New Website discussion Thread

Discuss anything related to Bad Dragon here!
ImagineToothless

Re: New Website discussion Thread

Postby ImagineToothless » Mon Aug 21, 2017 4:02 pm

The forums are part of what keeps me coming back to BD for more. They keep me excited. Without the forums, I feel like I'd drift a lot more from BD - hell, if it weren't for the forums, I wouldn't even own as many toys as I already do...
Toy Collection:
► Show Spoiler

I take art commissions!
Regular Art: http://twitter.com/Marblefang
NSFW Art: http://twitter.com/MarblefangAD
ImagineToothless

Postby ImagineToothless » Mon Aug 21, 2017 4:11 pm

Phelvia wrote:
QueenCheetah93 wrote:Terms - This goes along with the above. I don't have as much as a problem with "dildos"... but masturbators? Really? Insertables and penetrables were good descriptive terms that also were very trans and non-binary inclusive. Again, it reads really "sex store" now. I think you guys have been to one too many fetish cons. Not even the kink community talks like this.

Personally I like insertables and penetrables. It sounded neutral. I hate the word dildo and even more, "masturbators". Who knows, maybe this was part of the collab with Kink.com, because, as I said before, the wording on BD is like a low key version now.

I started buying from here because of how tasteful everything was. The layout didn't scream "WE SELL KINKY FANTASY TOYS" or "FETISH MATERIAL HERE". It didn't make me feel uncomfortable with the toys wording, by extenuating "this is a sex toy". It had a story, and for me at least, I liked it. Because I didn't feel like I was being told out right I was buying a "naughty sex toy for kinky bedroom stuff".

But eh, maybe a year ago I would've been mad at all this. Anyone that remembers me would know. I've kinda accepted that Bad Dragon isn't going to go back to it's roots. It's never going to be like it used to with how unique and proud BD was to show off it's fantasy toys and not hide the fact it was a furry company. They've gotten a bigger audience and want to appeal to types that view their toys as fetishes, not fantasies. Probably why the forum link isn't on the website now. Or how it looks like they're trying so hard to hide they were once a furry company (all the pictures are edited to say (name) instead of (name) the (species). Who knows. Sure, I'm disappointed, but eh, like I said, BD is moving on from what they were once.

This. All of this.
Toy Collection:
► Show Spoiler

I take art commissions!
Regular Art: http://twitter.com/Marblefang
NSFW Art: http://twitter.com/MarblefangAD
Amaranthe

Postby Amaranthe » Mon Aug 21, 2017 4:58 pm

So the "About Us" page still says "Bad Dragon is unique in offering extensive customization of its products; every toy is available in a choice of colors and firmnesses as well as custom color options- something which is not offered anywhere else in the adult industry."
That just isn't true anymore. Needs updated!
lolnope

Postby lolnope » Mon Aug 21, 2017 5:02 pm

I searched for the word "Second" and didn't find it discussed; if the forums are actually shut down, what's going to happen with the second hand trade. I know that it's not BD's problem, they don't directly profit from any of the sales that happen there. But, I always felt like it helped newbies get in if they thought they could purchase a used toy and try it out before moving on to getting one from the company. I also felt it said something about the product, that it was good enough people weren't just throwing it away if they didn't use it anymore (I mean, cost probs factored in there as well). Any plans to make a tumblr or something for selling? One of the things I really liked about the Second Hand here was that there was also a section for other company's stuff.
Female | Attached | 1 Werewolf Dong
Fae Fantase

Postby Fae Fantase » Mon Aug 21, 2017 5:05 pm

Amaranthe wrote:So the "About Us" page still says "Bad Dragon is unique in offering extensive customization of its products; every toy is available in a choice of colors and firmnesses as well as custom color options- something which is not offered anywhere else in the adult industry."
That just isn't true anymore. Needs updated!

Oof yep. Almost all fantasy toy companies are offering that. I think a few main stream ones are too nowadays? They should focus on the cum tube option..only 2 or 3 other companies offer that. And BD may be the only one using silicone for their tubing. Their cum lube too that has no sugars like most cum like lubes do.
I've sold toys to over 17 different homes.
Smolder

Postby Smolder » Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:29 pm

What gets to me is the severe lack of color options. I design my toys based on characters of mine. so no matter how many pretty pre-made combos there are available, they seldom suit what I want, and the custom color choices have been absolutely choked. Eliminating the hex color option in favor of a miniscule selection of color tones is.. not too exciting. I don't want to have to chance my luck with bugging CS just for a color, of all things. I'm not even that picky with how precise it turns out. My custom color austin I ordered a few months ago was supposed to have a pale cream base and it turned out more of a light dusty silver, but it still looks very close to what I wanted, so I was happy still. Unless they add more color options to the custom color menu, I don't know if I will be buying from BD again any time soon.
Fae Fantase

