New Website discussion Thread

Discuss anything related to Bad Dragon here!
User avatar
Villie
Posts: 1159
Joined: Thu Dec 26, 2013 6:09 pm
Gender: Bisexual Pusséy

Re: New Website discussion Thread

Postby Villie » Tue Nov 28, 2017 5:31 am

Kami123 wrote:I don't get it. Why don't they give us an update on the forums situation? Why don't they just tell us that the forums are abandoned by the staff (no link, no search engine entry) and will be defunct soon? Why don't they just tell us right in our faces what is going on or what is planned for this place? What keeps them from telling us the truth about everything, about the Second Hand area closure, the removal of links to hide the existence of these forums, the BD labs state?
Just tell us the truth. Once.

My Cyber Monday purchase this year might be my final penetrable from BD. The forums helped me and many others a lot and were a safe haven for the 'lewd' part of us. I cannot write about my kink anywhere else. BD forums are / were the place for me. Seeing the forums die also means seeing my activity / my will to buy BD penetrables fade.

I know the staff is very busy at the moment. I will not argue against that.
However, there is a word for what the staff does to us in german: "Hinhaltetaktik" - delaying tactics.

They DID recently post here on the forums looking for feedback on the BD labs, and are planning on remaking them or revamping it or whatever.

I know I saw someone posting that they heard the forums are gonna be updated too, but I haven't actually seen that be said by a staff member, so I dunno.

I wish it was more clear what was going on, haha.
seeking: SBF medium yuri, EA neo
selling: a bunch on DM & DH
PM me! Image
User avatar
Pasdebol
Posts: 85
Joined: Sat Jun 03, 2017 4:37 am
Gender: Male

Re: New Website discussion Thread

Postby Pasdebol » Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:13 am

Hello.

I've not yet given my opinion on this new website.
I like it. It's more modern that previous version. :cool:
There are many interresting modifications.

But I'd like to see some improvements like:
  • A link to the forum
  • "Adoption and Rescue" instead of Clearance (rescue for flops ;) )
  • Size chart should be directly visible (under the pictures?)
  • Suction cup and cumtube in the same page and not as a popup when adding to cart
► Show Spoiler
User avatar
thesharkwhisperer
Posts: 1493
Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2013 4:23 am
Location: Belgium

Re: New Website discussion Thread

Postby thesharkwhisperer » Tue Nov 28, 2017 5:17 pm

Kami123 wrote: What keeps them from telling us the truth about everything, about the Second Hand area closure, the removal of links to hide the existence of these forums, the BD labs state?

There is a thread going on asking for feedback on revamping the labs. Also there is still Reddit and Dragon Hoard. I am sure there are many Discords around as well.

Pasdebol wrote:Hello.

I've not yet given my opinion on this new website.
I like it. It's more modern that previous version. :cool:

I like it better as well :smile: What I do miss is the can comparison pictures. Sure a size chart is useful ( when the sizes listed are correct :eyeroll: ) but nothing beats a good visual you know.
History nerd - Dino lover - Pokémon - HUBBADUH
User avatar
LittleRedVixen
Posts: 215
Joined: Thu Aug 24, 2017 3:47 am
Gender: female
Location: Germany

Re: New Website discussion Thread

Postby LittleRedVixen » Wed Nov 29, 2017 1:56 am

thesharkwhisperer wrote:
I like it better as well :smile: What I do miss is the can comparison pictures. Sure a size chart is useful ( when the sizes listed are correct :eyeroll: ) but nothing beats a good visual you know.


There is always the "actual size tool". It helps me alot when I compare toys I have with toys I want :widesmile:

I never saw the old webside so I can't compare but I like the one I know. I only wish there was a possibility to search for a certain toy instead of scrolling through
"Does running out of f*cks count as cardio?"

ImageImage
User avatar
Chloride
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Oct 03, 2013 11:38 am
Gender: Male

Re: New Website discussion Thread

Postby Chloride » Sun Jan 07, 2018 7:04 am

Well I guess I may as well post after lurking this long.

From a graphic design standpoint, I think the new site is definitely an improvement. The old site wasn't bad per se, but it was pretty static in an era of more dynamic web design.

I am a little disappointed in the new direction that BD is taking, though. I was surprised by the name changes, and more surprised that the furry content has completely disappeared unless you're logged in and have it enabled. I know a lot of people have posted about this, so I won't really rehash it. I do have to wonder if BD, in expanding into newer non-furry markets, has found the fandom to be of diminishing importance, or worse, a liability that turns off potential non-furry customers. Removing the link to the forums might be an offshoot of that (seeing as many, if not most, of the people here are from that fandom, as opposed to the Reddit, which seems to be mostly non-furry?), or perhaps just an attempt to better control their brand image without worrying about us plebians causing an uproar on their own site.

