Pumpkin Carving Contest!

Discuss anything related to Bad Dragon here!
grumble

Pumpkin Carving Contest!

Postby grumble » Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:24 am

Is anyone else planning on participating this year? I ordered new carving tools and broke out my linoleum carving tools from printmaking class! I love Halloween and get excited to carve pumpkins every year (sometimes I carve the pumpkin too early and by Halloween it's dead). I plan on doing one for this contest and I am going to attempt a portrait of Hagrid from Harry Potter! I would love to hear what others have planned for non-contest related pumpkins!
Nyan

Re: Pumpkin Carving Contest!

Postby Nyan » Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:33 am

I have yet to decide what I'll sculpt, but I'm in ^_^ !
English is not my native language, please forgive my mistakes~
David Pumpkins
Any questions?

Postby David Pumpkins » Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:50 am

grumble wrote:Is anyone else planning on participating this year? I ordered new carving tools and broke out my linoleum carving tools from printmaking class! I love Halloween and get excited to carve pumpkins every year (sometimes I carve the pumpkin too early and by Halloween it's dead). I plan on doing one for this contest and I am going to attempt a portrait of Hagrid from Harry Potter! I would love to hear what others have planned for non-contest related pumpkins!

Don't forget the rules, the pumpkin must be themed in BD fashion. Hagrid would work, but have him holding a toy perhaps?
- Just ate 40 lbs. of bamboo, time for a nap! ~
ImageTiny Exspectre by Chibity!Image
Nyan

Postby Nyan » Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:18 am

exspectre wrote:Don't forget the rules, the pumpkin must be themed in BD fashion. Hagrid would work, but have him holding a toy perhaps?

Are you sure? I don't see that written in the rules
Phelvia

Postby Phelvia » Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:28 am

Nyan wrote:
exspectre wrote:Don't forget the rules, the pumpkin must be themed in BD fashion. Hagrid would work, but have him holding a toy perhaps?

Are you sure? I don't see that written in the rules

Back To Sales
Pumpkin Carving Contest 2017

Pumpkin Carving Contest 2017
This promotion ends in 15 days

It's that time of year again! That's right, it's time for Bad Dragon's 3rd Annual Pumpkin Carving Contest! Get your tools and carve your best Bad Dragon themed pumpkin. The best entries will win some great prizes. We're so excited to see what you come up with this year!

First place will receive a $200 Bad Dragon gift card!

Second place will receive a $100 Bad Dragon gift card!

Third place will receive a $50 Bad Dragon gift card!

Not to mention exspectre works for BD so I'm pretty sure they know what they're talking about.
Nyan

Postby Nyan » Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:44 am

Phelvia wrote: :words:

So sorry, I didn't know! And I read the page twice and missed it, I guess I'm pretty tired :misc6: :laugh:
karla-chan

Postby karla-chan » Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:41 am

I bought my pumpkin, so I plan on entering! I am so glad there is a thread about this!
Scootaboob

Postby Scootaboob » Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:27 pm

I went and got my pumpkin today because this sounded like fun. The front of it looks really nice and it wasn't until I got home did I notice my pumpkin had a very distinct indent on the backside that unmistakably looks like a butt.

Under the spoiler I made sure to include a picture. :laugh:

► Show Spoiler
''/\_/\''
(''✪.✪'')
> - ^ -<
|_____\
karla-chan

Postby karla-chan » Sun Oct 15, 2017 7:15 am

Scootaboob wrote:I went and got my pumpkin today because this sounded like fun. The front of it looks really nice and it wasn't until I got home did I notice my pumpkin had a very distinct indent on the backside that unmistakably looks like a butt.

Under the spoiler I made sure to include a picture. :laugh:

► Show Spoiler

You need to try and take advantage of such a glorious feature! :widesmile:
grumble

Postby grumble » Mon Oct 16, 2017 4:22 am

Oops bad grammar there, I meant I am doing one for the contest (undisclosed design) and another for myself (hagrid) Two Pumpkins!
submit2u

Postby submit2u » Mon Oct 16, 2017 3:22 pm

Here is my first pumpkin submission. Have a few more planned.
Attachments
1st pumpkin carve bad dragon- light.jpg
1st bad dragon red light.jpg
1st bad dragon yellow light.jpg
karla-chan

Postby karla-chan » Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:00 am

submit2u wrote:Here is my first pumpkin submission. Have a few more planned.

