New Toy! Let's talk about Diego!!

Discuss anything related to Bad Dragon here!
Anaphora

Re: New Toy! Let's talk about Diego!!

Postby Anaphora » Sat Aug 26, 2017 6:24 am

I like the girth of Diego, but I was really hoping for more detail as the last few toys haven't had that much detailing to them. :sniffing:

I might pick one up if the perfect adoption drops, but I'm not in love. I do like the art though!
marshmarshmarsh

Postby marshmarshmarsh » Sat Aug 26, 2017 6:37 am

While I'm not gonna buy this personally- it's a canine, and the proportions are a little off for me, and there's a logo- I am SO over the moon that this story includes EXPLICIT CONSENT. Yessssss.

AND I like the fact that it's a canine with balls, for variety. (The only toys in that niche are Bruiser (ish), Dante, EE Werewolf, and Craiwulf) And that it has some fur definition and a smooth shaft- I can't buy the textured toys at all.

The art's p good too. A+ for presentation all-round, even if the toy isn't my thing.
seeking: Jollies Jollie
selling: Bazel, Pyxis. PM if interested!
Flavr

Postby Flavr » Sat Aug 26, 2017 8:25 am

I really like it, it seems about the same size as large Echo which I like to use when pushing myself to the limits. I like the fact that the shaft is also thick and the knot is not that huge, even when using only the shaft you'll feel it properly. Some of the knotted toys are just too thin on the shaft for me to enjoy. :D

I'll be waiting to find a pretty special pour on clearance and then snatch one to my collection.
reine

Postby reine » Sat Aug 26, 2017 8:52 am

Even though I'm not that big on the model (too glassy/cartoony for me), I have to say that Diego's story is a definite improvement! :widesmile: Reminds me more of BD's old stories-- still describes the toy you're looking at, but isn't written like a sleazy sales pitch.
Love? Love fades away. But Bad Dragons? Bad Dragons are forever.
Apollo

Postby Apollo » Sat Aug 26, 2017 8:59 am

While this model is more appealing to me than Rex, and I was tempted at first to get one, I then noticed that suction cups are not an option, which is a deal breaker. Alot of the toys that I might be interested in are not suction cup compatible, which some people might see as a necessity, and it's just kinda disheartening. I wish there were ways for Flint, Echo and the like to have that option.
KnotyDes

Postby KnotyDes » Sat Aug 26, 2017 9:49 am

Apollo wrote:While this model is more appealing to me than Rex, and I was tempted at first to get one, I then noticed that suction cups are not an option, which is a deal breaker. Alot of the toys that I might be interested in are not suction cup compatible, which some people might see as a necessity, and it's just kinda disheartening. I wish there were ways for Flint, Echo and the like to have that option.

yes flint and echo are two toys that need SC's to ride.

i manage to pick up an XL in firm we'll see how that works out, but this is probably going to be a difficult toy to ride. I like it on my back so it not going to be as much of an issue for me. it would have been nice to have a SC on it though.
My collection
► Show Spoiler
HungryStray

Postby HungryStray » Sat Aug 26, 2017 11:25 am

KnotyDes wrote:
Apollo wrote:While this model is more appealing to me than Rex, and I was tempted at first to get one, I then noticed that suction cups are not an option, which is a deal breaker. Alot of the toys that I might be interested in are not suction cup compatible, which some people might see as a necessity, and it's just kinda disheartening. I wish there were ways for Flint, Echo and the like to have that option.

yes flint and echo are two toys that need SC's to ride.

i manage to pick up an XL in firm we'll see how that works out, but this is probably going to be a difficult toy to ride. I like it on my back so it not going to be as much of an issue for me. it would have been nice to have a SC on it though.

I can't speak for Echo, but Flint doesn't absolutely need an SC. I manage by pinning the balls down with my palms. I'll use a hand towel or dry washcloth sometimes if they're a little too slick. There are other ways people have managed to make him rideable, like straps around the bases and a pillow. You may also try a large double sided suction cup from an online retailer.
Soooo... I'm doing reviews now! http://doeadeert.tumblr.com/

"Oh bliss! Bliss and heaven! Oh, it was gorgeousness and gorgeousity made flesh. It was like a bird of rarest-spun heaven metal or like silvery wine flowing in a spaceship, gravity all nonsense now. As I slooshied, I knew such lovely pictures!" Alex (Malcolm McDowell)

Controversy is the seeds of change and enlightenment. The fruits we harvest today will be the compost of tomorrow.
Apollo

Postby Apollo » Sat Aug 26, 2017 12:33 pm

I know that there are alternative options to BD having a sc available on every toy, but for convenience sake and such, I don't see why they would design something without having one of the requirements be sc compatibility. Though this does not apply to me, I can also see SC being an important option for people with disabilities.
Fredde

Postby Fredde » Sat Aug 26, 2017 12:35 pm

I really like it, looks really "cartoony", as has been pointed out already :smile:
Dunno how far up on my "to buy" list he'll be, but he is certainly on it :smilenox:
Edit: the simple fact that it is a knotted toy with balls is a big plus for me, aesthetically anyway.
"The absence of light
Breeds and altered reality
Faithful and familiar" - from Zero Gravity by Wolfheart
FoxyCatZaam