Postby Fae Fantase » Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:43 pm

Smolder wrote:What gets to me is the severe lack of color options. I design my toys based on characters of mine. so no matter how many pretty pre-made combos there are available, they seldom suit what I want, and the custom color choices have been absolutely choked. Eliminating the hex color option in favor of a miniscule selection of color tones is.. not too exciting. I don't want to have to chance my luck with bugging CS just for a color, of all things. I'm not even that picky with how precise it turns out. My custom color austin I ordered a few months ago was supposed to have a pale cream base and it turned out more of a light dusty silver, but it still looks very close to what I wanted, so I was happy still. Unless they add more color options to the custom color menu, I don't know if I will be buying from BD again any time soon.

Customers can't get custom colors on a scale/based on hex code any longer? I haven't tried to make a fully custom color. Only looked at base/single not custom color prices.
I've sold toys to over 17 different homes.
TheOtherDude

Postby TheOtherDude » Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:17 am

Nope. CS has told me (in different words) you can now only pick from that color table for anything custom, plus any components of complex colors that they are offering or have offered.

I might have understood this wrong. Ticket them specifically about this before you give up.
Last edited by TheOtherDude on Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cosmic Nebula & Infinity Star
Worshipper of shiny space horse dick
19 pegs / 6 holes / stash of merch & misc

► Show Spoiler
HungryStray

Postby HungryStray » Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:47 am

TheOtherDude wrote:Nope. CS has told me (in different words) you can now only pick from that color table for anything custom, plus any components of complex colors that they are offering or have offered.

I can see how this would really suck for anybody looking for something really specific, but it does greatly reduce the amount of color inconsistencies that require repours. On the other side of the same coin, the specialty colors they have produced has nearly every shade anyone could ask for. All of my toys, save the adopted ones have all been modeled with their existing color pallet.
Soooo... I'm doing reviews now! http://doeadeert.tumblr.com/

"Oh bliss! Bliss and heaven! Oh, it was gorgeousness and gorgeousity made flesh. It was like a bird of rarest-spun heaven metal or like silvery wine flowing in a spaceship, gravity all nonsense now. As I slooshied, I knew such lovely pictures!" Alex (Malcolm McDowell)

Controversy is the seeds of change and enlightenment. The fruits we harvest today will be the compost of tomorrow.
Smolder

Postby Smolder » Tue Aug 22, 2017 4:58 am

If I was looking for bright blues, neon greens, or other cheery colors, there is certainly plenty. However, many of the colors both present and past aren't even close to the kinds of colors I want (and therefore my character inspirations bear), unfortunately for me. All I can do now is cling to the hope of them adding more standard color choices, or maybe lucking out and a special color comes out that closely enough resembles what I want. I'm not looking for high precision, I'm looking for a vague color family. All it has to do is at least sort of match what I'm envisioning.
I am probably in the minority here, but I did want to voice my disappointment at this. I do have a few other issues with the new site, but most have been said time and time again before me and I didn't want to add to the pile.

I do want to also say that I don't think "snep" is a good name at all for poor snow leopard. It's not cute, if that's what the goal was. Very minor nitpick, but I love snow leopards and for whatever reason they seem to get the short end of the stick quite often here.
Nyan

Postby Nyan » Tue Aug 22, 2017 6:35 am

TheOtherDude wrote:Nope. CS has told me (in different words) you can now only pick from that color table for anything custom, plus any components of complex colors that they are offering or have offered.

It's strange, why would they write "Don't see the colors you want? Contact support." above the color table then?
English is not my native language, please forgive my mistakes~
TheOtherDude

Postby TheOtherDude » Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:44 am

I might have understood it wrong then, but it sounded like that to me. Only way to find out is try ticketing for some specific hex colors I guess...

► Show Spoiler
Akanisen

Postby Akanisen » Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:02 pm

I might have understood this wrong. Ticket them specifically about this before you give up.

Why don't you just copy paste what they told you so we can read it ourselves and see how we interpret it? Cause from my understanding they stopped the specific hex codes cause people were so picky. But if you were to send them, say a mock up of what you want, they could run with that without promising a specific hex code precise colour.
ImageImage Image "Ignorance is bliss. But bliss is boring." ~Bill Cipher Image ImageImage
reine

Postby reine » Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:19 pm

BD's monitor settings seem to be very... blue, or something. I've seen people order purple/red toys that have turned out blue or indigo, or olive green toys that turned out a bluish forest green. I get that everyone's monitors are different, but when dozens of people say "this isn't what I ordered" and their hex swatches don't match their toy(s), I feel like BD should maybe tweak their RBG settings a little...

