The Shape of Water

Discuss anything related to Bad Dragon here!
ReggyRenegade

The Shape of Water

Postby ReggyRenegade » Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:02 pm

So BD has come out with short term sale colors for a LOT of movies lately, which has me and my partner mussing over whether they'll do a sale color for The Shape of Water next week. Of course, they have a bunch of special colors out right now thanks to the holidays, but if they were ever going to do a movie based color then this one seems like it was made for it, ya know? Honestly one of my first thoughts coming out of an early screening was that I need a merman dick in a fancy color. :widesmile:

So, even if you don't think BD would do a color it, what colors would you choose for a fishman peen? And perhaps more importantly... on what model?
:dukacola: Agender (They/them) ~ Pansexual ~ My heart says 'size queen' but my body says 'minis' :dukacola:
Teenie Weenie Hoarder

► Show Spoiler
Roverseer2
Banhammered

Re: The Shape of Water

Postby Roverseer2 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:58 pm

For model, I think my choice would have to be the... Nereid, I think it was, from Tails and Portholes. After all, it's merman-themed. The others I've seen with similar themes don't look as good to me.
Screamy

Postby Screamy » Sat Dec 16, 2017 10:56 am

Xenocat artifacts has stated a few weeks ago that they will be having a promo colour for shape of water. I love the prince model that they have. That could possibly work as a fishman. They have some other cool models that could work. I think ones called argus?

Tnp's nereid is ok as a merman but its riddled with flaws like most of their toys. (Worst offender being mini Poseidon) Its an ok lifecast but Idk the flaws kinda ruin it for me. Plus the underside scale additions to the lifecast are a little grabby

Personally I would love to see pleasure forges Murloc in a blueish marble. I love that toy and its a really nonstandard shape
All my sex toy data on here is way out of date.
Grimly Fiendish

Postby Grimly Fiendish » Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:53 pm

I'd like to hear other people's ideas for colors on this theme, since some of you have a knack for picking custom colors, and this theme interests me.

Especially looking for color ideas for a fade, or split/fade.

Colors I'm juggling in my head: Halloween Black, Silver, Platinum, Coal Black, the darker green from Peridot, not sure what else. I wonder if any of these would make a good fade together, I'm especially interested in the Peridot green and Halloween Black, and colors they could fade with. Ideas?
Jasmine

Postby Jasmine » Mon Dec 18, 2017 5:55 pm

Wonderful movie! I saw it over the weekend.

Maybe something like Geiger Green (black with green metallic) marbled with Night Sky (black with blue metallic), definitely with aqua spooky seconds!

I would probably choose Kona as the model, tbh.
ImageImage
ReggyRenegade

Postby ReggyRenegade » Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:04 pm

Oh damn, those colors sounds amazing! I thought a Kelvin would make a good merman, but he’s way too pointy for me. The scales and ridges remind me of the plates on the fishman’s tummy. The sea dragon seems like an obvious choice but his base just doesn’t make me think fish man.

I’m in agreement on the merperson toy, I would buy that the same day it came out. :widesmile:
:dukacola: Agender (They/them) ~ Pansexual ~ My heart says 'size queen' but my body says 'minis' :dukacola:
Teenie Weenie Hoarder

► Show Spoiler
ReggyRenegade

Postby ReggyRenegade » Sun Dec 24, 2017 6:05 pm

Okay so I’m definitely going to use either Boxing Day sale or the end of year sale (so I can also grab some other toys in special colors) to order a Shape Of Water toy. I’ve decided on a Terra but I’m caught between two color combos. One is closer to the actual costume and the other is a slightly more interesting color combo. With either one I’ll probably ask for some GITD cyan and gold dazzle.
Attachments
9330166D-D0C0-4CE0-8F67-51E47684CFAC.png
17AF40D8-5D1B-44B6-AAFA-7950C14D46CF.png
Teenie Weenie Hoarder

► Show Spoiler
Fae Fantase

Postby Fae Fantase » Sun Dec 24, 2017 6:33 pm

ReggyRenegade wrote:Okay so I’m definitely going to use either Boxing Day sale or the end of year sale (so I can also grab some other toys in special colors) to order a Shape Of Water toy. I’ve decided on a Terra but I’m caught between two color combos. One is closer to the actual costume and the other is a slightly more interesting color combo. With either one I’ll probably ask for some GITD cyan and gold dazzle.

I haven't seen The Shape of Water. Yet your first design I really like. If you're looking to do a green-black base you could do Geiger black for the base =^).
Last edited by Fae Fantase on Fri Jan 26, 2018 6:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I've sold toys to over 17 different homes.
Grimly Fiendish

Postby Grimly Fiendish » Mon Dec 25, 2017 8:43 pm

I've heard that BD won't custom marble GITD with non-GITD colors (?) but if not, you can surely find a GITD purple to marble with. Then the whole shaft will GITD.

Plus, BD makes a GITD version of Giger Black, so if you take the advice to make the base Giger Black, the entire toy can glow.
ReggyRenegade

Postby ReggyRenegade » Mon Dec 25, 2017 9:00 pm

I’ve heard that too, which is too bad because I love marbled toys that are only half GITD. If they say no then I will probably ask for spooky seconds, because I don’t have any toys with... well any kind of ‘seconds’ effect and I’ve been meaning to get one. :cool: Giger Black would be an awesome base color, it definitely needs to have some sparkle.
Teenie Weenie Hoarder

► Show Spoiler

Return to “General Discussion”