Overall, it's an understandable course of action, but a disappointing one nonetheless. It's not the BD I discovered way back in 2010, but I can't really be too upset or surprised by that. If they feel they can expand beyond the niche of the furry market, then more power too them. Newer, smaller manufacturers now occupy that role, just as BD did years ago.
User avatar
SweetieKat
Posts: 123
Joined: Sun Mar 16, 2014 7:06 pm
Gender: Female
Location: NEPA

Re: New Website discussion Thread

Postby SweetieKat » Fri Mar 09, 2018 5:33 am

I would love to see an option added to each toy product page to add gold or silver dazzle on a custom color, rather than having to ticket/contact customer support. I'm like Fluttershy, I hate to be a bother. :misc6:
:misc1: :nerdy: Toy list in my profile, I've done a few reviews. Current Favorites: Royal Dragon, Terra
User avatar
Thomas Reid
Posts: 11
Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2018 7:50 am
Gender: male

Re: New Website discussion Thread

Postby Thomas Reid » Sun Apr 01, 2018 8:20 am

SweetieKat wrote:I would love to see an option added to each toy product page to add gold or silver dazzle on a custom color, rather than having to ticket/contact customer support. I'm like Fluttershy, I hate to be a bother. :misc6:

Hi horse person. :widesmile:

So you can get that done but have to ask? Lovely to know that.
As for myself i do like the design but certainly didnt enjoy the idea of hiding the awesome art. So it tends to end up being a mixed bag for me.
User avatar
SweetieKat
Posts: 123
Joined: Sun Mar 16, 2014 7:06 pm
Gender: Female
Location: NEPA

Re: New Website discussion Thread

Postby SweetieKat » Sun Apr 01, 2018 11:09 am

Thomas Reid wrote:
SweetieKat wrote:I would love to see an option added to each toy product page to add gold or silver dazzle on a custom color, rather than having to ticket/contact customer support. I'm like Fluttershy, I hate to be a bother. :misc6:

Hi horse person. :widesmile:

So you can get that done but have to ask? Lovely to know that.
As for myself i do like the design but certainly didnt enjoy the idea of hiding the awesome art. So it tends to end up being a mixed bag for me.


Howdy, fellow horse person! :cool: Hmm, they need a Bumble emoji.

Seriously, every color looks better with glittery dazzle. Different color choices of dazzle would also be awesome!
:misc1: :nerdy: Toy list in my profile, I've done a few reviews. Current Favorites: Royal Dragon, Terra
User avatar
Bye Curiosity
Posts: 178
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2018 7:15 am
Gender: Female
Location: West Virginia
Contact:

Re: New Website discussion Thread

Postby Bye Curiosity » Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:57 am

I’m gonna have to be a bummer and say I wasn’t that excited for the changes. I mean, I don’t completely hate it, but the 3D scale? The “actual sizing thing”? They really screwed me over and made it VERY hard to find the right size. I miss the multiple photos and the soda can comparisons..... :crying:
My collection was starting to get too big for this, so I moved it to my profile, but my other two lists are below.

► Show Spoiler


See this? :misc13: I wish this color scheme for this tentacle would come back!, :crying:
User avatar
hamsterdam
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2015 2:03 pm
Gender: Developer
Contact:

Re: New Website discussion Thread

Postby hamsterdam » Sun Jan 27, 2019 12:46 am

Bye Curiosity wrote:I’m gonna have to be a bummer and say I wasn’t that excited for the changes. I mean, I don’t completely hate it, but the 3D scale? The “actual sizing thing”? They really screwed me over and made it VERY hard to find the right size. I miss the multiple photos and the soda can comparisons..... :crying:


Pssssst, the soda cans are back!
User avatar
Bye Curiosity
Posts: 178
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2018 7:15 am
Gender: Female
Location: West Virginia
Contact:

Re: New Website discussion Thread

Postby Bye Curiosity » Mon Jan 28, 2019 6:50 pm

hamsterdam wrote:
Bye Curiosity wrote:I’m gonna have to be a bummer and say I wasn’t that excited for the changes. I mean, I don’t completely hate it, but the 3D scale? The “actual sizing thing”? They really screwed me over and made it VERY hard to find the right size. I miss the multiple photos and the soda can comparisons..... :crying:


Pssssst, the soda cans are back!


:widesmile: :widesmile: :widesmile: :widesmile: :widesmile: I know, I’m so excited!
My collection was starting to get too big for this, so I moved it to my profile, but my other two lists are below.

► Show Spoiler


See this? :misc13: I wish this color scheme for this tentacle would come back!, :crying:
User avatar
SparkyRaegun
Posts: 88
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2018 12:34 pm
Gender: Female / Asexual
Location: USA

Re: New Website discussion Thread

Postby SparkyRaegun » Wed Jun 05, 2019 9:31 pm

Honestly I like the soda can comparisons because they make it a lot easier. It's way more subtle too.

I do second that above though, having an option of adding silver/gold dazzle or even knowing what OTHER things could be added, like I know I have a lil vibe who is a blue/green iridescence (however I don't actually know if that's supported as a request) or if other iridescences are possible (purple/pink?) or sparkles for that matter or special effects.. That'd be nice and might cut back on the number of tickets they have to pay attention to, but they might not do it for the sake of not having to worry about people not knowing what the highlight over the toy means or per say what a dazzle might look like and might make things too confusing for newcomers. I think that's why they don't label the clearance as "Adoptions" even though all of us who are extra familiar know it's essentially adoptions uwu
Feel free to PM me!
My Toys ;
► Show Spoiler
Guys good news- I didn't have to sell both kidneys for a Beta Shark! Only one! :misc7: :laugh:

Return to “General Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 19 guests