New Website discussion Thread

Discuss anything related to Bad Dragon here!
Akanisen

Re: New Website discussion Thread

Postby Akanisen » Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:35 pm

Saromel wrote:The new website really looks good, I just hope you don't forget to put a link to the forums

Thank you!
ImageImage Image "Ignorance is bliss. But bliss is boring." ~Bill Cipher Image ImageImage
Coxi
Gender: NB? I don't think about my gender very often, I lack a pronoun preference.

Postby Coxi » Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:20 pm

I think I came in at just the right time. I hope this means easier sorting, there is just so much to go through currently. Ofc variety is the spice of life, but organization and search functions for toys based on size would be the best.
Ziarre

Postby Ziarre » Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:32 pm

I'm really looking forward to this! Gift cards would mean having 'dildo money' saved for when a pretty drop happens, and the "real size" thing will be really nice to get a better idea of sizing.
whitedaykitten

Postby whitedaykitten » Sat Aug 12, 2017 4:47 am

oh wow, we just watched the video about it!
it looks wonderful. i can say it'll be quite the change, but not unwelcome!

gift cards... and the furry button, haha. looks great, bd!
Image hello
Sitahl

Postby Sitahl » Sat Aug 12, 2017 5:00 am

Hoping there is an option to remove the dreadful logo on toys. Seeing wrongfully discontinued color layouts return would be nice, too.
Kiran

Postby Kiran » Sat Aug 12, 2017 5:29 am

I wonder what will be the promotion when the website will launch. They are announcing it on the promo page. If there is something worth it on custom, I might flinch instead of waiting for Christmas :stick:
kierogonal

Postby kierogonal » Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:28 am

The new website looks amazing. Very modern looking and with useful tools i'd have never even dreamed of.

I am so excited for this, cannot wait
Collection:
► Show Spoiler
blushingkitten

Postby blushingkitten » Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:20 am

TeOzMaC wrote:Hoping there is an option to remove the dreadful logo on toys. Seeing wrongfully discontinued color layouts return would be nice, too.

They would need to make new molds for the logos to be removed... Seems like something that won't happen.
New Discord server for the discussion of toys with a moderated secondhand section. Silicone Soirée
Vitani

Postby Vitani » Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:42 am

I like the new Website, and especially the 3D modeler thing <3333 It's something I was hoping BD would implement for a long time now!

My ONLY (minor) gripe, would be how BIG the pictures are in the shop page that lists all the toys. It's kinda dizzying, and hard to look at. I prefer seeing most of them at once to browse, but otherwise...love it!
Fae Fantase

Re: Really fucking excited!

Postby Fae Fantase » Sat Aug 12, 2017 12:14 pm

dasadevil wrote:okay maybe its not exactly the best thing but i told everybody to give the "new direction" a chance and that we will be coming back to our roots soon enough

WELP

furry.jpg

echo.jpg

Thanks for making this optional :widesmile:! I'm not one for the characters/stories. I imagine my toys as humanoid monsters/demons/half elves/other mostly human personal characters. This gives us non fuzzy/furry folks an option too now.
I've sold toys to over 17 different homes.
PerfectlyNormal

Re: Really fucking excited!

Postby PerfectlyNormal » Sat Aug 12, 2017 2:31 pm

dasadevil wrote:okay maybe its not exactly the best thing but i told everybody to give the "new direction" a chance and that we will be coming back to our roots soon enough

WELP
-snop-

This was something that had me worried watching the video. Glad to see this stuff is still there and accounted for. It's a much better compromise than just sorta… tucking the art in the back and all that.

The site itself looks pretty slick, too, though I always thought the current one was perfectly functional. The new features are certainly justifiable, more than just fancy looking bloat for sure. I just hope the new site keeps things simple and functional.
Collection ⤵
► Show Spoiler
Grimly Fiendish

Postby Grimly Fiendish » Sat Aug 12, 2017 4:01 pm

Saromel wrote:The new website really looks good, I just hope you don't forget to put a link to the forums

And a link from the forums to the website! If there is one, I don't see it. Whenever I want to look at toys while reading the forum, I have to re-type the address. It should link in both directions.
Grimly Fiendish

Postby Grimly Fiendish » Sat Aug 12, 2017 4:08 pm

Vitani wrote:
My ONLY (minor) gripe, would be how BIG the pictures are in the shop page that lists all the toys. It's kinda dizzying, and hard to look at. I prefer seeing most of them at once to browse, but otherwise...love it!

Same... it's nice to see multiple toys at once, one of the things I like about the current product page (small thumbnail pics for an overview of the products). Anything that speeds up navigation is good (and small thumbnail pics do this, IMO).

The 3D views look cool, especially with the ability to view in 3D with custom colors. Yay!
CrazyWanker

Postby CrazyWanker » Sat Aug 12, 2017 5:12 pm

I'm super excited about the redesign! It'll help out customers a lot.
Tempest

Postby Tempest » Sat Aug 12, 2017 5:14 pm

Of COURSE the UF is going to be re-named Archer, now that Lana has joined the toy lineup...

I like the look of the new site! Having a simple checkbox to toggle furry content on and off is a good compromise between the people who would miss it if it were gone and the people who don't like it. The 3D toy preview looks great (it does work with custom colors, right?) and mobile-friendly is always a plus.

Overall yeah, very excited to see the new site roll out.
Full collection and wish list in profile!
Current faves: L/5 Flint, Boss Hogg XXL
Dick fund status: depleted
Hoofs_N_Horns

Postby Hoofs_N_Horns » Sat Aug 12, 2017 5:51 pm

Screamy wrote:But..
I'm just not sure what to think about them naming the Ultimate Fantasy Archer and having a sleeve named Lana. Like, it's funny but at the same time I'm just "jfc why"
I guess it's more because Archer isn't really a character I'd ever consider fantasizing about but that's really just me.

And then people like me have no clue what those names are supposed to mean :widesmile:
Penetrables comparison: here
Akanisen

Postby Akanisen » Sat Aug 12, 2017 5:58 pm

Hoofs_N_Horns wrote:
Screamy wrote:But..
I'm just not sure what to think about them naming the Ultimate Fantasy Archer and having a sleeve named Lana. Like, it's funny but at the same time I'm just "jfc why"
I guess it's more because Archer isn't really a character I'd ever consider fantasizing about but that's really just me.

And then people like me have no clue what those names are supposed to mean :widesmile:

Archer and Lana are two of the main character from the show Archer.
ImageImage Image "Ignorance is bliss. But bliss is boring." ~Bill Cipher Image ImageImage
Akanisen

Postby Akanisen » Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:44 pm

Fruityrumpusasshole wrote:And then people like me, who don't give a shit what a dildo style is named after :mystery:

yuzupo

Postby yuzupo » Sun Aug 13, 2017 4:23 am

I'm so excited to play with all the new options on the site all day, every day until it would finally get old. The new names for toys will be interesting, though. A lot of tagging will be broken for new/old era, but that's minor for how nice this will all be. Credit card sizing examples and 3d rotation AND colour simulator?!? Fuck my liiife I hope they release something new I'd be up to trying just so I can have fun with the new ordering process. Looks great!

Rowan has a really calming voice for a horse, tbh. :misc12:
Beastial

Postby Beastial » Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:38 am

*wriggles* it looks so great! I'm SUPER excited about the Real Size deal, that's gonna help a ton of us.

Return to “General Discussion”