joking" that they should get me BD gift cards for my birthday, only to find out they didn't exist anyway. Now I can say it and be completely serious. :stick:

Everything about the new site gets a thumbs up from me at first glance.
Vulpine Aurora

Postby Vulpine Aurora » Fri Aug 11, 2017 1:40 pm

dasadevil wrote:okay maybe its not exactly the best thing but i told everybody to give the "new direction" a chance and that we will be coming back to our roots soon enough

WELP

furry.jpg

echo.jpg

I think this is an excellent idea. Great for everyone on either side. Kudos to you guys once again! :widesmile:

OT, new website for the win!
The name's Quinn. I'm an extremely friendly, open-minded fellow if you ask to get to know me. Please feel free to shoot me a PM and chat if you'd like! I always welcome a good conversation, pretty much regardless of the topic.

Bad Dragon goals: Knot an XL Rex, hilt an XL Chance Unflared, and get past my legacy Large Chance Flared's medial ring.
Karhu

Postby Karhu » Fri Aug 11, 2017 1:44 pm

Another thing about gift cards, how do they reflect on the receipt? Pretty sure BD is not planning on giving outright loopholes out of taxing and customs offices? Do they have a own stand between full purchases and free replacements, or do products paid with the cards show as full price items?
Lipton

Postby Lipton » Fri Aug 11, 2017 1:54 pm

I still wish for an bonus program for returning customers but likely won't happen ^^

Karhu wrote:Slightly concerned about how heavily new layout depends on scripts, especially how much java dependency is there? Things tend to break and be slow, even on proper systems and stable connection. Hats off for the Adoption inventory options, if you get them to function properly! Already running BD on Chrome to allow scripts, whereas main browser has minimum of 2 script / ad blockers active.

Kona-stands. Get them now.

Can't get worse I guess. Back the days when the adoption page doesn't had a maximum of 100 toys per page you basically couldn't get it to load on your phone and even good CPUs had troubles with loading all the stuff at once
Toys I want to buy:
- Elypse Art: Neo & Vixen
- BD April Fool Toys: Red Rocket & Fire Hydrant

I'm located in Germany, feel free to send me a message if you're selling one of these.
Jasmine

Postby Jasmine » Fri Aug 11, 2017 2:01 pm

The new website promo video looks great!

I'm curious to see how the custom color picker works with the 3D model options- will the picker still work with the 2D layout or will we see something that looks essentially like the mock ups in the Color topic? :excited:

And it'd be nice if the Real Size tool could also do comparisons between models!
ImageImage
Karhu

Postby Karhu » Fri Aug 11, 2017 2:08 pm

Let's take a moment to think how we reply if people ask when we're holding credit cards towards our monitors. "Because throwing the wallet is old times", "Measure twice, cut once"?
Lipton wrote:Can't get worse I guess. Back the days when the adoption page doesn't had a maximum of 100 toys per page you basically couldn't get it to load on your phone and even good CPUs had troubles with loading all the stuff at once

It can. I did not spend money on some games only because their store pages were not working fine enough.
thesharkwhisperer

Postby thesharkwhisperer » Fri Aug 11, 2017 2:24 pm

Akanisen wrote:While this new site looks AMAZING! I am slightly worried that no where did I see a link to the forums on their new layout :psyduck: Unless I missed it somewhere...

That was the one thing I wondered. What place will the forums have in the new website. Apart from that, it looks pretty good.
History nerd - Dino lover - Pokémon - HUBBADUH
Villie

Postby Villie » Fri Aug 11, 2017 2:36 pm

dasadevil wrote:okay maybe its not exactly the best thing but i told everybody to give the "new direction" a chance and that we will be coming back to our roots soon enough

WELP

furry.jpg

echo.jpg

I was slightly concerned when I watched the video but looks like we can toggle the boys back on if need be haha :widesmile:

I think it's a good idea
seeking: SBF medium yuri, EA neo
selling: a bunch on DM & DH
PM me! Image
Eleka

Postby Eleka » Fri Aug 11, 2017 3:31 pm

OK, so it's probably just placeholder text, but did anyone else spot the new toy names in the video? For example:

Also some random names between 2:32 and 2:33 in the video. I could spot Xerxes, Gala, Magnus, Glyph. I wonder if it is just placeholder text, or if some of the toys are being renamed, or if it's some sort of teaser, or an in-joke' perhaps? Or maybe I'm just reading too much into it.

WELP

furry.jpg

echo.jpg

No, you were right the first time, this seems to me like the best thing about the new site. :stick:
The Narse artwork is the reason I found BD in the first place and the stories really add to the whole fantasy theme of the site. Great to see they're being featured more prominently.
My Bad Dragon Collection:
► Show Spoiler
Willow

Re: New Website discussion Thread

Postby Willow » Fri Aug 11, 2017 3:53 pm

Nooooooope! Change scares and infuritates me! WILLOW SMASH!