All of my hex code customs have ended up being much bluer than I'd wanted (ie. ordered a yellow-green to warm teal fade with a dark brown base; got a green to blue fade with a grey base), so I stopped ordering hex code customs. :nerdy:

But I digress, haha.
I just ticketed to ask if we can ticket for hex codes, and if we can still order customs from previous promo colours (ie. a Jupiter and Diamond split).

edit: Got a response to my ticket!

Elise wrote:It is our hope to provide our customers with a wide range of beautiful colors that we can produce reliably, with fewer discrepancies from our previews or your expectations. We're not able to offer custom hex codes, but we are more than happy to offer custom colorations with colors we've made in the past, like a Peridot green to Night Sky (Halloween Black) fade, or a marble of the tip color from Vasu's Signature with Meteor Impact, or many other combinations of colors we've offered! Just let us know what you have in mind, and our Customer Service team will help you find the colors you'd like for your toy!

Thanks!

So no more custom hex codes, but they do still offer combinations of site colours! That's good, at least.

Side note: When did Halloween Black get its name changed to Night Sky? :mystery:
Love? Love fades away. But Bad Dragons? Bad Dragons are forever.
thesharkwhisperer

Postby thesharkwhisperer » Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:23 pm

Given all the "monitor problems" that happened where BD had to repour toys, I can understand why they would get rid of that to avoid future possible problems.
History nerd - Dino lover - Pokémon - HUBBADUH
Faffy the FauxFox

Postby Faffy the FauxFox » Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:19 pm

oh so you can't request a "just as long as that is any kind of cheddar cheese orange, and not lemon yellow, or burnt siena

more "in the ball park" colors. like getting the crayon box.

"please give us dandelion as crayola discontinued it"

or a "what happens if you mix 50-50 of neon red and violet?"

"the grey is not dark enough"
Last edited by Faffy the FauxFox on Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
__________________________________________________________________________________
underwear is a hug for your butt
TheOtherDude

Postby TheOtherDude » Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:25 pm

I think together with the color components that make up all the past sale colorations and current signature/natural colors on all the toys, the palette to choose from is already quite big. Not perfect though, yes, there are some holes.

But what really is needed is some sort of central place where you can check out the promo images of past sale colors so you can see what is there and get an idea how the components look like in the first place. Preferably with some sort of categorization by which you can search, e.g. put in queries like "show me all the purple-ish tones (and past sale colors that have purple components)". Or at least a list sorted by hue (with many duplicate entries on the list as most sale colors have more than one component).

► Show Spoiler
Amaranthe

Postby Amaranthe » Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:39 pm

TheOtherDude wrote:I think together with the color components that make up all the past sale colorations and current signature/natural colors on all the toys, the palette to choose from is already quite big. Not perfect though, yes, there are some holes.

But what really is needed is some sort of central place where you can check out the promo images of past sale colors so you can see what is there and get an idea how the components look like in the first place. Preferably with some sort of categorization by which you can search, e.g. put in queries like "show me all the purple-ish tones (and past sale colors that have purple components)". Or at least a list sorted by hue (with many duplicate entries on the list as most sale colors have more than one component).

This would be amazing! There have been so many color promos, we need some sort of functioning gallery now more than ever. Also since Halloween Black is apparently a standard choice now, I wonder if they'll come out with a new Halloween color? :smilenox:
I'm kinda upset about the further limitations on customs, but I can see why they did it. I bet it's a lot easier and faster to just stick to working with colors you have formulas for rather than trying to do color matching. I do love coming up with new colors based on what's already out there though, so I guess it's fine. :unamused:

edited to ask: Does anyone know if you can ticket saying "I'd like x color" without a hex code? Like, whether they would recommend possible past colors that would fit, or help you come up with a color that you like? Say I wanted a medium green. Could I still get that, or is it totally limited to what's already offered?
TheOtherDude

Postby TheOtherDude » Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:49 pm

Question is: Where is the medium green from? If they have done that color as a non-rogue color in the past, I think you can get it.

And you can totally get suggestions for colors that might fit your rough description or even just what they think might fit! Elise does some great work there.

► Show Spoiler
Amaranthe

Postby Amaranthe » Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:26 pm

TheOtherDude wrote:Question is: Where is the medium green from? If they have done that color as a non-rogue color in the past, I think you can get it.

And you can totally get suggestions for colors that might fit your rough description or even just what they think might fit! Elise does some great work there.

Oh, right. I was just wondering if they would do any sort of true custom colors anymore if they didn't already have something in the lineup close to what you wanted, but I guess it doesn't matter too much unless you're looking for something pretty specific. :dukeretro: I know people have gotten suggestions before, so I hope that part of CS gets even better now! There are so many combinations of colors to try out :smile:

edited to add can your order aurora colors now since it's technically a color they've had in the past

Return to “General Discussion”