That looks really great! :widesmile:
Rainbow Dasher

Postby Rainbow Dasher » Wed Oct 18, 2017 4:40 pm

I might just give this a go and only because I'm going to assume that it will be the same as last year: Everyone who did something automatically gets 30 in store credit. It wasn't in the rules, they just...did it. I know, I know; it might not follow that same path this year but who knows? Besides, it'll give me an excuse to do something interesting. Oh, and since Halloween isn't really a "thing" down here, I might have to carve a Butternut. =P
Pansexual|Married|Writer|Artist|Foodie|Pegasister|Spiritual|Crafter|Blogger|Adrenaline Junkie|Furry| Owns a lot of fucking dicks.
Nyan

Postby Nyan » Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:47 am

Rainbow Dasher wrote:I might just give this a go and only because I'm going to assume that it will be the same as last year: Everyone who did something automatically gets 30 in store credit. It wasn't in the rules, they just...did it. I know, I know; it might not follow that same path this year but who knows? Besides, it'll give me an excuse to do something interesting. Oh, and since Halloween isn't really a "thing" down here, I might have to carve a Butternut. =P

You may want to try to find a pumpkin, it's the only thing that is allowed in the rules:
No other squash or gourds accepted, entries must be PUMPKINS ONLY!

But I understand, Halloween is not that popular here and I had to search for a looooooooong time before finding mine :bugeyed: !
karla-chan

Postby karla-chan » Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:34 am

Rainbow Dasher wrote:I might just give this a go and only because I'm going to assume that it will be the same as last year: Everyone who did something automatically gets 30 in store credit. It wasn't in the rules, they just...did it. I know, I know; it might not follow that same path this year but who knows? Besides, it'll give me an excuse to do something interesting. Oh, and since Halloween isn't really a "thing" down here, I might have to carve a Butternut. =P

I am going to give this a go, for similar reasons. I know I can't win because it is not as big as thing over here. So I don't have the skills Americans have. However with the art contests I was telling people to give it a go, because taking part is fun. I just didn't have as much spoons to do the pumpkin contest, because I do have huge problems with tiredness.

I was really gutted that I didn't enter though. So I am not going to let it slip by this time! I bought the pumpkin as soon as I found out about the contests, and I am just waiting to when I am thinking I am well enough to give it a go!
Rainbow Dasher

Postby Rainbow Dasher » Thu Oct 19, 2017 4:37 am

Nyan wrote:
You may want to try to find a pumpkin, it's the only thing that is allowed in the rules:

But I understand, Halloween is not that popular here and I had to search for a looooooooong time before finding mine :bugeyed: !

To be fair, they are called butternut *pumpkins* down here. Squash and pumpkin also come from the same family. Limiting it to US only pumpkins is pretty unfair to those in other countries. To find a typical Halloween pumpkin like you would find in the US; I'm not driving 2 - 4 hours to try and find one. Nope. Guess that leaves me out again. Oh well.
Pansexual|Married|Writer|Artist|Foodie|Pegasister|Spiritual|Crafter|Blogger|Adrenaline Junkie|Furry| Owns a lot of fucking dicks.
Slippery-When-Wet

Postby Slippery-When-Wet » Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:30 am

Rainbow Dasher wrote:
Nyan wrote:

To be fair, they are called butternut *pumpkins* down here. Squash and pumpkin also come from the same family. Limiting it to US only pumpkins is pretty unfair to those in other countries. To find a typical Halloween pumpkin like you would find in the US; I'm not driving 2 - 4 hours to try and find one. Nope. Guess that leaves me out again. Oh well.

I really hope we can use different types of pumpkins! I have never, in all my years, seen an orange pumpkin with my own eyes. I don't think they grow in NZ.

You guys are making me want to enter :psyduck:
ImageImage
Rainbow Dasher

Postby Rainbow Dasher » Fri Oct 20, 2017 3:04 pm

Slippery-When-Wet wrote:I really hope we can use different types of pumpkins! I have never, in all my years, seen an orange pumpkin with my own eyes. I don't think they grow in NZ.

You guys are making me want to enter :psyduck:

Tempted to ticket and ask because it really isn't fair to exclude countries that don't grow typical US Halloween pumpkins.

I saw a few last year, at a shop 3 hours away from me. They looked pretty "ew" to be honest. They aren't grown in Australia, either; what the hell do we want with them? Like things not grown here, they are imported. So...may as well say, "US only, unless you get lucky!"

Not sure why I suddenly give such a fuck, lol. I'd be a bit annoyed if they gave out store credit just for entering (again)
this year but only a specific type of pumpkin, one that some of us cannot get, is allowed.
submit2u

Postby submit2u » Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:25 pm

My second submission. Don't like it as much as 1st. But it alright.
Attachments
2nd bd submit yellow.jpg
2nd bd submit red.jpg
submit2u

Postby submit2u » Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:47 pm

carving in real light. 2nd pumpkin carved.
Attachments
IMG_20171020_224216792_HDR[1577].jpg

Return to “General Discussion”