Kidding, it looks pretty good from what I can tell. I like the way you did the "surprise me" color (1:28), that was cute. And interested in your "getting back to your roots", so you've got my pickle piqued.

... not sure how you pique a pickle. I'm Pickle Rick!
You can sleep with ablonde,you can sleep withbrunettebut you'll never get any sleep with aredhead.
A wolf in the streets... a fox in the sheets.
Rainbow Dasher

Postby Rainbow Dasher » Fri Aug 11, 2017 4:33 pm

Looks pretty damn good to me.
Pansexual|Married|Writer|Artist|Foodie|Pegasister|Spiritual|Crafter|Blogger|Adrenaline Junkie|Furry| Owns a lot of fucking dicks.
Niah

Postby Niah » Fri Aug 11, 2017 4:35 pm

Eleka wrote:OK, so it's probably just placeholder text, but did anyone else spot the new toy names in the video? For example:

Also some random names between 2:32 and 2:33 in the video. I could spot Xerxes, Gala, Magnus, Glyph. I wonder if it is just placeholder text, or if some of the toys are being renamed, or if it's some sort of teaser, or an in-joke' perhaps? Or maybe I'm just reading too much into it.

WELP

furry.jpg

echo.jpg

No, you were right the first time, this seems to me like the best thing about the new site. :stick:
The Narse artwork is the reason I found BD in the first place and the stories really add to the whole fantasy theme of the site. Great to see they're being featured more prominently.

Snap looks like the Snow Leopard to me from what I can tell.
31/Asexual/Genderfluid (biologically female).

See my profile for a list of the toys I own. Please do not solicit me about selling any of my toys.
Dusksong

Postby Dusksong » Fri Aug 11, 2017 4:41 pm

Did someone say giftcards???? :bugeyed:

Okay, how do I convince my relatives to buy me them without googling "Bad Dragon" lol.
Image Be true, be brave, stand. All the rest is darkness. - Stephen King
* Toys for sale & Wanted in my profile! *
Amaranthe

Postby Amaranthe » Fri Aug 11, 2017 4:50 pm

Ok, I'm all here for the new website! The "show furry content" button is genius! People who love the stories and art can still have them, and people who don't care for them can hide it. Simple solution that's pretty perfect! :dukeretro:

Also, I'm really excited by the "Actual size" feature. I remember talking about how something like that could be implemented on the forums forever ago. Cool to see it come to life! It'll really help me, I know that for sure.

And 3D models yeeesss! I feel like I'll spend hours with that feature. :stick:
mynickname

Postby mynickname » Fri Aug 11, 2017 5:11 pm

Thank you for keeping a dark background.
Slaanesh

Postby Slaanesh » Fri Aug 11, 2017 5:12 pm

mynickname wrote:Thank you for keeping a dark background.

I agree, it's a lot easier to see everything in better contrast with a dark background :laugh:
Slippery-When-Wet

Postby Slippery-When-Wet » Fri Aug 11, 2017 5:15 pm

Eleka wrote:OK, so it's probably just placeholder text, but did anyone else spot the new toy names in the video? For example:

Also some random names between 2:32 and 2:33 in the video. I could spot Xerxes, Gala, Magnus, Glyph. I wonder if it is just placeholder text, or if some of the toys are being renamed, or if it's some sort of teaser, or an in-joke' perhaps?

You're right!! All the toys have names now except the demon dick and egg plug. The dragon tongue is also now "Winston's tongue" and Xerxes is the royal dragon. ugh pausing videos on mobile is hard

I'm personally very impressed with this update! It looks super user friendly and resolves a lot of issues people were having. And I absolutely love the furry content button because it means we won't have to see people complain from both ends of the argument with every new toy :widesmile:
ImageImage
Hoofs_N_Horns

Postby Hoofs_N_Horns » Fri Aug 11, 2017 5:20 pm

Jasmine wrote:And it'd be nice if the Real Size tool could also do comparisons between models!

Yeah there are a few third-party sites offering that functionality. I bet it would be much easier for BD since they already have all the info and don't need to take measurements and photos to build the database.

And on a related note... will there be an internal 3D view for penetrables? The outside is nice and all, but it's the inside that's critical for shoppers when comparing and making their decision.
Penetrables comparison: here
Screamy

Postby Screamy » Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:54 pm

Honestly it's good to see an update to the website. It has been due for an update now for quite a while. ESPECIALLY the adoptions page.

But..
I'm just not sure what to think about them naming the Ultimate Fantasy Archer and having a sleeve named Lana. Like, it's funny but at the same time I'm just "jfc why"
I guess it's more because Archer isn't really a character I'd ever consider fantasizing about but that's really just me.
Last edited by Screamy on Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
All my sex toy data on here is way out of date.
Saromel

Postby Saromel » Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:09 pm

The new website really looks good, I just hope you don't forget to put a link to the forums
Saromel on Twitter! Collection & Wishlist in profile

Return to “General Discussion”