Postby FoxyCatZaam » Sat Aug 26, 2017 1:00 pm

I really really like Diego :smile: I'm rather bummed out that I can't make an order right now, because he's right at the top of my list! I really like the 'natural' coloration for him too.
dismalfate

Postby dismalfate » Sat Aug 26, 2017 2:02 pm

We were able to snag a Medium/Soft flop in a pretty blue marble that has a cumtube, and what appears to be a suction cup. I'll find out when it gets here, but we're both super excited!
Our Collection
► Show Spoiler
Moldtomato

Postby Moldtomato » Sat Aug 26, 2017 4:30 pm

Like the cartoony look of it and I love how beginner friendly it seems. Size wise also perfect for people that can't take large and long versions. Wish he was there before Rex. As much as like Rex(my favourite toy right now), the realistic look often makes me feel guilty(even though I got him in a very unrealistic color).

Ordered a mini and I'm curious how he will feel!
Tempest

Postby Tempest » Sat Aug 26, 2017 4:42 pm

I like him. Visually he strikes a good balance between being detailed and cartoony, and the balls are actually not bad.

Size-wise, I think he'll work well for me in XL. 9 inches usable length is challenging but manageable and a 12 inch knot is filling without being too much of a stretch. I like the girth in the shaft too. I've had my eye on Cole for a while but been leery because L Cole wasn't quite big enough but XL Cole looks to be a bit much for me, XL Diego fits nicely in that in-between spot.
Full collection and wish list in profile!
Current faves: L/5 Flint, Boss Hogg XXL
Dick fund status: depleted
TJ_Vinny

Postby TJ_Vinny » Sat Aug 26, 2017 4:53 pm

Diggin' the Diego the Direwolf the Dildo.

Although from the artwork, I was getting more "Armello" vibes than "GoT", but that's probably because I don't watch GoT. Don't kill me pls
Well, people compare Armello to a GoT game with animals, but I don't know anything about GoT's Story.

I like the fur coloration with the natural. The shape does remind me of a fatter Austin with Guardian's/Gunner's balls.

Just added this to my wishlist!
Collection:
► Show Spoiler

Wishlist:
► Show Spoiler
vixenvega

Postby vixenvega » Sat Aug 26, 2017 4:55 pm

Tempest wrote:Size-wise, I think he'll work well for me in XL. 9 inches usable length is challenging but manageable and a 12 inch knot is filling without being too much of a stretch. I like the girth in the shaft too. I've had my eye on Cole for a while but been leery because L Cole wasn't quite big enough but XL Cole looks to be a bit much for me, XL Diego fits nicely in that in-between spot.

This is me, like exactly.
I think the XL will be a good step up from my XL Fenrir.
AriesCat

Postby AriesCat » Sat Aug 26, 2017 8:09 pm

Sadly for me but good for my wallet I'm not a big fan of canines or smooth toys, but with that said I do think he looks cool. I'm glad he seems to be designed to be a vagina-friendly knotted toy, and I love how the balls look. I really like the Echo style balls, even if they're not SC friendly.

Also glad to see the return of story and art!
► Show Spoiler
counterserum

Postby counterserum » Sat Aug 26, 2017 8:52 pm

It's a cute toy though I think I'll have to pass! I could only see myself getting a mini and all the fun color options aren't allowed on the minis. Bleh. 8'(
Moldtomato

Postby Moldtomato » Sat Aug 26, 2017 9:15 pm

^ Feel the same. Sent a ticket and asked if it is possible to add a metallic effect. Hope it works out. Because I saw mini versions that had interesting effects.
roseypearl

Postby roseypearl » Sat Aug 26, 2017 10:09 pm

While I know that balled toys not being SC compatible sucks,and I've even complained about it before, I kind of get it now. I have a Dante from TTC and it has a suction cup base, but it doesn't work well. Don't get me wrong, the base wasn't messed up in any way, it looks perfect,and when pressing the toy on the floor it does indeed work...but only "kind of". If I press it down it sticks,but if the shaft leans/is pulled towards the balls the edge near the top of the shaft lifts up and it unsuctions. Which makes it pretty impossible to use on the wall since the shaft is heavy and hangs down. You *can* turn it upside down so the balls are facing upwards and it works a little better, but only slightly. Not to throw shade at TTC because I'm glad they offer SC on all of their toys, and it was well done, I just don't think suction cups on models like this work regardless. This is my only suction cupped toy so I don't know how other balled SC toys work,but since this one is similar to Dante I don't think a SC would work well on it anyway
Moonblaze64

Postby Moonblaze64 » Sat Aug 26, 2017 10:10 pm

I was wondering about the minis. Hoping theres something cool you can do with it!
Image Image Image

[Toys I Own: S/5 Nox, S/5 Spritz, S/3 Moko, small/3 roland, mini med/5 flint

Return to “General Discussion”